The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Imperial City - How to get players in there again?

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like PvP, but I'm not evil by default to other players.
    In Cyrodiil, it's easy to start a fight with enemy player on the resource or in the keep. There are no other goals there, so if enemy players meet in such locations, they are most likely looking for a fight.
    Imperial City is unique roleplaying zone, and there are players there. There are lot of mobs and chests, and the loot is very rewarding. There are also quests. When you see enemy player, you never know if they are looking for a fight.

In Imperial City, I like to kill mobs and bosses for loot. And I never attack enemy players on sight (unless they are on my mental "Kill on sight" list after past interactions). I love to see how players react to each other when the game doesn't prevent them from attacking each other.

Yk1ZCCe.jpg

They might wish to fight, or do some emotes to each other, or show off their mounts, or kill the boss together :) Sometimes there are enemy players doing daily quests, we just run past each other like in PvE.

But there is one thing which I strongly dislike in IC: loss of too much tel var stones upon death. As a hoarder, I like to accumulate stuff while I adventure. Seeing the 50% loss is sad, even if I die to NPC boss. If there would be no loss of tel var upon death, or something like 10% of tel var... I would feel much more comfortable in IC :) I could also stay farming for much longer time. Currently, I go to bank as soon as I have 1000 tel var (sometimes even less), and this is very annoying.

Also, I don't really like flags in IC. I wasn't visiting IC back when there were no flags. So I can only imagine how cool it was :/ Especially if it allowed for faster respawn in any district.

But yes, major pain point for me in IC is tel var loss. I heard that it was 80% loss upon death to enemy player... That was horrible :o

However, at the same time I personally prefer IC to remain quiet roleplaying zone. I actually dislike it during events, because there are large groups of players everywhere (both enemy and allies), and it's very difficult to have fun social interactions. Sure, it serves the purpose of fast killing boss for tickets... But if I have to sacrifise some of tel var gains for ability to chill in unique PvP zone when there is no event, that's okay.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove tel var loss, make players respawn in the same district they died in, nerf ganking from stealth by a very very large margin, and balance classes MUCH more. Some players get one-shot, while others are unkillable even in 10 to 1, and that should never happen!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest thing would be change the loot table in IC and the sewers. Except for the new helms, even the bosses drop complete crap. I don't even bother with chests in there because I'll get some bananas and white rubedite arms. Killing Molag Baal gives crap. Those two flag bosses give utter crap for the amount of work you have to do.

PCNA
    PCEU
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me IC is dead because of some design problems:

1. Too many loading screens, which makes traveling and death annoying.
    2. Loosing Tel Var on death is really frustrating for many reason (in PvP you can die a lot, which is not a problem, but when you have so much to loose, it frustrate).
    3. You often die because of lag or unbalanced game (broken builds, op proc sets, etc.)
    4. To save your precious Tel Vars you have to go back to bank and because of previous points - it's really annoying, because you have long road, many possibilites to die by lag or unbalanced game (which feels to be not fair) and it's just kills the fun. Best way is just go to Cyrodiil campaign, waiting in safe area and go back, which is ridicolous - it's only shows how badly it's designed.

IC is really annoying place, where you can kill alone district boss and being ganked in last second, then you reborn in another district and your loot is gone. There are so many unpleasant expierences which give just too many bad emotions - this is why most people don't go there. In Cyrodiil I mostly feel ok, no matter how often I die. In IC I get angry too often to call it fun.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE version, no tel var stones. So I can run in there for the crafting stations without worry about getting smacked around doing master writs or fight the bosses cooperatively and collect sticker book.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only venture there for events otherwise avoid it like the plague, nothing will change this
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that thrill of being alone in the IC sewers opening a telvar chest after clearing the mobs from a room.. every click of the lockpick takes an eternity & my ears are burning for the sound of player skills going off :D delicious.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Losing telvar is probably one of the reasons a lot of people avoid going in there.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the losing tel var. perhaps they could add some new sets that only drop from the banner bosses. Maybe some monster sets which they have done before.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Easy.
    1. Increase boss difficulty
    2. Give players sets worth farming
    3. Players go to IC

1. Less incentive to go and farm tel vars for many farmers resulting with less people going to farm the farmers.
    2. Limited time effect. When people get what they need they leave.

Incentive is exponentially increased because sets are actually worth farming. It breaks the negative feedback loop.

Players will always return to Imperial City because

strong PvP sets -> farmers -> PvPers kill farmers -> PvPers kill PvPers

This is the positive feedback loop we need and it all starts with sets actually worth farming.

If you want to prevent a scenario in the far future (years) where IC population is dying because the majority of PvPers already have IC sets, then make IC sets lose potency over time or with use. In this scenario, these IC sets require tel var to recharge.

Additionally, IC vendors can offer sets on a limited time basis. For example, a 1-week rotation of Plaguebreak and Dark Convergence followed by a 1-week rotation of Spell Strategist and Robes of Transmutation. Remember though, the sets need to be very good and not like current offering of PvP sets we have.

