Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Neverending story - fancy houses are missing furniture slots

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand the difference between the two camps here where some can feel like a notable house is filled without hitting the 700 slot limit and those who don’t.

You know what item I think clued me on on this? The Leyawiin trousers. You know, the ones that are rumpled and piled on the floor?

Some people love it, those are the ones who need more slots.

Me, I would never leave clothes piled on the floor in real life and don’t do that in my eso houses. Everything is put away.

So I guess if you are a highly organized person you can work within the limits but if that is not a lived-in look for you then you need more.

No judgment here, just an observation.

That is a very accurate observation, at least for me. I am very organized in real life, minimalistic and can't stand clutter. In my mind open space around my furnishings is part of the decor. So I consider a room "filled in" if it contains all the items I need for that room.

I've tried to make my ESO houses look more "lived in" but have a very hard time accomplishing that because it's not in my nature.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 30, 2021 4:03AM
    PCNA
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly I find this entire thread bizarre.

I have been collecting homes on both PC NA and PC EU for years and have well over 30 between small and enormous. I have never once even considered criticizing how anyone chooses to decorate their space. Presuming to tell someone that their home must be boring if they don't reach the item count is not only ridiculous, it's just plain rude.

I have seen amazing player creations in this game in very tiny spaces just as in large ones. All of them are unique in different ways and that is what makes player housing a fun part of this game.

I have posted in the past as well about the item count being too low on large scale properties --- for me, I like detail and often run into a cap well before I ever finish my vision. I compromise then and work back from it, until I get things how I like.

If they increase our cap, I have categorically no doubt I will hit it again. But as is, the houses I have work wonderfully, I don't section off anything, and have always had lots of compliments from enough visitors to know that I don't really NEED to add more things, though I would LIKE to. The gap between like and need is obviously not up to ZoS to fill, but my own imagination. After Sweetwater Cascades came out, I decided to hold off on buying any more because the item count remains in place; yet after attempting to deal with it on PTS and liking the results, I actually did get it. Happy to invite anyone to have a look. Currently working on Ossa Accentium on PTS.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand the difference between the two camps here where some can feel like a notable house is filled without hitting the 700 slot limit and those who don’t.

You know what item I think clued me on on this? The Leyawiin trousers. You know, the ones that are rumpled and piled on the floor?

Me, I would never leave clothes piled on the floor in real life and don’t do that in my eso houses. Everything is put away.

So I guess if you are a highly organized person you can work within the limits but if that is not a lived-in look for you then you need more.

I love those pants and the socks and I'm not one of those who need more slots. Would I like more slots? Of course, but I don't need them.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on how you design your player home, a tidy person who uses base game density as inspiration for their item placement can easily fill a home with these amount of slots, you just need to be smart, stop putting so many small items on tables and bookshelves, if you want a bookshelf to look cluttered then buy the cluttered version of that furniture item, use big statues and lots of large items that take up space.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've never seen the trousers and am highly organized. One of the reasons I hit the limits is I like my stuff to look like what it is suppose to be. A fully set table, a well laid out and stocked kitchen, filled bookshelves, realistic looking workshops, etc.

The coal box I built for my Blacksmithing station took 10 Harvester Ore to have depth and look like a box of coal. All together it takes 30 slots for the full blacksmithing area. My other crafting stations have tables and shelves with their materials and tools of the trade as you would expect in a real workshop. Each one takes anywhere from 10 to 25 slots so I am already pushing 100 slots for the workshop alone. One of my entry halls has display cases with many displaying two or three items reflecting what I have picked up on my travels. The work areas of my kitchens will have baskets of mixed produce such as a couple of bundles of carrots and 3 or 5 lettuce to look like they were just picked from the garden. I have stacked plates for a serving line. All of these add to the item count quickly and to me are what is needed to make a dwelling look complete.

