I can see it being popular among console users, but PC addons, from what I've read seem to be superior.
Edited by richo262 on September 18, 2021 9:18AM
Addons vs Armory
Neither can store mundus stone
Neither can change morphs (from what I saw on the preview, waiting PTS confirmation)
Neither can change the racial passives
Both require the items to be stored in the characters inventory
Armory can hide / activate vamp/werewolf, addons cannot
Armory can change attribute points
Armory can change CP points (this becomes redundant as you gain more CP as you can buy the ones you'll want outright)
Armory can only be utilized by either leaving the area and going to your house, or by spawning an NPC
Addons can change gear/skills in trial conditions and PVP
Addons can change gear instantly out of combat at the press of a bound button
Addons do not require a slot on your quickslot dedicated to an NPC
Addons do not require spawning said NPC, and talking to him (might not sound like much, but it will become tedious over time, and occupy a quickslot)
What would make the Armory system the undisputed champion is this
1) Remove the trial/pvp limitation, or make it so in PVP you need to be out of combat and in a keep you control/spawn location.
2) Have the mundus store in the profile
3) Remove the assistant, sorry, but, it is just not required, feels like over monitisation, gotta make money, dont mind that, but making something require extra steps just to perform a task that is in many scenarios less functional than addons, it kind of makes me not want to invest in it at all.
4) Re-add this assistant as a purchasable companion at a later date if a backstory has been invested in him.
5) Instead have a 'Build' drop down menu under the 'Outfit' drop down menu, and also have these bindable to a key
6) This would be the holy grail, have it so when you purchase a build slot, it randomly also unlocks a racial trait you can swap between in the builds.
10 slots, 10 racials. I'd buy bulk slots on my characters (at least 6 of them) to unlock them all, probably make more crowns off me than an assistant. I want to make a Shalidor (Nord Mage)
Which leads to the next Update, what going to happen with all the spare characters? Sticker book made mule characters somewhat redundant, this build system seems to be making alt characters for specific roles somewhat redundant. ZOS has kind of eluded to no more classes because +3 slots on the server would be a nightmare, but if we could trade in our old redundant mules / alts for some benefit, perhaps unlocks build slots on another and increases their inventory space, that would free up space for another class on the server.