Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Proc Set Test - Vote for your perference

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the proc Cyrodiil, Bring me back the proc party in Cyrodiil!.
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Build diversity is bad for PvP balance period. There needs to be small amounts of it that do not and can not overwhelm skill. I say this as someone who probably isn't very skilled, and can use all of the gear help I can attain, but it's not good for the game to have such a wide power gap, especially when the newer, less skilled players are already at that disadvantage. To add to that some wide gear delta that makes one person's light attacks more powerful than another's ulti's is a bad direction for the game to go.
    Build diversity shouldn't be the same thing as incredible power gap between builds. Build diversity isn't that there's some "secret" builds that give you twice the stats of someone else. Build diversity is that you have different plausible builds and you don't have to farm for the meta sets to be competitive.

I used to love running inefficient meme builds. I had a stam sorc with Prisoner's rags and dark deal who literally had to sprint all the time to have any recovery. Before the current vampire changes I had a vamp magicka NB who used Invigorating drain as CC and hunted cloak NBs. Sure they weren't great but I had fun. But with power creep it became impossible to run anything like that as you got erased as soon as someone looked at you. It became all about having the latest DLC for Malacath, Snow treaders, Balorgh, Crimson whatever.

Build diversity is good, it can make the game fun. But someone having twice your stats isn't build diversity.

Now we have Cyrodill with no diversity and the incredible power gap between class. A sorc destroying a magcro or a magblade or a magden or magplr it is the most unbalanced thing I ever see in this game.

Now the gap it is WORST!!!

And the server are infested by happy Sorcs claiming they are "skilled players" that love non proc Cyrodill.

Sincerely this is a joke that we are seeing in this patch a bad joke.

Yep, I rolled a new, purpose built magsorc after the announcement that I wouldn't have access to 95% of my hard earned gear for at least half a year, and probably longer, as there's no guarantee they will "have the code in place" by then. And I'm destroying everybody who isn't also a sorcerer.

Gear was a tool to fill the gaps in the class disparity, and ZOS has completely removed that variable. Cyro has already been boring since the start of the test.... and I don't forsee any changes for a long time, as ZOS already has their hands full trying to manage the unintended fallout of completely reworking one of the games core mechanics (CP.)

I guess then it’s time for another well-deserved round of MagSorc nerfs.

I can't wait to hear the PvE outcry about why their sorcs got nerfed because of PvP. An unecessary PvP situation created by a spur of the moment change that ZOS felt would be good for the game.

Dis gon be gud!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options