The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What‘s your main class? [2022 edition]

• Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I start play game as DK (my main character), but I chose tank role with him. I play more with my second now, Sorcerer.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I’m back to my warden for the first time since necro came out. Refreshing to have all those self buffs after playing a class that essentially has to rely on skills outside the class tree for them xD
    Edited by Arbit on February 9, 2022 6:04PM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I just checked in as a Necromancer and made it my new main.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    OVER 8 years now main class is Templar and I have 6 of them all Khajiit o:)

Wrote OVER, because playing Khajiit Templar since January 2014 beta :D
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on February 10, 2022 6:07AM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer
    Been Magcro since it dropped in Elsweyr, going to try to stick to it too.

I also play MagDK and Magden oftenish. My first love though will always be Magsorc, still got the first character I ever made too.

I will say this, achievements going account-wide makes it so much easier to switch from a class that is driving me nuts. So far so good with Magcro, love it but if something better comes you won't hear "Damn, I want to play it but I got all these achievements already on this dude."
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necromancer here as well.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Sorcerer was great fun until the shield nerf, played it less and less after that, and then Necromancer became my new main. I can run almost everything on class skills, just a couple guild & weapon skills.

Some of my other chars are Nightblade or Warden, which are fun, but not especially powerful, the class often contributes very little to those. I can't do anything with DK or Templar, they just don't work for my play style.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    No point in having a main anymore since all characters will be your main. There is no main. Might as well get rid or classes to.
  • Cardhwion
    Cardhwion
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Main Class: Templar
    Other classes I play. Warden and Sorc

Tried and been meh: DK
    Tried and disliked: Nightblade

Never tried and not interested: Necro
    "Why did I follow him...? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East."
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Main class: Sorcerer
    Have Most of: Nightblade (but I've still sunk the most hours into Sorcerer)
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Saluka
    Saluka
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer but I did some long stuff on other characters that are not my main that I still need to do on my main.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    This forum post is from last year. It looks like this thread got bumped. Soon a mod will come and close this one 😉.

My response to the main class in Elderscrolls is that I play a dps templar. I play all other classes as well.
    Edited by wilykcat on January 25, 2023 9:45AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    wilykcat wrote: »
    This forum post is from last year. It looks like this thread got bumped. Soon a mod will come and close this one 😉.

My response to the main class in Elderscrolls is that I play a dps templar. I play all other classes as well.

After the announcement later this evening this thread becomes obsolete and outdated anyway. I’ll make a new one then. :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Seraphayel wrote: »

After the announcement later this evening this thread becomes obsolete and outdated anyway. I’ll make a new one then. :)

That would be awesome 👍
    Edited by wilykcat on January 25, 2023 10:39AM
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My Main is a Sorcerer, it's been Sorcerer since Beta and I still play him 1 bar heavy attack with pets, oh the armour and skills have changed many many times over the years (Thanks for that ZOS) but I still enjoy it, which is the main reason I still play the game, I still enjoy it.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade

Not until actual update rolls live, so we're fine for now lol.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

Not until actual update rolls live, so we're fine for now lol.

Yeah, might wait until June then, lol. ;)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    It was hard to pick, but Warden because its my favorite healer.

Dragonknight is now my favorite dps.

But I get ALL my achievements and do questlines on my nightblade XD
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is current FotM
    Changing every few weeks
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    My “main” is the character i use to check out new chapters on the PTS, but then I will play through that story on the live server with whichever character it suits. That character is a DK, so I voted that way. I have a lot of alts, and Templar and Nightblade are well-represented in that mix. Because Warden and Necromancer were later additions, there are fewer of those, and they are not compelling enough to take over.

Horses for courses.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    99% of achievements are on my warden, but I am starting fresh with a Templar, since I have the least amount of experience with it.

I have to say it is fun since I am learning thing.
    PvP needs more love.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    NIGHTBLADE.
    came back to life with oakensoul, died with oakensoul.
    eso ptsd achieve.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    Main character is a Dunmer Brawl Blade Pure Vampire

Secondary's are my Orc Crit based Stamden Werewolf and my Argonian Potion Chugging MagCro
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    Night Blade
    main character: nightblade

have the most of: nightblade

i love: nightblade

My only char is Nightblade. I have played for almost 2 years now and only played Nightblade. Love it!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Templar, although I have no idea what mu char is supposed to do in the game. Healing, nerfed, damage nerfed, Jabs completely wrecked etc, etc etc.

I 'm now so gimped I have no place in a group setting.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Used to be Stamina Dragonknight but now its been only Stamina Sorcerer. It's just so much more fun
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar, although I have no idea what mu char is supposed to do in the game. Healing, nerfed, damage nerfed, Jabs completely wrecked etc, etc etc.

I 'm now so gimped I have no place in a group setting.

If you look on JustLootIt he has Magplar as S tier for DPS and Healing. alcast has it as 4th best DPS.

Just find a group who read those websites and they'll realise you're still awesome.
    Edited by Mesite on January 25, 2023 5:35PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My story playthrough/most play time/crafting character is my sorc, But I have 3 or 4 of everything and what I main in terms of content varies patch to patch.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.