Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is the crown store trash?

• ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really sick of pets and mounts especially cause you can only display 10 in max size houses. They should really increase the number of pets displayed in housing
  • DontWorryAboutit
    DontWorryAboutit
    ✭✭✭
    Wheres the fantasy at?!
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the crown store needs more stuff and some different styled things however I really hope it never goes down the skimpy or anime style... This is The Elder Scrolls... we dont need 2x human size swords carried by 90% naked characters of any gender for any reason...
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personalities? Always a pleasure. Not bugged/misaligned monster arms packs? I'll take it.

Skimpy outfits? Pass.

But overall I'm pretty happy that we don't have a lot of good stuff as it would require constant stream of purchased from a company that can't deliver any quality, so I'm fine.
  • Sahqon
    Sahqon
    ✭✭✭
    I just want skimpy outfits for males that are not obvious crossdressing. Quite a lot of the female skimpies could be applied to males nicely if the bra was taken off. That shouldn't be such a problem for the art dept.
  • Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for awesome rogue masks like this one below. I'd drop 10k crowns on that alone. The crown store would see quite a lot of revenue coming in if they focused heavily on introducing unique items like Back pieces that are not tied to costumes and player customization like hairstyles, full eye colours, and more skins.

33391-2-1363402186.jpg
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown store isn't intended to be cool, it's intended to make you spend more.

I mean, it's virtual space, so you don't need room on the shelves. So why is there so much rotation ? Why can't things just be permanently there ? I mean, arms packs ? Sure, why not, but why only have one at a time ? I've been waiting for the troll king arms to come back for what, two years now ? I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they were available. But they're not.

So when they return, I'll feel compeled to buy them NOW. And if I don't have the crowns, I'll have to buy them right away too.

And that's the whole point. If things were available all the time, you could plan your crowns. Let them accumulate with your ESO+, then buy when you have enough, instead of topping them by an additionnal purchase when the one thing you like becomes available for a few days. [Snip]

Special award to the outfit slots. At that price, they should be account-wide, but they're not. And it's not even mentionned in the description. By the laws of my country, a contract, including sales contract, has to inform both parties of what they are engaging into. A default of information could void the contract. So, by the laws of my country, the way outfit slots are currently sold is illegal, because it isn't stated anywhere whether the purchase is account-wide or character-wide, which could lead to missinformed purchases. Of course, I'm not expecting anyone to sue for that, but dammit ZOS, couldn't you at least make descriptions accurate ?

Also, if they were account-wide, I'd already have bought a few. As they are, I'm never, ever buying one. Unless if they lower the normal price to maybe 200 crowns. Yeah, right, never gonna happen. As a comparison point, Champions Online sells per-character outfit slots, but they're roughly 20 times cheaper than in ESO. And how you look is arguably more important in a superhero game, as the costume is a very important part of a superhero's identity.

Which leads us to the other main issue : everything is overpriced. Prices are calculated for average US income. When you sell worldwide, calibrating your prices for the richest country in the world (excluding very rich, micro-nations) is a bad idea. Lots of countries have decent computers, internet, and well, decent living, but numbers just can't compare. Take Portugal for instance. It's not a third world country by any means, but their average income is something like 1/3 of France (where I live), so maybe 1/4 of US ? Not sure about the exact numbers. People can afford a living, as prices are in accordance with local income. Rents are cheaper, incomes are lower, food doesn't cost as much, and they do have decent internet... But in comparison, everything on the crown store would cost them 3 times as much it would for me. And it's already slightly overpriced for me, and I live in one of the richest countries in the world.

[Snip]

[Edited for Misinformation and Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 18, 2021 1:55PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    The crown store isn't intended to be cool, it's intended to make you spend more.

I mean, it's virtual space, so you don't need room on the shelves. So why is there so much rotation ? Why can't things just be permanently there ? I mean, arms packs ? Sure, why not, but why only have one at a time ? I've been waiting for the troll king arms to come back for what, two years now ? I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they were available. But they're not.

So when they return, I'll feel compeled to buy them NOW. And if I don't have the crowns, I'll have to buy them right away too.

