The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What‘s your main class? [2022 edition]

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I had a Dragonknight during Beta but went Templar at launch and never looked back!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Wow, I thought sorcs would definitely be #1. But as my main on console was a NB that's still almostmy favourite class.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on February 2, 2022 4:18AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    I have multiples of everything, but I am best on my healing magplar templar and consider her my main. I know the class the best and can be most flexible with swapping out skills, meeting the needs of the group, rising to challenge, etc. as templar feels like an extension of my fingers when I'm at the keyboard. :smiley: I've soloed and duo-ed a LOT of content on her.

Next in line is my warden healer, which is the one going to trials at the moment, my mag pet sorc, as my best DPS, and my necro tank, who still has a lot to learn but brings me much enjoyment.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Still main my first. <3
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    I mainly PvP. StamDK there and then Magplar when I want to switch it up. PvE I go Magplar. 1st character: StamDK. 2nd character: Magplar.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    In-game it feels like everybody and their momma is a templar, including me :D
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    Bosmer melee magblade even though all I do is die in pvp - melee magblade has needed help since... forever? However, this new patch just might change that!
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Caupo wrote: »

I've noticed that when I run any of my wardens. All I see is that javelin going off 😂
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    To be honest... I HATED Nightblade for years... it was my second most hated class behind Dragonknight until Warden and then Necromancer came along. I've played all classes and found Dragonknight to be too difficult and underpowered, Necro to me is just too much micromanaging, Warden is just boring and I hate the visuals, while Nightblade seemed too niche. My main class was Templar, for years. I had Magplars and Stamplars... but every time I'd find myself bored to tears with the endless jabs.

Last year I decided to give Nightblade another go. Due to the irritation of having to fight my way down into the bottom of a dungeon and then fight my way back out again... I loved the idea of just using Shadowy Disguise to bypass all the mindless fighting just to reach a quest objective. With my CP as it is, I don't NEED combat XP so the idea was appealing. So, I created a Magblade and absolutely LOVE IT! I can fight if I want, or I can bypass the mindless fights if I want. I have several builds so that I can play different playstyles depending on the content I'm engaging in. NB is such a more well-rounded and versatile class compared to Templar... and I don't find myself bored to tears with spamming the same singular skill over and over.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I played Nightblade in the beta but switched to Templar at launch.
    ADarklore wrote: »
    My main class was Templar, for years. I had Magplars and Stamplars... but every time I'd find myself bored to tears with the endless jabs.

My Magplar doesn't even use jabs as the spammable. He uses https://eso-hub.com/en/skills/guild/psijic-order/elemental-weapon and light attacks with a flame staff.

If I ever rerolled again though I would go back to a Nightblade.
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    In every game I like to have several pretty good characters to play instead of one amazing "main character".

So I checked my /played and Templar wins at 14 days. Second is DK at 12 days.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Was strictly Sorcerer and Templar, but not really enjoying Warden and Night Blade. Probably because I've gotten a bit better with weapon swapping and keeping interest in the game.

So, latest tally is (5) Sorcerers, (3) Templars, (2) Wardens, (2) Night Blades, (1) Necro and (1) Dragon Knight.

I really would like to delete a few of these and restart, but friends have reported that deleting a slot you purchased from the Crown Store is gone forever and you need to put in a ticket to get it back. :(
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    .been playing magden for over a year and having a blast with it
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I‘m very surprised by the Necromancer and Templar results here.

I really thought Necromancers would be more popular. And hell, what made Templars be so prominent now, usually always Sorc was the most popular class, lol.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Cant give up the necro life
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I know every class in ESO has some magic or w/e, but I do it for the RPz
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I really thought Necromancers would be more popular. And hell, what made Templars be so prominent now, usually always Sorc was the most popular class, lol.

DLC classes always have a lower rate than OG
    Edited by Wing on February 3, 2022 1:09AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Wing wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »

DLC classes always have a lower rate than OG

I am not so sure, especially for PvP. There was a time where Warden and Necromancer dominated and I am still surprised that Necromancers took such a turn in popularity.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    It's templar, but I wanna switch to dragonknight, but I've played 6 years with this main, and having to do everything all over again is keeping me from ever switching. Even with account achievements.
  • Saluka
    Saluka
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    It will be Sorcerer again since I get the least negative response when I play it in groups.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    👀 8000 hours aren't I doomed?

5 sorcs
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on February 5, 2022 11:23PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Caupo wrote: »

😆 They are only ones alive in pvp
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Wow Dragon knight is the weaker in favor of og classes
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    With a Warden and armory system I can play any role. Love my options.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Guess I’ll try Necromancer as main then when nobody is playing that class, lol.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Altruz
    Altruz
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necro, I really like the theme
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    Nightblade is my most played class due to my main being one. Tho for group content, I play dragonknight tank or warden healer. (And very rarely my assorted DDs.)
    PC-EU - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher - Fashion Scrolls - 1400+ CP
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar Tank 4 Life!
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Warden, always and forever.
    My main is a Warden tank, but I also have multiple magdens and multiple stamdens.

I do have characters of other classes (except Templar), but Warden is my Primary.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • LightningWitch
      LightningWitch
      ✭✭✭
      I can tell you what it is without looking at the results: Templar.

*checks results

Yep. Called that one. Can't throw a shoe in Tamriel without hitting of them right now. :expressionless: