The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Polymorph: Sylvan Spriggan

Dragonmage4
Dragonmage4
Soul Shriven
This seems to be coming out soon: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59821

Pretty excited about it!

Any guesses on how many gems I will be needing?

Thanks!
Accountabillabuddies - Ravenwatch

: )
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is 400 gems, but it's as good as anyone's guess...

But I'm afraid that this polymorph might use same voice as Spriggan mobs - and for my taste, that is not good voice :( Let's hope that somebody will make showcase video for this polymorph :)

Also we must not forget that developers still haven't fixed the misplaced character voices for "break free" animations. This bug is now at least 3 months old?.. :s I own all old polymorphs, and without cool voice for "break free", they lost big part of their awesomeness.
  • Dragonmage4
    Dragonmage4
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply, I am hoping that it will be 400 or so, I may get to that many ;)

Luckily for me, I have the voices turned down pretty low, and play music in the background. So not too concerned about the voice issue.. but I definitely agree with you.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it be for Gems for sure? :frowning: I hope it is for Crowns, but we’ll see.
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seconded, how do we know it will be for Gems and not Crowns?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FaylenSol wrote: »

Crown Gem Exclusive
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    FaylenSol wrote: »

Crown Gem Exclusive

Thank you! With all else in this past month’s showcase, I had forgotten that it said right there that it would be a Gem exclusive! :persevere:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 24, 2021 5:34PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this was datamined I've been collecting twitch drops... I have 120 gems and I expect to be disappointed when I can't afford this spriggan polymorph.

Constellation prize the spriggan transformation is back through the wild hunt crates, so whatever the price of the polymorph I will be dressing up as a spriggan.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on April 24, 2021 5:38PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) Any guesses on how many gems I will be needing? (...)
    My guess: 100 gems.
    Precedent: the Draugr polymorph was a crown gem exclusive also and the cost was 100 gems.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dragonmage4
    Dragonmage4
    Soul Shriven
    (...) Any guesses on how many gems I will be needing? (...)
    My guess: 100 gems.
    Precedent: the Draugr polymorph was a crown gem exclusive also and the cost was 100 gems.

I like the cut of your jib!
    We'll go with yours! ;)

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draugr polymorph was a crown gem exclusive

It was not gem-exclusive. It was return of old polymorph (which was originally available in crown store for 1000 crowns, then retired) in crates as Legendary category item.

But yes, I would prefer this price as well :)
    Edited by Fischblut on April 24, 2021 10:24PM
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    I would like it to be on the low end of gems so that we have more Spriggan players. I want to see tons of Spriggan wardens helping out, and with the Red ones, they could be Vampires and Nightblades.

Also a Blue one would be neat too.
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    I’m guessing 100-200 gems. I’m hoping for 100 gems 🙂
  • Dragonmage4
    Dragonmage4
    Soul Shriven
    We will find out soon! :)

<fingers crossed> Lower number please!

• HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    500 gems :s
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    Ya too bad. I won’t buy it now. 😔 I would’ve done 200, but not 500. It’s more than an apex mount and almost as much as a gem exclusive mount. So sad 😞
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I can’t afford 500 gems ..I bought one of the 400 mounts and have spent over $300 on crates this month..shame it’s not crowns bcuz I wanted one and was gonna gift another to my wife..very disappointed 😞
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    I forked over the 500 gems. I expected as much and prepared my budget accordingly, but I was still hoping it would be cheaper. It wasn't really about how much it would cost me, I just want to see more spriggan players so we can do all spriggan trials and battlegrounds and stuff.
  • MisterGibs
    MisterGibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious. Does it default to male dances like all the other polymorphs? I know you can do male dances as female characters if you switch off the poly while dancing, but I don't think there's a way to do the opposite.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tethilia wrote: »
    I forked over the 500 gems. I expected as much and prepared my budget accordingly, but I was still hoping it would be cheaper. It wasn't really about how much it would cost me, I just want to see more spriggan players so we can do all spriggan trials and battlegrounds and stuff.

Honestly, I expect it will probably show up in Crown Crates at the Legendary level a year or so from now. There have been a few previously Crown Exclusive items that have done that.
    MisterGibs wrote: »
    I'm curious. Does it default to male dances like all the other polymorphs? I know you can do male dances as female characters if you switch off the poly while dancing, but I don't think there's a way to do the opposite.

Yes, it does, and frankly I'm pretty pissed about it. We finally get a polymorph that has a female appearance override, regardless of the sex of the player character. And unlike all of the male appearance overriding polymorphs, it doesn't make the character do sex-conforming racial dances. Quite the opposite - whether your character is male or female, you do male dances. It's complete bull, and a sign of lazy programming. It also negates a huge factor of why I spent the gems on it, because I specifically wanted to be able to (finally) have a way to make my male characters do female dances.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I expect it will probably show up in Crown Crates at the Legendary level a year or so from now. There have been a few previously Crown Exclusive items that have done that.

Luckily, there were no such "re-releases" of high-priced exclusive items.

Gloam Wolf pup is the only gem-exclusive item which returned as Legendary crate reward. But the price is same anyway (it costed 100 gems even as gem-exclusive). I'm just a little angry about it :D

But I would be extremely angry if 500 gem exclusive item returned as Legendary crate reward :o Everyone who bought it for 500 gems would be very angry, and they would be right to request at least 400 gems refund in such case.
    It also negates a huge factor of why I spent the gems on it, because I specifically wanted to be able to (finally) have a way to make my male characters do female dances.

