Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weighted RNG not working....

• s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, got duplicate weapon despite needing other weapons. Didn't check whether it could be weapon types, though. I guess that's a possibility on top of what you wrote.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would clarify exactly how loot pools and curation are supposed to work so we can see if that expected behaviour is reflected in what we're actually getting. I still need 5 Jailbreaker, 5 Tormentor, and 4 Sanctuary weapons, so why is the High Kinlord still dropping (generic, not named) weapons I have already?
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the same happen in Arx.

I did a quick run, I am only missing 4 weapons from that dungeon (the wretched inferno staff dropped when I had almost completed the stickerbook, because RNG, lightning never did) so I thought, hey, let's just have a full stickerbook.

Last boss dropped a Lamia Ice Staff I had already collected.

None of the other members had an item I hadn't collected drop.

Then it happened again in BDV. I have six weapons missing, I got a weapon I had already collected from the final boss. No uncollected weapons on any of my team mates.

And once more in Unhallowed Grave, missing quite a few weapons there plus the Aegis Caller ring - which is what I was after. I got jewellery I had already collected instead.

Fortunately in the latter case we decided to do a second run but with the optional bosses - because they are kinda fun - and in one of the chests in the last optional boss' room the wretched ring 'dropped' for a team mate and he didn't need it so... yay!

• Luvtantius_Micocia
    Luvtantius_Micocia
    ✭✭✭
    I am missing about 40% of all the gear that drops in Fang Lair, did a run and got all the gear I already had, nothing new. :D

Now, at first I thought it was a fluke, as 1 run might be bugged, 2 runs that do not drop anything new would be a coincidence but more than 3 runs means the "weighted RNG" is simply not working. :|

I like eating sweetrolls and crushing skulls, and I am all out of sweetrolls.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got my Netch's Touch Lightning Staff I have been trying to get for four years. I cannot get my Ebon Shield. I have the entire Ebon Set except for all the weapons and Shield. The weapons will not drop at all. I just keep getting Truth armor which I already have.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just got a duplicate in Maelstrom Arena as well from one of the reward-chests, even though I still needed a piece of that set. Even in solo content not everything works correctly all the time apparently.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just bugging out in groups, even if you're solo and someone else loots the boss before you (in the overland etc.) it will bug the system out giving you dupes.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that most of the gear can only be found in the loot table of the last boss. All weapons and jewelry (except when a boss has a named drop). This means after a few runs (<10) all armor will drop from the lesser bosses, after that only the last boss will have anything useful.

This also means that you may get your 27th heavy boots from the first boss, but the last boss should still drop uncollected items until the dungeons collection book is complete. Which means you may need to have 45 runs to complete a dungeon. This could be cut down by trading loot with people who already have a complete collection or by treasure chest, since those can drop anything RANDOMLY (not curated!).

The current problem is that sometimes, especially when only a few things are missing, it may happen that the last boss drops something that is already collected. Hopefully this gets fixed very soon.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Next patch is tomorrow, hopefully they'll have at least some of the bugs fixed by then, especially with the undaunted celebration coming up.
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add my experiences to the pile: it seems, for me, overland is working as intended but dungeons are not. I’ve collected every war maiden piece save for the daggers and every world boss I kill drops daggers now. every single one. I did the same for gryphon daggers in sunhold to verify, same results.. I’ve tested it on 25~ kills so far for the war maiden dagger.

Conversely, I’ve run Arx corinium and city of ash both (solo and grouped) on normal and vet about 15 times each. On the last 3 Arx runs, I got all the same gear (unnamed, non uniques) I already had. Mind you im still missing many pieces from that dungeon, not just the Medusa inferno. And in atleast 3 back to back runs or arx I got no new loot I hadn’t already gotten.

Make of that what you will.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    From the patch notes of today's patch:

Bosses that drop specially named set items now drop those as a bonus drop alongside their curated set items, rather than in place of them.

Fixed an issue where item curation would occasionally grab a group member's Item Set Collections progress instead of the looting player's progress.

That should fix most problems. I don't think it will fix all the problems I had, but we'll see. Either way should be a lot better after the update.
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it fixes some problems, but on most of the runs I noted I was solo, so I wasn’t getting someone else’s collection data for sure. I also wasn’t getting named set items most of the time, it was non uniques I had already collected.

But here’s hoping it works better now. 🤷‍♂️
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yea still broken for me. I need one last weapon from Banished Cells, but still got a dupe. :/
    Got the named weapon in addition, so that's working at least, but still getting dupes. Was the first character looting as well, so that's not the problem. And yes, it was the last boss.
    Edited by s_ch_kb16_ESO on November 15, 2021 6:19PM
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if this is fixed?
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some things seem fixed, but definitely not everything.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea still broken for me. I need one last weapon from Banished Cells, but still got a dupe. :/
    Got the named weapon in addition, so that's working at least, but still getting dupes. Was the first character looting as well, so that's not the problem. And yes, it was the last boss.

