Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Proc Set Test - Vote for your perference

• SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the no-proc Cyrodiil, please make it permeant!
    kapachia wrote: »
    Maybe allow only one procs set active at time? It will add diversity and not have a single light action causing chained 3 procs dam from it.

So consider allowing only one proc from either monster/two 5 pc proc sets. If someone wears all monster/mythic/5 pc sets, just have one random proc active.

I would rather say allow one proc set per char meaning of you are using for example crimson... that is your proc sets... no other proc set will proc only that one will proc..... this still allows some way of build diversety while avoiding the insane proc builds running around now.... so this will force to choose between a mythic proc a monster set proc or a 5 piece proc.... rest has to be stat sets.... also zos has to refine a bit more what a proc set is..... seducer is not a proc set its just coded badly
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the proc Cyrodiil, Bring me back the proc party in Cyrodiil!.
    Procs are fine but they need to scale damage stats like abilities and be able to crit
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came back after a long break just for this test .. so far I dont see much of improvement performance-wise, but I m really enjoying teh noCP & no-proc sets playstyle. even with such a short list of sets
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the no-proc PvP, but the definition of proc sets may be a bit too tight now considering game play.

It may be good if the sets only granting X% of stamina / health / magicka can be used. Anyway, the current allowed list is still fine...

Please keep those sets doing something like "deals x amount of damage if you do some actions" no allowed in PvP.

Same feeling here, and players came with amazing propositions to balance it out
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    also zos has to refine a bit more what a proc set is

Indeed. There are only 19 sets in this game that aren't considered as procs.

I could live with a watered down version of your idea that only limits procs that damage/ heal on their own and excludes stat increasing/ buffing proc sets like briarheart, bloodspawn, tonal necklace etc.

But then again, it's only a bandaid fix.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should have been a poll option for "Make both Proc and No-Proc Campaigns"
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel relief seeing much more people voting for no-procs :) Haters gonna hate, but most people see that many procs was cancer in Cyrodiil.

I think that the best option will be manually choosing of proc sets allowed in Cyrodiil - for example all minor and major buffs or conditioned stats should be ok. Just disable everything which have impact on other players and self healing like crimson.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there could be more sets available thats not so detrimental to the fun. Like chudan or bloodspawn or bright throat etc, meet somewhere in the middle.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have made another option. There are sooo many sets that are currently disabled that aren't ridiculous proc sets.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be okay with it, if they removed some proc sets. But removing every single proc set is ridiculous. Everyone is going to be running around in the same sets. No creativity. Hours farming and grinding for sets for nothing. All the time and energy into making a build is moot.

Welcome to bland Cyrodiil where they cater to people who don't want to l2p.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Maybe allow only one procs set active at time? It will add diversity and not have a single light action causing chained 3 procs dam from it.

So consider allowing only one proc from either monster/two 5 pc proc sets. If someone wears all monster/mythic/5 pc sets, just have one random proc active.

This is stupid. Look:

One of my PvP characters was running:
    • Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

If only one of those is active at a time, It's still overpowered. I'm a PROC USER IN CYRO only because everyone else was using them and they're stronger than base-stat sets!! It was *dumb*! I am tired of so much cheese in Cyro, I'm willing to give up my own proc builds to see skill beat skill (which is what PvP should be about, not who farmed longer than who, or who has more gold).

edited myself for profane language.

Hours people spent making a build does matter. Putting in effort does matter. Making everyone run the same 15 sets is boring. People are still going to min max and everyone will end up running the same 3 sets. Just a bunch of xers running around. No build diversity. No chance to make a fun unique build, everyone runs the same thing and that's that.

• LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have made another option. There are sooo many sets that are currently disabled that aren't ridiculous proc sets.

Read my 2nd comment made long ago on Feb 15.
    Quoted below again for easy reading...

"I really like the no-proc PvP, but the definition of proc sets may be a bit too tight now considering game play.

It may be good if the sets only granting X% of stamina / health / magicka can be used. Anyway, the current allowed list is still fine...

Please keep those sets doing something like "deals x amount of damage if you do some actions" no allowed in PvP."
    Edited by LightYagami on March 6, 2021 1:03AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read my 2nd comment made long ago on Feb 15.
    Quoted below again for easy reading...

"I really like the no-proc PvP, but the definition of proc sets may be a bit too tight now considering game play.

Please keep those sets doing something like "deals x amount of damage if you do some actions" no allowed in PvP."

I agree somewhat but some of those damage proc sets were far from being op. How many times have you seen Vice Canon on your recap. I'm willing to bet you died more times due to the other players running EV but that wont show up on a recap. They should have adjusted the main sets everyone was complaining about instead of removing more then half the game from Cyrodiil.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is stupid. Look:

• Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

If only one of those is active at a time, It's still overpowered. I'm a PROC USER IN CYRO only because everyone else was using them and they're stronger than base-stat sets!! It was *dumb*! I am tired of so much cheese in Cyro, I'm willing to give up my own proc builds to see skill beat skill (which is what PvP should be about, not who farmed longer than who, or who has more gold).

