Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Class Changing Token

• Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am on the yes side of things IF it will give you a lvl 50 character but with class skill lines on 0.

Keep everything else levelled though, such as Psijic, Fighters, Mages ecc...

Also, limit the use of this to once a month or a year.

Considering that the game is also gaining more and more achievements, skyshards ecc... Not everyone wants to or has the time to grind back 30k+ achievements points, skill lines and everything else.
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Either give us class change token or account based unlocks and achievements, including map, skyshard, PvP rank, etc.

Again, leveling to 50 is the extremely easy but it takes long time to unlock maps and achievements. It's never about leveling to 50.

Prerequisites may work if ZOS want players to spend time. For example only those reached CP2000 up / 3000 up or so can use the token or unlock account wide achievements. One account can use class chance token only once per year.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I can’t even get excited about new classes because there is no way I’m regrinding everything over again. I would buy one in a New York minute
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have 15/18 character slots full. I do have a few character I would like to switch to different classes but no, I really don't want to re-level all their crafting skills. Can I? Sure. Do I WANT to? No. Plus, I may come up with uses for those last 3 character slots soon and then what? Delete a master crafter so I can fix the mistake of making a NB WW? No
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 8, 2021 1:00AM
    Options
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My oldest alt has every skill line leveled--and the class was pretty bad for years--it wouldve been great to switch her class.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's never going to happen, ZoS won't be able to implement such a feature without introduces so extremely harmful bugs. Alliance Change tokens was proof of this, people had to relevel their alliance war skill lines, certain quests were incompletable and some cases characters had missing progress on achievements. It'll just be a mess.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ZOS has previously stated that they would NEVER introduce Class change tokens. They had enough problems coding Alliance changes, imagine trying to code or figure out to remove a fully leveled class and then switch to an unleveled class... yet if you switch back, how to give you back the originally leveled class.

Besides that, ZOS makes a ton of money from people who will PAY to upgrade everything on a new character... they introduced Skyshard and Skill Line advancement in the Crown store... do you really think they'd offer something that would take money away?!? Or, they would offer Class change for 50 or 100 Crown, and people would complain like they are already doing about Alliance change costs. People whined about wanting to change Alliance, ZOS finally offers it... for a cost... and people are freaking out that it costs TOO MUCH. They cannot win. People seem to forget that ZOS is a 'for profit business' they are not a charity.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    ADarklore wrote: »
    ZOS has previously stated that they would NEVER introduce Class change tokens. They had enough problems coding Alliance changes, imagine trying to code or figure out to remove a fully leveled class and then switch to an unleveled class... yet if you switch back, how to give you back the originally leveled class.

Besides that, ZOS makes a ton of money from people who will PAY to upgrade everything on a new character... they introduced Skyshard and Skill Line advancement in the Crown store... do you really think they'd offer something that would take money away?!? Or, they would offer Class change for 50 or 100 Crown, and people would complain like they are already doing about Alliance change costs. People whined about wanting to change Alliance, ZOS finally offers it... for a cost... and people are freaking out that it costs TOO MUCH. They cannot win. People seem to forget that ZOS is a 'for profit business' they are not a charity.

seems like class change would be easy to implement as they already have shrines that refund skill points from skills...just tweak that system to refund our class skill points while changing our class. It's not much different then the times they refunded all our skill points when they made big changes in the past.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

IIRC, Alliance change was deemed impossible at one point too. The class change would be easier because there's the same amount of active and passive skills, and 2 morphs for each. Programmatically speaking, I think you could just iterate over the object and copy the progress to the corresponding skill on the new class. Alliance, you have way more quest dialogue and other baggage to be worked out. I don't think we have that with class.

And personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a class change token being the same price as alliance change tokens. If anything, it'd be one of the few offerings that could justify its price.
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vigarr wrote: »

seems like class change would be easy to implement as they already have shrines that refund skill points from skills...just tweak that system to refund our class skill points while changing our class. It's not much different then the times they refunded all our skill points when they made big changes in the past.

"Easy to implement" This is ZoS we're talking about here. Something will almost certainly go wrong like with most stuff they implement. People thought group mounts would be easy to do but no...
    Options
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheForFeeF wrote: »
    The only reason for class changes is because people don't want to give up all the achievements players have done on their main character. The better thing to do would be to make achievements account wide rather than per character.

If you want to play a different class, ZoS gives you character slots for that purpose.

I don't think it is all about achievements honestly. Some people don't want to go through 6 months of mount training of farming all skyshards grinding out skill lines. I understand there are ways around most of the issues through the crown store but it would be excessively expensive and in some cases non viable. Some people also just want to role play and maybe a new class fits their character better than the one they picked and maybe that class wasn't available in the game when they originally made that hero.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Vigarr wrote: »

"Easy to implement" This is ZoS we're talking about here. Something will almost certainly go wrong like with most stuff they implement. People thought group mounts would be easy to do but no...

lol can't argue there :lol:
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I haven´t still read a comment against this that was well reasoned.
    Options
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS has given you the option of having 18 toons for this very reason. you don't have to agree with my comment but it is what it is.

