The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What‘s your main class? [2022 edition]

• Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Warden, then Templar.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    My three really-played characters are a bow Stamblade, bow Stamden, and jab Magplar. But the Stamblade is my original character, and the one with the most things done on her.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Okay reposting.

I have a character of each class and don't really consider one of them my main. However, I have spent more time on my Stamwarden last year running through Blackwood and Deadlands with this character.

My Nightblade is my first character and crafter, but they are set up for PVP and don't carve through overland quite as fast.

My MagDK is my character that has all the PVE achievements including having completed all the trails, I am currently using them to run through this event.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    My main is a EP Dunmer MagDK that was created when the game launched in 2014. I have never changed her name, race, appearance or alliance.

When Morrowind released I deleted all of my characters except for my main. I now have 5 DK's as well as a magicka and stamina variant of every class fully leveled and geared, but the other characters hardly ever get played.

Through thick and thin. I will always stand my ground as the world around me burns. DK for life!
  • adyreonb14_ESO
    adyreonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    Have one of each class, but prefer them in this order.

1) Nightblade
    2) Necromancer
    3) Warden
    4) Dragonknight
    5) Templar
    6) Sorcerer
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    DK, but my Templar is catching up. Slowly but surely. I actually hate DK though, but am too invested in my girl to swap mains.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Vrienda wrote: »
    [snip]

From your signature: "Waiting for the day when characters not created in Morrowind or any other chapter are allowed to have that extra skill point we were denied!"

This right here so much yes please.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar was my first and main. I have two.

Followed by Warden

Depending on this account wide achievements thing...and how it is implemented...my "alt's" may get more play though!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden first, with templar, my original class, a very close second.

Ditto! :) (I have two wardens, though, but my original class templar is second)
    Edited by AzuraFan on February 1, 2022 3:57AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Even though my do-everything character main is a stam DK, every chance I get I play my Sorcs. Stam DK is sad to play nowadays :'(
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    My faves have changed over the years from sorceror to dragonknight, to warden, and now necromancer. I can never be satisfied playing just one class.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My only class actually
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    Magblade (if I have to be precise) for better or worse, I chose this class because of how much fun it is for me and not because of its strength, or lack thereof.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    dumbledore-always.gif
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar, both mag and Stam, since 2016.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Currently have 5 stamsorcs, so id say that is a quite easy answer :)
    Edited by Jierdanit on February 1, 2022 12:19PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Magsorc ♾
    Also have for RP(and mules):
    Necro
    NightBlade
    Templar
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    While I have other characters, they are mostly just writ mules. I only play my necromancer. If I ever get bored I tend to just change roles for a while, or from mag to stam if I am doing PvP, swap an outfit, and everything feels fresh. No need for other characters.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Wow, so few Necromancers? I was under the impression that the class is super popular due to its performance in PvE and PvP.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Main character: Templar

Plays the most of: Nightblade
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    It's not my main main, but I play Nb the most.
    Can't get past the versatility. Solo dungeons easily, blow through dailies stealthing past trash mobs, make a fortune thieving and ridding the towns of nps, be a disgusting pest in pvp.... they do it all.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Hard to pick a I have several mains for different content and roles. So I voted based on my long-standing PVE group main, my templar healer.

Followed closely by sorcerer as my main tank and DD are both sorcerers.

My general crafting overland main is a nightblade and I would like to play the class better in both PVE and PVP as well.

Warden is the class that I feel I should like as I like nature magic and the idea of a cryomancer, but am still experimenting and haven’t found the right feel for me.

Dragonknight remains my least played class (all those skills transforming character appearance turned me off) but am working on finally getting one leveled. I might concentrate on fire magic but that chain is also quite satisfying to use, hehe.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Still a Dragonknight... somehow.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    I've only been playing a couple months, and templar is the only toon I feel really comfortable on. *jab**jab**jab*
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Content/Group Wise -Necromancer Tank/DPS

Main Character-Solo Other activities -Nightblade
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden, always.
    uwu
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    The first character I created was a Stam DK and since then I've always had a soft spot for them. I've been there for the highs and lows of nerfs and buffs to DKs and now there's no question as to how strong they are in all content; PvE and PvP. And after reading the new patch notes, they're only getting stronger lololololol.

I do think Magsorc for me is a close second. I really enjoy their versatility and I find their playstyle to be lots of fun.
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Still sorcerer. I'm pretty new compared to most players here but my favourite character has been my dark elf sorcerer from the very start. I'm not a fan of relying on pets (especially because I'm often too forgetful to get rid of them in towns) but I do like the whole dark magic and lightning thing.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Pet Sorc.

Not the most powerful and limited slots due to the pets, but I like it.

I played a hunter on WoW years ago and this is the closest here.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I have multiple toons of every class. Since I started playing, I have been constantly changing which one would be my main.

However, in the last month, my 2-handed stam sorc / werewolf has become my absolute favourite to play, with the pet mag sorc just behind. The stam sorc has the best gear and can solo the most content, and is no slouch in group content either. The pet mag sorc is just a lot of fun seeing her personal army (companion, scamp, matriarch, non-combat scamp and Jeff when he's around) following after her, doing her bidding.

My previous main, a magplar, is still the #1 crafter, antiquarian, harvester, etc. But that's all she does now.
    PC - NA