The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

All Dungeons with Story Mode

• Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that will be awesome!
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I was going to vote yes, but my caveats don't agree with "that is awesome", so here we are.

You can have story mode if:

- You have completed the quest for that dungeon in normal or vet.
    - There are no drops.
    - It doesn't count for pledge completion.

We who want the story mode usually want to finish the quest there, since the quest is the story itself...
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This makes complete sense with the DLC year-long story including the dungeons.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No(reasons in the comments)
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    ZeroDPS wrote: »
    We already have story mode, it's called normal. This is an MMO, it is meant to be played with others. If you really wanted to make it so a blind gibbon could run the dungeon solo to listen to the dialogue, I guess I don't care as long as there are absolutely zero loot drops, including skill points and undaunted rank.

My pushback is that if you make story mode, you remove the carrot that might incentivize some people to break out of their shell and play with others, in an MMO!!!

For you and all other players who says normal mode can be soloed. Yes I can solo even some veterans after 1000+ CP, but you cant solo with level 23 WITHOUT any CP there. So for balance we can remove some sets drop, and CLOSE story mode after doing it and completing the quest!

Guys I see many ppl in this forum that dont want new and comfortable things to be implemented, in this case we will have store mode dungeons without set drops only for questing, after doing story mode it will disappear and instead of them we can see normal/veteran in the list. So why not?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I dont subscribe to the premise that the entire game should be accessible by a level 23 player. Again, I dont care if they do it, but story mode needs to be for the story and NOTHING else. If people don't have to group to get group based loot, there is no incentive to break out of the solo bubble. Not healthy for an MMO. And honestly, if you dont do group content and avoid everything but overland combat, your gear simply doesnt matter anyway.

exactly what dungeon sets are you expecting people to "break out of their solo bubble" for?
    most dungeon sets are trash. honestly diamonds victory and acuity is better than just about anything that drops in a dungeon.

the only "incentive" sets are the monster helms which only drop on vet already.

Medusa, BSW, Z'en, Kinra's, are all pretty useful currently, and in some cases, downright Meta for DPS. The meta is always changing.

Dungeon Sets I have aggressively farmed in the past in no particular order (and certainly not exhaustive): Netch's Touch, Sunderflame, SPC, Scathing, Ebon, Rattlecage, Bone Pirate, Amber Plasm, Undaunted Infiltrator, Jailbreaker, Leviathan, Lich, Vipers, Dreugh King, Warlock, Worm, Caaluroons, Jorvulds, Essence Thief, Tzo's Warband, and sure there are more.

Dungeon sets are certainly useful in this game. All of them? Of course not, but acting like all sets are trash is simply not accurate.
    Options
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I wouldn't really care if there was a story mode for dungeons, but...

Some dungeons have story elements tied to their mechanics, and mechanics might make it difficult to solo. The best example that came to my mind is Tree-minder Na-Kesh.
    Tree-minder Na-Kesh has a mechanic where she throws hist sap to a player's eyes. This sap causes the player to hallucinate, which enforces the idea of the hist tree of Xit-Xaht tribe to be crazy itself. The mechanic itself changes the player's skill bar to being just sap throwing, which must be used on correct statue, and you need group members to reveal the correct statue.

So, making the dungeon story soloable, while keeping all story-related boss fights still expressive, can be difficult, if not impossible.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »

Some dungeons have story elements tied to their mechanics, and mechanics might make it difficult to solo. The best example that came to my mind is Tree-minder Na-Kesh.
    Tree-minder Na-Kesh has a mechanic where she throws hist sap to a player's eyes. This sap causes the player to hallucinate, which enforces the idea of the hist tree of Xit-Xaht tribe to be crazy itself. The mechanic itself changes the player's skill bar to being just sap throwing, which must be used on correct statue, and you need group members to reveal the correct statue.

So, making the dungeon story soloable, while keeping all story-related boss fights still expressive, can be difficult, if not impossible.

Let any player in Story Mode use the synergy to reveal the correct statue, or give statues 1 Health.
    Options
  • hizium
    hizium
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would be great for people who wants to enjoy the story. However, the story mode shouldn't be too easy. Also it should not drop any set items, not give skill point, give any achievement and sould not count for undaunted quests/skill line. It should be a mode that offers ONLY the story and anything else, otherwise it would just destroy the whole idea of group dungeons.
    Edited by hizium on September 1, 2021 7:31PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Imo:

• Story Mode:
    - Public Dungeon level difficulty
    - No monster helms drops
    - Does not complete undaunted pledges
    - New achievement for completing the dungeon on Story Mode, which auto-completes for beating the dungeon on any other difficulty.

• Normal:
    - No changes.

• Veteran:
    - No changes.

