Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Neverending story - fancy houses are missing furniture slots

• Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Adremal wrote: »
    l
    That being said, the challenge stands. I sincerely believe that it's mathematically impossible to beat, but I'm not always right. I'm 99% sure you'd be wasting your time, however.

@Adremal
    What's actually going to happen is you'll use rule 3 to disqualify anything she does because it's such an extremely subjective standard. I have a 700 slot home on console that is not only completely filled in but has additional detailed spaces added on. But you'd probably disqualify it merely because I used the tower section to put my crafting stations and nothing else, despite the add-ons taking up more slots then I could ever use to decorate that space.

You are basically stating that something that requires a lot of cobbling can be too difficult with the current slots, and that's true you cannot make cobbles for literally everywhere. This is not necessary to make a home filled in. More sparse decoration is also a valid design choice that would still be considered filled in by many.

[snip]

@Sylvermynx I don't necessarily like a stuffed look. In fact I don't like something just because it's stuffed, e.g.: Gandalf's tower is anything but "stuffed" - however the fact that it's built from scratch, stairs included (that's a lot of slots), forced the creator to come to compromises.

@SilverBride Proudspire Manor is a contained 600 slotter. As to the rest, what do you want me to say, honestly? I'm glad you like your houses. I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't find your 700 slotters nearly as complete as I'd like. Tastes differ. You asked a question, I tried to answer to the best of my abilities. If that doesn't satisfy you, I'm sorry, but I won't let it get personal. Just have a look at the housing forums and how sought-after an increase of slots is. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2021 12:54PM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of rule is that? I'm agreeing with Spartaxoxo here, you could disqualify Silverbride for anything you don't deem enough. Grand Topal Hideway doesn't require you go all around. It's a tropical island. A lot of the spaces can be left untouched and they look nice.

A lot of houses can be decorated just fine with the slots we have. Would it be nice to have more slots, yes, but they don't require more.
    The bolded parts are exactly what I said and the reason for agreeing to decide beforehand which areas to consider beforehand depending on the chosen house. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2021 12:56PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride Proudspire Manor is a contained 600 slotter. As to the rest, what do you want me to say, honestly? I'm glad you like your houses. I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't find your 700 slotters nearly as complete as I'd like. Tastes differ. You asked a question, I tried to answer to the best of my abilities. If that doesn't satisfy you, I'm sorry, but I won't let it get personal. Just have a look at the housing forums and how sought-after an increase of slots is. I'm not getting in an argument over this.

You approached me with this challenge, which I understood was for me to show I could fully decorate a 700 slot house with the available slots, which I have.

My houses are fully filled in and every area decorated, and the offer for you to tour all 3 of my 700 slot houses still stands. I have not backed out of the challenge.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 28, 2021 10:22PM
    PCNA
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of rule is that? I'm agreeing with Spartaxoxo here, you could disqualify Silverbride for anything you don't deem enough. Grand Topal Hideway doesn't require you go all around. It's a tropical island. A lot of the spaces can be left untouched and they look nice.

A lot of houses can be decorated just fine with the slots we have. Would it be nice to have more slots, yes, but they don't require more.
    The bolded parts are exactly what I said and the reason for agreeing to decide beforehand which areas to consider beforehand depending on the chosen house. [snip]

True.

And you did set the standard you was expecting in your initial challenge by giving contestants examples to gleam from -. housing discords/guilds and EHT hub should provide plenty of examples. So it wasn't entirely subjective. You did set a certain standard by giving them examples for comparison.

I'm skeptical a large house could be adequately furnished with a mere 700 furnishings without closing off sections as well. And if it's a guild house that collects all the crafting stations (which is what this thread is about) I'm certain it's impossible. Some of the individual limits on specific furnishings is too low as well. 110 collectible furnishings for example isn't even enough to allow you to use all your trophies.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2021 12:57PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People seem to have this bizzare assumption that making your house look like a hoarder lives there means it is furnished, I prefer to stick to the same furniture density that ZOS does otherwise your house is gonna look out of place, why does your house have so much junk in it compared to every other building in Tamriel?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I'm skeptical a large house could be adequately furnished with a mere 700 furnishings without closing off sections as well. And if it's a guild house that collects all the crafting stations (which is what this thread is about) I'm certain it's impossible.