Hours people spent making a build does matter. Putting in effort does matter. Making everyone run the same 15 sets is boring. People are still going to min max and everyone will end up running the same 3 sets. Just a bunch of xers running around. No build diversity. No chance to make a fun unique build, everyone runs the same thing and that's that.

Lots of people PvP with the intention to win fights. Meta builds exist because of that, unless you're there to roleplay i don't see how running the same 15 sets is an issue
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

This is stupid. Look:

• Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

Lots of people PvP with the intention to win fights. Meta builds exist because of that, unless you're there to roleplay i don't see how running the same 15 sets is an issue

Because thats boring. I don't know about most people but I spent a lot of time getting Mythics, gear etc, and not even the main proc set culprits everyone cries about and now we can't use them in Cyrodiil until September?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because thats boring. I don't know about most people but I spent a lot of time getting Mythics, gear etc, and not even the main proc set culprits everyone cries about and now we can't use them in Cyrodiil until September?

There's no guarantee you'll be able to use them in September, either.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

There's no guarantee you'll be able to use them in September, either.

Thats what worries me. The limited list is boring already. I'll stick to BGs or look into other games if this is the route they are going to take. Its kind of shady to do this after so many people spent money on new content strictly to use it in pvp. Oh I'm sorry and old content, we can't even use some sets they came out when the game first came out, thats insane. I'm glad I spent all that time getting my crafting up so I can make NMA oh wait thats a "proc set" now. They just dumbed down pvp in Cyrodiil big time.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No procs everyday of the week! If I die, I want it to be because of skilled players and NOT proc sets.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All new polls were against the extension of the test, got closed and linked to this old poll that was started when the test was new and exciting. The outcome of those polls show it.

This poll does not have the option of a no test and a test campaign...

Zos please keep one of the new polls open.

Edit: Since there is no option to have a proc and a no proc campaign im voting for procs
    Edited by Elo106 on March 6, 2021 2:09PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, this poll is very clear and no proc seems to be very popular.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Id be fine with a proc campaign and a no proc campaign, but i like coming up with new gear combos. its stupid to make 90% of the sets in game not work in cyrodill
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll was made on day one + you can't change your vote! Why does it get to be kept open, while new ones are being closed?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Dimpfel
    Dimpfel
    ✭✭
    What the heck ZOS? You close current polls and refer to a very outdated one, which has been active since day 1. Especially since you can't even change your vote ... With the other votes it was very clear that a lot of people were AGAINST! But of course you can manipulate the polls in this way ... Really sad ...
    RIP Cyro ...
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

This is stupid. Look:

• Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

What? Lol. If you're an RPer you wouldn't care about the changes because you're not even there to kill people. I literally just explained why I do not like the change and you just word vomit all over the place, your comment does not even make sense.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimpfel wrote: »
    What the heck ZOS? You close current polls and refer to a very outdated one, which has been active since day 1. Especially since you can't even change your vote ... With the other votes it was very clear that a lot of people were AGAINST! But of course you can manipulate the polls in this way ... Really sad ...
    RIP Cyro ...

Yes, they have left the most biased poll open because it supports what they will do. The number of people coming out of the woodwork to comment on how much they dislike the changes should be apparent. They need to stop focusing on what people are whining about and focus on ACTUALLY fixing performance . If taking out proc sets does not fix performance, stop wasting time and energy to fix something that has no impact on performance.

Time is better spent figuring out how actually to fix lag. Now they will be spending time figuring out how to make proc sets balanced, and the gameplay is still going to be atrocious.
  • Zurbis
    Zurbis
    Soul Shriven
    Create new official poll because a lot new information and changes. And please explain me how twice born star is proc?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Okay, this poll is very clear and no proc seems to be very popular.

This poll was made on the first day of the test, before they decided to delete the vast majority of sets we earned for half a year. ZOS is closing the relevant polls, and leaving the one that puts them in the most favorable light.

The real (unbiased) poll made after the announcement yesterday is here, but closed:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/563888/poll-no-procs-on-all-campaigns-or-only-a-few

Edited by Jaraal on March 6, 2021 4:59PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the gameplay better right now, however I think it is enormously unfair how they went about this.... it's exactly what they did with healing.
    "Here, come test this so we can see if it helps"
    "Ugh, ok"
    "Well, it didn't really help but GUESS WHAT we are keeping it"
    It was fun for 3 weeks of testing, but they have run their tests and found it did not help performance.
    Time to end it, and focus on the fix.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread should be closed.
    People and moderators redirecting people for this biased poll, that was created BEFORE yesterday announcement.
    PC | EU | AD | "@Saidden"| 1700 CP|
  • Daemonai
    Daemonai
    ✭✭✭✭
    A total of ~300 people decided the fate of Cyrodil for the next 6 months, LOL.

I'd implore ZoS to allow this poll to be taken again—rather than redirect people to this month's old poll—now that more people understand the gravity of what's at stake.

Cyrodil has never been my preferred arena of PvP, so I personally don't care much, but I think this is a pretty big blunder on ZoS's part.

Edited by Daemonai on March 6, 2021 6:20PM