The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

All Dungeons with Story Mode

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that will be awesome!
    I'm only saying yes in this because I have pushed for it for years.

But my actual suggestion would be to keep things pretty much like they are now with one caveat, that "Normal" be "Normal"!

If all group dungeons shared the same level of difficulty on "Normal" as lets say City of Ash 1 or Fungal Grotto then this would not be much of an issue at all, barring physical limitations. Let Vet and Vet Hard Mode have the ever rising difficulty but let Normal be Normal.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meiox wrote: »
    We already have story mode, it's called normal. This is an MMO, it is meant to be played with others. If you really wanted to make it so a blind gibbon could run the dungeon solo to listen to the dialogue, I guess I don't care as long as there are absolutely zero loot drops, including skill points and undaunted rank.

My pushback is that if you make story mode, you remove the carrot that might incentivize some people to break out of their shell and play with others, in an MMO!!!

Good luck listening to the cut scenes while in a dungeon with other people.

There are special guilds for that,who run dungeons slow and listen and read the lore.

True, and when we have a pug in our group that is doing the quest we are mindful of that.

However, that does not take away that having a solo story mode of dungeons is a good thing for the game. More importantly, it does not harm anyone.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No(reasons in the comments)
    I don't want to solo dungeons while I savor the quests and environment. I play with my best friend, and we like to duo them. What we need is a "story mode" queue so that people who want to rush through and just get it done won't be grouped up with people who want to do the quest and take their time and see things.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I don't want to solo dungeons while I savor the quests and environment. I play with my best friend, and we like to duo them. What we need is a "story mode" queue so that people who want to rush through and just get it done won't be grouped up with people who want to do the quest and take their time and see things.

Given the nature of humans, the only thing we will get as a result is fake questers in addition to fake tanks and healers, who would rush and speedrun even when being in the "story mode" queue. If ZOS can't force combat roles behaviour, I really doubt they could force questing, reading and listening behaviour.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Then why wouldn't you just do it on normal? How does an optional version for people who aren't playing with their BFF in anyway impact your ability to duo them?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 9, 2021 8:00AM
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no world in which this as a concept would not be a good idea. It would need a little though, like not dropping dungeon loot but overland loot instead, etc.

I have no idea what is happening with the conclusion to the years content with these dungeons. I've enjoyed the storyline so far, and really wish I could understand what's going on here. But, what with people burning through, I can stop to see what's going on.

Make the dungeons like a final quest delve with delve level bosses but instanced so you don't have people zipping around farming whatever overland set is meta that patch. ZOS can get rid of the pointless standing around waiting for NPC to talk in the group dungeon mode and add them into the story mode.

There is no downside at all. Saying "normal mode is solo-able" is narrowminded and smug - most players can't solo a normal dungeon or don't want to spend ages doing it.

Additionally, those players that like to really explore a dungeon, looking in every nook and cranny - have at it, you have a way to do it.

In every single way, this would be a positive and useful change.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if they added an optional difficulty setting for the Main Quest & Delves...
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No(reasons in the comments)
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Only if they added an optional difficulty setting for the Main Quest & Delves...

Veteran overland leggooooooo
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

After removing a few comments, we would like to remind everyone that Flaming is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    • Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post