• Master:
    - Healing Done/Shields reduced by 60%
    - Damage Done reduced by 30%
    - All bosses must be killed, or else last boss is enraged.
    - Always two keys for pledges
    - Experience gain is doubled
    - Boss drops are doubled
    - Gold Jewelry for killing last boss on Hard Mode
    - New achievement for completing the dungeon on Master, and maybe new titles

I don't think Master mode should get all of that if Story mode can't even fill the Undaunted achievement, which is for a miniscule amount of credit, can only be done once, and most of them can already be done solo. That sends a bad message to the playerbase that those players aren't worth anything and only good players are.

I'd be okay with Master having all that if solo wasn't overly penalized. So none of the group rewards like pledges, random, keys, or even gear. But stuff you can already get done solo anyway like hearing the quest or the achievement for getting the quest is left alone, as the point to these actions shouldn't be to punish solo players but to protect group content.

For me it should be like solo is very low reward but easy (rather than no reward to the point stuff you can do solo is taken away) and Master is high reward but also hard.

I do love the idea of a master mode though. Could be a lot of fun. I'd try it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2021 7:35PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »

You can have Heem-Jas reveal the statue in story mode.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hizium wrote: »
    I think this would be great for people who wants to enjoy the story. However, the story mode shouldn't be too easy. Also it should not drop any set items, not give skill point, give any achievement and sould not count for undaunted quests/skill line. It should be a mode that offers ONLY the story and anything else, otherwise it would just destroy the whole idea of group dungeons.

If it's not gonna do all that then it should be extremely easy.

And no, it doesn't need all that to protect grouping.

Almost every group is made for pledges, random daily, or gear farming. As long as it doesn't offer one of those three things, it will not harm groups. Very few groups are formed for the Undaunted achievement alone and the undaunted skill line is already a solo skill line. The delve dailies did not kill pledges and neither would a story mode.

Many mmos have solo mode and they don't kill off group content because group loot and group bonuses are still good enough incentive to join a group. It doesn't need to be that over the top.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2021 7:41PM
    Options
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a MMO, the more options the better. Let the people who want story mode have it. If you don't want it, then just don't do it.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Imo:

• Story Mode:
    - No monster helms drops
    - New achievement for completing the dungeon on Story Mode, which auto-completes for beating the dungeon on any other difficulty.

• Normal:
    - No changes.

• Veteran:
    - No changes.

• Master:
    - Boss drops are doubled

I don't think Master mode should get all of that if Story mode can't even fill the Undaunted achievement, which is for a miniscule amount of credit, can only be done once, and most of them can already be done solo. That sends a bad message to the playerbase that those players aren't worth anything and only good players are.

I'd be okay with Master having all that if solo wasn't overly penalized. So none of the group rewards like pledges, random, keys, or even gear. But stuff you can already get done solo anyway like hearing the quest or the achievement for getting the quest is left alone, as the point to these actions shouldn't be to punish solo players but to protect group content.

For me it should be like solo is very low reward but easy (rather than no reward to the point stuff you can do solo is taken away) and Master is high reward but also hard.

Story mode is meant for players of any skill level to enjoy the questing experience. It is at the difficulty of a public dungeon/delve, so the rewards reflect that and you get set drops so nothing is taken away either. Giving away monster helms, undaunted keys, etc for such an easy difficulty would entirely devalue the Normal and Veteran mode system that is currently in place.

Master is for the challenge, gear farm (particularly gold jewelry), and potentially titles. So pretty much an endgame challenge version for people to look forward to that is much above the Vet version because of harsh modifiers and not allowing any bosses to be skipped.

Again that’s just what I would like to see though lol.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 1, 2021 8:22PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo:

• Story Mode:
    - No monster helms drops

• Normal:
    - No changes.

• Veteran:
    - No changes.

• Master:
    - Boss drops are doubled

Story mode is meant for players of any skill level to enjoy the questing experience. It is at the difficulty of a public dungeon/delve, so the rewards reflect that and you get set drops so nothing is taken away either. Giving away monster helms, undaunted keys, etc for such an easy difficulty would entirely devalue the Normal and Veteran mode system that is currently in place.

I was not talking about the undaunted keys and actually supported taking away even more drops. The total opposite of wanting keys or helms in there.

I was talking about the Undaunted skill line progress/achievement. The Undaunted skill line already progresses due to delves, so taking it away would not do anything to protect groups. It would just be vindictive towards solo mode.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2021 8:48PM
    Options
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Wow. This community..

People ask for an OPTIONAL. easier mode for dungeons and everyone is 'Only if u get no lootl'

People ask for OPTIONAL hard mod overland and everyone is 'Only if you don't get more loot!'

