• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Class Changing Token

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    TheForFeeF wrote: »
    The only reason for class changes is because people don't want to give up all the achievements players have done on their main character. The better thing to do would be to make achievements account wide rather than per character.

If you want to play a different class, ZoS gives you character slots for that purpose.

This is a much more reasonable solution. You can even separate account achievements and character achievements.

if the goal is to switch skills because of balancing inconveniences then at that point there might as well not be any classes at all.
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    C- Other

I am of the opinion that once a character has completed Cadwell's Gold, they should have the ability to reclass. It should be earned. It should be hard to do, and a testament to you mastering your current class, so it means more. Allowing this would give people something to earn, revitalize quest zones, and would give Cadwell's Gold a better reward than it currently has.

and if that was implemented then I could see ZOS monetizing it in crown store - so while an interesting solution I am still skeptical about the consequences
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason for class changes is because people don't want to give up all the achievements players have done on their main character. The better thing to do would be to make achievements account wide rather than per character.

If you want to play a different class, ZoS gives you character slots for that purpose.

I'm ok with giving people class change tokens if achievements remain per character (though I'm fine with an account-wide achievement overview where you can see everything your characters have done)
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »
    There are different ways to resolve some of the issues people mention here. Make skills shards account wide, ZOS did but they slapped $$, achievements account wide, mount riding, bag space, etc.

Changing class main will be a disaster, everyone will continue to follow the meta/form class, diversity will be close to none. People now days do not want to play MMORPGs.

The thing is, not everyone agrees that these things should be account wide. I, for one, enjoy finding skyshards on characters. A dead skyshard is a sad skyshard.

So ZOS, understanding that, gave the people who don't want to hunt skyshards or repeat quests the ability to buy them with crowns (for a very reasonable price, IMO), while letting people like me gather them on our alts.

So eventually, if they introduce class change, they will do the same, so that the people who don't want it don't feel like they have to do it.

My only condition is that anyone who buys a class change token has to sign a waiver saying they'll never come to the forums and post things like "you nerfed my class to sell class changes".
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, please. I’ve been a dragonknight for seven years. The class I started with at launch is a shadow of its former self. After all these years of progress and achievements I don’t want to switch characters.
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Malthorne wrote: »
    Yes, please. I’ve been a dragonknight for seven years. The class I started with at launch is a shadow of its former self. After all these years of progress and achievements I don’t want to switch characters.

This
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    fbours wrote: »
    There are different ways to resolve some of the issues people mention here. Make skills shards account wide, ZOS did but they slapped $$, achievements account wide, mount riding, bag space, etc.

Changing class main will be a disaster, everyone will continue to follow the meta/form class, diversity will be close to none. People now days do not want to play MMORPGs.

The thing is, not everyone agrees that these things should be account wide. I, for one, enjoy finding skyshards on characters. A dead skyshard is a sad skyshard.

So make certain things account achievements and other things character achievements.

Skyshards can be in the character achievement category
    Options
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For me it would have been "Other": I have nothing against the option if it comes, but I will not use it. So closest to my way of thinking is "No".

As said in other threads with similar subjects: for me, my char is "someone" with a personality. Her appearance and class is part of it. If I want different, it's "someone" different, then I create new.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    6 classes, 9 charcter slots....
    And as far as I know, there are no class specific achievements.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I want both lol! Account-wide achievements is so basic and obvious... I´ll never understand why isn´t this a thing yet, even in the form of a separate entry in the Journal tab, not substituting the character achivs entry. But I´d still want a class-change token. My main would fit perfectly as a warden, but that class wasn´t a thing when I started playing, so now I´m stuck with sorc, a class I´ve end up hating mechanic and thematic wise.
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I’m genuinely curious - all those voting “no”. Why? What’s your reason?

Bear in mind the responses given, which are mostly along the lines of “just grind out another character”, do not address any of the reasons some people want to change class on a favoured existing character.