Pre-nerf Hrothgar is a great example of a strong PvP set that should be difficult to acquire and recharge in Imperial City.

Currency example:

50k tel var required to buy 1 piece of very strong PvP gear
    25k tel var required to recharge 1 piece of very strong PvP gear

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 31, 2022 8:22AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Instead of adding new sets to Rewards for the Worthy, they should add sets to Imperial City tel var vendors.
    PC NA
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the banner bosses should drop good stuff otherwise they just get avoided all the time.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicker return to the fight would be one of the key elements still, IMHO.

That alone would already lure people seeking larger fights than Battlegrounds but not the long distances and siegeplay of Cyrodiil. Just bloody close quarters with less predictability.

I also think Tel Var are a poor mechanic - they're more disincentive to overcome rather than incentive.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing about the roaming bosses is that they typically target the same player until they die which means a ganker can run in and kill and escape without worrying about the boss. I think that this is fine but the aggro of bosses should be wider and it should be harder to get away from them. Not impossible, just tough.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on January 31, 2022 10:49AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gank builds and harsh telvar loss is the main drift for people. It forces you to run magelight 24/7 because the moment you stop you will be greeted by ele weapon to surprise attack to your back. I swear to god I sometimes think that there is NB in cloak like every 50m from each other on weekends especially. I get it its a main class feature but gosh its annoying.

Imo if you want more people there then remove or reduce the telvar loss to 10-20% with at the same time reducing the normal telvar gain for balance. You can increase the bonus for holding the flags for more incentivize for keeping them. Nowadays players don't like loosing stuff. In Cyro you are loosing time, in IC 2 deaths can negate 1h of gameplay and in very cheap way. And there is not much to buy for these stones other than Powerful Assault, hakeijos (that can drop from heavy sacks now) or flower bags.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let’s face it, Imp City is almost a dead zone for large scale PvP.

I am not an expert on IC but it does not seem to be designed for large-scale PvP. It seems to be setup for smaller scale PvP. Even then, I have noticed that every DLC that has been around for a while has a very low population.

So it seems IC is no different but really has more competition for the small PvP population as there are Cyrodiil and BGs that both offer a reason to actually be there outside of personal reward. Even if leaderboards and team scoring were added there would still be the competition with the other two PvP centers leaving some doubt that an IC leaderboard would have any merit, not to mention how to score IC since there is no faction control over most of it.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't given this much of a thought, but here is yet another bunch of suggestions:
    - All daily quest givers moved downstrairs
    - No flags
    - Spawn on any district
    - No Tel Var loss on death
    - BUT respawn on district costs small amount of Tel Var (i.e. 100)
    - Respawn at base is free
    - You can not take any Tel Var with you from base, you must earn your multiplier every time you chose to leave districts / sewers
    - Killing players earns you Tel Var based on your and their multiplier, but killing same player over and over has diminishing returns

I think that eliminates a lot of issues, like removes some frustration with quests and deaths, while still providing reasons to accumulate Tel Var, kill players with big amounts of Tel Var and also promotes spending more time in PvP area.

EDIT: Okay, there is a an issue. NPC vendors and/or bankers must be added somewhere so players can free up inventories. Perhaps special safe places like vaults.
    Edited by EF321 on January 31, 2022 11:47AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i already like imperial city quite a lot

something that would definitely get me to play there more is add the freaking set drops to the bosses or have some way to get them other than random rolling tel var into the boxes

at least with gear collection now it feels much less of a waste of tel vars, but still a huge waste, there are already many opportunities to add set drops (bosses, portals, molag bal, chests) (i know you can buy most gears directly with tel var which helps, but this excludes weapons, and the jewelry is way too expensive to be worth buying directly)

other things i would consider convenience items:
    • allow respawning in districts regardless who owns the flags (less load screens going back and forth from surface to sewers)
    • increase flag capture speed if more people standing on it
    • and as others noted, a way to gather the quests from the sewer base (they already have a bounty board they could add them too and leave the quest givers in normal location too, more option is always better)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Friday night, a few PS/NA Youtube streamers had an event in IC - Vampires vs Werewolves. Of course more people turned out and Imperial City was fun for hours.

If streamers can fill out IC with a playermade event, why can't Zos ? (besides Midyear)

Thanks Nyce-gaming, Lycan and others that created it. Even Zilla joined in with a get in IC video stream that night. Fun times, my small Redguard guild ran in mortal form and still had fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMeN0vCSsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilOxycd1lCI
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

• Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial City is a place for farmers and gankers.

Getting ganked makes the ganker happy, but the one getting ganked feels like an absolute pile of... stuff.

If time to kill, specifically against newer or non pvp specced players was increased above 1 second, you could see people more interested.

You can say git gud or L2P all you want, but that doesn't bring in the masses. If you want lots of players, appeal to a large amount of players.

