The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Some resource nodes look wrong

JoHegl
JoHegl
✭✭✭
I noticed that some of the resource nodes I could harvest looked wrong.

* A few Rubedite Ore nodes looked like Iron Ore nodes (even withing one survey batch)
* A few Ancestor Silk looked like Jute.

Maybe there are more like that and from node types as well. This happened in Rivenspire, Wrothgar and in other places too, I think. Within the last 2 hours.

Friends told me that they had seen similar things after update 29 too, so I suppose it's worth a look.
Edited by JoHegl on March 8, 2021 11:54PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a silly question, but did you replace all your skill points so you are 10/10 in the crafting skill? Otherwise, your nodes will appear 50% at your level (rubedite) and 50% at your crafting level.
  • JoHegl
    JoHegl
    ✭✭✭
    I did respec, yes. It's simply a visual bug. My loot is the max level resources.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be prepared to bet that it worked properly after you logged out of your character and back in again, after re-spending your skill points.

Those nodes were the ones which spawned as Iron / Jute / Maple when you first logged in after the patch, because they were the ones that spawned to depend on your level in that skill (currently 1/10) instead of your character level: and after you re-spent the skill points, they would now depend on your new level in that skill (10/10) and thus be higher quality materials, but still appear like the lower level material.

Logging out and back in should put your character in an instance where you began it at max level in the skills, and the problem solves itself.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had same visual bug with Platinum Seam showing as Pewter Seam.

It happened long after I'd assigned my crafting passives back to maximum level. I started this update at my house in Stonefalls, thus when I left the house I already had all my passives assigned, and all crafting resources on my way were of appropriate tier. I changed zones many times before I finally encountered bugged crafting resource (when I arrived to collect treasure map in Deshaan and saw the Pewter Seam with Platinum Seam contents on my way).
    So it wasn't like:
    Those nodes were the ones which spawned as Iron / Jute / Maple when you first logged in after the patch, because they were the ones that spawned to depend on your level in that skill (currently 1/10) instead of your character level: and after you re-spent the skill points, they would now depend on your new level in that skill (10/10) and thus be higher quality materials, but still appear like the lower level material.

It's not gamebreaking bug, especially since I wait for fixes of much worse bugs... but if this bug will be fixed as well, it would be nice :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, I saw this with one Jewelry node sometime after updating my Crafting skill points-- it looked like Pewter but contained Platinum-- but after that all the nodes I encountered were displayed correctly. I'm a compulsive harvester, so I think I would have noticed whether it kept happening.

My own crazy theory was that maybe a low-level player had touched the node before me but had decided not to harvest it for some reason, or perhaps couldn't harvest it because their inventory slots were full and their stacks of Pewter were maxed out. But whenever that's happened in the past, my character saw the node as though it were CP160 yet it contained L1 mats, so it was the exact opposite symptom.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. We're aware of this issue and working on getting it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that this issue CAN legitimately happen if a low-level player (L15 or below, or with Metallurgy L1) does a partial harvest of a node, e.g. to take only the furnishing mats from a resource node, and leaves the iron/jute/maple behind. The node is then "set" with that level of resource, until either harvested by someone else OR it refreshes. I have a vague understanding (not confirmed) that nodes (and open but incompletely looted treasure chests) will automatically reset/refresh at least once a day, or after double the normal respawn time (that would have been required if actually fully looted).

So, if a lowbie does a partial loot on an iron node (takes the regulus, or tries to harvest it but discovers her inventory is full and moves on), AND if a higher player comes by within the next 15 minutes or so, they SHOULD see the node as having Iron ore (instead of Rubedite).

Update: I have recently seen for myself what @JoHegl is reporting, in multiple zones, with Iron ore, jewelry seams, and woodworking nodes. With max level characters (cp1800+) with crafting maxed and all the passives maxed, I sometimes (10-20%) encounter a resource node that visually appears to be a L1 base resource node (e.g. iron ore, pewter, maple etc.), but the interaction prompt indicates that it is actually a correct level resource (Rubedite/Platinum / Ruby ash etc.). Most of this exploration has been on a Nightblade, PC/NA and PC/EU.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on March 24, 2021 4:31AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just nodes. seeing mixed 'mats' doing surveys too
    some max level, some min, but all yielding the correct max level items!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seen this in multiple zones as well, but inconsistently. In Greenshade a survey showed all rubedite ore correctly, but after emerging from a delve the next one I saw looked like iron instead.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I had the bug as well, even on one of my jewelry surveys half looked platinum and half looked pewter, I had logged out since the skill points were reset. I had rarely had it before the update when someone else at a lower crafting level had accessed the node before me, but it was more frequent than that and the survey should not have been affected. They all gave the top level materials no matter what they looked like, they all came up with the right description, it was just the graphics that were wrong.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JoHegl wrote: »

* A few Rubedite Ore nodes looked like Iron Ore nodes (even withing one survey batch)
    (...)
    Happened to me with wood resources: with my maxed level char I picked up a couple of times Ruby Ash that looked like Maple.
    Not only that happened, I also picked up some Oak from a couple of nodes despite my char being at max level in the woodworking rank.
    But all my survey reports had the correct rank.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens consistently (and only) when load in at a survey, rather than running up to it. Even though 1/2 the nodes look like level 1, they all contain ruby mats.

