The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proc Set Test - Vote for your perference

LightYagami
LightYagami
✭✭✭✭✭
I just played in the no-proc Cyrodiil and found it really great.
I can't judge the server performance yet, but the game play is definitely much more interesting. Some of us already found that some "unkillable" enemies can be killed now. B)
What's your opinion (considering game play)?
(you may test for a few more days before voting)
No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.

Proc Set Test - Vote for your perference 365 votes

I like the no-proc Cyrodiil, please make it permeant!
54%
NyteshadeDamdne.ga.kurai_ESOTurgenevKikazaruRaeanndrzycki_ESOBelegnoleKadoozyAnimus-ESOgameswithaspoonDarcyMardinRDMyers65b14_ESORudyardssewallb14_ESOSvenjajonathanb16_ESOThrabenTryxusSarousse 200 votes
I'm neutral, either proc or no-proc would be fine.
9%
KiashKayshaTaonnorDTStormfoxLord_DraevanShaloknirvortexman11mustangmorgan31EswynTBoisUltravylenceBone_DemonmeekmikoUppGRAYxDDJ18696Orange_fire_dragonTPishekNordic__Knightsallan0nBunny_guar 35 votes
I like the proc Cyrodiil, Bring me back the proc party in Cyrodiil!.
35%
SolarikenGilvothvailjohn_ESOXeniphSoul_Demonpapabear2009ningauble_7b14_ESOxaraanlolo_01b16_ESOFaulgorIruil_ESOIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESODaviiid_ESOc_parsons40b16_ESODecimusCyrdemaceb17_ESOforzajuve212GrimtoothVoidCommanderDr_Ganknstein 130 votes
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the no-proc PvP, but the definition of proc sets may be a bit too tight now considering game play.

It may be good if the sets only granting X% of stamina / health / magicka can be used. Anyway, the current allowed list is still fine...

Please keep those sets doing something like "deals x amount of damage if you do some actions" no allowed in PvP.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe give this at least a day? Need to actually play it for long enough to see what people do.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything to get rid of crimson.
  • Vyseman
    Vyseman
    ✭✭✭
    Procs ofc. i want my Wild Hunt and monsterset back :neutral:
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think Zos would get a lot of backlash if they banned all but 18 sets in Cyrodiil permanently, and rightly so-- people bought content specifically for some of these sets.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Zos would get a lot of backlash if they banned all but 18 sets in Cyrodiil permanently, and rightly so-- people bought content specifically for some of these sets.

Like they care. The same argument is made every time they do massive changes and yet, every three months is another round. They are very good at ignoring it by now.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Maybe give this at least a day? Need to actually play it for long enough to see what people do.

I already said that from the very beginning..
    "(you may test for a few more days before voting)"
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything to get rid of crimson.

Crimson is really annoying... May be the most OP set at PvP now... No skill at all... It just do everything for you...
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe allow only one procs set active at time? It will add diversity and not have a single light action causing chained 3 procs dam from it.

So consider allowing only one proc from either monster/two 5 pc proc sets. If someone wears all monster/mythic/5 pc sets, just have one random proc active.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a solid option would be making it so that in pvp proc sets 5th piece bonus is instead replaced with a stat bonus
    for example
    Zaan
    1pc: +833 spell critical
    2pc: When you deal damage with a light or heavy attack you have a 33% chance to fire a beam of flames dealign 2010 fire daamge every 1 second for 6 seconds, this damage increased by 100% for every second it fires, if you move more than 8 meters from the target the beam stops working, 18 second coodldown, does not function in PvP
    2pc: in PvP grant +350 spell damage
  • WuChiWuGen
    WuChiWuGen
    ✭✭✭
    Why buy content if we can't use the new gear? They shooting themselves in the foot.
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO

The second I got hit with a light attack and had 2 different procs put on me was all the time I needed. Also watching a content creator light attack himself to over a million damage in a BG was also all the time I needed to see the proc meta completely ruin PvP.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The second I got hit with a light attack and had 2 different procs put on me was all the time I needed. Also watching a content creator light attack himself to over a million damage in a BG was also all the time I needed to see the proc meta completely ruin PvP.

Trust me. I am not a fan of the meta, but I know enough to ask what unintended side effects occur. It's not just damage or heal procs they disabled
    Edited by techyeshic on February 15, 2021 6:45PM
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should wait until near the end of the test to make this poll. We are only about 12 hours into the test right now.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great and stuff, but... is it just me, or "break free" / CC break does not work ?
    30K stamina and can not do it... did they changed something recently ?

I am pretty sure that both of my mice buttons are working...
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think completely breaking a majority of the sets in the game in PvP is a good idea.

If ZOS is going to make that permanent, they're going to have to explicitly give people separate PvP loadouts, and probably totally disconnect PvP gear from PvE gear (as in, the only gear allowed in PvP will have to be earned in PvP, with some sort of baseline gear provided when you join a campaign for the first time).
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't even believe that pvp can be that fun again. Strange times for sure.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapachia wrote: »
    Maybe allow only one procs set active at time? It will add diversity and not have a single light action causing chained 3 procs dam from it.