I will say that when ZOS started providing filled bookshelves it help considerably. Having some foods that are in bunches or on prepared serving trays also helps but there are far fewer of these than the single food items. If I had access to more items that are bunched or where I could link multiple items into an object that takes a single slot it would reduce the item count. Realistically I don't ever expect to see the player have the ability to dynamically create objects. Likewise getting things like the full bookshelves took a lot of time and ZOS does not appear to be moving any faster on adding more filled/bunched furnishings. Given this I think adding slots would be easier for ZOS to implement and would fulfill many player needs.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on October 30, 2021 4:19AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Given this I think adding slots would be easier for ZOS to implement and would fulfill many player needs.

They have already indicated it's a pretty severe technical hurdle. I would definitely love more item slots too, obviously. But so far we have a pretty solid "not gonna happen," and they rarely every flat-out say no like this.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is a very accurate observation, at least for me. I am very organized in real life, minimalistic and can't stand clutter. In my mind open space around my furnishings is part of the decor. So I consider a room "filled in" if it contains all the items I need for that room.

I've tried to make my ESO houses look more "lived in" but have a very hard time accomplishing that because it's not in my nature.

Yes, this is what I am saying.

My character isn’t going to be messy because I can’t stand dirty laundry laying on the floor myself.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character isn’t going to be messy because I can’t stand dirty laundry laying on the floor myself.

I completely agree.

I know those items were an attempt to make our houses look more lived in, but lived in isn't synomynous with messy. Dirty pants and socks on the floor are just messy.

Lived in is a robe draped over the back of a chair or across the foot of the bed. A backpack and a cloak hanging on a hook by the door. A pile of yarn with knitting needles in a basket on the floor next to a comfy chair. A pipe and tobacco on the coffee table. If we had more items like this I would use a lot more of my slots.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree.

I know those items were an attempt to make our houses look more lived in, but lived in isn't synomynous with messy. Dirty pants and socks on the floor are just messy.

Lived in is a robe draped over the back of a chair or across the foot of the bed. A backpack and a cloak hanging on a hook by the door. A pile of yarn with knitting needles in a basket on the floor next to a comfy chair. A pipe and tobacco on the coffee table. If we had more items like this I would use a lot more of my slots.

Well you could put the socks or the pants on top of something like the neat fabric stacks near a laundry basket. This is what I did with them.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why everyone complained so much about the house slots until I decided to give it a go for real with my Sweetwater Cascades, the first house I ever bought.

First and foremost, lighting. It's a beautiful house but it's tremendously dark and I refuse to be limited to Culanda/Varla Stones or some other ugly and very unnatural looking sources of illumination.

Sure, what I did in my house — well, what's going to be done as I still need to adjust alignments — might not be much orthodoxal and yet, I probably didn't fill 1/3 of it, visually speaking. And I play with a 10 years old potato PC (i5 3.4, GTX 660 and 8 GB) and I have zero lag (of course, on reduced settings).

Why not sell house slots in Crown Store if it's such a hassle to increase them then? Add a note to the item saying that increasing the number of furnishing items in a house is directly related to game performance while visiting them and that will pretty much exempt you from responsibilities.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not sell house slots in Crown Store if it's such a hassle to increase them then? Add a note to the item saying that increasing the number of furnishing items in a house is directly related to game performance while visiting them and that will pretty much exempt you from responsibilities.

It would probably affect game performance in general, not just inside houses. The settings affect both the house and the world which I discovered when I toggled grass off in my house and it toggled it off everywhere. This makes me think the two are somewhat interconnected.
    PCNA
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seemed to get missed but the guy who was boasting about how he could totes fill the 700-limit houses was filling the smallest 700-limit houses in the game.

It's not that hard to furnish Hall of the Lunar Champion or Antiquarians Gallery. Hell, Antiquarians Gallery is what, two rooms? They're some of the only 700-slot houses in the game that are basically logically sized for the limit.

If he tried to fill Pantherfang or the Ayleid Ruins, he wouldn't have the same attitude, because it would be absurd. It just can't be done.