Edit - nope. It also happens when loading in next to other nodes... Just had a regular, non-survey ruby node look like maple.
    Edited by reoskit on March 11, 2021 5:06AM
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still seeing resource nodes as basic, ie iron ore, when they are in fact rubedite (and identified as such) and have seen pewter for platinum. This is after resetting to 10/10 in crafting and restating game.

In addition, since the patch, The launcher keeps attempting to run vc_redist.x64.exe when it starts.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to this issue (I mentioned that in other thread about resource nodes) - there is one more visual issue tied to crafting passives, I'm pretty sure it's caused by the same bug. Occasionally higher level alchemy and enchanting materials stored in my intentory/bank/craftbag have red tint (suggesting that I can't use that item), even thought all my toons have maxed crafting skills and can use them without any problems.

Two screenshots to show what am I talking about - here is me standing next to Ancestor Silk looking like Jute, with wrongly tinted enchanting mats in my craftbag at the same time
    n0ryrts6h75f.png

Here are tinted enchanting and alchemy materials, but as you can see I maxed those crafting skill lines
    7n94rhoy1z80.png
    Edited by perfiction on March 11, 2021 10:48AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a large scale I actually only saw it in Bankorai yesterday.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    On a large scale I actually only saw it in Bankorai yesterday.

In my experience after several days of running surveys where it cannot be explained away easily (ie someone low-level touching the node) it seems to be tied to how recently the ui has reloaded as opposed to any particular zone.

edit: i.e., A recent login, reload ui, exit delve, etc will make it far more likely to happen in a given proximity.
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 11, 2021 11:46AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i am getting the same thing seeing iron ore nodes when it says rubedite and i pick up rubedite. but seen jute and maple nodes on max level crafter22km6gltx9et.png
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue with Ancestor Silk nodes appearing as Jute while doing crafting surveys.

nodes.png
    Tank Girl
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have the same issue. Nothing game breaking as I still get the mats I should get as normal (max level mats), but it is still comical to watch. Tbh, I like the level 1 ores over the level 10 ores in terms of apperance so it is in a way, pleasing to look at.

In short, it is a bug yes, but rather a welcome one.
    Edited by JobooAGS on March 13, 2021 3:39PM
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened only a couple of times during my survey run today,but just a visual bug as others have confirmed.

5nAXC8W.png
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I'd be prepared to bet that it worked properly after you logged out of your character and back in again, after re-spending your skill points.

Logging out and back in should put your character in an instance where you began it at max level in the skills, and the problem solves itself.

I'll bet you 100 bucks you're wrong because it didn't! I have seen the same issue since this patch came in. Well after respeccing, logging out and back in.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think you can extend "Heroes Reforged" until after this is fixed? I've added the keen eyes to my character to help overcome this, but I don't usually need them because ruby mats are easy to spot in the wild without it. I'd love to recover those skillpoints after this bug is over, as I particularly don't love the glow of the keen eye passive, yet found it necessary right now, but Heroes Reforged free respecs seem to be ending before this bug will be patched!
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    JoHegl wrote: »

Maybe there are more like that and from node types as well. This happened in Rivenspire, Wrothgar and in other places too, I think. Within the last 2 hours.

Friends told me that they had seen similar things after update 29 too, so I suppose it's worth a look.

Can confirm this is a bug on PS4. And yes I made sure all my passives were unlocked.

Resources nodes occasionally show up as low tier for whatever unknown reason. I've seen it in just about every zone I've visited since patch and it doesn't always happen.
    Doesn't seem to affect the actual drops from the nodes though. Rubedite still drops Rubedite even if it looks like Iron Ore.

So far I've seen it on Ore, Seams, and Wood nodes. I have yet to spot a Cloth node with it but I may just be not paying attention to them enough lol
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m on PS4 NA and I’ve seen ancestor silk that looks like jute.

I have also seen rubedite ore that looks like iron ore.

I haven’t noticed any ruby ash that looks like maple but that would be hard to spot. I do not have keen eye for any mats.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    Yes had it on PS4 EU as well, but this is just a simpel display problem we still get the correct materials... Think they have much more serious problems to fix first before something small like this :P
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this on Xbox EU too. The wood node next to the Seekers Archive wayshrine in Craglorn looked like level 1 but contained Ruby Ash. I've done lots of surveys elsewhere but that was the only one that had this bug.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m on PS4 NA and I’ve seen ancestor silk that looks like jute.

I have also seen rubedite ore that looks like iron ore.

I haven’t noticed any ruby ash that looks like maple but that would be hard to spot. I do not have keen eye for any mats.

OK I did see ruby ash as maple today but it was only one wood node out of the six in a survey.

I would not have noticed except I count all the nodes as I do them and I didn’t see a sixth one. I kept moving around until I saw the prompt since the maple was soo hard to see on the grass. I think it was in the Rift.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to reliably get this bug if I refresh a survey site by previewing a house. When I come back, they will be refreshed but half will appear base level even though they still yield the appropriate mats (PC NA, 10/10 on all crafting).
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see Ancestor Silk which looks like Jute, Rubedite Ore like Iron, Ruby Ash like Maple and even Platinium like Pewter. With lv50, cp~900, all gear crafts maxed and skill points on crafting passives. PCEU
    Edited by rpa on April 9, 2021 4:03AM