So consider allowing only one proc from either monster/two 5 pc proc sets. If someone wears all monster/mythic/5 pc sets, just have one random proc active.
    This could be a good idea by allowing you to use either a monster set or a mythic or a 5 piece or a weapon set with a proc but not all 4 at once...
    Great and stuff, but... is it just me, or "break free" / CC break does not work ?
    30K stamina and can not do it... did they changed something recently ?

I am pretty sure that both of my mice buttons are working...

Been broken for years multiple bug reports and all you get is an email telling you to not spread false rumors... rip
    Edited by SshadowSscale on February 15, 2021 9:18PM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to keep Vicious Death though
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with how zos treats procs and what all falls under proc sets id say sets need an re work more then we need none proc pvp atm , now if they are able to re work what an proc is then having none proc pvp might be ok but under the sets atm that aint proc related 15/500 sets that leaves way to many sets useless and thats bad for game
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with how zos treats procs and what all falls under proc sets id say sets need an re work more then we need none proc pvp atm , now if they are able to re work what an proc is then having none proc pvp might be ok but under the sets atm that aint proc related 15/500 sets that leaves way to many sets useless and thats bad for game

I am sure that a lot of sets will be adjusyed if the data show a significant enough improvement in performance with no procs with will give us more set and on top of that all cyrodil sets will be reworked to not be procs and possibly bgs and ic sets to if zos adds the no proc condition to all of the pvp zones
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who *** cares, still lags like ***.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭
    If the game's going to be lagging just as bad, and it has been this afternoon & evening, I'd rather be lagging with my procs than not. :)
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure that a lot of sets will be adjusyed if the data show a significant enough improvement in performance with no procs with will give us more set and on top of that all cyrodil sets will be reworked to not be procs and possibly bgs and ic sets to if zos adds the no proc condition to all of the pvp zones

there aint any i just logged in and geared out went into pvp and nothing changed other then not dealing with procs but lag is still bad was jumping/skipping around with skills not going off while solo on an ress fighting nothing but npcs 2 keeps away from frontlines where the fight was going on
    SO NO PROC SETS BEING IN OR OUT MAKES GAME BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE THEY CAN GET AN REAL FIX AT SOME POINT AS NOTHING HAS HELPED BUT TO UP THE SERVER USE/POWER FOR PVP ZONE LIKE FOR EVENTS
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From an OCE perspective playing in NA prime. It's significantly better. We can actually get some skills off instead of just running around and dying. Lots of lag in huge fights, but we can actually do something. Nothing like before, no dc or desync yet.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play with CP Cyrodiil of PC NA. (3 alliance is full)
    The game balance is good and fun.
    But server performance is bad.
    It may be due to heal skills.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally there would be proc campaigns and no-proc campaigns, like how there's CP and no-CP campaigns. That way everyone's happy.
    Based on what I've seen so far, I'd personally pick the no-proc campaigns, but I get others would want procs enabled.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter if there are proc sets active or not if skills aren't working and I'm constantly being kicked to the login screen. This hasn't affected performance in a positive way in the slightest.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    I think a solid option would be making it so that in pvp proc sets 5th piece bonus is instead replaced with a stat bonus
    for example
    Zaan
    1pc: +833 spell critical
    2pc: When you deal damage with a light or heavy attack you have a 33% chance to fire a beam of flames dealign 2010 fire daamge every 1 second for 6 seconds, this damage increased by 100% for every second it fires, if you move more than 8 meters from the target the beam stops working, 18 second coodldown, does not function in PvP
    2pc: in PvP grant +350 spell damage

I'd like to see similar changes too.
    Natures of PvP and PvE are far different from each other but the two game modes are adopting the same set of gears - it's one of the factors making PvP balance of this game so horrible.

Some sets might be created for fighting dungeon or trial mobs or bosses, but they perform extremely overpowered in PvP.
    For example Crimson maybe a good PvE tank set but it's broken-strong in PvP.
    If ZOS nerf the set for balancing PvP, PvEers will be unhappy; If ZOS keep the set as it is for PvE, PvPers will be unhappy.

One of the solutions making both sides satisfied could be simply separate some bonuses in PvP / PvE.
    If the sets are used in PvP, they should not directly deal damage for you, but they can ASSIST you.

Personally I don't like proc sets, however I understand that as some people mentioned, ZOS want players to buy new contents for new gears, so it's unlikely they'll remove all proc sets in Cyrodiil...
    I'm not any kind of programmers and I have no idea about how difficult it is to code different set bonuses, but I hope they'll at least do something for PvP (if they still care)...
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    kapachia wrote: »

This is stupid. Look:

One of my PvP characters was running:
    • Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

If only one of those is active at a time, It's still overpowered. I'm a PROC USER IN CYRO only because everyone else was using them and they're stronger than base-stat sets!! It was *dumb*! I am tired of so much cheese in Cyro, I'm willing to give up my own proc builds to see skill beat skill (which is what PvP should be about, not who farmed longer than who, or who has more gold).

edited myself for profane language.
    Edited by Syrpynt on February 16, 2021 6:46PM