The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

2022 story/dlc predictions

• The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Akatosh finally explains why time is so messed up that the 582nd year of the 2nd Era is the Worst Year Ever.

Okay, seriously, I'm expecting there to be something with a Dragonbreak. Either stopping it or experiencing one.

Well, considering all that is happening in one year, I'd say we ARE in a dragon break... :p

Oh good god I forgot about dragon breaks and the theory we're in one.

They make my head spin. I need a strong drink if I am going to think about dragon breaks lol

Pretty sure it was already confirmed that ESO timeline does not take place in a dragon break. It was mentioned on an old reveal stream, I think Elsweyr.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Well, considering the state of retconning....

Don't hold your breath.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing theories that say the main Storyline characters give a hint to what comes next, but the only stories that carried over into the next year's storyline was from Wrothgar to Summerset. After that, all subsequent years were generally separate storylines that didn't relate to previous year plots.
    So I cannot expect any main character from this year to give any hint as to what comes next year unless Zos (unfortunately) decides to change that. Most of the time it is a side quest and a minor character that gives a hint.

They only thing that we noticed was the quest to find a Uxark's treasure. Nass is the quest NPC.
    All I can say is Sheo is associated with butterflies. :)
    Edited by The3sFinest on November 18, 2021 3:47AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing theories that say the main Storyline characters give a hint to what comes next, but the only stories that carried over into the next year's storyline was from Wrothgar to Summerset. After that, all subsequent years were generally separate storylines that didn't relate to previous year plots.
    So I cannot expect any main character from this year to give any hint as to what comes next year unless Zos (unfortunately) decides to change that. Most of the time it is a side quest and a minor character that gives a hint.

They only thing that we noticed was the quest to find a Uxark's treasure. Nass is the quest NPC.
    All I can say is Sheo is associated with butterflies. :)
    It's not that I dislike Sheo, but we've already had Sheo feature in quite a lot in ESO and in previous games. I would prefer a Daedric Prince we don't know all that much about who has never played a large role before, like Beothiah or Namira. Or Sanguine. (Although I don't think Sanguine is the type to take over the world, I'm sure we can find some excuse for him to be a big role. Just have it be the year of the alcohol party, lol.)

Heck, it would be nice to fight Malacath even. See what he has to say about the plotline from Orsinium. Maybe venture into Vaermina's nightmare realm and get horrifically lost.

But you do have a point. And given the large amounts of Dark Seducers and Golden Saints in Fargrave, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a trip to the Shivering Isles.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 more Companions, now you can have 2 active at the same time! Hear them ALL THE TIME!!

I just want a companion that enjoys stealing and stabbing things and gains rapport from it. 😂
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    It's not that I dislike Sheo, but we've already had Sheo feature in quite a lot in ESO and in previous games. I would prefer a Daedric Prince we don't know all that much about who has never played a large role before, like Beothiah or Namira. Or Sanguine. (Although I don't think Sanguine is the type to take over the world, I'm sure we can find some excuse for him to be a big role. Just have it be the year of the alcohol party, lol.)

Heck, it would be nice to fight Malacath even. See what he has to say about the plotline from Orsinium. Maybe venture into Vaermina's nightmare realm and get horrifically lost.

But you do have a point. And given the large amounts of Dark Seducers and Golden Saints in Fargrave, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a trip to the Shivering Isles.
    They have already introduced into the Lore that there is more to Oblivion than the Lore currently mentions, and among that is the revelation that there are other powerful Daedra, ones that we do not apply the name "Prince" to, that control planes that are not mentioned in the TES games. They don't need to use a known Daedric Prince. They can make their own and build all the lore from scratch without having to bow to something in some book or line of dialog from one of the other Elder Scrolls games.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the end of the Gates of Oblivion epilogue (Hope Springs Eternal):
    Otumi-Ra says:

"How could the deeds of Otumi-Ra become any more legendary? My name is already known across all of Tamriel! What next, the moons? I receive my own stars? Actually ... Hmm ... No. Just watching your great success pleases me enough."

I doubt it is any real hint though since we briefly visited the plane of Jode already, and it's unlikely they would make more Khajiiti content so soon.

However it may be a hint at the Celestials or Aetherius (the various planes of the afterlife). I don't know why people think that Soul-Fire dragon illusion pet is a reference to Akatosh when there's a hundred reskins of that thing; I mean, it literally has "Soul-Fire" in the name not some reference to timey-wimey stuff. There's also Celestial-themed crown crate stuff coming.

Reflecting on Lyranth's last dialogues, Aetherius would be the one place that no Daedra has ever dared to go as far as I remember. Maybe Lyranth has a promise to keep with a mortal who has long passed into Aetherius. Considering her own oddities compared to other Daedra, I would not be surprised at all if she was either a Demiprince or was once a mortal herself, maybe from the first Era or something.

But then again it may all just be Red Herrings to keep people distracted from what they really have planned.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A powerful big bad being appears and threatens all life on Tamriel and maybe even beyond!
    The Vestige ask and repeat dumb and obvious questions.
    A major character makes a return along with the handful of common returning minor ones.
    And some previous appearing Daedra does more shenanigans.

Next, on Elder Scrolls Online!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We 1 shot Akatosh at the end of the Q4 DLC

If people for sure wouldn't complain about it so much, I really wish the "big bad" of each year's story was a damn Trials boss as it should be.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict more "stupid portals, as someone in zone chat said yesterday". I also predict more DLC's with barely any quests like this last one, just more achievements sigh.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also predict more DLC's with barely any quests like this last one, just more achievements sigh.

I am becoming less interested in *where* we are going than I am in what we will find when we get there.

I am expecting stories that are basically plays performed by the voice actors they hired. This is how they do things, and they are never going to change. I do hope that they stop this thing where we have to check in with the quest's lead voice actor every at every step, though.

I am also starting to expect that zones will sound better than they are. I get the impression that there are people in ZOS that think that Blackwood and Deadlands are their best work, and while they can be viewed as good, these do not represent their best work. Deadlands really sounded like a dangerous place, but I think Elsweyr and Murkmire are actually more dangerous.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    At the end of the Gates of Oblivion epilogue (Hope Springs Eternal):
    Otumi-Ra says:

"How could the deeds of Otumi-Ra become any more legendary? My name is already known across all of Tamriel! What next, the moons? I receive my own stars? Actually ... Hmm ... No. Just watching your great success pleases me enough."

I doubt it is any real hint though since we briefly visited the plane of Jode already, and it's unlikely they would make more Khajiiti content so soon.

However it may be a hint at the Celestials or Aetherius (the various planes of the afterlife). I don't know why people think that Soul-Fire dragon illusion pet is a reference to Akatosh when there's a hundred reskins of that thing; I mean, it literally has "Soul-Fire" in the name not some reference to timey-wimey stuff. There's also Celestial-themed crown crate stuff coming.

Reflecting on Lyranth's last dialogues, Aetherius would be the one place that no Daedra has ever dared to go as far as I remember. Maybe Lyranth has a promise to keep with a mortal who has long passed into Aetherius. Considering her own oddities compared to other Daedra, I would not be surprised at all if she was either a Demiprince or was once a mortal herself, maybe from the first Era or something.

But then again it may all just be Red Herrings to keep people distracted from what they really have planned.
    If I remember correctly from when the dragon pet was in the PTS, the individual components in order to make the pet specifically mentioned they were ritual items used in Akatosh worship in their tooltips. That's where the Akatosh connection comes from. Also I think Akatosh resides over the realm of Aetherius, so if we're really going there, then he'd be there too.
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on November 18, 2021 7:49PM