I feel like the most recent houses are starting to indicate that there's potentially some awareness inside ZOS that selling houses that are undecoratable with the furnishing limits they have is very aggravating to players spending a bunch of real-world money on them. Sweetwater Cascades seems to be quite manageable - I could always use more clutter, but I can essentially decorate the house and do what I want to in the surrounds in the limit without having to ignore entire areas. The new PTS houses (the Deadlands one and the Fargrave one) seem similar from what I've seen on YouTube.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seemed to get missed but the guy who was boasting about how he could totes fill the 700-limit houses was filling the smallest 700-limit houses in the game.

It wasn't boasting. A person made the claim multiple times that it was impossible to fill ANY 700 item limit homes after SilverBride said her own home personally was furnished well enough to her own tastes, and others disagreed. I do think something like the Ayleid home would be harder to fill but that wasn't the claim. The claim was that no manors could be filled to someone's heart content, and that is what was diagreed with. There were examples cited (like the person making the claim requested) to make discussion easier and friendlier.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 30, 2021 10:05PM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

It wasn't boasting. A person made the claim multiple times that it was impossible to fill ANY 700 item limit homes after SilverBride said her own home personally was furnished well enough to her own tastes, and others disagreed. I do think something like the Ayleid home would be harder to fill but that wasn't the claim. The claim was that no manors could be filled to someone's heart content, and that is what was diagreed with. There were examples cited (like the person making the claim requested) to make discussion easier and friendlier.

That's just not fair. That person being me, and I was the first to bring a lot of examples to the table as far as my standards were concerned. Those standards were deemed extreme by some, but that's how it works for all matters involving taste. Please don't make me quote my own unedited posts for the third or fourth time, they're right here in the thread for all to read.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I said was that my houses are all filled in with no rooms or areas blocked off and I still have not come close to using all the available slots. I even showed a couple of these homes to some posters from this thread, and would gladly show more if anyone is curious.

As far as the size of these 700 slot homes, Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery (my mistake, this home has 600 slots) has several rooms and has a large outdoor area. Hall of the Lunar Champion also has a large room, a large outdoor area, the room you enter and the area with the small house. Serenity Falls Estate has a house, a barn and a large outdoor area.

I've also decorated Proudspire Manor and Alinor Crest Townhouse, both of which are 600 slots, plus Ravenhurst, Sleek Creek House and 4 apartments, the apartments being the only ones I maxed because they only have 30 slots each.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 31, 2021 1:56AM
    PCNA
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how ESO+ use all their slots. I've decorated several houses from the smallest apartments to notable homes and the apartments are the only ones I've used all the slots in. I have 100+ slots unused in most of my homes and they look pretty filled in.

If looking "filled in" is your goal and in your opinion you achieved it, congratulations.

That however is a pretty subjective judgement. I think what satisfies you would probably seem bare bones and boring to most housing enthusiasts if you're leaving 100+ slots unused in the bigger homes.

I have a Hunding's I'm very happy with and while I was able to decorate nearly every area of the property in varying degrees I'd need at least another 400 slots beyond the 600 to fully realize what I can envision for it.

I'm inclined to agree with this. My Lakemire Xanmeer is complete for now, but that's only because I ran out of slots, and the whole right side the the xanmeer is basically empty.

I'd say at 600 slots my interior is about 90% of what I'd like to have. Mostly would like to add more items in my kitchen to make it look well stocked. And I'd like to add more to the small area under the stairs where I keep my storage chests to make it look like a proper treasure vault. And my bar area could use more than 1 keg, 2 bottles of liqueur, and three glasses.

Outside looks very nice but I concentrated on the areas close to the house and covered almost all the crappy looking sandy areas full of wild grass and weeds in hedged flower gardens which cost hundreds of slots and have basically nothing on the beach or in the water.

I turned the top of the usable tower into a cool observatory but didn't have spots to put anything on the bottom floor.

And I have no spaces left for any crafting stations or target dummies. So I have to keep those at another house. Which means I have to choose between showing off my well decorated house or sharing my usable resources. There really isn't any area I've decorated so densely that I wouldn't miss taking something away to fit them in.