Thank you for bringing this detail to my attention!
    At first I would submit this feedback to designers. Maybe they can fix this simple bug? Female polymorph should finally give us option for female dance for any genders.
    Male NPC characters can do female dance moves (and it looks very stylish for Dunmer dance ;) ), as we can see on few NPCs in different game zones (during main quest in Gold Coast, in some delve in Coldharbour). Please, player characters need this option too! Such polymorph would be insta-buy from me, even without any new voice :o My fearsome male nord character wants to dance like cute Dunmer girl - it will be priceless in PvP areas :smiley:
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    notachik wrote: »
    Yeah I can’t afford 500 gems ..I bought one of the 400 mounts and have spent over $300 on crates this month..shame it’s not crowns bcuz I wanted one and was gonna gift another to my wife..very disappointed 😞

$300 on crown crates in a month? Damn, I wonder each month if ESO+ is worth the money..
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I expect it will probably show up in Crown Crates at the Legendary level a year or so from now. There have been a few previously Crown Exclusive items that have done that.

Gloam Wolf pup is the only gem-exclusive item which returned as Legendary crate reward. But the price is same anyway (it costed 100 gems even as gem-exclusive). I'm just a little angry about it :D

But I would be extremely angry if 500 gem exclusive item returned as Legendary crate reward :o Everyone who bought it for 500 gems would be very angry, and they would be right to request at least 400 gems refund in such case.
    It also negates a huge factor of why I spent the gems on it, because I specifically wanted to be able to (finally) have a way to make my male characters do female dances.

At first I would submit this feedback to designers. Maybe they can fix this simple bug? Female polymorph should finally give us option for female dance for any genders.
    Male NPC characters can do female dance moves (and it looks very stylish for Dunmer dance ;) ), as we can see on few NPCs in different game zones (during main quest in Gold Coast, in some delve in Coldharbour). Please, player characters need this option too! Such polymorph would be insta-buy from me, even without any new voice :o My fearsome male nord character wants to dance like cute Dunmer girl - it will be priceless in PvP areas :smiley:

Yeah. I've never asked for a refund on a CS purchase before, even ones that didn't end up doing what I expected based on previews, but this one has me pretty angry. It's like a slap in the face, since it's like ZOS dangled something right in front of us that we've been asking them to give us for ages (a female polymorph that does all the same things the numerous male polymorphs do, but flipped), and then played a little game of switcheroo on us. I am seriously debating whether or not I want to request a refund on this.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Orrr why not just cut out the middleman and ask them to finally allow us to pick which dance we want to do without needing to use a polymorph as a workaround...
    Like just do:
    /dancedunmer1 = male dance /dancedunmer2 = female dance
    /dancenord1 = male dance /dancenord2 = female dance
    /dancekhajiit1 = male dance /dancekhajiit2 = female dance
    Etc etc
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    500 Gems for 1 Skin? That can be 200+ Dollars. C'mon Zenimax that is some EA Styl ***.
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Since this was datamined I've been collecting twitch drops... I have 120 gems and I expect to be disappointed when I can't afford this spriggan polymorph.

Constellation prize the spriggan transformation is back through the wild hunt crates, so whatever the price of the polymorph I will be dressing up as a spriggan.

"consolation" not "constellation"
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tethilia wrote: »
    I would like it to be on the low end of gems so that we have more Spriggan players. I want to see tons of Spriggan wardens helping out, and with the Red ones, they could be Vampires and Nightblades.

Also a Blue one would be neat too.

There are a Red version (Bloodroot), Blue version (Azureblight), and White version (Winterborn) of the polymorph that was added to the game data at the same time as the current one.
  • Dragonmage4
    Dragonmage4
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah 500 gems... that was a shocker!

However I was fortunate to have close to 500, found a friend with some spare crates to buy and got more gems than I needed. :)

As I don't participate in the crown/gem "deal" very much, this was one I was willing to get into!

P.S. In the crates I got a spriggan wolf mount!

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I am a ****ing idiot.

I was just routinely downloading game updates for all my games (haven't actually log-in ESO for ~1.5years), and I saw this on the display ad. Looked into it.

I never bought a crate before with IRL $$$ in a game in my life, and I had 0 idea that 500 "gem" currency was a hard number to get. Spent over $70 on crown packages in increments before stopping. I had assumed that a reasonable spend would correlate into a reasonable return, but I didn't expect the gatcha here to be so cancerously ridiculous + no technical math % disclosure before purchase.

My opinion on Zenimax, previously semi-favorable, has officially hit full negative. I've been here since stress-test beta, I know the game was broken at launch and accepted it as is, but if this is really how they monetize the game now, /ggwp.

"...but it's only cosmetics..."
    -Internet Trolls

Anyways, I was going to buy the upcoming DLC and return (>I like everything Cyrodiil) to actual playing, but, well. Might have to move for account deletion at this point, IDK. This game doesn't have a legit future, it seems: I don't play Korean games. I just simp'd Bill Gate's divorce, I suppose...

But no matter. Back to GW2.

(Posted: For the Record)
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on May 4, 2021 12:40PM
    Indeed it is so...
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭

"I had assumed that a reasonable spend would correlate into a reasonable return, but I didn't expect the gatcha here to be so cancerously ridiculous + no technical math % disclosure before purchase."

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, if you go to 👉 Help 👉 Tutorials👉 Crown Crates you can view the percentages.
    Sorry this doesn't help you at this point 😬
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was seriously considering this purchase, but that I know it does male dances, I'm WAY less inclined. I've always loved Spriggans and Hagravens for some reason 👻

BTW a great way to earn gems is through Twitch drops! You can convert the items into gems, and I have over 800 rn mostly from doing that method over the years 🤗
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.