I’m not sure what advantage you think anyone takes from using a class change token. Are all you “no” voters so insecure that you’re content to restrict other players game?

Seems remarkably selfish to me.
    Options
  • DontWorryAboutit
    DontWorryAboutit
    ✭✭✭
    More options is good. Those who don't want class change ability can simply not buy them. Me changing class does not hurt your game. :)

You speak too much logic to the nay sayers!!! How dare you
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If ZOS ever makes a class change token, it should be severely limited. Like only usable once every 6 months.

More character slots would be a better option.
    Edited by Sarannah on May 8, 2021 9:08AM
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Class Change Token (142 votes):

65% - yes
    34% - no

I guess it goes to show how most of base game classes are vs paid classes (It almost feel like P2W tbh).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 8, 2021 9:26AM
    Options
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.

Leveling undaunted, legerdemain, and horses can take months

If people don't want to change classes, we won't force them.

If people want something, give it to them.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.

Exactly this. Also, it is a new revenue source for ZO$, I dont unserstand why they arent capitalizing on that.
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im all for Class Change tokens. There are no downsides in having them.

I dont agree with ppl saying that 10 hours can make a new character. I switched my main once when i noticed that another class is more fun to me. It took me 3 months just to complete most of the quests. On top of that skillines, skyshards etc. Mounts take 6 months. Researcing takes another 6 months+. The 10 hour argument is just valid for players that use their characters like gear where they quickly level one up for a single task and never bother actually building it up to a more playable state. If we could get a character fully going within a decent amount of time we wouldnt have these requests.
    Options
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Yes.

Exactly this. Also, it is a new revenue source for ZO$, I dont unserstand why they arent capitalizing on that.

because it's not a new source of revenue when you they can charge you for the same thing, by selling you the skill lines, skyshards, name change token, and alliance change token, and riding skills. A class change token actually makes ZOS less money and they have less funds to pay developers to continue to develop the game.
    Edited by Nastassiya on May 9, 2021 2:13PM
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nastassiya wrote: »
    Yes.

because it's not a new source of revenue when you they can charge you for the same thing, by selling you the skill lines, skyshards, name change token, and alliance change token, and riding skills. A class change token actually makes ZOS less money and they have less funds to pay developers to continue to develop the game.

This would only be true if all players that would like to have a class change would make a new character and buy this stuff. In reality thats not the case. So your argument is neither right or wrong.
    Options
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    agegarton wrote: »
    I’m genuinely curious - all those voting “no”. Why? What’s your reason?

Bear in mind the responses given, which are mostly along the lines of “just grind out another character”, do not address any of the reasons some people want to change class on a favoured existing character.

I’m not sure what advantage you think anyone takes from using a class change token. Are all you “no” voters so insecure that you’re content to restrict other players game?

Seems remarkably selfish to me.

A - Don't want one. Why would I vote yes for something I don't want?
    B - We aren't setting policy. And under 200 votes.....yup changes are definitely in the pipeline for that overwhelming support.
    C- Assuming malice on the part of anyone who voted no. "Would you like this?" and "Do you think this should be implemented?" are two very different things. Jumping to conclusions is rather follish.
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For the one millionth time, we don't need class change tokens. Next!
    Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    stankarp wrote: »
    We can change Race, we can change appearance, we can change name of a character but we CANNOT CHANGE CLASS FOR A CHARACTER. WHY? Given how many times ZOS change/nerf/stuff up a characters skill who's play style u get used to, is it not long overdue for a CLASS CHANGE TOKEN? I for one would be buying 2 the moment they became available. I find certain classes easi8er to play and more effective that others, and want to progress certain characters achievement points (my personal reason). So lets vote for a CLASS CHANGE TOKEN.

1-50 after you've played a while is very quick.

Some things are annoying like acheivements, motifs, crafting skills. More work could certainly be done to make those systems less of a pain when moving characters.