And that's all before I even attempt to touch the absolutely bares bones roof area to build the elaborate rooftop garden I'd like to have.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on October 31, 2021 12:14AM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I said was that my houses are all filled in with no rooms or areas blocked off and I still have not come close to using all the available slots. I even showed a couple of these homes to some posters from this thread, and would gladly show more if anyone is curious.

As far as the size of these 700 slot homes, Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery has several rooms and has a large outdoor area. Hall of the Lunar Champion also has a large room, a large outdoor area, the room you enter and the area with the small house. Serenity Falls Estate has a house, a barn and a large outdoor area.

I've also decorated Proudspire Manor and Alinor Crest Townhouse, both of which are 600 slots, plus Ravenhurst and 4 apartments, the apartments being the only ones I maxed because they only have 30 slots each.

Speaking of the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery, I feel like it should be a 700 slotter, not a 600. It's bigger than most 600 slotters and having an open-air area means it's more difficult to compartmentalise. It surely is bigger than Water's Edge to get back at one my previous examples - and Frostvault Chasm is a 400 slotter, so I strongly feel that limits would need readjusting.
    Sorry for not getting back to you today by the way, the outage and event's end sent me into a frenzy to finish leveling a char and getting as many plunder skulls as possible before the big patch maintenance, will definitely visit the others once I get a breather. :)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »

As far as the size of these 700 slot homes, Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery has several rooms and has a large outdoor area. Hall of the Lunar Champion also has a large room, a large outdoor area, the room you enter and the area with the small house. Serenity Falls Estate has a house, a barn and a large outdoor area.

I've also decorated Proudspire Manor and Alinor Crest Townhouse, both of which are 600 slots, plus Ravenhurst and 4 apartments, the apartments being the only ones I maxed because they only have 30 slots each.

Speaking of the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery, I feel like it should be a 700 slotter, not a 600. It's bigger than most 600 slotters and having an open-air area means it's more difficult to compartmentalise. It surely is bigger than Water's Edge to get back at one my previous examples - and Frostvault Chasm is a 400 slotter, so I strongly feel that limits would need readjusting.
    Sorry for not getting back to you today by the way, the outage and event's end sent me into a frenzy to finish leveling a char and getting as many plunder skulls as possible before the big patch maintenance, will definitely visit the others once I get a breather. :)

Oh I mistakenly thought the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery was a 700 slot house. It felt like one. (I am going to correct that in my post.)

Anyway, I will be glad to show you around any time I am on and you are available.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just not fair. That person being me, and I was the first to bring a lot of examples to the table as far as my standards were concerned. Those standards were deemed extreme by some, but that's how it works for all matters involving taste. Please don't make me quote my own unedited posts for the third or fourth time, they're right here in the thread for all to read.

I do think it's fair. Did you not challenge her to a crown wager where she could decorate ANY manor, and set some guidelines for what you considered to be filled in?

As far as I saw the comments went

Silverbride: I don't see how people could use that need that many slots/wouldn't personally use them
    You: I bet that you cannot fill in ANY manor (set some guidelines as to what you consider filled in ) home, because it would be mathematically impossible.

And then discussion ensued from there about your standards, the various definitions of filled in, with yourself and others providing examples of what they considered filled in. As I said, nobody was boasting. It's just that your post about any manor is what spurred the discussion.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 31, 2021 12:29AM
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget that some properties just start out looking nicer/more complete to begin with, especially outside, so they're naturally going to take less slots to look satisfactory.
    The Alpine Gallery exterior for example already looks great and would certainly take less than 100 more slots before I was happy with it. Conversely the outside of my Hundings started out as dilapidated sandy weed patches littered with half dead palm trees, as if it had been long abandoned.
    But it's the retirement property for Concustodio Vexillatio, my fabulously wealthy Grand Overlord and Former Emperor Imperial Templar, so it needed to look lavish and cultured. As I said in my earlier post it took me hundreds of slots to hide the mess with hedges, trees, flowers and statues so that his exquisite tastes were satisfied.

