The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2022 story/dlc predictions

• Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Chapters

Volcano - Morrowind (VRD)
    Glacier - Summerset (SUM)
    Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)
    Badlands - Blackwood (BAD)
    Dune - Update 34/Q2 2022 (SYS/HI)

Those are code names for each chapter / year long story and apparently the code name for next story is "Dune".

We also know that it may have Akatosh theme.

Other thing is an interview with Rich Lambert and he hinted that next year we are going somewhere no one is expecting.

Code name "Dune" could indicate that it may be some kind of desert area (maybe between Alik'r Desert & Hew's Bane). So it could be Redguard themed or something like that.

Urghhh more sand. I feel like Anakin Skywalker right now, I hate sand.

That said, perhaps the theme of "dune" and the implication of sand is simply them leaning behind some form of hour glass concept (which uses sand) and thus is to do with Akatosh.

Going somewhere no one is expecting seems oddly weird in the sense that well....people are expecting to go somewhere else in tamriel....so I am not sure we're going to somewhere else in Tamriel based on that. Which means we're going somewhere else entirely or we're going back in time to a place that was sandy before but isn't now. Which is also weird.

I keep thinking we're going to go to another planet. There's that new movie Dune (based on the novel), which about people surviving on planets.

SYS could stand for Solar System.

I admit the idea is pretty out there, but the sky in Fargrave is pretty, there are tons of planets circling in the sky, and it DEFINITELY fits the bill of "No One is Expecting This".
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Hammerfell, the rest of it. And Yokuda before the Ra Gada. Redguards are my homies....
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I predict there will be at least 1 more 2022 prediction thread before 2021 ends :p

(how many have we had so far?)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of us going into space could also match what Lyranth said

"Where I walk next, no mortal has ever even ventured. Possibly no Daedra, either, for that matter."

We're going to boldly go where no one has gone before! Star Trek us into the FUTURE! B)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    The idea of us going into space could also match what Lyranth said

"Where I walk next, no mortal has ever even ventured. Possibly no Daedra, either, for that matter."

We're going to boldly go where no one has gone before! Star Trek us into the FUTURE! B)

I gave you an awesome for the reference.... but PLEASE no....
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

Those are code names for each chapter / year long story and apparently the code name for next story is "Dune".

Other thing is an interview with Rich Lambert and he hinted that next year we are going somewhere no one is expecting.

Code name "Dune" could indicate that it may be some kind of desert area (maybe between Alik'r Desert & Hew's Bane). So it could be Redguard themed or something like that.

That said, perhaps the theme of "dune" and the implication of sand is simply them leaning behind some form of hour glass concept (which uses sand) and thus is to do with Akatosh.

Going somewhere no one is expecting seems oddly weird in the sense that well....people are expecting to go somewhere else in tamriel....so I am not sure we're going to somewhere else in Tamriel based on that. Which means we're going somewhere else entirely or we're going back in time to a place that was sandy before but isn't now. Which is also weird.

I keep thinking we're going to go to another planet. There's that new movie Dune (based on the novel), which about people surviving on planets.

I admit the idea is pretty out there, but the sky in Fargrave is pretty, there are tons of planets circling in the sky, and it DEFINITELY fits the bill of "No One is Expecting This".

regarding the planets in the sky some cosmology should be uttered;

I am now going to go well beyond the confines of comfort regarding my knowledge of the lore here and I am sure @BroughBreaux will crucify me for this with his vastly well kept knowledge if I am wrong or get it wrong (I am just going to assume I am wrong by default):

But I distinctly remember reference to the astral bodies in the night sky being the following (again could be wrong);