The same for me. Did nBC for my rando... out of 7 weapons it could've given me it gave me a 'named' weapon, that I already had.
  • Sindarin
    Sindarin
    ✭✭✭
    not fixed with named items.
    I just droped named staff from WB in Shadowfen, got it again and as in patch note said, got bonus item but still it was already collected. so, instead of named item ive got named and collected already what it doesnt make any difference
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindarin wrote: »
    not fixed with named items.
    I just droped named staff from WB in Shadowfen, got it again and as in patch note said, got bonus item but still it was already collected. so, instead of named item ive got named and collected already what it doesnt make any difference

Yes but I got a 'named' weapon I already had and only that.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to just be a named item problem.

Because I did a bunch of vMA runs looking for a perfected inferno the other day, got my inferno after 3-4 runs. Also did vateshraan and picked up a battle axe.

So I'd say, curated generally is just working just fine. Just sounds like a common data error or typo. It happens. It'll probably be fixed.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, just ran fungal grotto, on the last boss, I got a Dreug bow (which I had before, and another party member did not - so I gave it to them) and previous boss I'd already gotten a Dreug lightning staff which I did not have. So that was nice.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosses that drop specially named set items now drop those as a bonus drop alongside their curated set items, rather than in place of them.

Named items are still breaking curation. If you get a named item, you now get a generic piece of set gear in addition. Good. That piece of non-named gear is random, though, not curated. Bad.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on November 16, 2021 1:49PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my 45 or so runs of FrostVault, I got 3 duplicates. Annoying, but certainly not the end of the world. Way better than it was, that is for sure.

I realize they said they were investigating, but I never assumed it was a guarantee. It's actually better than I expected it to be.

"Bosses and reward chests from arenas and incursions will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections!"

Preferentially is a long way from guaranteed if we are arguing semantics in the patch notes, but what do I know
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my 45 or so runs of FrostVault, I got 3 duplicates. Annoying, but certainly not the end of the world. Way better than it was, that is for sure.

I realize they said they were investigating, but I never assumed it was a guarantee. It's actually better than I expected it to be.

"Bosses and reward chests from arenas and incursions will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections!"

Preferentially is a long way from guaranteed if we are arguing semantics in the patch notes, but what do I know

There were other comments made by the devs where they clarified it would be guaranteed, the bug was however confirmed by Rich and fixed yesterday supposedly. Unique named items were on a separate loot table so it gave duplicates, and the loot on any boss was working of what was missing from the sticker book from the first person to loot the boss in any given group. So unless they were missing what you were missing too, then you could/would get duplicates.
    Edited by paulsimonps on November 16, 2021 12:32PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am expecting that uncertainty about how the system works, particularly around the concepts of "chance" and "guaranteed", will result in people saying it does not work for months to come, even if it is. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA on a series X

Solo in Bahara’s Gloom (Hew’s Bane) I killed the delve boss 12 times, never looted anything I need. And there are 3 items that could drop from that boss that I need in my sticker book- 2 feet and a waist. It is not working in that delve.

Also as I closed out the last few items I needed in the rift, 3 bosses in a row dropped nothing. No gold, no items. I soloed them and I waited 5 minutes in between killing them to make sure I would get a drop. Logged out & when I logged back in it returned to normal.
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    PC N/A

Ran CoA1 as an RND yesterday. End boss dropped an Embershield Ring. I have all jewelry from all the sets from CoA. I am missing multiple weapons from all sets from CoA. So doesn't appear to be working 100% of the time for me.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tabatha wrote: »
    Xbox NA on a series X

Solo in Bahara’s Gloom (Hew’s Bane) I killed the delve boss 12 times, never looted anything I need. And there are 3 items that could drop from that boss that I need in my sticker book- 2 feet and a waist. It is not working in that delve.

Also as I closed out the last few items I needed in the rift, 3 bosses in a row dropped nothing. No gold, no items. I soloed them and I waited 5 minutes in between killing them to make sure I would get a drop. Logged out & when I logged back in it returned to normal.

Hews bane is a bit of a weird case. Both sets that drop in the zone will only drop in one weight (light for Bahrahas curse, medium for syvarras scales) from every source except perfect heist coffers and TG quest reward coffers. So the feet and waist you are missing may also not be in the drop table of that boss at all.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Again got a duplicate despite still needing 2 weapons. I got a necklace I already had instead. It was again along a named item, so that seems to be indeed the cuprit. The items you get in addition to those are not curated, but random.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that the item drops that happen in the same drop as a uniquely named item are still not curating from the sticker book correctly. Happened to me a couple times today in both Crypt of Hearts I and Vaults of Madness. Every time I got a dup item while having unfinished set items in the loot table, it was alongside a named item drop.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still having problems with named drops.