A token would potentially cause more meta-hopping and class homogeneity which is definitely not a good thing for the game, not to mention there are probably some technical difficulties with swapping a characters class as its something very integral to the character data.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Xebov wrote: »
    Im all for Class Change tokens. There are no downsides in having them.

I dont agree with ppl saying that 10 hours can make a new character. I switched my main once when i noticed that another class is more fun to me. It took me 3 months just to complete most of the quests. On top of that skillines, skyshards etc. Mounts take 6 months. Researcing takes another 6 months+. The 10 hour argument is just valid for players that use their characters like gear where they quickly level one up for a single task and never bother actually building it up to a more playable state. If we could get a character fully going within a decent amount of time we wouldnt have these requests.

Yes. It's a vast undertaking that takes months, even years, to replace your "main" with a new class. You also have to learn all of your crafting recepis and motifs again in addition to the multitude of things you mention. If just getting your character to 50 was it all it took, then yeah, it wouldn't be a big deal. But that is only a tiny fraction of the work put into a character on this game.

With the way they constantly change (and often dramatically) classes in this game, the least they could do is offer players a class change option so they don't have to start all over again if they delete someone's play style (which they do often).
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A token would potentially cause more meta-hopping and class homogeneity which is definitely not a good thing for the game

Meta hopping by having multiple characters is already taking place and its not an issue. I dont see why players should be denied such tokens just because a minority will use them for meta purposes.
    Options
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, as I don't mind the option. However, it's not something I would consider from business point of view, I played lots of MMOs and not one has that kind of option. The reason is, as a company, you want players to spend a lot of time in the game, and have things to do, the more you spend time in the game, the more likely you will spend money on it, and the more things you have to do, the more likely you will stay in the game and keep spending money.

With class change token, you can experience every class you want at the max level without an effort, except for your lost money, which is good for them, but it might be short lived, since if you experience everything in one go, there are chances you will get bored with the game and just leave, hence, no more money spent on the game, but without class change tokens, you have to level everything, so more time within the game, and so on and so on.

Just the way I see it.
    Options
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class change token = 99% necromancers and wardens or whatever the latest and presumed greatest class is. lol

On the other hand, would be handy for some achievements: nb to get all the thieving/db ones, mag sorc for dd/dps, dk et al for tanking some stuff, templar/warden for healing etc....

I suspect it'd be easier to make account wide achievements, though.
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's a bit tricky. I do think that one change per character per year, for a hefty price, would be in order.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • groober13
    groober13
    ✭✭✭
    No

Completely agree 👍 considering that almost everything else is account wide, it makes no sense for achievemente not to be.

Also, leveling a new alt to 50 takes almost no time at all - like with a domem group; it's nauseatingly boring but effective. Leveling while questing and actually playing the game doesn't take that much longer either and allows you to actually learn your class, etc.

So that's a resounding NO from me😁
    Edited by groober13 on May 9, 2021 9:53PM
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely yes please. Some of my oldest toons I made all within a short time of starting the game, because I was having fun hopping around trying different classes and races. Some I deleted, others I got attached to. As I acquired more character slots, I did the same. I got attached to more characters. At this point I now have 18 characters I am attached to, and they are not giving us any more character slots. I would love to change the class of a couple of them as they are role-playing characters and now I understand better what certain classes do, and some skills suit those characters better than the ones they have. I have sorcs I would turn into necromancers. I have templars I would turn into DKs and vice versa. I have wardens I would...do anything else with, I just don't like warden that much after some experimentation. But I don't want to lose those characters' appearances, and I suck at remaking them so if I deleted them to start them over they would not be the same. Class change would be perfect.

Or, you know. Still more character slots. That's always nice too.
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    we want class change token because they made those paid classes too strong. [Snip] if we want to complete in either pve or pvp we have to drop our forgotten mains and move on the the better classes. It's not our fault we want to suffer less.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 11, 2021 12:59PM
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options