Mundus: The realm of existence that nirn inhabits
    Nirn: The astral body that contains the world and continent of Tamriel and other (possibly non-existent or rediscoverable) continents
    Stars: The holes that lead to aetherius the followers of magnus left when they removed themselves after being tricked by lorkhan. Seeing as Aetherius is the link to all things magical then one could consider them bridges to magic or just windows depending on your point of view.
    The Sun: Magnus's departure hole or alternatively the sun IS Magnus depending on your interpretation of it. Though its reasonable to assume the sun is magnus.
    The Moons: Jone and Jode, essentially the spirit attendents of nirn but bound to mortality thats why they look dead. Because they are. (or not? Khajit lore messes with my head)
    Oblivion: Essentially....space (different layer, adjacent). With the realms of oblivion dotted around here and there. Technically depending on the prince, the size of that plane can either be like a bit of floating land mass in space (oblivion) such as the shivering isles or it could be a large body like coldharbour. I am not actually sure if they increase or decrease in size and type based on the power of the prince at the time.
    Constellations: There are thirteen of them, Nine of these are made up completely of stars. Three others are called guardian constellations, as they are each governed by a "Dominion Planet". The Dominion Planets are Akatosh (eye of the Warrior), Julianos (eye of the Sage), and Arkay (eye of the Thief). The last constellation is made up of unstars, and is called the Snake. (referenced from the wiki)

Each deity is represented by their own astral body or planet as previously stated. Meaning they are physical bodies as much as they are incorporeal.

So we can absolutely go to other worlds....if they let us....theoretically, hell there is vague reference to spaceship like instances in the merethic era so anything's possible I guess. Its just a question of if they will let us or not lol

Yeah the ideas are "out there" but possible....the thing about lore is...ESO is shackled by the mainline singleplayer RPG TES, so I am not sure we will get to go to these places ever though technically we've already gone to space by going to oblivion on multiple occasions so. However based on the fact we've visited other planes I highly doubt any kind of space ship style thing would be used. Likely a portal of some kind. I still think however that if it is akatosh themed we will be going through time in some manner just because y'know..dragon god of time.

Can't be more out there than one guy mentioning that he thinks WGT is actually a space ship...dude read too many elder scrolls I think. Should of gone blind years ago.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on November 5, 2021 2:07AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    Just throwing something wild out there… Time travel to the first era when the Akavir continent attacks Tamriel. Imagine the possibilities! ;)
  • Sinking_Otter

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

Maybes we'll be exploring so kind of "sands of time" plotline? It would fit with the Akatosh pet and the celestial crates that were datamined.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

I am now going to go well beyond the confines of comfort regarding my knowledge of the lore here and I am sure @BroughBreaux will crucify me for this with his vastly well kept knowledge if I am wrong or get it wrong (I am just going to assume I am wrong by default):

But I distinctly remember reference to the astral bodies in the night sky being the following (again could be wrong);

Nirn: The astral body that contains the world and continent of Tamriel and other (possibly non-existent or rediscoverable) continents
    Stars: The holes that lead to aetherius the followers of magnus left when they removed themselves after being tricked by lorkhan. Seeing as Aetherius is the link to all things magical then one could consider them bridges to magic or just windows depending on your point of view.
    The Sun: Magnus's departure hole or alternatively the sun IS Magnus depending on your interpretation of it. Though its reasonable to assume the sun is magnus.
    The Moons: Jone and Jode, essentially the spirit attendents of nirn but bound to mortality thats why they look dead. Because they are. (or not? Khajit lore messes with my head)
    Oblivion: Essentially....space. With the realms of oblivion dotted around here and there. Technically depending on the prince, the size of that plane can either be like a bit of floating land mass in space (oblivion) such as the shivering isles or it could be a large body like coldharbour. I am not actually sure if they increase or decrease in size and type based on the power of the prince at the time.
    Constellations: There are thirteen of them, Nine of these are made up completely of stars. Three others are called guardian constellations, as they are each governed by a "Dominion Planet". The Dominion Planets are Akatosh (eye of the Warrior), Julianos (eye of the Sage), and Arkay (eye of the Thief). The last constellation is made up of unstars, and is called the Snake. (referenced from the wiki)

Each deity is represented by their own astral body or planet as previously stated. Meaning they are physical bodies as much as they are incorporeal.

So we can absolutely go to other worlds....if they let us....theoretically, hell there is vague reference to spaceship like instances in the merethic era so anything's possible I guess. Its just a question of if they will let us or not lol

Yeah the ideas are "out there" but possible....the thing about lore is...ESO is shackled by the mainline singleplayer RPG TES, so I am not sure we will get to go to these places ever though technically we've already gone to space by going to oblivion on multiple occasions so. However based on the fact we've visited other planes I highly doubt any kind of space ship style thing would be used. Likely a portal of some kind. I still think however that if it is akatosh themed we will be going through time in some manner just because y'know..dragon god of time.

