Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Proc Set Test - Vote for your perference

• CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daemonai wrote: »
    A total of about ~300 people decided the fate of Cyrodil for the next 6 months, LOL.

I'd implore ZoS to allow this poll to be taken again—rather than redirect people to this month's old poll—now that more people understand the gravity of what's at stake.

Cyrodil has never been my prefered arena of PvP, so I personally don't care much, but I think this is a pretty bad blunder on ZoS's part.

It is more likely that it was one person who doesn't even play the game that they are listening to.
    Options
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the proc Cyrodiil, Bring me back the proc party in Cyrodiil!.
    Unbelievable we have another pool and the majority there wana a campagn with and without proc sets and ZOS just closed the pool????

Why ZOS?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/563888/poll-no-procs-on-all-campaigns-or-only-a-few
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the no-proc Cyrodiil, please make it permeant!
    ZOS_GinaBrunoZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

======================================================================================================

Does this statement suggest that they will indeed be looking at having multiple rulesets for procs on different server? I lean that it does, though it is not a certainty. I see a lot of responses to various threads hoping for just such a thing. Personally I would like to see them develop PvP gear only for Cyro, and perhaps PvP in general. Something that tightens the power delta when it relates to gear.

People talk about build diversity through sets, and theory crafting which is fun in its own right. However, there really isn't gear diversity, there is gear progression. If 10/10 are wearing hundings, or 10/10 are wearing NMA, or 10/10 are wearing Crimson it's not diversity, it's progression and moving the bar. Most recently the bar moved to proc sets, and low and behold the majority of people had to suit up in procs, or lag behind the curve. Many people didn't like that, free damage this, and light attack proc that. Before that people didn't like 6k weap dmg tanks that could sprint and sustain forever, and heal from 20% to full instantly. And so on and so on.

Power creep is not only a CP thing it is a gear progression thing. The sets available made it possible for people to do it all, and people don't like that. The more gear diversity there is the more imbalance there is between people meta'd out, and those new people trying to figure it out. The more gear diversity there is, some 500 sets, the more likely it is that when some set breaks, and someone stumbles on a way to exploit that broken set, that it flies under the radar for longer periods of time. The diversity that there is in all of those 500 sets is an illusion, as only 20 or so will fit into any meta. Those not using it will be sheep which maybe is what people want.

People have been asking for soft caps for hp, and health based heals, hp regen. Builds were possible that allowed 8k weapon damage with 30k resists and 2500 sustain. Talk about a wide delta. If this is what you need to be successful in PvP, some kind of incredible gear advantage over most others because of your theory crafting prowess, or whatever else you are using to get said advantage, well then too damn bad in my opinion. PvP should never be that much about the gear you wear and so little about the skill you display in the field.

Build diversity is bad for PvP balance period. There needs to be small amounts of it that do not and can not overwhelm skill. I say this as someone who probably isn't very skilled, and can use all of the gear help I can attain, but it's not good for the game to have such a wide power gap, especially when the newer, less skilled players are already at that disadvantage. To add to that some wide gear delta that makes one person's light attacks more powerful than another's ulti's is a bad direction for the game to go.
    Edited by Ranger209 on March 6, 2021 6:46PM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have made another option. There are sooo many sets that are currently disabled that aren't ridiculous proc sets.

This. I dont like proccs at all, but im talking about things like calurion, icy conjuror and VAT weapons. PvP should meet somewhere in the middle, a compromise if you will, making statbuilds and proccbuilds just as viable as the others and anything in between.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll should pop up everytime you enter a DLC area or pick up/creat an item that can't be used it cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove the Free Damage Procs like Crimson then we'd be good.
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
    Options
  • Vyseman
    Vyseman
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Zele wrote: »
    Just remove the Free Damage Procs like Crimson then we'd be good.

crimson isnt even good lol. Just go out of the Proc and enemy dont have any dmg and heal from it. Crimson, Zaan, Vateshran are the 3 easiest procs to outplay
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I voted that I like it, but there should've been an option to include that it'd be for a separate campaign with CP and No-CP options.
    Options
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    I voted that I like it, but there should've been an option to include that it'd be for a separate campaign with CP and No-CP options.

Exactly. We did another pool with this option but ZOS just closed.