And that's the whole point. If things were available all the time, you could plan your crowns. Let them accumulate with your ESO+, then buy when you have enough, instead of topping them by an additionnal purchase when the one thing you like becomes available for a few days. [Snip]

Special award to the outfit slots. At that price, they should be account-wide, but they're not. And it's not even mentionned in the description. By the laws of my country, a contract, including sales contract, has to inform both parties of what they are engaging into. A default of information could void the contract. So, by the laws of my country, the way outfit slots are currently sold is illegal, because it isn't stated anywhere whether the purchase is account-wide or character-wide, which could lead to missinformed purchases. Of course, I'm not expecting anyone to sue for that, but dammit ZOS, couldn't you at least make descriptions accurate ?

Also, if they were account-wide, I'd already have bought a few. As they are, I'm never, ever buying one. Unless if they lower the normal price to maybe 200 crowns. Yeah, right, never gonna happen. As a comparison point, Champions Online sells per-character outfit slots, but they're roughly 20 times cheaper than in ESO. And how you look is arguably more important in a superhero game, as the costume is a very important part of a superhero's identity.

Which leads us to the other main issue : everything is overpriced. Prices are calculated for average US income. When you sell worldwide, calibrating your prices for the richest country in the world (excluding very rich, micro-nations) is a bad idea. Lots of countries have decent computers, internet, and well, decent living, but numbers just can't compare. Take Portugal for instance. It's not a third world country by any means, but their average income is something like 1/3 of France (where I live), so maybe 1/4 of US ? Not sure about the exact numbers. People can afford a living, as prices are in accordance with local income. Rents are cheaper, incomes are lower, food doesn't cost as much, and they do have decent internet... But in comparison, everything on the crown store would cost them 3 times as much it would for me. And it's already slightly overpriced for me, and I live in one of the richest countries in the world.

[Snip].

[Snip] Aren't priced supposed to be regulated between nations? I'm not knowledgeable on that however.

It's overpriced in America too, I think what you're getting at are whales. Those who buy up everything even when it's horribly overpriced. Cough gem exclusives cough. Doesn't help that loot boxes are rng, making people unknowingly gamble more than they thought.

To be fair, if its selling at overpriced rates, why would they change it?

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 18, 2021 1:56PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In terms of skimpy outfits though, I think a variety is a good thing, and there is definitely a lack of skimpier outfits... designed for men. Sure, we can wear costumes on both genders in game, but while a female character in a suit usually looks pretty good and tailored to her shape, a male character in a dress looks like a dude in a dress.

Agree!
    So far there was only one dress which looks good on male characters (for my taste, at least):

qXcHUbV.jpg
    a mockup of the Timbercrow that just took off the sports bra for men and it honestly looks 1000x better than what they ended up giving us in game.

Agree :blush: I made all those pictures on PTS - on live server, I don't even own this costume. The bra and the diaper are not cool :(
    Even on female characters, I would prefer smaller top:

4t1GkD9.jpg

The original look, but without diaper:
    zrYI5ht.jpg

The top looks too large for such costume anyway :/

And of course, this is how the male version should look:
    wKd4GkE.jpg

I would love to see more costumes like this, to showcase all the body art :)
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it has been over a year that I was interesseted in the crown store items. I still buy the alliance change and race change and stuff but other than that nothing is good like really bad actually.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take my money!! I want hair dye stamps, i want thise skimpy outfits, but other kinds too, with no flaps or hip plates, i want to buy mounts, i want to buy loads of stuff. I will not buy your silly crates lol. Just put new stuff on the crown store pls. If you want my money. I want to spend my money on something already!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    So far there was only one dress which looks good on male characters

Priestess of Mara costume looks also good on male chars.

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I’ve bought lots of crowns in crown sales and rarely do I have anything to spend them on.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    "more skimpy costumes"?

Myself, I'm waiting for cool suits that look good on both male and female toons and aren't catering to the vampire crowd but those aren't popular so I guess I'll just keep waiting.

Noble suit. Looks good on anyone. And under 1000 crowns.
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    ThreeXB wrote: »
    I'm really sick of pets and mounts especially cause you can only display 10 in max size houses. They should really increase the number of pets displayed in housing

This is so true! I need my chicken farm 😁
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Not really America's fault tbh. Aren't priced supposed to be regulated between nations? I'm not knowledgeable on that however.

Sorry, my bad, didn't mean it as "It's america's fault", more "ZOS being as US company, they tend to set prices as they would for the US, even though a large part of their customers are not".