What is it guys? Should loot be based on challenge or not? Why are people so terrified of there being more difficulty options in this game?
    Are you guys seriously saying that spending 30 mins in a story-mode dungeon should give 0 loot? Do you get 0 loot doing 30mins overland?

And what about group play? This is exactly the same argument on PVP events.. Why are ZOS forcing me to do X that I don't like?
    Ah, but you might like it if you tried it.
    Dude, I've been playing this game for over 5 years and have tried all content, stop trying to push me into stuff I have done and KNOW I don't like.

If love a solo mode for dungeons. I hate group content. I hate that I miss out on so much of the stories, and I hate more than anything that all these DLCs that I keep paying for with my sub include content that I'll never play.

And quite frankly so many of these comments just come a cross as 'If you don't do dungeons, you don't matter'. Its like we're 2nd class citizens, some kind of underclass who has to be stamped on and kept in their place, for fear of their enjoyment somehow, ever so slightly impinging on the all so important ruling class.

FINALLY, someone after my own heart...

+1

Tired of people TELLING me how to play the game w/ my limited time...

I do what I LIKE/LOVE to do....

I wouldn't even do DUNGEONS NORMAL if I wasn't forced to need it for the UNDAUNTED skill line...

PvE Questing, that's what I like...

IMO, you can stuff the rest....
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even do DUNGEONS NORMAL if I wasn't forced to need it for the UNDAUNTED skill line...

You don't need to do dungeons at all to hit max level Undaunted. The Undaunted delve daily and buying drinks for all the Undaunted members both count.
    Options
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively,
    1. Give companions the ability to interact with levers and pressure pads. OR add a small timer to them so that a single player can activate both by being quick (like the 2 statues in CoH2).
    2. Fix the issue where certain bosses reset when a solo player is forced to do certain mechanics (ex: White Gold Tower first boss. She resets instantly when you get prison cage mechanic as a solo player. I guess the prison cage is not considered a part of boss room, as bosses only reset if all players/boss leave boss room). Psijic ultimate does not help here, I've tested it. But I haven't tested with companions present.
    3. Make dungeon quests repeatable (but no notable rewards of any kind for completing the quest more than once). Right now you have to make a new character if you want to do a dungeon quest again.
    This stuff should be easier to implement than revamping 40+ dungeons for a story mode. Also most of the one-shot pin mechanics can be dealt with using Psijic ultimate (Precognition morph). So no issues there in normal difficulty.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have story mode, it's called normal. This is an MMO, it is meant to be played with others. If you really wanted to make it so a blind gibbon could run the dungeon solo to listen to the dialogue, I guess I don't care as long as there are absolutely zero loot drops, including skill points and undaunted rank.

My pushback is that if you make story mode, you remove the carrot that might incentivize some people to break out of their shell and play with others, in an MMO!!!

That is an outdated mindset with modern MMOs. No longer are MMOs dedicated to 'group' play, as many are gearing simply towards a massive amount of people playing the same game at the same time. Further, even Matt Firor said that ZOS doesn't consider ESO a traditional MMO but instead it's considered an Online RPG with some MMO elements.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    It's called group content for a reason. Finding players with similar goals, especially for runs on normal, is not hard. I'm not completely opposed, but you already have all the tools to make this happen.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called group content for a reason. Finding players with similar goals, especially for runs on normal, is not hard. I'm not completely opposed, but you already have all the tools to make this happen.

I agree we have the tools already and I'm not arguing but I just want to say that people who shift work, change their hours or have limited time or social skills may struggle to form groups outside the group finder to do that.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly this.
    I did solo normal dungeons on my healer main with 5k dps so....They cant make dungeons even easier than that if you can even complete them on supporter roles alone.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on September 2, 2021 2:11PM
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • Ballermfrau
    Ballermfrau
    ✭✭✭
    I would really love this! Dungeons usually feature epic fights so the story becomes more memorable, tho I have no idea of what is really going on cause I don't want to let others wait. I read the quest text to get around this problem.

Rewards should be non existent to not impact queue times.
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a poll option for: why not? that would be meh.

If they were to implement this, I think the difficulty and rewards should be the same as public dungeons. They could drop overland sets from whatever zone they are in. Unlike public dungeons, they would be instanced and mobs would not respawn without leaving the dungeon. It should include the skill point for the quest but the quest should not be repeatable. There should not be titles or trophies.
    Options
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

You don't need to do dungeons at all to hit max level Undaunted. The Undaunted delve daily and buying drinks for all the Undaunted members both count.

Cool, but read my signature....

Been in game 90+ days, and have only reached Malabal Tor...

At my pace, doing what you say, would take me years....

Only "DAILY" I do is the Undaunted Dungeon....

I don't hop around the game, I'm following a "ZONE by ZONE" guide....

Thanks though...
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, but read my signature....

