Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get Past 'Requesting Character Load' Screen

• Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the issue too, but I got through after about 7 minutes of 'requesting character load' and another minute or two of load screen.
    PC EU too
    I have been getting longer and longer loadscreens when changing zones or characters today as well.
    Options
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    same
    Options
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    To add insult to injury, I just got kicked from the load screen for inactivity!!.
    Options
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here.
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
    Options
  • bitsquare
    bitsquare
    ✭✭
    Yup, stuck on loading screen... PC EU Server.
    Options
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Nice... 7 days of "even" 3 of them can't play XD. And silence... Maybe i should change game...
    Options
  • Galena22
    Galena22
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, same here... stuck in a never ending character load
    Options
  • No4h
    No4h
    ✭✭
    Same for me on EU server :(
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 random crashes in pvp this afternoon with hardly anyone around...
    And now login problems ^^

Are we getting another maintenance tonight?
    Options
  • Galena22
    Galena22
    Soul Shriven
    on PC EU Server
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC EU and just got hit with this.

I logged in just over an hour ago, picked up the login reward, looked at endeavours and collected mail, then logged out to character select and got kicked for inactivity because I was distracted. I logged back in, this time on a different character, did the King Boar jester's festival daily quest then went to Daggerfall Outlaws Refuge to launder and bank some stuff. All that was fine, no unusual loading screens or lag or anything.

Then I logged out to character select again and tried to switch to a 3rd character and got stuck on 'requesting character load', which also slowed my computer down so much it was impossible to do anything else. I thought it might be the character so I closed the game down (using the x in the corner in Windowed mode), restarted and tried a different one, but had the same problem. Restarted again just in case it helped and got stuck in a short queue to log in, then got the same problem when I tried to log into a character.

I'm giving up on it for now and will play something else instead.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Well, here goes 2 days of event tickets, if i can't log in tonight , tomorrow i would only have time to hand in quest for reward but if i can't finish it today ....
    Options
  • Coopersnow
    Coopersnow
    ✭✭✭
    Same plus 11 other people.
    Any info on this
    Options
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we were due for a maintenance anyway, it's been a while and the hamsters need thier rest :D
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am one if those guy paying for eso plus whereas I can play only one day every week. This playing day is today :-1:
    Options
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    PC EU
    Options
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    I bet this thread will be deleted.
    Options
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU Got in after about 10 min of character loading in. Looking forward reloging to other two toons ... /s
    Options
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here; PC EU.

Logged out of one char & got stuck whilst loading onto the next char, from the Character Screen.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    And it is still the same “Requesting character load…”
    Reloade 3 times, worked for 3 hours but I need to relog for dailies to another character 😤😤😤

Seems like the Monday’s maintenance has done some intersting improvements 🤔🤔🤔
    Options
  • Warwolf
    Warwolf
    Same .. no tickets club ...
    Options
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    im in PC EU
    Options
  • Maxime
    Maxime
    ✭✭
    Same here and GPU is going berserk.
    Options
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    same issue..EU server. in the end you log in but takes too much time. Looks like Sharding did not increase the performance as said.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heinousmoz wrote: »
    based on the sound of this, it seems to be almost the exact same issue that happened on the NA server after the sharding occurred

the days after the sharding were marred by login failures and long load screens until they did the emergency maintenance last sat early morning

That was a failing Newtwork port though. It would be an extreme coincidence for an entirely different server 1000's of miles away to have the exact same hardware failure.

i dont remember the exact timing of the sharding, but there was a lot of issues before matt firors postmortem (march 25), and the issues were still occurring at least for another solid week after that which made them do another maintenance (april 2 at 1am) which is what actually fixed whatever the issue was
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Warwolf
    Warwolf
    Warwolf wrote: »
    Same .. no tickets club ...

Guess i was to impatient ..it took a veryyyyyyyyyyy long time but iam in
    Options
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thretion wrote: »
    I bet this thread will be deleted.

I think an unscheduled maintenance is more likely to be honest.
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    same.
    so about tomorrows daily maintenance.... when is it?
    Options
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, it worked after many minutes ... but there's something not right.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All. We are aware of current issues and investigating. We'll follow up once we have more info.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post