Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Isobel's appearance could use a reworking

• moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember this promo image with Bastian?
    6e9d598ff0948212382d7b0c19b6004b_erstwhile-compaions_wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

Now compare her to Isobel
    05d9e1f587dad2ab788ad699646e5559.jpg

I like that lady with Bastian better, and think they should make Isobel more like the top one. Right now, she looks kind of plain like the epitome of a generic random NPC.

I like Isobel's appearance as it is because it shows that not every hero is going to cake out on cosmetics. She seems like the type of person that... I don' know... you'd normally see if you were in Tamriel.
    Options
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Isobel is lovely. <3 Kitty Cat too.

Bastian, on the other hand, I wish I could put a bucket on his head :D
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
    Options
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing about her I don't like are those eyebrows, but then again there are about 2 eyebrows in the entire game I like, so...
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
    Options
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww I think she's extremely cute! Not overly dolled, and not a grinning fool <3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's supposed to be an aspiring knight, not to look like a Barbie or makeup artist. Her face shows alot of character, "commander" type characte which seems to be in line with her described personality.

I find that a lot of female Bretons look like they are ready for their photoshoot. This seems to be rather easy to do during character creation.

Edited by Elsonso on January 30, 2022 3:30PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »
    Isobel looks Ok (not great) but I agree that Ember looks kind of ugly even for a cat.

Here is my take on a good looking female cat of flexible morales right from the game

pKIwslb.png

Stuff like this is why they need to make more than 2 companions per year. Their designs are not going to please everyone, and we as players have our own tastes. We don't like having the same exact things as all the other players out there. We'd like our companion choices to reflect our characters, and getting more companions per chapter or DLC would increase the value and desire of those expansions for those who like companions. Heck, just start selling companions in the CS with quests that start in base game zones, ZOS would probably bring in a lot of money from that.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Heck, just start selling companions in the CS with quests that start in base game zones, ZOS would probably bring in a lot of money from that.

Maybe when Blackwood becomes part of the base game down the line. At the moment companions are exclusive to one (soon two) of their Chapters and they probably think that selling them on an individual basis would hurt Chapter sales.

Edited by adriant1978 on January 30, 2022 2:19PM
    Options
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still wishing we could simply put helmets on them. Or allow us to change their hairstyles with the ones from our collections.
    They said they wouldn't allow to change helms and hairstyles or use body markings or anything that covers their faces because they wanted them to feel unique and special to the player, but ironically, that just makes them completely generic when a group of players in a dolmen are closing portals and you see Mirri everywhere with a different outfit.
    Something as simple as a helmet or a new hairstyle would drastically change that (AND make companions feel more personal).

I seriously don't see any reasons why we shouldn't be allowed to do so.
    Maybe it's a technical difficulty they were too ashamed to admit so they said it's a design choice instead?
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's best to wait till PTS to give any feedback on her appearance, the promo might pic might not be faithful. However, personally, I like her appearance, and she does look very Breton-y.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's an aspiring Knight, not a seasoned warrior yet- she doesn't need to have a plethora of scars (This is coming from someone who likes scars and frequently chooses them for characters). Wouldn't want her to look like that top picture personally as I don't think the face on that character is any more welcoming or interesting than the one they've chosen for her. That top picture looks like a generic elder scrolls NPC you see around every corner. With that being said I don't want her to look like a barbie doll either.

IMO, as others in the thread have said, she looks like an attempt to make a character like Cassandra from DAI and to appeal to the sort of crowd that would like her. I think she should be left alone, honestly- she could be better, and she could be worse.

I'm sure her appearance will either grow on me because I like her personality (Had that experience with Mirri- I like her more now that I know her) or she'll live in the same box as He Who Shall Not Be Summoned.

Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm not in school any more so I'm a bit old for pretending to have a crush on a fictional character

Hey now, you're never too old to crush on fictional characters. :tongue:

My first thought when I saw Isobel was "hey, she looks kind of like Ilsabet... OCdonotsteal" but while I agree she doesn't look terribly friendly in that screenshot, I think that kind of piercing gaze makes her look more determined and badass than if she were just gazing nonchalantly at something that may or may not be a threat. I don't think the ZOS writers would be foolish enough to give us a Bastian clone and just make her a girl, so I'm looking forward to seeing what her personality and story actually are.

And it'll be funny if it actually becomes hard to tell her and Ilsabet apart. :D
    51HtgIj.png
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, she looks pretty! Besides, she's an aspiring knight, which kinda implies she's determined to kick ass, which nicely reflects in her expression imo. No need for her to duckface for her nirnstagram career. :D
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let us put helmets on companions please.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ember and Isobel are Gina and Jessica - just look at the picture - Gina is Ember, Jessica is Isobel.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I don't think the ZOS writers would be foolish enough to give us a Bastian clone and just make her a girl, so I'm looking forward to seeing what her personality and story actually are.

Honestly ‘female Bastian clone’ is probably my biggest concern - the personality description they gave for her really sounded like one. But we’ll see.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Ember and Isobel are Gina and Jessica - just look at the picture - Gina is Ember, Jessica is Isobel.

Gina would definitely be the crime chick of the duo.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options