The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you dislike the new feature: Tales of tribute card game?

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't feel like it should be a full main new feature.
    Not a big fan of mini games. I never even played Qwent.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please, comment why).
    With very little info (literally a snipette during the presentation) it's hard to vouch/look forward to something.
    Most products are advertised for their capabilities/what is offers/how it plays...
    I don't get pre-purchases nor hype when you are in the 'dark'?

Also, yeah..we had other priorities I believe which were on the 'to do list' for quite some time.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is gonna be another cash grab and pay-to-win.
    I'm not against the idea but I'm concerned that if you actually want to use the new system you'll spend more time collecting cards than playing with them, and that it will cost a lot of gold and/or crowns to get ones which are useful.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't actually dislike the card game, i just want to be in the poll! :D
    I've been really wanting a good pass time to do in between doing PvE or crafting. So this will be really fun to do! I love tavern mini games, and think that if enough people get in on this, that it can be super awesome to do in between PvE things.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a card game makes sense in ESO. ESO is a mmorpg not a card game.
    This years global reveal, in total, convinced me that ZOS is winding down it's investment into ESO and they aren't going back. If you look at how over the last couple years new content has been getting smaller and smaller and is less related to the original base game, with essentially all content, mounts etc. being a reskinned version of things we already have, it appears ZOS is on track to cease all investments into ESO in a couple years or so. I am now wholly convinced that ZOS is not investing anything into ESO they don't absolutely have to and it's unlikely they are making the investments required to fix any performance issues. I'd like to be wrong, but based on the evidence I am not.

I mean, this year even one of the 'perks' for pre-ordering the collectors bundle is an emote that we already have. ??? (/ownthrone is not new)

I can't say as I disagree wholly here, but the /ownthrone was actually an error and it's a different emote that will be included.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play/like card games.
    unless I'm playing an actual real physical card game with my friends or family along side me, I just can't get into virtual ones, sorry, don't care how "good" it is, not my thing
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All/some of the above (please, comment which ones).
    It's an outdated, hackneyed, simplistic, standalone, filler that appeals to a very, very small group of mostly younger people. It would be OK as a small distraction in a set of other tavern games but it's laughable as a main feature.

What's next, Lute Hero? Words with Fiends? Angry Gryphons?
    Edited by krachall on January 31, 2022 8:13PM
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see what a card game has to do with ESO, and am disappointed that's the year's new feature.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I didn't watch the reveal, as I don't want to set myself up for supreme disappointment, and I know nothing about the card game, here's what I do know:

1) Housing should have been fantastic. Instead, they introduced special materials for crafting that made it more expensive to buy a bed than a house.
    2) Antiquities should have been fantastic, but they made it so difficult to get leads.
    3) Companions should have been fantastic, but they introduced special gear and limited skills.

That sets the scene for the trading card game: hard to get, expensive and ultimately not worth the candle.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    I just don't see what a card game has to do with ESO, and am disappointed that's the year's new feature.

Denizens of Tamriel play games in this world, now you can join in on one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 31, 2022 8:46PM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predictions,

Ohh look, I got a a cool card from my crown crate that I can keep and use in my deck.

Cool I can earn cards with The ESO+ + phone app
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% support parlor games like this card game. I've been asking it for years, and I'm glad to see some progress. I would like if we got a cool dice and board game as well. (The dicegame should be made in a way to settle small disputes between friends as well, with collectable dice)

I hope to see more activities I can do at the bar, and in the meantime, bring this cardgame to Fargrave and the Deadlands. (Trying to explain game-rules to a Xyvkyn is always a challenge though. They want to crush the cards)
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems incredibly tone-deaf on ZOS's behalf. I know that they don't *have* to bow to the whims of players, but seriously... no one asked for a card game aside from a handful of forum posts. People have been asking for just about everything BUT a card game. It just feels like they pay zero attention to their player base.

I don't want to play a card game within a game. I don't like Gwent in TW3 either. If I want to play a card game, I'll go elsewhere.

I had low expectations going into this, but I'm going to need to set my bar on the bottom of the Mariana Trench moving forward.