You are also welcome to tour any or all of my homes and see for yourself.
    PCNA
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm skeptical a large house could be adequately furnished with a mere 700 furnishings without closing off sections as well. And if it's a guild house that collects all the crafting stations (which is what this thread is about) I'm certain it's impossible.

Sure. I'll take a look at them. Just send me a private message with your game name and I'll come take a tour.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 28, 2021 10:27PM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride Proudspire Manor is a contained 600 slotter. As to the rest, what do you want me to say, honestly? I'm glad you like your houses. I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't find your 700 slotters nearly as complete as I'd like. Tastes differ. You asked a question, I tried to answer to the best of my abilities. If that doesn't satisfy you, I'm sorry, but I won't let it get personal. Just have a look at the housing forums and how sought-after an increase of slots is. I'm not getting in an argument over this.

You approached me with this challenge, which I understood was for me to show I could fully decorate a 700 slot house with the available slots, which I have.

My houses are fully filled in and every area decorated, and the offer for you to tour all 3 of my 700 slot houses still stands. I have not backed out of the challenge.

I said I'd gladly tour them. I can't do that if you don't provide me with your in-game name as "SilverBride" yields no results on EHT. Of course me touring them doesn't mean I'll agree with your statement of having "fully filled in and decorated every area" since we evidently have different standards - standards I tried my best to provide examples for, as @Jeremy was kind enough to recognise.

@TX12001rwb17_ESO did you take time to tour some of the houses I linked to, or stroll around the EHT hubs? As already stated, custom buildings take a lot of building blocks. You can't clutter something up if a tower's stairs alone take up 200 slots. And aside from that, it's simply a matter of having different tastes. Why do people get so worked up over it and feel the need to resort to derogatory terms ("junk", "hoarder") is beyond me.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l
    That being said, the challenge stands. I sincerely believe that it's mathematically impossible to beat, but I'm not always right. I'm 99% sure you'd be wasting your time, however.

@Adremal
    What's actually going to happen is you'll use rule 3 to disqualify anything she does because it's such an extremely subjective standard. I have a 700 slot home on console that is not only completely filled in but has additional detailed spaces added on. But you'd probably disqualify it merely because I used the tower section to put my crafting stations and nothing else, despite the add-ons taking up more slots then I could ever use to decorate that space.

You are basically stating that something that requires a lot of cobbling can be too difficult with the current slots, and that's true you cannot make cobbles for literally everywhere. This is not necessary to make a home filled in. More sparse decoration is also a valid design choice that would still be considered filled in by many.

[snip]

I never said you were dishonest. I am saying that the examples you provided have a very and incredibly narrow definition of filled in, so that even if someone were to make a filled in home by more broad standards, you could easily disqualify it. You did acknowledge you set the challenge as intentionally impossible, so that's not dishonest. But I am showing why it's impossible in more ways than one. It is not just an impossible challenge because of math but because the definition of filled in is extreme and very subjective and particular from a design pov.

Essentially what you are defining as filled in, others may actually consider to be cramped, cluttered, or not cohesive. As you stated, you acknowledged you set an impossible challenge so the point was not to call you dishonest. Just to highlight the impossibility of it comes down to more than not enough spaces but down to also subjective design preferences

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2021 1:01PM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    l

@Adremal

You're basically accusing me of being dishonest when I openly and repeatedly stated that I believed my challenge was de facto impossible to win, and that is was intended to address this post. I also very openly stated that tastes differ vastly, and did my best to provide with enough examples of what I consider to be "filled in". Who's being dishonest then I wonder?

I never said you were dishonest. I am saying that the examples you provided have a very and incredibly narrow definition of filled in, so that even if someone were to make a filled in home by more reasonable standards, you could easily disqualify it. You did acknowledge you set the challenge as intentionally impossible, so that's not dishonest. But I am showing why it's impossible in more ways than one. It is not just an impossible challenge because of math but because the definition of filled in is extreme and very subjective and particular from a design pov.
    It's very possible to fill to one's satisfaction smaller houses - even to overfill them (as I said, I'm not necessarily a fan of overly-stuffed houses; I like some very crumpled houses, and I dislike others). Or, to be more precise, houses that despite being smaller in size than others, have a higher furnishing limit. I said as much:
    TL;DR: I genuinely believe that the challenge I propose has mathematically impossible requirements. It was more of a way to prove that it's impossible to utilise a manor to its full potential with a limit of 700, and that space and/or detail must thus be sacrificed. Which is not the case with smaller houses, because again, they're smaller. Furthermore, it was a way to bring to attention the fact that some bigger houses (think Frostvault Chasm) have a much lower furnishing limit than much smaller houses (Water's Edge has a limit of 600 against Frostvault Chasm's 400).
    This however does not apply to manors aka 700 slotters and that's the point I'm making.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l