Can't be more out there than one guy mentioning that he thinks WGT is actually a space ship...dude read too many elder scrolls I think. Should of gone blind years ago.

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for giving us all this cool info! I never knew that about the Oblivion planes; I thought the planes of Oblivion existed on a separate dimension from Nirn, not in the same dimension but out in outer space.

I don't really hope for a spaceship, as I think that would REALLY be out there in a fantasy like setting (at least, if we're thinking about a traditional modern day concept of a space ship). But portals can take us just about anywhere.

And while I am half joking, half serious about the whole "we're going to space", I did just remember that we're getting Celestial crates soon....
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

Oblivion: Essentially....space. With the realms of oblivion dotted around here and there. Technically depending on the prince, the size of that plane can either be like a bit of floating land mass in space (oblivion) such as the shivering isles or it could be a large body like coldharbour. I am not actually sure if they increase or decrease in size and type based on the power of the prince at the time.

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for giving us all this cool info! I never knew that about the Oblivion planes; I thought the planes of Oblivion existed on a separate dimension from Nirn, not in the same dimension but out in outer space.

I don't really hope for a spaceship, as I think that would REALLY be out there in a fantasy like setting (at least, if we're thinking about a traditional modern day concept of a space ship). But portals can take us just about anywhere.

And while I am half joking, half serious about the whole "we're going to space", I did just remember that we're getting Celestial crates soon....

Don't thank me just yet, I am awaiting the lore pitchforks for this one haha

But yes generally speaking, but...they are in a sense their own dimensions they don't exist in the same manner a typical planet in our solar system in the real world does and definitely do not conform to same principles and laws that nirn does and are all connected. I mean they do but they don't its....complicated. Because...yeah. Gods. How this all shakes out in terms of knowledge is.....well. They are all connected in some form otherwise a place like fargrave wouldn't be needed or exist, at least regarding oblivion realms.

I should also note that, daedra are very connected to oblivion to the point where they're the manifestation of it (sort of) so do not think of oblivion as merely "space" as I called it.

Yes I am not a fan of the space ship thing either but if it is to be believed that all living sentient beings Men and Mer are the result of "blood" or "aedric" energy leaking into nirn when lorkhan betrayed the aedra (this is why the elves belief they are the descendants of the Adera), then I suppose in some .. bizzare manner they would of acquired excessive knowledge that would eventually be lost to time with their passing.

Despite all that, again the idea of a space ship in ESO is... yeah. Not that compelling honestly. Unless it was dwarves but then as was pointed out in other comments by someone more learn'd than me; They are numidian and not happy. So that scraps that one.

Yeah celestial crates, come to think of it I am still not sure if we actually go to space in spell scar in craglorn or if its actually part of aetherius...that place is weird.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on November 5, 2021 1:59AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But yes generally speaking, but...they are in a sense their own dimensions they don't exist in the same manner a typical planet in our solar system in the real world does and definitely do not conform to same principles and laws that nirn does and are all connected. I mean they do but they don't its....complicated. Because...yeah. Gods. How this all shakes out in terms of knowledge is.....well. They are all connected in some form otherwise a place like fargrave wouldn't be needed or exist.

I should also note that, daedra are very connected to oblivion to the point where they're the manifestation of it (sort of) so do not think of oblivion as merely "space" as I called it.

So, theoretically, even if someone on Nirn were to build a space ship and go out into the wide open, they would not be able to reach a Daedric plane? You couldn't just accidentally travel to Coldharbour by ship, is what I mean.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But yes generally speaking, but...they are in a sense their own dimensions they don't exist in the same manner a typical planet in our solar system in the real world does and definitely do not conform to same principles and laws that nirn does and are all connected. I mean they do but they don't its....complicated. Because...yeah. Gods. How this all shakes out in terms of knowledge is.....well. They are all connected in some form otherwise a place like fargrave wouldn't be needed or exist.

So, theoretically, even if someone on Nirn were to build a space ship and go out into the wide open, they would not be able to reach a Daedric plane? You couldn't just accidentally travel to Coldharbour by ship, is what I mean.

