The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost two collections of motifs in my main character

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
After the patch in my main character (that knows about all the existent motifs, except the new ones) I have lost two series of motifs in the lore journal. The character still has the related achievements, so I opened a ticket with this evidence. Now I am waiting for an agent. I am very shocked though. I earned some of these motifs in game, I have bought an other part with gold, and I have bought with crowns a whole collection of motifs. How do they vanish this way ?
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at these pictures

9im1nixsaoxm.jpg

2ba0q3z0vvjw.jpg

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9zy9pneyr1nm.jpg

npqlm1no2r2r.jpg

• Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable !! :o
    PC | EU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my inventory I have another Wayward Guardian motif, that I will use to sell. My main character doesn't have the knowledge about it, and I could add it in my lore library. This is very shocking, because this character has already this knowledge, and I have posted the achievement picture as evidence. How these things could happen ???

Edited by Rishikesa108 on June 2, 2021 1:06PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecbns94y7n0s.jpg
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS absolutely needs to fix this bug for you !!

You did very well to send them a ticket !!
    They will definitely fix it for you !!
    PC | EU
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you still craft in this style and apply it at Outfit stations? Is it just a display issue with lore journal or have you lost functionality?
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Can you still craft in this style and apply it at Outfit stations? Is it just a display issue with lore journal or have you lost functionality?

I have checked. I've lost just the lore library, not the functionality. But it's terrible that I could add to my lore library another of those motifs. If I did it by mistake, I would lose the motif in my inventory.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have checked. I've lost just the lore library, not the functionality. But it's terrible that I could add to my lore library another of those motifs. If I did it by mistake, I would lose the motif in my inventory.

Agreed. I can't keep track of what I know and don't know and tend to just trust the tooltip that says, "Click to add to your library." If it were not in library because of a bug, I would likely re-learn it. Thanks for warning. I will be careful about learning motif pages and look at achievements first.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. I can't keep track of what I know and don't know and tend to just trust the tooltip that says, "Click to add to your library." If it were not in library because of a bug, I would likely re-learn it. Thanks for warning. I will be careful about learning motif pages and look at achievements first.

Thanks for warning by me too!
    PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing apparently, was sorting motifs in store by "unknown" and got wayward popping out, checked and had same exact issue. Achievement and outfit station are okay but guess I can eat motif parts again.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please answer also here, noy just in Blackwood bugs. Here there is a player that has bought an item with crowns (Ivory Brigade Motifs), and I don't have the lore anymore !!!!
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please answer also here, noy just in Blackwood bugs. Here there is a player that has bought an item with crowns (Ivory Brigade Motifs), and I don't have the lore anymore !!!!
    Have you bought and installed the Blackwood chapter?
    Did you buy the Motif from the Crown Store after Blackwood was released on 1 June 2021?

A player cannot access the Crown Store except in-game, after selecting a character to play. If that character has already learned a Motif for sale, then it will be greyed-out. In my experience, the Crown Store will not tell you whether any other character that you have has already learned a Motif which you can buy for the character that you are currently playing.

Beyond that, I do not know whether it is currently possible for a player to purchase a Motif which the character cannot learn, or use after learning it. FWIW, I also don't know whether the Crown Store is accessible via the PTS software. If it is, then I would suppose that anything a player buys while playing on the PTS is available only while they are playing on the PTS.

Players who pay monthly for an ESO Plus subscription have access to all DLCs while the subscription is in effect. This can result in some awkward situations while a subscription is not in effect, whatever the reason. Be that as it may, ordinarily I buy each DLC (with Crowns) ASAP, perchance something goes amiss with my game account or other ZOS record-keeping problems occur.

Just be aware that the ZOS/Bethesda mega-server has a long history of incorrectly recording the game-state for player-characters, in just about every respect, at one time or another. If memory serves, learned Motifs have vanished before. Account-wide items such as Homesteads and furnishings have also vanished. In my experience, whether a player bought an item with Crowns does not make much difference -- unless they are having problems with a Notable homestead or having problems accessing a Chapter or DLC.

Several years ago, I installed and used the PTS for a pending Update. I reported a significant bug, and the developers corrected it. However, when ZOS released the Update, the bug was not corrected in the mega-server host software. The same flaw has continued to exist in DLCs and Chapters released since. At the time, I concluded that the primary purpose of the PTS is to promote the pending chapter or DLC. The "marketing" staff pays attention to whether players accept the proffered software. Whether reported bugs are corrected is not much of a concern. So, I uninstalled the PTS software.

Good luck!

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing with me, Just gone.

Fix for this?
    Edited by Skullderic on June 3, 2021 4:28AM
    Gert Soem!!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You haven't actually lost the motifs. You do know them. If you try to use a bugged motif, even though it has the green "use it to add to your lore library" text, it will not actually let you use it and you'll get an error message saying that you already know it.