@Adremal

You're basically accusing me of being dishonest when I openly and repeatedly stated that I believed my challenge was de facto impossible to win, and that is was intended to address this post. I also very openly stated that tastes differ vastly, and did my best to provide with enough examples of what I consider to be "filled in". Who's being dishonest then I wonder?

I never said you were dishonest. I am saying that the examples you provided have a very and incredibly narrow definition of filled in, so that even if someone were to make a filled in home by more reasonable standards, you could easily disqualify it. You did acknowledge you set the challenge as intentionally impossible, so that's not dishonest. But I am showing why it's impossible in more ways than one. It is not just an impossible challenge because of math but because the definition of filled in is extreme and very subjective and particular from a design pov.
    It's very possible to fill to one's satisfaction smaller houses - even to overfill them (as I said, I'm not necessarily a fan of overly-stuffed houses; I like some very crumpled houses, and I dislike others). Or, to be more precise, houses that despite being smaller in size than others, have a higher furnishing limit. I said as much:
    TL;DR: I genuinely believe that the challenge I propose has mathematically impossible requirements. It was more of a way to prove that it's impossible to utilise a manor to its full potential with a limit of 700, and that space and/or detail must thus be sacrificed. Which is not the case with smaller houses, because again, they're smaller. Furthermore, it was a way to bring to attention the fact that some bigger houses (think Frostvault Chasm) have a much lower furnishing limit than much smaller houses (Water's Edge has a limit of 600 against Frostvault Chasm's 400).
    This however does not apply to manors aka 700 slotters and that's the point I'm making.

And I am stating that it's possible with manors too, and pointing out the examples you cited would be full of clutter from some design perspectives. I personally love the designs you showcased, they are drop dead gorgeous. But they don't exactly scream minimalist or other forms of design where the defintion of "filled in" has less stuff.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 28, 2021 11:19PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said I'd gladly tour them. I can't do that if you don't provide me with your in-game name as "SilverBride" yields no results on EHT. Of course me touring them doesn't mean I'll agree with your statement of having "fully filled in and decorated every area" since we evidently have different standards - standards I tried my best to provide examples for, as @Jeremy was kind enough to recognise.

I'm not on EHT as I don't use that addon. I messaged you my character's names.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 28, 2021 11:27PM
    PCNA
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    l

@Adremal

And I am stating that it's possible with manors too, and pointing out the examples you cited would be full of clutter from some design perspectives. I personally love the designs you showcased, they are drop dead gorgeous. But they don't exactly scream minimalist or other forms of design where the defintion of "filled in" has less stuff.

Manors filled to one's heart content? I'll believe it when I see it, and I've toured dozens of manors, perhaps hundreds. As to minimalist stuff... I love it when it's done done right. There's a guy on EHT who completely closed off the Grand Psijic Villa and built a very small fishing shack on the sea, for instance. And another one who created a "spa" sort of thing with a very modern minimalistic design - now, I don't know whether the small fishing house took all the 700 pieces, but that's moot because the entire house was closed off and only a small portion of the sea was used, so it falls outside the criteria. The second guy, the "spa" (one of many) filled all the slots because while keeping things minimalistic, had an eye for detail and uniqueness, and between the lightning and pieces (beds, lamps, pools) made up from many different furnishing pieces, well he hit the limit. The design was very clean, open and minimalistic, however. I tried to find them and failed, they're probably here somewhere or on EHT, or on one of the dedicated housing Twitch and/or YouTube videos.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure. I'll take a look at them. Just send me a private message with your game name and I'll come take a tour.

Thanks for taking the tours! I enjoyed seeing your house also, and can see why the limit is a problem for that particular house.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 28, 2021 11:59PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manors filled to one's heart content? I'll believe it when I see it, and I've toured dozens of manors, perhaps hundreds. As to minimalist stuff... I love it when it's done done right.

idvnuo006bvw.jpg
    https://youtu.be/71ejMDDN8uw
    https://youtu.be/nUQM3PUZL7U

@Adremal
    I don't know about your heart's content. But here is an example of one of my manor's. This is one is my Tel Galen home. This one is the home of a magister who is in charge of sending various shipments to places. Two videos because I think forgot to go upstairs in the first one.