I'd rather not appeal to the masses at the expense of Imperial City's PvPvE gameplay. Yes, I realize that's going to limit its appeal, but that's okay by me.

While I understand your point, trying to appeal to players who refuse to spec for PVP when they enter a PVP-enabled zone is aiming for the lowest common denominator.

Even Cyrodiil doesn't support that. Battlegrounds definitely doesn't. It's not that different from PVE group content in that regard: if you don't bother to spec for the minimum of your role requirements, you probably aren't going to have a good time, yet few people suggest that we nerf trials until they appeal to the masses. It's also not that different from doing good DPS in PVE - the players with good DPS will tell you that it takes practice, not just slapping on the right gear.

There's a segment of players who get really bitter when they bring their PVE build to Imperial City during events and predictably have a terrible experience. There's another segment of players who slap on a PVP build and then are shocked and appalled to discover that PVPers are used to fighting other PVPers. Like, yeah...it takes preparation and practice.

For New Players: ZOS needs to offer a Below 50 option for Imperial City. It's unfair to force Below 50 players into the same campaign as the players in CP 160 gear, especially during events. While Below 50 Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds have their own issues with experienced players who like to play at those levels, it tends to be a more welcoming experience for new players who are interested in PVP. It's more forgiving in terms of gear options too.

ZOS already gave everyone some base impenetrable trait. Short of inventing some sort of "battle leveling" as newer players earn their Alliance skill war lines for the first time, I'm not sure how to handhold these players through the learning process. Usually ZOS relies on PVP guilds to do that, which is a problem when the guilds usually avoid Imperial City because the district flag design doesn't allow for brawling fights like Cyrodiil and BGs do. I'd like to see more guilds in Imperial City because groups give newbies the chance to learn from others, win battles, and learn from their mistakes.

Maybe ZOS could offer a PVP Skills Advisor for new players, with the caveat that just like any Skill Advisor build, it takes practice to use effectively. Be a bit hard to keep up with how fast they change the meta, LOL.

Of course, none of that is going to help the players who don't want to prepare for PVP very much, but I don't see much use in trying to make the horse drink after it's been led to water.

I suppose the best advice I have for those players is to see if their guilds will put together a group of likeminded players to run around Imperial City with during events. Might as well have fun with your friends and maybe enjoy some strength in numbers!

I generally agree with you, but, even you built for PvP and were a passible PvPer, its still more advantageous for gankers.

Assume that you build to survive a NB from stealth or even acquire the skill to beat them. The best that you can you hope for is a tie. Even if you won, odds are that you didnt get anything out of it and the best case scenario is that you lose nothing.

Conversely, for a NB who banks their coins their worst case scenario is a tie where they lose nothing.

Personally Im fine with the telvar loss. It makes it unique. Im fine with it not appealing to the masses. Thats okay too. There are a lot of niche aspects of this game, but it could use a little more life at times.

One way that they could explore to make it a little more fair, aside from addressing broken builds, would be to look at integrating something like Imperial Physique into the telvar themselves. So a player might get more health or defenses from having the telvar on them. A NB with no telvar whatsoever would still have less risk, but more challenging to win without carrying telvar themselves.

• Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalik_Gold wrote: »
    Last Friday night, a few PS/NA Youtube streamers had an event in IC - Vampires vs Werewolves. Of course more people turned out and Imperial City was fun for hours.

If streamers can fill out IC with a playermade event, why can't Zos ? (besides Midyear)

Thanks Nyce-gaming, Lycan and others that created it. Even Zilla joined in with a get in IC video stream that night. Fun times, my small Redguard guild ran in mortal form and still had fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMeN0vCSsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilOxycd1lCI

Freaking brilliant. That will bring me into IC. Fast respawn, chaos and brawling.
    Get the garbage npcs out of my face, forget ap/telvar and just let me fight like that.

I'm sad I didn't know that was happening but then I don't think y'all needed another red ww 😁
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gank City. No thanks.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd do a lot more Imperial City if there was a PvE option to enter under a fighters guild banner and just bash daedra, bosses and do non aligned quests without getting the PvP related rewards.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the damn lag in PVP and you will get people back.. trust me.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have stuck with the original game design limiting us to a faction.

Imperial City should have been the raiding (veteran dungeon) content similar to what Matt and gang did with Dark Age of Camelot.

No idea why they went so far away from that design, I think they were onto something
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should have stuck with the original game design limiting us to a faction.

Imperial City should have been the raiding (veteran dungeon) content similar to what Matt and gang did with Dark Age of Camelot.

No idea why they went so far away from that design, I think they were onto something

They couldn't when IC was first introduced, because they were selling it for money, and it was the only source of the highest level mats. So blocking people from being able to access the content they paid for was rightfully deemed unconscionable. At this point, though, they could totally do that.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's easy, have a version without PVP and I'll be straight there.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.