That's basically why Steam has regional pricing. While it solves an issue, it adds others, though.

I think what you're getting at are whales

Yeah, pretty much ! Thanks for correcting that :)

To be fair, if its selling at overpriced rates, why would they change it?

Well, it does sell, right. I did purchase two crown-exclusive manors. Now, if they were half the current price, I would have purchased them ALL. That thief's oasis ? Nah, it's cool, but not cool enough that i'll spend that much. Grand Topal Hideway ? Sure, it's nice, but I have the Aldmeri Grotto already, so it's too expensive for what it is...

Now, half the price, i'd get them all. Overall, ZOS would recieve more bucks from me. The question is that of the percieved value of the thing. And on that matter, a single character 1 outfit slot expansion will never, ever be percieved by me as "proper value" if above 500 crowns. I mean, come on, we have costumes that are account-wide and cost that low.

It's also a matter of customer service and how you want to be seen. While we do buy from ZOS, most of us see them as greedy whales. Sure, we may be happy with our purchae, but many will still find it too expensive, or just won't buy this time because, well, not the right time to spend that much. Now, if you offer lower prices, you won't jkust sell more, you also will appear to be fairer towards your customers.

Those goods don't require materials and machines to be manufactured, they need no work besided the initial effort of creating them, merely a bit of storage space, and that has been dirt cheap for years now. they could perfectly afford fairer prices, a better imge, and an increased sales volume. They just don't want to, which in my opinion indicates a complete lack of care for their customers.
    Edited by Uryel on May 18, 2021 1:50PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    It's also a matter of customer service and how you want to be seen. While we do buy from ZOS, most of us see them as greedy whales. Sure, we may be happy with our purchae, but many will still find it too expensive, or just won't buy this time because, well, not the right time to spend that much. Now, if you offer lower prices, you won't jkust sell more, you also will appear to be fairer towards your customers.

Those goods don't require materials and machines to be manufactured, they need no work besided the initial effort of creating them, merely a bit of storage space, and that has been dirt cheap for years now. they could perfectly afford fairer prices, a better imge, and an increased sales volume. They just don't want to, which in my opinion indicates a complete lack of care for their customers.

Agreed. They could definitely be nicer to their customers and lower prices, remove gamble boxes, remove gem exclusives, and fill the crown store with more purchases, but they dont.

Pretty sure most companies do it because it increases sales, and as long as they can get away with it (people keep buying) then they dont have to change their ways at all, regardless of how bad they look. *looks over at EA condescendingly*
    Edited by Ryuvain on May 18, 2021 2:12PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game lost its lore friendliness with its glowing mounts and skins, wont see much difference if they added skimpy outfits 🤷‍♀️
    Edited by Ringing_Nirnroot on May 18, 2021 2:44PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The crown store is another thing that divides opinions. Somehow it is interesting to see that some people want more, different, better things there and then there is the other faction who wants to abolish the shop, as players are lured into it to spend money on unnecessary cosmetics and crates. Thus, if there is a larger offer, half of the players will scream "moneymaking", if there is less stuff, then the other half screams that all of this is boring. A real dilemma. ;)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game lost its lore friendliness with its glowing mounts and skins, wont see much difference if they added skimpy outfits 🤷‍♀️

@Ringing_Nirnroot

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dro-m'Athra

Seems pretty lore friendly to me
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ringing_Nirnroot

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dro-m'Athra

Seems pretty lore friendly to me

There are some exceptions but not all
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another gripe I have is that there's no reason to browse the store. Sometimes it's nice, if you're waiting for your friends to get online or something, to just open the store and look through to see what's there.

But aside from the 4-day-only stuff in the showcases, nothing else changes. I don't need to scroll through the store (and make impulse buys) because I know what's in there since it never changes. I feel like that's a pretty big missed opportunity. If the store had a habit of rotating, then more people would be inclined to look through (and impulse buy).

I remember we also used to get surprises too. The showcases would always show what was coming to the store for Thursday to Sunday. But every Monday, we'd get something else, maybe a return that nobody was expecting or something. Now, if there's a bit not specified in the showcase, we'll just be getting Starter Pack, Adept at 40% off again. Nothing new or returning.