The most consistent piece of feedback I get on this home beyond the usual "nice job" type compliments is that it's cool that I have managed to both build an entire cargo ship and fill in the entire normal part of the Tel Galen home. I am on PS4 so unfortunately you can't tour it (anyone on ps4 is welcome to do so, just send me a message).

I don't think you would personally view this as completely filled based off of your examples but I have heard that feedback from several people. And I personally feel I filled the normal part of Tel-Galen, there's nothing I would add. The ship I will add a nice pirate song music box too if we ever get one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 29, 2021 12:40AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My measure for the density of decorating in game is through the game itself.

Study an outlaws refuge, or how many objects are placed in a simple cave path. We can not even remotely get close to this density of objects when decorating in a 700 slot house, regardless of the houses size.

I have three 700 slot properties (one is not decorated yet) and I had to severely limit what I wanted to do with the space in both examples.

As a density example vs size I will use my Snugpod a fast travel outpost I made a year ago or so. I have used 151 slots and this is what I was able to achieve.
    This Snugpod room represents a 1/4 of a single room in a large manor. Multiply this density (item count) over the course of a manor house and its various rooms, courtyards, stables etc and its easy to recognize how fast you run out of slots.

There is a not a property in this game with 700 slots that could match this density and be used in it's entirety. That is not an attack, its just numbers.

Mind you I dont blame ZOS, they have to do what they have to do, but I do feel the large houses are not able to be decorated with the same density we often see in game or that smaller houses can enjoy.

5RB7Ybm.jpg
    KmVHdIR.jpg
    YG2ECKY.jpg
    OkdIoeU.jpg

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I like the phrase "dense" rather than cluttered, will have to remember that if I discuss in the future. Cluttered has a negative connotation that I don't intend at all. I quite like having and viewing both dense and minimalist homes, and think both design styles are nice. I usually like to mix it up within a home, personally. With some areas more minimalist and some areas more full. It kinda depends on what I'm doing.

I like you Snugpod quite a bit!
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 29, 2021 1:25AM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand how ESO+ use all their slots. I've decorated several houses from the smallest apartments to notable homes and the apartments are the only ones I've used all the slots in. I have 100+ slots unused in most of my homes and they look pretty filled in.

I've reached the limit on a couple of houses and could still use another 50 - 100 slots to complete them.

I am at the 400 item maximum for Velothi Reverie. While some rooms are complete the upstairs and courtyard are lacking the things that finish off rooms. For example outside I have had to forgo cushions on benches and can't fill in plantings to make the area look finished to my liking. Dining tables use four chairs and settings when they could use six. Upstairs the rooms have furniture but are missing items that personalize the rooms such as decanters, glasses, books or knick knacks.

I have a similar problem with the Ald Velothi Harbor House. It has been setup as a bank and emporium. Due to this it requires that I use multiple items of the same type to fill shelves or to stack on the floor. The house also has a self serve cafe. Again this requires multiple copies of items such as stacked cups and sweets to look complete. In the case of this house I was able free up some space by not using it and hiding the unused areas but there are still areas outside and near the door on the interior that need items. I would also like to be able to open up the currently close balcony but can't due to the item count.

To be fair my Exorcised Coven Cottage looks pretty good and it is a little over halfway to the item cap. However the house plot and dwelling are quite small for a 400 item house so it was fairly easy to get it to look the way I would like and still have plenty of room to add a few things as I acquire them.

I've never bothered trying to complete a large or a manor as I just don't see how I could make one look complete with all of the interior and exterior real estate.

To sum it up I don't think we need unlimited or an extreme number of slots. On the small and medium houses another 50 and 100 slots would do it for me and provide the headroom I need to personalizing the spaces. For a large or manor house I would say at least 200 slots for a large house and 300 - 400 for a manor would be needed before I would consider buying one. Even then I might not depending upon how much interior and exterior space needed to be decorated.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how ESO+ use all their slots. I've decorated several houses from the smallest apartments to notable homes and the apartments are the only ones I've used all the slots in. I have 100+ slots unused in most of my homes and they look pretty filled in.

I've reached the limit on a couple of houses and could still use another 50 - 100 slots to complete them.

