The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 31 - Feedback Thread for Interaction Priority Tech

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new interaction priority tech. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were there any noticeable changes with this tech, in particular involving Companions, Dye Stations, combat pets, placeable objects, or doors?
  • Did you come across any area where the interaction priority felt strange?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 12, 2021 7:34PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    this topic is what comes closest to the issue i have so ill just post it here, i activated the new beta multi threading test thingy but upon loading the game (after it automaticaly logged in, before the character select screen) it freezes, the mouse is still visible and useable but it isnt loading

also after opening chrome to write this, it went black and nothing happens anymore, i litteraly het a black screen now
    with the mouse still visible and movable, sooo i cant enter the pts now... and reinstalling the pts will be sooo boring!.... because playing eso live or dd2 wilst downloading something makes the games stuther like what happens when sheogorath instills madness in someone and they get all crazy and insane

please tell me i can revert this withoud reinstalling the pts.... i realy want to have a look at the weird stam crit changes in the medium armor tree (srsly weird O_O tho beneficial to mages since this basicaly makes 2/5 or 1/6 builds good again)

anyway i need this fixed!..... sigh....
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't you be able to change settings before logging into your account? You are aware you can get to settings as son as you launch the game.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • deyjasagus
    deyjasagus
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't you be able to change settings before logging into your account? You are aware you can get to settings as son as you launch the game.

This will be dependent on which platform they use. Please see my resolution to this issue in the https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580913/cannot-login-the-2nd-time-on-pts#latest thread.
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    deyjasagus wrote: »

This will be dependent on which platform they use. Please see my resolution to this issue in the https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580913/cannot-login-the-2nd-time-on-pts#latest thread.

i use steam (windows) (since for as far as i know the pts is only on windows) also i cannot cancle the login withoud turning off my internet shet, but that weirdly makes the game crash, i tried to restore the game using them launcher tools but meh doesnt work so it must be a bug, but thank you for trying to help :)

i tried digging into the ini but im too affraid, all i ever changed on live was the ammount of processor cores that are used (i have a weird feeling that its the same here, tho that its bugged on the pts and working on live, tho i have a feeling its not the same)

also thank you deyjasagus for the link, i will check it out now
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    deyjasagus wrote: »

TY SO SO SO O SO MUCH! it worked YEAAAAAAASH
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, has anyone actually tested the interaction priority that this thread is supposed to be about?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, has anyone actually tested the interaction priority that this thread is supposed to be about?

That would require someone with a warden bear to stand on top of the writ turn in crates in Vivec. I'm very serious.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thinking was that it would be best tested by an organized group. But since I could, I just went ahead parked a warden plus bear on the blacksmithing anvil in Vivec City. I'll be afk there for the next 1-2 hours and will repeat when I have chunks of time I can do this for. If anyone wants, they can come test how well the new interact code works :)
    PC NA
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would require someone with a warden bear to stand on top of the writ turn in crates in Vivec. I'm very serious.

LOL. Fair enough. Plus, there has to be a clanfear, twilight or companion blocking a dead enemy or chest at the end of a dolmen when you try to loot it somewhere.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't test it specially, but I got a random screenshot while traveling to one of new houses. The companion's hitbox is now much smaller if there is, for example, crafting node nearby. If it's the same with combat pets and assistants, I like this improvement :)

p2ISoV3.jpg
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be working well, a big improvement compared to what I am currently seeing on Live:

5HDckwZ.jpg
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on July 21, 2021 8:55PM
    PC EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be working well, a big improvement on live on Live:

5HDckwZ.jpg

This change *technically* isn’t on live yet. It’s been obvious that some PTS changes do get loaded to live early, so it might be. Or you might be getting better at maneuvering your companion. I still had to fully dismiss Bastian last night because I could not hit any nodes in the Greenshade enchanting survey if he was out, no matter how much I ran around etc.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Putting it here since I think this is the cause...

I'm replaying bits of the MQ on a PTS character for screenshots, and I had a bit of trouble completing 'The Harvest Heart' quest, where you need to activate the totems around the harvest heart.

The first one nearest Vanus/Virgar, which is slightly inside the cave, would not show the activator to destroy it. I had to walk around it several times before I found a place I could hit it from behind. The others around the outside activated fine, but I did notice a prompt to [Use] something called 'GlowFX' that popped up every so often as well. I was speeding through so I did accidentally hit that once, but it did nothing.

EDIT: as a general comment, I am noticing that the priority tech is prioritizing lootable corpses over activators - as in if you're on a quest objective and get mobbed by adds, you won't be able to activate the lever/etc. until you loot the corpses. Not a problem in many cases, but if there are people who speed run and ignore the pieces of trash on mobs, it could slow them down. Worse still for the players who have inventory issues and can't loot the white Glyph on a mob's corpse and thus have to go all the way back to find a merchant/banker just to continue the quest.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on July 22, 2021 3:47AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping this would improve necromancer corpse hitboxes, which I've noticed annoyingly prevent you from repairing keep doors and walls in Cyrodiil.The new interaction tech does not seem to affect them though; standing on or near a "corpse" (including expired Spirit Guardian etc) will still prevent you from being able to target the large structure you are standing up against.
    PC NA
  • laufey
    laufey
    ✭✭
    Did an run through Nchuthnkarst with Mirri (farming urns) and noticed it was a lot better in regards to being able to loot the urns and mobs without accidentally talking to her or spending time finagling the camera/running away and back again to get the correct prompt to show up. I only accidentally talked to her once on the PTS - as opposed to the six or so times I did it the other day on EU doing the same loop, and many other times where I caught what I was doing and ran away before the window could open (don't ask me why I thought farming her some kill XP and hunting furnishing plans at the same time would be a good idea. It was not.).

Had her geared out with the same melee skills as live, and ran a template character the same as my magdk, just to keep things consistent, but in general she was getting in the way a whole lot less. Didn't get to try it out anywhere else (figured I'd go try something I knew was infuriating), but first impressions seem good in regards to Companions at least (I actually jumped back on live after the PTS to confirm.)
    Edited by laufey on July 22, 2021 8:47AM
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, these are great changes. HOWEVER for us Housing nerds this is DISASTEROUS. Until now, we've blocked off areas of a house that we don't want to use by just placing an object in front of it. Place something in front of the door to the main house for instance. However, with the new Interaction Priority System, we can no longer block doors in player housing, since we can now interact with the door THROUGH our placed object.