@SilverBride just wanted to make sure when I said housing enthusiasts would find your houses "boring" I didn't mean it as a personal attack. My own house that is filled to the limit would probably seem boring to most of the people in hardcore housing guilds because I used nearly the whole property and decorated it as a true living space; they seem to focus on using all the slots to create densely decorated custom built areas while hiding most of the properties.
    To do a full Manor house in that, erm, manner would take 10K slots.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on October 31, 2021 1:10AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride just wanted to make sure when I said housing enthusiasts would find your houses "boring" I didn't mean it as a personal attack. My own house that is filled to the limit would probably seem boring to most of the people in hardcore housing guilds because I used nearly the whole property and decorated it as a true living space; they seem to focus on using all the slots to create densely decorated custom built areas while hiding most of the properties.

I'm a housing enthusiast, too.

I personally don't see the appeal of blocking off buildings and rooms to pack a whole lot of items into a small space. If a player chooses to decorate that way then yes, they will run out of slots.

My personal homes for each of my 3 characters are decorated somewhat traditionally, but that does not equate with boring. I also have Sleek Creek House as their hideaway because of its easy access to the Outlaw Refuge, a Museum with a Tea Garden, a Mountain Guest Lodge, an Orc Tavern, a Massage Parlor, a Bath House, a Florist Shop and a Fortune Teller shop.

I love my houses and all but the apartments still have a lot of unused slots, which is great because I have room to add interesting items as I find them.
    PCNA
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better players than us have looked at this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/420541/explaining-the-house-slot-problem-and-why-it-is-difficult-to-solve/p1

That post is probably the best reasoning as to why furnishing slots not being increased isn’t a ZOS scam.

The calculations are literally too much.
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm a housing enthusiast, too.

I personally don't see the appeal of blocking off buildings and rooms to pack a whole lot of items into a small space. If a player chooses to decorate that way then yes, they will run out of slots.

My personal homes for each of my 3 characters are decorated somewhat traditionally, but that does not equate with boring. I also have Sleek Creek House as their hideaway because of its easy access to the Outlaw Refuge, a Museum with a Tea Garden, a Mountain Guest Lodge, an Orc Tavern, a Massage Parlor, a Bath House, a Florist Shop and a Fortune Teller shop.

I love my houses and all but the apartments still have a lot of unused slots, which is great because I have room to add interesting items as I find them.

[snip]

The whole point of this thread was about ZOS selling huge houses and open blocks that can't in any way be furnished within the limits they set. Nowhere in that post whatsoever did that person state "you totally can't decorate any house in the game (and your little house in particular in particular) with what you've got!" [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 10:18AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I've seen some nice Pantherfang Chapels. Again, it just depends on the concepts.

I'd like to see more furnishing limits (though I think it's impossible now) and don't think you can do a high density look in those places, but there are some pretty nice designs out there that are low density.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 10:19AM
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I've seen some nice Pantherfang Chapels. Again, it just depends on the concepts.

I'd like to see more furnishing limits (though I think it's impossible now) and don't think you can do a high density look in those places, but there are some pretty nice designs out there that are low density.

I'd believe that when I see it, unless the "concepts" involve walling off structures or "designs" that leave large parts of it bare.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 10:19AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better players than us have looked at this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/420541/explaining-the-house-slot-problem-and-why-it-is-difficult-to-solve/p1

That post is probably the best reasoning as to why furnishing slots not being increased isn’t a ZOS scam.

The calculations are literally too much.

I remember that thread. I wish we had more "technical type" people responding in forums as I found that thread very informative. But it is over 3 years old now.
    ZoS has implemented and changed the way cells are calculated. They have added and changed the parameters of how the server works. Remember when we all had to reload the game a year or so ago? And the new beta FPS thing they added earlier this year?

I'm not saying that the changes ZoS made will change the math of that thread, just that they have made improvements and "Maybe" they can work out adding slots now. The thread you mentioned also had a link from same OP on how ZoS could increase slot limits.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418234/examples-of-how-zos-can-increase-house-furniture-slots#latest

Many talk about separating "inside and outside". But how would that work with houses that are just one big area, Craglorn and Coldharbour houses for example?