I am at the 400 item maximum for Velothi Reverie....

I purchased Frostvault Chasm and I was amazed that it was limited to 400 slots with ESO+
    This property would easily fit into the 300/600 item limit. I am using it for my halloween contest home, but once this is over...I dont really know how I am going to make it "complete" with the slot limit.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I like the phrase "dense" rather than cluttered, will have to remember that if I discuss in the future. Cluttered has a negative connotation that I don't intend at all. I quite like having and viewing both dense and minimalist homes, and think both design styles are nice. I usually like to mix it up within a home, personally. With some areas more minimalist and some areas more full. It kinda depends on what I'm doing.

I like you Snugpod quite a bit!

Thank you sparta. It looks better in game, a lot better. I am trying to understand why the screenshots look less vibrant. I think it shows much better in game.

I tried making it a normal space, but because my GF and I used it so much as a fast travel point to get to undtaunted daily stuff, I decided to make it a rest stop. A place to get a drink, relax before we head back out on adventures.

EDIT: Ya, as far as density. I think its a more appropriate word to describe how much stuff we are packing into an area. Something can be dense, but not cluttered. I actually have a mix of both in that snugpod. I have some areas that are dense, like the shelves next to the door, but a cluttered area to the right of the bankers stall. He has a lot of junk on the floor. the idea was he has things under consignment. Or at least trying to give that feeling.

Edited by Raideen on October 29, 2021 1:44AM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, @SilverBride made a very good job based on what I saw - that is, Proudspire Manor and Hall of the Lunar Champion. Oh, and a quaint little fortune's teller parlor in an apartment. Proudspire was on 321/600, but it's very well contained. The Hall is impressive in those regards, at 473/700 - though set up as a museum (with lots of trophies that add up "invisibly" on the item number) in a very well compartmentalised 700 slotter, if not the best one. While not all areas were my cup of tea, the tea room surely was, as well as the museum proper area with statuettes and various curious. Nice touch with the lightning in the pool as well. Lion's cradle and the lobby could've used something more but it was nice enough as it is, with the tea room and relaxation area being my favourite and something I'd add very little to. Perhaps some vegetation and a couple of tea implements but that's about it.
    Now, again, that's in a very compartmentalised 700 slotter with a minimalistic style. I'll admit it's possible to get nice things done with that number of slots - in that house, as a museum, in a minimalistic style. However, a bigger 700 slotter, perhaps one with open areas (and not even one of the biggest ones such as Varlaisvea), well that's a whole different thing and remains impossible to do for most manors without closing large portions off, or giving up on details.
    Now to the tricky ones: Kushalit Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade, Colossal Aldmeri Grotto (it's really colossal), Grand Psijic Villa (it's really grand, I'll stop with these jokes now), Bastion Sanguinaris, Pantherfang, Varlaisvea (worst offender?), Pariah's Pinnacle, Grand Topal Hideaway (it's a whole island complete with a volcano, and no, I'm not suggesting it should all be used, but every single good one I saw employed some sort of artifice to either close off the area completely such as walls, or at the very least impede the line of sight, mostly through thick trees, on the huge beach that would remain completely and utterly devoid of detail for mere mathematical reasons), Shalidor's Shrouded, Wraithhome, and I'm not even going to start on the free-building ones such as Coldharbour Surreal Estate or Moon-Sugar Meadow. Some are questionable due to the "base" being very pretty, e.g. Potentate's Estate with the huge Aeonstone lake and Jode's Embrace with the whole extraplanar thing - one gets distracted by those massive features and suddenly less stuff is (seems?) needed to make them look outstanding. Others are questionable due to other reasons - Tel Galen is pretty well compartmentalised too for instance... except, it has a huge back area, and did you know you can climb to the very top (please ignore the Mickey Mouse shaped Molag Bal thing, it's not an actual worship place, I swear)? So that's in the "deceptively adequate" space category.
    TL;DR most manors need more space, most people in the housing community have been asking for it for years, and the most acclaimed recent manor-sized houses has been the closed, compartmentalised ones such as Stone Eagle's. Of course some people are able to come up with very neat and even extraordinary things - in the smaller and more contained manors, which are a minority. The bigger the house, the less space for creativity, the more that 700 cap becomes unbearable.
    P.s. unrelated and a tad off-topic, but this whole thing made me notice how easier it is for people to get into arguments on the forums, and on the other hand how easier it is for people to be much more friendly in game. Or in real life.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manors filled to one's heart content? I'll believe it when I see it, and I've toured dozens of manors, perhaps hundreds. As to minimalist stuff... I love it when it's done done right.

idvnuo006bvw.jpg

@Adremal
    I don't know about your heart's content. But here is an example of one of my manor's. This is one is my Tel Galen home. This one is the home of a magister who is in charge of sending various shipments to places. Two videos because I think forgot to go upstairs in the first one.

