• Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will a kagouti (no arms) swim though lol
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right there is some water you can do it in but I think if you go in with mount it dismounts you. But you can't go underwater and there are waters that will kill you cause slaughterfish.

It's not the fact that you are in water that causes the slaughterfish to kill you. It's because you are getting outside the boundary of the game. That's why it only happens along the coast and not in inland lakes or streams.
    PCNA
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right there is some water you can do it in but I think if you go in with mount it dismounts you. But you can't go underwater and there are waters that will kill you cause slaughterfish.

It's not the fact that you are in water that causes the slaughterfish to kill you. It's because you are getting outside the boundary of the game. That's why it only happens along the coast and not in inland lakes or streams.

Ah well I remember in cyrodil at least most of the water kills you regardless of if in boundaries probably to prevent people sneaking across the water. Even the water by the bridges kills you.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a Dwarven spider mount made out of metal?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Gives me an idea: Dwarven steam boat

Edited by Ringing_Nirnroot on March 29, 2021 6:38AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Kagouti swims like a dolphin.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of leg kicks.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    So can wolves, tigers, bears and most other animals.

Think about it ZoS. Give Argonians some other passive (or add more to the current one, since they got nerfed this patch), and let us not be dismounted when we enter waist deep water.

The speed can be no faster than unmounted if you want, just stop the dismount. It's pointless and even immersion breaking.

Thanks for your consideration!

On the other hand, have you ever seen someone raiding on a tiger, wolf, bear or guar? or on their undead versions? or burning versions? no, exactly, it's just the game and it needs more crucial QoL changes and fixes. And we still need a "running on a mount" bug fix. Soooooo no, thanks but I can live with my mount hiding in a pokeball each time I go for a swim.
    Edited by hands0medevil on March 29, 2021 10:19AM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which is a shame cause it cuts out soo many possibilities like underwater areas of delves and dungeons and secret hidden places underwater.

I hope someday we'll get this, as well as flying mounts :)
    And we still need a "running on a mount" bug fix.

It would actually look amazing if player was running on the mount while underwater... :D

Dwarven spider would use new animation for swimming, like all other mounts.

I like some places in Vvardenfell, where I can ride through the watery areas without dismounting <3 It feels like my mount is swimming.

XOBQpw3.jpg

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah well I remember in cyrodil at least most of the water kills you regardless of if in boundaries probably to prevent people sneaking across the water. Even the water by the bridges kills you.
    The river up to IC between AD and EP will kill you, same with the lake around IC, probably some other places to guess the border river south east for EP. Water in Cyrodil is generally not dangerous unless borders

Now the slaughterfish in Cyrodil is very lethal and tend to instantly kill you. I guess this is so people can not try to cross with help of healers.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Animals with a rider cant swim.

Deep water that will knock you off your horse looks different than shallow water. It is easy to avoid.

Yah they actually can. People have done it and can do it. It's no big deal.

You mean like orcs in full heavy armor? That's one helluva horse.

Sink like a stone pony.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .. but not an ebonsteel Dwemoer wolf.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Through perseverance.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Through Dwarven ingenuity.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no sane being would swim when there might be slaughterfish involved
    Awake, but at what cost
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can wolves, tigers, bears and most other animals.

Think about it ZoS. Give Argonians some other passive (or add more to the current one, since they got nerfed this patch), and let us not be dismounted when we enter waist deep water.

The speed can be no faster than unmounted if you want, just stop the dismount. It's pointless and even immersion breaking.

Thanks for your consideration!

On the other hand, have you ever seen someone raiding on a tiger, wolf, bear or guar? or on their undead versions? or burning versions? no, exactly, it's just the game and it needs more crucial QoL changes and fixes. And we still need a "running on a mount" bug fix. Soooooo no, thanks but I can live with my mount hiding in a pokeball each time I go for a swim.

Yes, yes I have...

He-Man-Masters-Universe-h1-battle-cat.jpg
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can deal with the water, my problem is when I try to jump over the water hazard suddenly grabbing a torchbug takes priority over jumping lol.
    Fear is the Mindkiller