I have 18 fully leveled toons but none of them have achieved Black Market Mogul but if you were to combine all 18 toons, I would have achieved it twice over.

That's ZOS for ya.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If Zos wants to make more money this is it! Plenty of people would rather constantly switch classes than have to reroll characters.
    Options
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have a Imperial DK I made during beta, then remade day one. He became my main crafter and I've been slowly working towards collecting motifs, etc. He now only gets used to craft stuff and that makes me sad.

A lot of those against seem to think alts and changing the class of an existing character are mutually exclusive, I have many alts and many of those I don't do all quests/achievements because I'm taking a "choose your own adventure" style to their quest path as it relates to their personal story. I would change the class of my main in a heartbeat if given the opportunity so that I might have fun playing them again.

I wouldn't have an issue with them not saving progress from a prior class, so when you reset your class specific progress is reset to 0 (class agnostic lines should remain untouched) and refund your skill points. If you decide to pay for another swap back to your original class you would have to re level that one as well. I think the ship has well and truly sailed on homogenization as if you look at most build crafter sites, they're all using identical gear and an abundance of class independent skill lines.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
    Options
  • Viyvos
    Viyvos
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really hope they make one. I have been playing on my main character for 5 years now and I don't want to make a new one but I am bored with my class. I don't have much time to level up all skilllines or get all my achievements again. I would really like to see this added to the game since there is litteraly not a single argument against it to be honest
    Options
  • Viyvos
    Viyvos
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Please provide a source of zos saying this, a lot of people claim this but there is no proof of them even adressing a class change token.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

If there had been an "Other" option I would have chosen that one....

This! Where is the other option?
    Options
  • DebaZapelo
    DebaZapelo
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The only reason for class changes is because people don't want to give up all the achievements players have done on their main character. The better thing to do would be to make achievements account wide rather than per character.

If you want to play a different class, ZoS gives you character slots for that purpose.

Err not really

Not everyone has the time and will to regrind a new character

- character to level 50
    - provisioning to level 50
    - alychemy to level 50
    - possibly other crafting skill lines
    also there is
    - fighters guild skill line
    - mages guild skill line
    PS4 EU
    PC EU
    Options
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS has given you the option of having 18 toons for this very reason. you don't have to agree with my comment but it is what it is.

I have 18 fully leveled toons but none of them have achieved Black Market Mogul but if you were to combine all 18 toons, I would have achieved it twice over.

That's ZOS for ya.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
    Options
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    DebaZapelo wrote: »

Err not really

Not everyone has the time and will to regrind a new character

- character to level 50
    - provisioning to level 50
    - alychemy to level 50
    - possibly other crafting skill lines
    also there is
    - fighters guild skill line
    - mages guild skill line

While your list of alt annoyances is quite comprehensive already, you still forgot the most important drawback to alts - in fact, one of the things the ZOS people could take some inspiration from Guild Wars 2 - and that is having to do absolutely everything again from scratch. Achievements being only per character is one of the reasons why I can never recommend this game to anyone. It goes against absolutely everything I ever thought achievements could stand for. The only agency apart from ZOS as the owner and overall overlord of the game is the player - who creates the charater(s) to begin with. Tying achievements to characters (which can even be deleted!) is an utterly ridiculous thing that should (have) be(en) undone seven years ago rather than today.
    Edited by joerginger on July 14, 2021 9:40PM
    Options
  • Hashasino
    Hashasino
    Soul Shriven
    YES TO CLASS CHANGE!

Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Voted yes because the more options we have the better, not sure I'd use it tho
    Options
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Leveling undaunted, legerdemain, and horses can take months

If people don't want to change classes, we won't force them.

If people want something, give it to them.

Soooo... if people want a Mickey Mouse-race in ESO, ZOS should give it to them? Really?
    Options
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    we want class change token because they made those paid classes too strong. [Snip] if we want to complete in either pve or pvp we have to drop our forgotten mains and move on the the better classes. It's not our fault we want to suffer less.

[Edited for bashing]

What on earth (or, eh, Nirn) are you talking about? How are the paid classes any better than the others?
    Options
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    YES. Still waiting this token.
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No they should just rework the cheevo system. Maybe make it so each alt technically has the achievement but it will record what character you did it on.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Because with Class Change tokens every "rebalancing" would become an exercise in induced obsolescence for one class or another. Every three months forums and social media would be filled with the howls of victimhood and demands for free Class Change tokens. That's no fun.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on August 10, 2021 12:12PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How about no thank you please?
    Options