Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Most expensive items in the game?

Viewsfrom6ix
Viewsfrom6ix
✭✭✭✭✭
Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know what are some of the most expensive items in the game you can purchase with gold?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only know of two items which are currently worth more than 5 millions gold. Runebox: Clockwork Reliquary containing polymorph from vAS trial, and Morrowind Banner of the 6th House furniture item from Forgotten Wastes public dungeon.

And if somebody ever gets Chef Arquitius's Lost Thesis from doing Battlegrounds and decides to sell it, it will be another super expensive item :o
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbound Dylora’s Restoration staff...
    Still a few around but it no longer drops in game.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People sell runs for the Sunspire Senche mount for 220 million a pop
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

I have one of those. I had two but I don't know what happened to the other. Even made a thread about it years ago.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eedat wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

I have one of those. I had two but I don't know what happened to the other. Even made a thread about it years ago.

I remember buying one for 3.6 mil year one...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any housing items that are sorta rare all the way to rare. Its crazy what some of those sell for.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unique items you can't acquire anymore hold a lot of value to collectors. I'm still holding onto an unbound Bow of the Viper from way back. There are likely only a very small amount of things like that still available.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, except for the Senche mount (which IMHO doesn't count for this discussion), is the Praxis for Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered. It's so rare it goes for something around 18 million.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Marcus_Brody
    Nothing in this game is expensive by default, the items are jacked up in price because of greed and no other reason.

Idiots are basing their pricing solely off looks, instead of actual play value. Case in point, a style page which isn't even an actual item it just allows for a look is somehow got a price tag of an item that grants 10 skill points or gets levitation when you equip it (Which would be actual play value)

it's straight up greed.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in this game is expensive by default, the items are jacked up in price because of greed and no other reason.

Idiots are basing their pricing solely off looks, instead of actual play value. Case in point, a style page which isn't even an actual item it just allows for a look is somehow got a price tag of an item that grants 10 skill points or gets levitation when you equip it (Which would be actual play value)

it's straight up greed.

You don't seem to realise that "play value" is different for everyone
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the Timbercrow Wanderer costume can set you back about 2 million gold at the guild traders. Or 50 days earning 50 Siege of Cyrodiil Merits and a Siege of Cyrodiil Distinction.

Wow, some of the stuff listed here makes buying monster helms from the Golden Gurl in Cyrodiil seem downright cheap! Lol.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember a furnishing item that costs 11 mil and I think it was some kind of bookcase.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's straight up greed.

Well that escated quickly. Prices are affected by supply and demand. Items that are extremely rare and also very desirable will have much higher prices. Meanwhile something like cornflower will sell for under 1k gold despite also being highly desired because there is a massive supply of it that requires little effort or investment to obtain
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the aylied bookcase come from?

I'm gonna keep an eye out haha
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

it's straight up greed.

No one can really put a price on exclusivity, not even you. People want exclusive items that no one else has, and those with the funds will pay whatever they think an item is worth to have them. MSRP of an item is always based on what it's worth, not how much it actually cost to make the item. Something that costs 12 cents to make isn't always going to be worth just 12 cents. If you had a 100 year old penny, would you expect it to only be worth 1 cent?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's straight up greed.

You do understand how supply and demand works, right?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

it's straight up greed.

You do understand how supply and demand works, right?

I don't think he does tbh.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On XBNA... The plan for Khajiti Brazier, Enchanted was selling for 15 million recently...

I've also heard that a red spool of thread, a furniture item, is the rarest drop in the game but don't quote me on that...
    Edited by sevomd69 on February 18, 2021 11:21PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Housing furnishings in general are crazy priced haha
    I am not complaining though, it's a nice way to make moneh
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    Most of these ppl do not even grind. They just get a pack of crowns or acumulates eso+ crowns reward and sell it to get that bizarre amount of gold with little to no effort.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowa133 wrote: »
    Most of these ppl do not even grind. They just get a pack of crowns or acumulates eso+ crowns reward and sell it to get that bizarre amount of gold with little to no effort.

You know somebody still has to make the gold... it doesn't just appear out of the ether for your crowns...
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Nowa133 wrote: »

You know somebody still has to make the gold... it doesn't just appear out of the ether for your crowns...

Yes, what i'm saying is that a small percentage of the population that holds most of that gold. And i don't buy crowns, it just too expensive around here. Its just better to keep my ffxiv sub. What i have, i've grinded for it.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it's straight up greed.

No, Its greed combined with rarity. You can be as greedy as you want to be, but if no one wants or needs to buy your clear water at 50k per vial, then you will still have nothing to show for your greed. It needs to be something they want that is very rare.

:#