This appears to be a ZOS UI problem, where the UI is incorrectly reporting motifs as unknown. But you actually still do know them.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you bought and installed the Blackwood chapter?
    Did you buy the Motif from the Crown Store after Blackwood was released on 1 June 2021?

A player cannot access the Crown Store except in-game, after selecting a character to play. If that character has already learned a Motif for sale, then it will be greyed-out. In my experience, the Crown Store will not tell you whether any other character that you have has already learned a Motif which you can buy for the character that you are currently playing.

Beyond that, I do not know whether it is currently possible for a player to purchase a Motif which the character cannot learn, or use after learning it. FWIW, I also don't know whether the Crown Store is accessible via the PTS software. If it is, then I would suppose that anything a player buys while playing on the PTS is available only while they are playing on the PTS.

Players who pay monthly for an ESO Plus subscription have access to all DLCs while the subscription is in effect. This can result in some awkward situations while a subscription is not in effect, whatever the reason. Be that as it may, ordinarily I buy each DLC (with Crowns) ASAP, perchance something goes amiss with my game account or other ZOS record-keeping problems occur.

Just be aware that the ZOS/Bethesda mega-server has a long history of incorrectly recording the game-state for player-characters, in just about every respect, at one time or another. If memory serves, learned Motifs have vanished before. Account-wide items such as Homesteads and furnishings have also vanished. In my experience, whether a player bought an item with Crowns does not make much difference -- unless they are having problems with a Notable homestead or having problems accessing a Chapter or DLC.

Several years ago, I installed and used the PTS for a pending Update. I reported a significant bug, and the developers corrected it. However, when ZOS released the Update, the bug was not corrected in the mega-server host software. The same flaw has continued to exist in DLCs and Chapters released since. At the time, I concluded that the primary purpose of the PTS is to promote the pending chapter or DLC. The "marketing" staff pays attention to whether players accept the proffered software. Whether reported bugs are corrected is not much of a concern. So, I uninstalled the PTS software.

Good luck!

I don't play on PTS. My issue is in the real game. I bought Ivory Brigade Style by crowns at the crown store on 06-02-21, and I used it with my main character. My main character now has the related achievement, but she has lost the lore library knowledge.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    You haven't actually lost the motifs. You do know them. If you try to use a bugged motif, even though it has the green "use it to add to your lore library" text, it will not actually let you use it and you'll get an error message saying that you already know it.

This appears to be a ZOS UI problem, where the UI is incorrectly reporting motifs as unknown. But you actually still do know them.

I don't want to test it. I don't want to risk and maybe destroy a precious Wayward Guardian Motif that I have in my inventory to test if my main character can eat it or not... :-)
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    PC | EU
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I don't want to test it. I don't want to risk and maybe destroy a precious Wayward Guardian Motif that I have in my inventory to test if my main character can eat it or not... :-)

I wasn't asking you to test it because it had already been tested.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    I can report the same thing happened to my collection of wayward guardian. I knew all but chests, and have the associated achievements, but the lore is gone, and motif pages show as unlearned (however if i try to learn them, it fails and says I already know it)
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, I have the same bug with Wayward.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »
    I can report the same thing happened to my collection of wayward guardian. I knew all but chests, and have the associated achievements, but the lore is gone, and motif pages show as unlearned (however if i try to learn them, it fails and says I already know it)

Please open a ticket as I did, so they can better investigate. if more people have the same problem, maybe they will fix it first
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    still wasn't fixed this am, so I submitted a ticket.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not care about this issue. We have bought an item by crowns... and they don't care !!!!!
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had completed the wayward motif before the new chapter but two days ago I stumbled upon a legs motif that I could learn on my main but I didn't click on it. Thank the divines I was not ZoSed! :s
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    Same thing with me, Just gone.

Fix for this?

:(
    Gert Soem!!
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm in the same boat (heya Skullderic).

a. if I search for "Ivory Brigade Style Master" under achievements for my achievement toon (Ivann at'Turgenev), it shows that I have Axes and Chests marked off for the motif, which is what I expected.
    b. However, if I go to Lore Library/Crafting Motifs for my main, it shows NO chapters read. The system should show both Axes and Chests having been read.
    c. If I go to craft an actual chestpiece, I am able to select Ivory Brigade Clasp and create the chestpiece as expected.
    d. If I go to the Outfit station and search for it as an outfit style, I can see both Chests and Axes are collected and available.
    e. If I highlight an Ivory Brigade Chests motif, it shows as NOT known, and tells me to use it to "use to add to your lore library" as if I did not already know it.

So far this gels with what's been said in this thread. AFAIK this happened sometime in the last week since Ivory Brigade was made available via daily drops. (The chestpiece was sent to me by a friend.)

Is there any official comment on this so far? I'm adding a CSR ticket entry to track it on their end as a complaint.
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The team answered my ticket. They say that atm they are investigating this issue, but they have not an immediat fix. We have to search for future patch notes about it.