I'm just wanting more space for our guild hall as it is going to be max very soon with the addition of new crafting tables 2-3 times a year.
    Just my 2 drakes.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree on more furniture slots yet it is possible to fill up some of those 700 slot homes just fine without costumized builds or crowded rooms that is.
    I did fully decorate my Psijic Villa and it was one of the hardest one to make look full and put somewhere in every space possible but I did manage it and I am happy with the result.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl:dr
    ZOS said before that the limit of 700 item slots is because of console players limits, meaning they won't make it more to not create situations where console players would be ''punished'' for using consoles instead of PC.

There were plenty of players cooked solutions like for example if home has exterior space (for example garden) and interior space (for example actual home building, warehouse behind doors, tower like ebonheart chateu) should be made into 2 separate limit zones (meaning when walking from garden to inside you would get loading screen), but we all know it would require 2 much work.
    Edited by Jamdarius on October 31, 2021 9:51AM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would probably affect game performance in general, not just inside houses. The settings affect both the house and the world which I discovered when I toggled grass off in my house and it toggled it off everywhere. This makes me think the two are somewhat interconnected.
    *Some* things are indeed connected but unless the game doesn't do a proper *garbage collecting* to get rid of assets loaded in Zone A (house) that aren't present in Zone B (some map) any performance loss, if any, would be only inside the houses and/or if whoever's visiting plays at Maximum Quality.

Regardless, I still think that a simple note as suggested would exempt ZOS of any responsibility, after all, it was a Player's choice to buy more slots and use these slots with more and more furnishing pieces, knowing the limitations.

I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Razberry9876
    Razberry9876
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand how ESO+ use all their slots. I've decorated several houses from the smallest apartments to notable homes and the apartments are the only ones I've used all the slots in. I have 100+ slots unused in most of my homes and they look pretty filled in.
    I think it was an appropriate answer to show you how ESO+ use all their slots and, despite that, have to come to compromises by closing off large areas, tuning down the level of detail, or both. Among those examples, and in EHT, there are plenty of houses that do start with pre-built places and run have to compromise nonetheless due to the 700 limit not being enough.
    That being said, I'd be happy to visit your houses. Chances are I won't find them complete, if you consider those examples "extreme" and I sank hundreds of hours trying to fully decorate manors to my standards without coming to compromises only to give up and submit to the praxis of closing places off, decorate smaller houses and such - and that's natural, tastes differ.

I decorated all my homes, from my tiny one room apartments to my larger houses, and I did them to my standards without cutting corners or closing off any areas. I still have a lot of slots available which I love because I can add new interesting pieces as I find them. And I can easily redo rooms as new ideas come to me.

I recently completely redecorated one room in Proudspire Manor because I found a piece I thought was more fitting for who my character is, and decorated the room to conform to that new style.

I don't give up anything due to a lack of slots, and my houses look pretty good.

Feel Free To visit:

^^^ My fully decorated homes as presented by a guildie/friend on YouTube ... All Builds @ Max ESO+ Slot Capacity (700/700). This is how MANY of us "Housing Addicts" like to build & decorate. Hope this helps you understand our plight ... Cuz, I also own & maintain a full & complete Guild Hall (via Hubby's primary residence - he gave me decorator permissions & his account info for maintaining the GH as he isn't into housing) & I personally know the struggle as I had to sacrifice my "Das Sweatshop" sign for all the other necessities that took our slots away. 😉

#GimmeMoreSlots #IfWeCanEarnItWeCanDisplayIt #UnlimitedCollectibles #ParkingSpacesForMounts #SeparateAlliesFromMountsAndPets #ChopChop #HousingPaysTheBills #FormerTheSimsPlayer #HitMeUpForManyMoreImportantFixes

Edited For Spelling.
    Edited by Razberry9876 on November 28, 2021 10:50AM