Not exactly no. Think of Oblivion as almost a secondary layer adjacent. Oblivion was created by the deadric princes and the el'ada or "original spirits" who did not wish to take part in the creation of nirn. They then made their own planes of power within oblivion itself. I do not remember where I read this but there was also something about sithis and oblivion that I need to look into.

The reason I called it space was because well for all intensive purposes it is space. Just not the usual space. Too my knowledge they do not inhabit the same layer of space as the Aedra. So Theoretically and I could be wrong it could be possible to leave nirn in a ship and reach say akatoshs body but not Molag bals. At least not without some sort of fancy magical contraption. I am not exactly sure anyone could land on any of the astral bodies to begin with either.

Its also worth noting that many of the realms that we havent seen or do not know of are mostly uninhabitable for the people of nirn, I think thats because only the princes really see a use for mortals. The rest just do their thing.

Directly from the wiki: Oblivion (also called the Void of Oblivion, the Planes of Oblivion, the Waters of Oblivion, or the Outer Realms), is a collective term used to describe one subset of the planes of existence, inhabited by the Daedra.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on November 5, 2021 2:16AM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akatosh finally explains why time is so messed up that the 582nd year of the 2nd Era is the Worst Year Ever.

Okay, seriously, I'm expecting there to be something with a Dragonbreak. Either stopping it or experiencing one.

Well, considering all that is happening in one year, I'd say we ARE in a dragon break... :p
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what we get, but what I don't hope we get is:

(Princess) in need of help from (insert) apocalyptic threat only you (and the random people around you) can stop with the help of (insert goofie sidekick and overused one liners)

This will be accompanied by 2 public dungeons, 6 delves and 4-6 world bosses.

At this point I feel like I have done that one:)

(Princess) in need of help from (insert) apocalyptic threat only you (and the random people around you) can stop with the help of (insert goofie sidekick and overused one liners)

Oh gods yes. Much agreeings. Very yes.

Unfortunately, every chapter has to sell, and it seems only bombastic world-threatening uber-dooms of apocalypse sells. So I would guess that it is... oh, say, Malacath's turn to try to invade?
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, every chapter has to sell, and it seems only bombastic world-threatening uber-dooms of apocalypse sells. So I would guess that it is... oh, say, Malacath's turn to try to invade?

Series of events;

Unbeknownst to the player some uber doom approaches and the doomer then finds you to tell you that said uber doom approaches. The player then marches on to learn more of this doom and confront it resulting in a long slog of fetch quests, pointless searches, fanfare and a ludicrous amount of flashy lights all the while presenting a doom-god who will doom the world that we then defeat to achieve an uber-win over the apocalypse and the doom god.

Is this accurate?
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Meridia is a strong contender. She has popped up a lot in the expansions and DLC after Summerset (Her temple is Western Skyrim, Gabrielle in Western Skyrim, the side question in Southern Elsweyr) so it could be leading to her being involved in a future expansion or DLC. Plus I know a few people want to get back to her for what happened with Darien Gautier (maybe he could become a companion or house guest exclusive to completing whatever quest line he's tied to?)

It's likely that Aetherius or Akatosh will be involved to some degree, given the datamined pet for the next year long event. Maybe Meridia and Akatosh collide in some way or the pet is unrelated to next years story?

They also mentioned the possibility of companion romance in the future, something along the lines of companion romance in SWTOR. I wonder if they'll bring that in along with new companions, if there are any included with next years story. I know a lot of people really like characters like Naryu, Raz, Fennorian and Darien, so if they use the year long storylines to make these characters companions (and Maybe romances) I think people would be happy, especially if they introduce new characters along side them. I think its time to introduce newer characters rather than bringing back some of the same faces with every new chapter/dlc. Give Stibbons a vacation!

I hope not. It would be nice if Gautier could be dead and stay dead. We have had enough of "oh look, not really dead at all"-thingies along the stories. Some real impact. Besides, known NPCs as houseguests is an awful idea. Just see how well Lyranth fits in yor house now, after the end of the Deadlands storyline.

Spoiler-ish: not at all.

