phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Remember this promo image with Bastian?
6e9d598ff0948212382d7b0c19b6004b_erstwhile-compaions_wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

Now compare her to Isobel
05d9e1f587dad2ab788ad699646e5559.jpg

I like that lady with Bastian better, and think they should make Isobel more like the top one. Right now, she looks kind of plain like the epitome of a generic random NPC.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah she does look very plain and has a sour expression that makes her feel like a school marm. Not someone you look forward to spending time with as a companion. Put some makeup on her or soften her features, make her feel like someone you would be interested in talking with. Right now if I passed her on the street, I'd hurry by that sour puss face and never look back.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, I thought that promo image was a player character next to Bastian...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Yeah she does look very plain and has a sour expression that makes her feel like a school marm. Not someone you look forward to spending time with as a companion. Put some makeup on her or soften her features, make her feel like someone you would be interested in talking with. Right now if I passed her on the street, I'd hurry by that sour puss face and never look back.

How does she look sour? The only sourpuss looking there is the khajiit.

I think she looks fine, albeit suffering from the usual blandness young female bretons do.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

It is, but I'm using it as an example. The face on the top image its battle worn, hair unkempt, that scar has seen many things and many more stories to tell.
    Options
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isobel looks like the kind of person that wants speak to my manager
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way she looks. :| In particular, I'm glad they aren't giving her that leather band across her forehead. I never liked that thing. (It would be ok if we could take it off and put it on her at will, though. If it's stuck on her head permanently ... oh heck no.)
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

It is afaik.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, she's the first one I kind of like.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she'll win no beauty contests that's for sure, but she looks like she means business, and has your back, which is what a companion is suppose to be all about anyway

Edited by Blinx on January 29, 2022 5:48AM
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She looks fine to Sammy either way. So long as she fights well, doesn’t fall asleep in red circles and isn’t too fussed about Sammy’s borrowing behaviour, it’s all good
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] Why won't [snip] let us use our alts as companion skins? Or at least use all our collectible tabs to customize our companions? The actual system, as it is, lacks so many things in customization [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2022 2:16PM
    Options
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would gladly pay 5000 crowns if I could adjust the looks of my companions by character creation menu - each.

If we can adjust character look s for crowns why not companions.
    Options
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Cassandra from Dragon Age Inquisition. So I guess she looks the part of a religious knight.
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sakes, stop watching too much TV/Movies and reading adverts. Despite what adverts and entertainment tells you, NOT every female in the world is a SUPER MODEL or should be....

There is more to people than how they look you know...
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Her name is not Karen. :p
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isobel can bring her brother as a companion, then everything will be ok. Wait, maybe Darien is her brother?
    Options
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES PLEASE! She's basic! If zos can't, at least change the hair please!!!!
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sakes, stop watching too much TV/Movies and reading adverts. Despite what adverts and entertainment tells you, NOT every female in the world is a SUPER MODEL or should be....

There is more to people than how they look you know...

Agreed.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    NerfSeige wrote: »

<3 basic
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they keep her as is
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isobel looks fine, yeah she has some fanatical cruelty in her eyes (like someone who kills little kittens with no problem only because gods want it), but it can fit a "knight" personality :D

For me khajiit is a disaster. I want so badly moral-flexible, funny khajiit companion. It's female and female khajiits are mostly less funny than male khajiits (drunk khajiits don't count). But it's ok, I can live with it if she has good personality. The real disaster is her look - triangle face, really awful dreads (I don't like dreads on khajiits and these particular ones are even uglier then any I have seen before) and piercings. Geez, it's ugliest khajiit ever and right now we can be sure that there will be no next khajiit companion at least for years, because there are so many other races waiting for their turn...

And I can't even hide these ugly hairs we any hood, hat, helmet ot potato sack...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think she should be a guy. :D
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • Hlanu
    Hlanu
    ✭✭✭
    She looks fine as is. And to be fair, Bretons always look kind of plain to me. It's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Hlanu - Redguard Arcanist
    Tahemet at-Hubalajad - Redguard Sorcerer

PC EU
    Options
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    She might not have the looks of a Beauty Pageant finalist, but she looks okay to me.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first one looks kind of like my breton warden, but that might just be the head band and scar (although that's not exactly the same).
    uqC0Jhy.jpg

So that might be a bit weird. (I also have a character called Ember, but she's a nord.) But other than that I wouldn't mind either of those characters as companions.

For me the important thing is that their appearence fits them as a person, or if it doesn't the mis-match fits their backstory (e.g. I once had an idea for a very pretty, kind looking necromancer who was an absolutely terrible person and used her looks to take advantage of people). I'm not in school any more so I'm a bit old for pretending to have a crush on a fictional character (also a bit too straight to have a crush on another woman) so I don't need them to be attractive. I don't think good fighters necessarily have to be unattractive either, it's two seperate things.

By far the most important thing is that they're interesting people with more than a handful of lines and not totally useless in combat.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She needs to be wearing a helmet or, failing that, a blood--soaked bandage and a few scars on her face.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She doesn't have to look like a super model, maybe just a little less sour and like a school marm that's ready to take a ruler to your poor knuckles. I'm not looking for a made up doll (I'm straight anyway so that's not what's bothering me) but at least someone who isn't likely to drive a dagger into the back of my chars when their backs are turned towards her. Something needs to be softened to make her look more friendly. She doesn't have to wear makeup or look like a princess, but she needs to look like someone my chars would be friends with.
    Edited by Kesstryl on January 30, 2022 1:57PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »

Her name is not Karen. :p
    :D
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's supposed to be an aspiring knight, not to look like a Barbie or makeup artist. Her face shows alot of character, "commander" type characte which seems to be in line with her described personality.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isobel looks Ok (not great) but I agree that Ember looks kind of ugly even for a cat.

Here is my take on a good looking female cat of flexible morals right from the game

pKIwslb.png

Edit: Hmm, clearly a matter of personal taste then. I believe this Khajiit is now firmly in the "Let us equip helmets on our companions" camp.

When this one buys BretonFest (for $14 ) the only part of Ember that this one wants seen is the tail.
    Edited by MageCatF4F on January 30, 2022 5:23PM
    Options