The most consistent piece of feedback I get on this home beyond the usual "nice job" type compliments is that it's cool that I have managed to both build an entire cargo ship and fill in the entire normal part of the Tel Galen home. I am on PS4 so unfortunately you can't tour it (anyone on ps4 is welcome to do so, just send me a message).

I don't think you would personally view this as completely filled based off of your examples but I have heard that feedback from several people. And I personally feel I filled the normal part of Tel-Galen, there's nothing I would add. The ship I will add a nice pirate song music box too if we ever get one.

Ok, last post then I'll hit the bed for real because it's 4 am here but I have to clear things up - that is a very nice job. It's nothing like my Tel Galen looks like, that's material for another day and another hour, and definitely not my cup of tea, but I can't not appreciate what you've done there. Still I'm willing to bet you've felt limited by the furnishing limit, hence the many big pieces used, and... well the ship does look a bit minecrafty, or from an older game (reminds me of Might and Magic VI to VIII design-wise). To me, my opinion, not meant as an offense - but I've seen some very realistic ships built from scratch... in the waters of closed off houses, because building things from scratch is hella demanding in terms of slots. So while I wouldn't be content with that, it's objectively a very nice idea. Hampered by the limit. It'd fit right into the extraordinary tier someone mentioned earlier without that limit, with a more realistic ship and perhaps a fuller tower (the latter being more of a matter of density taste I suppose).
    P.s. that open "aquarium" with the betty netch and dragon is genius.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, @SilverBride made a very good job based on what I saw - that is, Proudspire Manor and Hall of the Lunar Champion. Oh, and a quaint little fortune's teller parlor in an apartment. Proudspire was on 321/600, but it's very well contained. The Hall is impressive in those regards, at 473/700 - though set up as a museum (with lots of trophies that add up "invisibly" on the item number) in a very well compartmentalised 700 slotter, if not the best one. While not all areas were my cup of tea, the tea room surely was, as well as the museum proper area with statuettes and various curious. Nice touch with the lightning in the pool as well. Lion's cradle and the lobby could've used something more but it was nice enough as it is, with the tea room and relaxation area being my favourite and something I'd add very little to. Perhaps some vegetation and a couple of tea implements but that's about it.

Thank you for looking. It was very amusing when your Khajiit had trouble pulling himself away from the bowl of catnip I had in Proudspire Manor for my kitty. :)

I agree that the lobby area and the Curator's Office are a little more sparse than I want, but I am looking for the right pieces that fit my vision of those spaces. But with 227 slots to work with I have plenty of slots to fill them out, and then some. And I plan to add some statues and more large pieces to the museum area, and some lighting up on the top fenced balcony areas on each side.

I look forward to showing you the mountain guest lodge I made in the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery and my cozy Khajiit country estate with guest house at Serenity Falls Estate. I hope you enjoy them.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 29, 2021 3:00AM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

idvnuo006bvw.jpg

@Adremal

Ok, last post then I'll hit the bed for real because it's 4 am here but I have to clear things up - that is a very nice job. It's nothing like my Tel Galen looks like, that's material for another day and another hour, and definitely not my cup of tea, but I can't not appreciate what you've done there. Still I'm willing to bet you've felt limited by the furnishing limit, hence the many big pieces used, and... well the ship does look a bit minecrafty, or from an older game (reminds me of Might and Magic VI to VIII design-wise). To me, my opinion, not meant as an offense - but I've seen some very realistic ships built from scratch... in the waters of closed off houses, because building things from scratch is hella demanding in terms of slots. So while I wouldn't be content with that, it's objectively a very nice idea. Hampered by the limit. It'd fit right into the extraordinary tier someone mentioned earlier without that limit, with a more realistic ship and perhaps a fuller tower (the latter being more of a matter of density taste I suppose).
    P.s. that open "aquarium" with the betty netch and dragon is genius.