And again, I'd like them to look at the average account age of players. If most active accounts are only two years old or so, there are loads of things (mostly cosmetics) that haven't been available for over three years at this point. That means the average player doesn't have them. So there's a good chance that if it returned, people would buy it... It's strange - it costs literally zero capital to rerelease something like the Heroic Poet hairstyle, and yet I think I've seen one or two players in my entire ~2 years of playing who have that. Are you really suggesting that you made all the money you want with it and never want to get more? It's a hairstyle, not a neon banner proclaiming "I played at this exclusive time!"

Datamines are one of the things I get - we technically shouldn't know about them. But still, they know we get the datamined and build hype from those. Remember when the Summerset gown was datamined and everyone was drooling over it? They could probably have named their price and people would have paid it. But then we have lots of excitement over other things like the Bard personality, and ZOS decides that the money they spent to animate it/make the art/make the icon/etc. isn't worth it and it just dies in silence. Extra confusing for things like the Short Mussed Wave hairstyle which even was playable on PTS a while back (and had no bugs), and yet ZOS would rather keep us begging for it than acknowledge that the fans want it and release it (and again, I'm sure things like Short Mussed Wave or Velsa's style would allow them to literally name their price since they're so badly wanted)
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arahallris wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for awesome rogue masks like this one below. I'd drop 10k crowns on that alone. The crown store would see quite a lot of revenue coming in if they focused heavily on introducing unique items like Back pieces that are not tied to costumes and player customization like hairstyles, full eye colours, and more skins.

33391-2-1363402186.jpg

10k crowns are you serious ?
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    My elf loves costumes but has to reject most of them in the preview room. As a typical wood elf, she is slender and petite and few costumes follow her lines very well. Too many give her big feet, thick waist and chunky thighs. Some do a nice job of fitting properly (like Wood Elf Vanguard) so I know its possible but most don't.

Mine's the opposite. I hate how there's a handful of motifs and costumes that have inconsistent body shapes. My wood elf was pretty slender originally but I decided to make her more muscular later on. Even then, armor and outfits can be hit or miss. Most look alright, though some make her arms way thinner than they are on other motifs. The ones from the Thieves Guild DLC (while I love them) make her look too thicc in comparison (which armor naturally does, but it's annoying that only those few are like that), and then there was one dress I chose near the end of Thieves Guild that made her waist about as thin as her arms. Although I don't intend on buying that dress since I prefer armor, it is a super pretty model that's a little ruined because of how horrifyingly tight the corset looks on my character.

I'd love it if they added more stuff for character cosmetics though. Like others have mentioned, hair dyes would be cool, as well more hairstyles. I hate how few hairstyles there are in the store besides the one pack of hairstyles from the character creation menu. I know why they hide the other hairstyles until special occasions so people are more willing to buy them when they're out, but sometimes there are ones I totally would buy but there's no way of knowing when they'll be available again.
    Edited by Kadraeus on May 18, 2021 9:40PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But... I like weapon packs and senches!
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 1000 crowns: Can I have a pair of pants without crotch flaps or floating tassets, please?
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Can I please use my "female only" hairstyles on my male toons?
  • Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    Arahallris wrote: »

33391-2-1363402186.jpg

10k crowns are you serious ?

Yes
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CountonMe wrote: »
    [snip] They keep putting up the same [snip]. We need more skimpy costumes, more personalities, and other character modifiers, like maybe hair dyes!! Who the hell wants those tacky weapon packs and a stupid senche!! Get over the damn senche!! We have a green senche now as the gem exclusive. Now in a week we are getting a dark senche!! LAAAAAMMMMEEE!

[Edit for Bashing.]

We should be able to change the hair color in game, without crown crap. I'm ESO+ for ages, I always supported the game since beta and I still can't change the hair color of a character in game. I can build furnishings and clothes, kill monsters and decorate houses, can be a vampire and cure vampirism, I can even change the color of most weapons but I can't dye hair. WTH!?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 19, 2021 1:18AM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 27k+ crowns some leftover from last year and the new sub 20k. There is not one thing in the crown store I want to buy and I got these crowns as a bonus for year sub.

Please some simple gowns and armors. Something designed to fit a small wood elf who does not play middle linebacker for the Broncos.

Better hair styles and makeups, esp some that don't erase the eyes you have already.

And none of those ridiculous flying hip things.