They can't make those NPCs romances or companions, because of the in-game story chaos. It would be odd if you romance Raz in the latest chapter, only for him to not even recognise you when you play the AD-storyline later.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    We already have the clues from the codenames Dune and SYS/HI, someone who's done the quests for Deadlands and Blackwood could chime in with the clue from the end of the story

I have finished the DLC and I think it has given some hints to where we may end up going. If these hints are actually hints it does make a bunch of peoples theories useless and potentially supports a few others.
    Lyranth is the only one to give a hint. When you go to find her after she steals the Ambition's power and ask where she is headed, she says:

When asked why she says:

"To Fulfill a promise made a long, long time ago"

So the question is, where is a place that fits the Dune and SYS/HI codenames that mortal haven't been and Daedra rarely go. Maybe Aetherius? Could a Daedra or some other being be causing issues for the Daedra, and if so, which Daedric Price would want to? Meridia maybe, or perhaps Azura, Hermas Mora or Peryite for the dragon v dragon connection?
    Oh interesting. That seems more in line with Rich Lambert's media interview where he said we're going somewhere noone is expecting.

No mortal has ever ventured might be a clue towards a non-Tamrielic zone.

No Daedra has ventured is interesting, surely it doesn't mean the Daedric planes, there is only one instance in lore IIRC about Daedra in Aetherius (its from Daggerfall though)

I don't think other wild planes like Lyg are going to be covered by ESO.

Maybe an Aedric plane linked to Akatosh?

That seems unlikely though, as ZOS has stated that they will not venture outside of Tamriel at least until they are done with all the areas there.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Series of events;

Unbeknownst to the player some uber doom approaches and the doomer then finds you to tell you that said uber doom approaches. The player then marches on to learn more of this doom and confront it resulting in a long slog of fetch quests, pointless searches, fanfare and a ludicrous amount of flashy lights all the while presenting a doom-god who will doom the world that we then defeat to achieve an uber-win over the apocalypse and the doom god.

Is this accurate?

Pretty much, I guess.

I can kind of understand why though, as much as I am tired of that very concept. Because the alternative would be a more deep, slow and almost by default personal and psychological storyline. And that requires more freedom of choice, with actual consequences. And that is nigh impossible in an MMO, where the end line has to be more or less equal for all players. The very genre makes it difficult to make anything but these, by now, stale Kill Super Evil Mega Boss-questlines. :'(
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Series of events;

Is this accurate?

Nice! A new drinking game! A shot for everytime the word "doom" is said. :D
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly no. Think of Oblivion as almost a secondary layer adjacent. Oblivion was created by the deadric princes and the el'ada or "original spirits" who did not wish to take part in the creation of nirn. They then made their own planes of power within oblivion itself. I do not remember where I read this but there was also something about sithis and oblivion that I need to look into.

The reason I called it space was because well for all intensive purposes it is space. Just not the usual space. Too my knowledge they do not inhabit the same layer of space as the Aedra. So Theoretically and I could be wrong it could be possible to leave nirn in a ship and reach say akatoshs body but not Molag bals. At least not without some sort of fancy magical contraption. I am not exactly sure anyone could land on any of the astral bodies to begin with either.

Its also worth noting that many of the realms that we havent seen or do not know of are mostly uninhabitable for the people of nirn, I think thats because only the princes really see a use for mortals. The rest just do their thing.

Directly from the wiki: Oblivion (also called the Void of Oblivion, the Planes of Oblivion, the Waters of Oblivion, or the Outer Realms), is a collective term used to describe one subset of the planes of existence, inhabited by the Daedra.

Ah thank you. I think that makes sense, even if it is difficult to wrap my head around. Sometimes the lore just takes a turn for the bizarre
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah thank you. I think that makes sense, even if it is difficult to wrap my head around. Sometimes the lore just takes a turn for the bizarre

Think of Oblivion as another dimension. It is a sort of "overlay" of Nirn, without a fixed geography. Which is why it can open portals and even "meld" with parts of Nirn, or "steal" parts of it. The opposite is probably also true, that Nirn could "steal" parts of Oblivion, but that has (to my knowledge) never happened.