Been in game 90+ days, and have only reached Malabal Tor...

At my pace, doing what you say, would take me years....

Only "DAILY" I do is the Undaunted Dungeon....

I don't hop around the game, I'm following a "ZONE by ZONE" guide....

Thanks though...

I cannot see signatures on mobile, fyi. So that's a no can do.

If you don't wish to mess up your wayshrins, I can understand why you prefer the dungeons.

I just wanted to make it clear that nobody is forced to do group content to do level the Undaunted skill line. It's already doable entirely solo. Some people aren't aware, and I think that's especially pertinent information in this thread given the number of people who wouldn't want story mode to give Undaunted credit.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 2, 2021 9:19PM
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove group mechanics (levers and such) from non-vet and tada theres our story mode.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Wow. This community..

People ask for an OPTIONAL. easier mode for dungeons and everyone is 'Only if u get no lootl'

People ask for OPTIONAL hard mod overland and everyone is 'Only if you don't get more loot!'

What is it guys? Should loot be based on challenge or not? Why are people so terrified of there being more difficulty options in this game?
    Are you guys seriously saying that spending 30 mins in a story-mode dungeon should give 0 loot? Do you get 0 loot doing 30mins overland?

And what about group play? This is exactly the same argument on PVP events.. Why are ZOS forcing me to do X that I don't like?
    Ah, but you might like it if you tried it.
    Dude, I've been playing this game for over 5 years and have tried all content, stop trying to push me into stuff I have done and KNOW I don't like.

If love a solo mode for dungeons. I hate group content. I hate that I miss out on so much of the stories, and I hate more than anything that all these DLCs that I keep paying for with my sub include content that I'll never play.

And quite frankly so many of these comments just come a cross as 'If you don't do dungeons, you don't matter'. Its like we're 2nd class citizens, some kind of underclass who has to be stamped on and kept in their place, for fear of their enjoyment somehow, ever so slightly impinging on the all so important ruling class.

FINALLY, someone after my own heart...

+1

Tired of people TELLING me how to play the game w/ my limited time...

I do what I LIKE/LOVE to do....

Out of curiosity, if you aren't doing group content like dungeons, why exactly do you need the Undaunted line? I will certainly accept, "I am a completionist" as a reasonable answer, but in that case, my response is going to be that if you want to complete everything, you need to play the whole game as intended by the devs.

The entire undaunted line is centered around group content. I'll perhaps give you the modest stat boost from Undaunted meddle (irrelevant when questing), but Undaunted Command is about synergies within a group. The entire skill line is synergy oriented.

Blood Alter, AOE Heal designed to be synergized by group members. Inner Fire, taunt for group activities (maybe useful in some cases with a companion). Orbs, expensive AOE heal or damage skill, but one that is really advantageous when synergized. Without group regen buffs, this skill probably is too expensive for most solo builds. Webs, one of the least used skills in the game. Useful (at least it was in the past) for ranged stamina DPS to activate the synergy (getting the theme yet?). Bone shield, a weak health based shield, that really only gets useful when synergized. Most magic toons are better with annulment, most stamina toons are better with a brawler setup. Most tanks, don't run it period.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 3, 2021 3:49PM
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have all the tools for building flatpack shelves. Doesn't mean that I want to.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS needs to think about this change, too many ppl want it
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a solo mode, but they should also make a veteran solo mode for unlocking the achievements and skins. I am a good player with no frens or guildies, so I feel like I am locked out of getting the skins and achievements. A solo veteran mode would be awesome for people in my situation and its way less annoying then dealing with "that guy". "that guy" who always *** up the no death run or any of the other achievements. If I fail at something because of an outside and uncontrollable variable like another player, I hate that. I really really hate that.

Would be like having 50+ new solo arenas to play!
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I regard ESO as a solo game with annoying PCs running around. I've been playing ESO since 2017 and I have never joined any guild as group activities are not my thing. Honestly, I have never been in a PUG that's willing to slow down for me to experience the dialogue. I had to scour YouTube for relevant ESO dungeon story walkthroughs.

So I vote "yes" to story mode. Make it drop zero loot if necessary.
    Edited by munster1404 on September 4, 2021 9:33PM
    Options
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I vote yes because I am one of those people who could not care less about the story. I love eso, this is not to insult the game, but I think the story is absolutely terrible. I don’t play the game for the story. I play for the gameplay. (This also not an insult to the writers—it’s just a matter of genre and personal taste. I personally much preferred the political/personal stories of the Witcher series, for instance, instead of an endless stream of devilish cultists.)

So I vote yes so that people won’t get upset or say stop rushing or whatever just because I want to play the game and not read the dialogue.
    Edited by Pevey on September 4, 2021 10:35PM
    Options