Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Can't get Past 'Requesting Character Load' Screen

• GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Same on PC EU--- can't get past requesting character load. I can get in on PC NA...and crash around every 5-7min
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why...
    why, first endless queue, then kick...
    now hanging on login screen......... this game is so broken.......
    Options
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont remember the exact timing of the sharding, but there was a lot of issues before matt firors postmortem (march 25), and the issues were still occurring at least for another solid week after that which made them do another maintenance (april 2 at 1am) which is what actually fixed whatever the issue was

It's in the post they made: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/600966/update-33-pc-launch-postmortem/
    "...the issue was actually caused by a bad (as in failing) network port that was unable to process as much bandwidth as it was configured for. It wasn't a software problem at all; it was a hardware failure that, in essence, slowed down the entire megaserver. Tuesday’s maintenance was to take that device out of service and reconfigure a replacement, and once that was up, everything returned to normal and the DB Sharding process ran as intended: behind the scenes and with no player impact.

Obviously, there are no guarantees, but we do believe we have gotten to the root of this issue. The TL;DR is that it wasn't related to Update 33, Account Wide Achievements or DB Sharding at all, even though they all happened around the same time and we spent too much time investigating a red herring because of it."
    Edited by heinousmoz on April 6, 2022 7:14PM
    Options
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brace yourself EU players... they released the shaaaard (how odd it struck so late after the manteinance)
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on April 6, 2022 7:16PM
    Options
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Once you log in it takes 5-10 mins to load character 😂😂😂

Seems like floppies are overriden 👻👻👻
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because there's an event on.
    We knew this would happen and people even opened up a request on the forum...
    Everyone is logging in at the same time + updates to server/game + something wrong still in the background
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking for a long time to get back to another game but ESO kept me pretty busy,between RL stuff,work,family,household,etc I only have certain time a day for gaming so I did prioritize ESO over other games, now at least I can get back to them :smiley:
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must be that bad network switch on the PCNA server they had to replace a few weeks back. Wait, nevermind.

Seemed odd to me 5 hours to address one exploit while using one item but what do I know besides what's communicated.
    Options
  • Zeakros
    Zeakros
    ✭✭
    Same here. Login queue followed by loading character screen.
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% nothing to do with sharding/cold storage folks
    Nothing to see here, move along.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
    Options
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    It went on for a week on NA. Good luck, EU.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I'm in character load on EU for 20 mins so far. 3:26 EDT
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna quote myself from 2 days ago, because lots of us predicted exactly this.
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    We are finishing one event, which was difficult for PC NA, and now about to go into the most anticipated event of the year.

If Zos break their largest server before an event that requires logging into multiple characters they will seem completely incompetent.

I waited till after the sharding to buy ESO+, so this afternoon I resubscribed... I'm an idiot.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it supposed to be better after this "cold storage" thing was added ? ? ? It is kinda um... the same as before...
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna quote myself from 2 days ago, because lots of us predicted exactly this.
    We are finishing one event, which was difficult for PC NA, and now about to go into the most anticipated event of the year.

If Zos break their largest server before an event that requires logging into multiple characters they will seem completely incompetent.

I waited till after the sharding to buy ESO+, so this afternoon I resubscribed... I'm an idiot.

This makes 2 of us, I renewed my sub 2 days ago
    -_-
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • CombatCoati
    CombatCoati
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, PC EU.
    Had finally managed to get in and get my event tickets, tried to log into another character for the endeavours and now am stuck again in character load...
    CAUTION! Rider breaks for resource nodes!
    Options
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spending my evening stuck in character login like the others.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on April 6, 2022 7:40PM
    Options
  • ClericPro
    ClericPro
    ✭✭✭
    It's in the post they made: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/600966/update-33-pc-launch-postmortem/
    "...the issue was actually caused by a bad (as in failing) network port..."
    Did they move this port from NA server to EU server?
    Edited by ClericPro on April 6, 2022 7:41PM
    Options
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually inside the game playing, but the loading times when changing area are minutes long!
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
    Options
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ClericPro wrote: »
    "...the issue was actually caused by a bad (as in failing) network port..."
    Did they move this port from NA server to EU server?

lmfaoo

This made me chuckle.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sold that it's over on PC NA.
    Options
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sold that it's over on PC NA.

It isn't.

tt3vje38f0o2.png
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
    Options
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here.

I just need to login for 5 minutes in the next hour. I hope it'll be possible, otherwise I'll miss today's event tickets. :'(
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Looks like you can login just with only one character and after a1/4 of an hour waiting to login. If you try to login with another character you''ll be kicked off for inactivity and when you'll re-try you will see the only one character you can login with. This means that the waiting time to login with your second character was just an appearance. If you try again, you'll be kicked off for inactivity again.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll I have to say is welcome to what PC NA experienced during the server sharding process. I guess ZOS hasn't figured out the root cause.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ay I have so little hopes the Jubilee event will be going smoothly this year...no matter which server.
    Options
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, looks like this will be the best Jubilee event ever. :(

Which network card broke this time?
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got booted for inactivity while waiting for a character to load... when I tried to log back in I got a login timeout...

Then Error 334 Lost lobby connection.
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Got in, tried to walk out of my house... endless loading screen. >.>
    Options