Someone on here mentioned that an in-game card game is fairly complex when it comes to designing and programming it... if so, WHY did they spend their time on THIS of all things?
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loved ff8 card games system and hope its gonna be alike
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So they already have a full card game that was developed and supported, which had depth and fantastic gameplay and was put on life support in December of 2019. TESL is still a thing you can play, and is very good. They had the assets, and with it being on life support and owned by Zenimax, along with the fact that TESL and ESO have collaborated in the past (looking at the dark brotherhood direwolf mount), it was the obvious decision to, if they were adamant on putting a card game in ESO, it should have been TESL.
    Fact of the matter, card games are hard to make, and harder to make well. It's unlikely that they're going to make a card game that is better than TESL, since that was fantastic, and with the single deck mechanic they teased, it sounds like there won't be much of a competitive nature with this new card game. I could be proven wrong; it could be a very competitive game with a lot of strategy, cool cards, neat decks you can make and compete with, and it could be better than TESL. If it goes that route, then great! But a game that requires each player to make and submit 2 decks, only for all 4 (2 from each player) to be combined into one central deck sounds like, just from a core design standpoint, not a competitive game. It sounds like a party game, but it's 1 on 1, making it a coin flip where your decks don't matter since you and your opponent pull from the same pool of cards.
    I want it to be good. But TESL vets like myself are sorely disappointed, and TCG players also like myself are very skeptical that it'll be good. And if it's not good, it'll become dead content.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Czeri wrote: »

Denizens of Tamriel play games in this world, now you can join in on one.

I've never seen NPCs play cards. Dice or something like it, yes, but never cards.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the card game yet
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a card game makes sense in ESO. ESO is a mmorpg not a card game.
    I’m confused because there’s already a card game…just because I’m not into it doesn’t make it bad.

It doesn’t make sense to me unless it were a profession mini-game. Think of fishing or crafting
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Does cards help us in Cyrodiil? No? Didn't think so.

LOL

"Reduce lag in cyrodiil by 20% for 2 hours" gold card. Available from vendors starting at 50 million gold.

There are more than 100 things in ESO that warrant attention before a card game.
    Edited by AJones43865 on January 31, 2022 11:43PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to reserve judgement until I play it.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible feature, all that you needed to know to make an informed purchase was stated. 2 decks from each player, all 4 get shuffled together. Simple balancing, and not something not solo oriented like fishing or antiquities. I remember hearing useful items like transmutes being earnable so that's a plus.

I just feel like haters will be trolling and waiting out turn timers to drag out matches, so we will need some leaver penalty or auto lose feature if you wait out the timer too much. A lot of players are petty, but that's the internet for you.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Does cards help us in Cyrodiil? No? Didn't think so.

As the Emperor of Cyrodiil, I challenge you Molag Bal to a children's card game. The loser is banished to oblivion!
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card games are great for camping and power outages, but if I have a functioning computer and electricity, I'd like my games (and mini-games) to come with animated stories and characters.
  • adyreonb14_ESO
    adyreonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a role-player. Looking forward to adventuring during the day, stop at a tavern at night to listen to music, have a drink, and play cards.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn’t play card games irl and not sure if this one will start to play online.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know enough about it yet to decide if I like it or not.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m hyped. Hopefully it doesn’t end up on the store etc or wind up like Hearthstone mercenaries. But I have faith.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think development time could've been spent on something else more important or another better feature.
    I don't dislike it because I haven't seen in it.

I have 2 main concerns, just in general:
    1. It takes away from other game systems development in the future. I know they're working on some deep overhauls, so hopefully not supporting new combat systems frees up resources to contribute to that effort.
    2. How it will be monetized. I hope it'll be no more monetized than Antiquities.

I don't have enough information to make a concrete value statement - yet.

In general, I'd want a more combat oriented system - new skills, weapons, or classes. I hope this systems takes pressure off of the combat and engineering teams so they can work on the overhaul mentioned by ZOS leadership a few weeks back. Time will tell.
    Edited by Destai on February 1, 2022 3:05AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have that kind of attention span. I'm very likely to forfeit a match mid-game if it starts getting boring, I may get suspended from playing letting other players win so much!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ZOS implemented ESO + a lot of players wanted to pay it because they felt it was supporting the game.

Now we are at a point where we all feel like that money is being siphoned away into a new ZOS project and ESO is being neglected.

A card game is ok, but it's not a primary system to advertise with a new chapter, it's a secondary thing.

At this point if ZOS was my girlfriend I would be concerned she's cheating on me.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.