Oblivion is perhaps a bit like how Minbari view souls, a "non-localised phenomenon"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJfbSPZ9wu4
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now going to go well beyond the confines of comfort regarding my knowledge of the lore here and I am sure @BroughBreaux will crucify me for this with his vastly well kept knowledge if I am wrong or get it wrong
    I'm not mean.
    Lorkhan. Guess where Sovngarde is. It's not in Aetherius, I'll tell you that. The khajiit very well could stumble upon it if they had enough time to explore.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Lunar_Lorkhan
    Oblivion: Essentially....space (different layer, adjacent). With the realms of oblivion dotted around here and there. Technically depending on the prince, the size of that plane can either be like a bit of floating land mass in space (oblivion) such as the shivering isles or it could be a large body like coldharbour. I am not actually sure if they increase or decrease in size and type based on the power of the prince at the time.
    Minor correction: Planes are infinite. That's why Greater Daedra can't be killed. They are the planes, and you can't destroy infinity.
    Also here's a very basic cosmology diagram I just drew in 5 minutes
    ES_cosmology.png
    I'm pretty sure WGT is just a Tower. However, Adamantine and Hrothgar are definitely spaceships.
    Edited by Vylaera on November 5, 2021 2:12PM
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think of Oblivion as another dimension. It is a sort of "overlay" of Nirn, without a fixed geography. Which is why it can open portals and even "meld" with parts of Nirn, or "steal" parts of it. The opposite is probably also true, that Nirn could "steal" parts of Oblivion, but that has (to my knowledge) never happened.

Oblivion is perhaps a bit like how Minbari view souls, a "non-localised phenomenon"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJfbSPZ9wu4

Have another diagram, this time a map of the Gray Maybe
    Edit: Misspelled the Limen, jut one "m", not two. Also, here's a lorebook on it. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Liminal_Bridges /edit
    Gray_maybe.png
    Oblivion is just a territory or area in the Void. Both Nirn and the Deadlands, to use an example, inhabit the same dimension. The only thing separating them is the Limmen, which was created by Akatosh when the Alessian Covenant was created. During the time of ESO and TES IV, the Limmen was broken, and the forces of oblivion could enter unfettered. The limmen is the reason it's so difficult to summon daedra on Nirn, because it has to be loopholed in order for a portal to open.
    Edited by Vylaera on November 5, 2021 4:05AM
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can get through the Limen, and had enough time to actually travel there, yes, theoretically, you could. But we're dealing with infinite spaces inside of infinite spaces, so actually being able to travel there in a mortal lifetime likely isn't possible. This is why portals are used and why the Battlespire was in slipstream, which for all intents and purposes, is like a mini-realm of oblivion on a different layer which is used to travel great distances in shorter periods of time. Also great for hiding Battlemage training platforms. Also not great for hiding Battlemage training platforms because Dagon found it and invaded there in the Third Era.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am going to predict that we are going back to Morrowind, no not that island we got a few years ago... actual Morrowind. Maybe area north of Necrom or we could explore Blacklight area combined with Solstheim.

I only base this off of the fact that apparently the TES game Morrowind was based on Dune (along with other things). The fact that Rich said it would be an area we wouldn't expect has me thinking two things: 1. when that's said everyone starts thinking of these out-of-bounds theories/areas and usually never think of the obvious spot. 2. I am completely wrong and the next chapter will be different.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    We will have to save the whole world, once again and once again alone. Everyone will tell you that the enemy can not be defeated but in the end we will learn the he is just a talking crash test dummy.

If a world manages it to almost get destroyer every year and relies on a single person to save it, then maybe a hard reset is not the worst thing.

Would be nice to have a Rorschach moment "the whole world screams "save us" and I whisper "no""

Edit
    Why does it have to be bigger? A story around an intrigue between some kingdoms without a world ending threat would also be nice.
    Edited by Gleitfrosch on November 5, 2021 11:35AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHAT IF...the next year long adventure is actually starfield?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More bugs & even less listening to bug reports

seems to be the overall par for the course!

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SPACE ELF'S!!!!!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

SPACE ELF'S!!!!!!

Had a different picture in my mind.
    More like "pigs in space" from the Muppet show and miss Piggy as Lyranth.

Guess my mind is strange.