I didn't really want a realistic ship as I wanted it to be more steam fantasy, in keeping with the Tribunal vibe.

The big pieces used were mostly about wanting it to be a cargo ship with three stories, and also a bit of skill limitation. I had a tonnnn of trouble lining everything up the way that I wanted it. I am not 100% happy with the final product, but I am like 99% happy with it. If I ever get better at building boats, I'd probably revisit it. I wanted to be like what kind of cargo boat could a crew have with Sotha Sil?

Here's some references that I used but I didn't want to directly copy any of them.
    rafael-mogas-vitorian-boat.jpg?1505929595

36.jpg

Steampunk-airship-LEGO-Ideas-no-balloon-1-1.jpg

treasure-planet-disney-ship-science-fiction-steampunk-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

_D.jpg

I have definitely had homes where I could benefit from more slots though. I am definitely not opposed to them. 🙂
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 29, 2021 2:57AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While players seem to designate one player's home as a "guild home" I do not think they are designed as such since the guild does not actually "own" the home.

I also doubt it was intended that attunable crafting stations for every set in the game would be in any home. Over the long haul that would create an issue. It is just not sustainable given how long ESO will likely last and how many craftable sets will be added to the game during that time.

Zenimax has seemed to hold its ground on adding additional furnishing slots to homes. Of course, I expect all of us would like more slots so I am not arguing that.

The most likely solution is Zenimax may add tunable stations that will support more than one set or one station can handle all stations for a single set. However, that would mean people would need to replace their old stations and obtain the new designs. This is most likely because Zenimax can sell them via the crown store and it would bring renewed interest into the master writs if they are sold via that vendor.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think there should be argument about whether or not there should be more spaces. There are different equally valid design choices and people may or may not want to create their own structures or cobbles. Options are good for everyone, right?

I have seen builds that make wonderful use of every furnishing slot in just part of the space available and I’d love to see what that player would build with ten thousand slots! But I do also like more minimal decorating, strategic pieces with dramatic lighting.

I’d really like more slots for Gornir Estate, at least up to the current max of 700! I haven’t even done much with the pods but my focus has been on the plants and atmosphere and really making it lush and beautiful and even with prioritizing I am nearing the 600 limit and I’d love to do a good deal more.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I understand the difference between the two camps here where some can feel like a notable house is filled without hitting the 700 slot limit and those who don’t.

You know what item I think clued me on on this? The Leyawiin trousers. You know, the ones that are rumpled and piled on the floor?

Some people love it, those are the ones who need more slots.

Me, I would never leave clothes piled on the floor in real life and don’t do that in my eso houses. Everything is put away.

So I guess if you are a highly organized person you can work within the limits but if that is not a lived-in look for you then you need more.

No judgment here, just an observation.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I understand the difference between the two camps here where some can feel like a notable house is filled without hitting the 700 slot limit and those who don’t.

You know what item I think clued me on on this? The Leyawiin trousers. You know, the ones that are rumpled and piled on the floor?

Me, I would never leave clothes piled on the floor in real life and don’t do that in my eso houses. Everything is put away.

So I guess if you are a highly organized person you can work within the limits but if that is not a lived-in look for you then you need more.

Ahh, but that is the key difference. You are decorating a house how YOU would decorate it, I decorate my houses how the CHARACTER (who resides in the home) would decorate it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know the funny thing is in real life, my spaces are organized chaos. I kinda wish I were more regimented but it's just not who I am. Sometimes I try to be that way, end up miserable, stop for a bit, and then end up right back in chaos haha. I'm not dirty or anything, but like my file folders are probably not gonna be in a perfect stack. They will be on the desk and not dusty, but they will not be stacked or organized.

But in games I tend to prefer to create less cluttered spaces. Haha.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for taking the tours! I enjoyed seeing your house also, and can see why the limit is a problem for that particular house.

Np. I enjoyed them. :) I especially liked your Tree House and that greenhouse you converted into a lookout. That was quite awesome. And I'm glad you could see what I was talking about. Some of the extra big houses are just a pain to decorate with only 700, so you have to really scale it back. I've had to remove so much hard work from my house over the years it's depressing.

Sometimes I've thought about changing my primary over to the Lunar Hall because it's more compact. But I like having my own personal bat cave too much and can't seem to let it go.

Edited by Jeremy on October 29, 2021 9:05AM