In the other pool the strong majority was voting for a non proc set campaign, but looks like ZOS decided just to ignore the players right now.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't vote because consoles haven't had a chance to play this and ZoS is closing all other polls in favour of an old one that doesn't cover much. RIP.
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm neutral, either proc or no-proc would be fine.
    considering forum mods closed down the more recent poll on this topic with a majority vote against the no procs after announcing that they would persist for another 6 months ima voting against it here again
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    considering forum mods closed down the more recent poll on this topic with a majority vote against the no procs after announcing that they would persist for another 6 months ima voting against it here again

Yes, this poll needs more votes.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
    Options
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    kapachia wrote: »
    Maybe allow only one procs set active at time? It will add diversity and not have a single light action causing chained 3 procs dam from it.

So consider allowing only one proc from either monster/two 5 pc proc sets. If someone wears all monster/mythic/5 pc sets, just have one random proc active.

This is stupid. Look:

One of my PvP characters was running:
    • Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

If only one of those is active at a time, It's still overpowered. I'm a PROC USER IN CYRO only because everyone else was using them and they're stronger than base-stat sets!! It was *dumb*! I am tired of so much cheese in Cyro, I'm willing to give up my own proc builds to see skill beat skill (which is what PvP should be about, not who farmed longer than who, or who has more gold).

edited myself for profane language.

Hours people spent making a build does matter. Putting in effort does matter. Making everyone run the same 15 sets is boring. People are still going to min max and everyone will end up running the same 3 sets. Just a bunch of xers running around. No build diversity. No chance to make a fun unique build, everyone runs the same thing and that's that.

Lots of people PvP with the intention to win fights. Meta builds exist because of that, unless you're there to roleplay i don't see how running the same 15 sets is an issue

Because thats boring. I don't know about most people but I spent a lot of time getting Mythics, gear etc, and not even the main proc set culprits everyone cries about and now we can't use them in Cyrodiil until September?

Boring is a subjective judgment, we can't work with that argument.
    Options
  • sdh91885
    sdh91885
    ✭✭
    Anything to get rid of crimson.

Block.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayserix wrote: »
    Maybe allow only one procs set active at time? It will add diversity and not have a single light action causing chained 3 procs dam from it.

So consider allowing only one proc from either monster/two 5 pc proc sets. If someone wears all monster/mythic/5 pc sets, just have one random proc active.

This is stupid. Look:

• Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

If only one of those is active at a time, It's still overpowered. I'm a PROC USER IN CYRO only because everyone else was using them and they're stronger than base-stat sets!! It was *dumb*! I am tired of so much cheese in Cyro, I'm willing to give up my own proc builds to see skill beat skill (which is what PvP should be about, not who farmed longer than who, or who has more gold).

Hours people spent making a build does matter. Putting in effort does matter. Making everyone run the same 15 sets is boring. People are still going to min max and everyone will end up running the same 3 sets. Just a bunch of xers running around. No build diversity. No chance to make a fun unique build, everyone runs the same thing and that's that.

Lots of people PvP with the intention to win fights. Meta builds exist because of that, unless you're there to roleplay i don't see how running the same 15 sets is an issue

Because thats boring. I don't know about most people but I spent a lot of time getting Mythics, gear etc, and not even the main proc set culprits everyone cries about and now we can't use them in Cyrodiil until September?

Yes but my wallet is and it will stay closed until they figure this out.
    Options
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Jayserix wrote: »

This is stupid. Look:

• Maelstrom Battleaxe
    • Master's Dual Wield
    • Blood Drinker
    • Unleashed Fury

Yes but my wallet is and it will stay closed until they figure this out.

As it should be ;)
    Options
  • kingsirdrmr
    kingsirdrmr
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets don't stop or perpetuate player skill imbalance by themselves. I feel like this no-proc inquisition hated the sets to a point where anything hurting the meta sheep and ball group guilds is good for them, even if it's bad for the pvp scene as a whole. The devs seem to agree and hate proc sets, too; it's not like ZOS has to appease such a group from pressure.

Some of the most fun theorycrafting items and sets aren't even op. So much for good troll/weird builds.
    For the Queen! | PC/NA, Cyrodiil, IC, Quests, CP 2000+[*] Tyaminal-rabi | Khajiiti Sorceress [*] Vita-rabi | Khajiiti Warden werewolf[*] Dr Good-and-Sexy | Argonian Warden[*] the Southern Mare | Redguard Necromancer[*] Sally Two-Horns | Orsimer Nightblade
    Options
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    [...]even if it's bad for the pvp scene as a whole[...]

That's an opinion, there are no evidence behind it
    Options
  • Vyseman
    Vyseman
    ✭✭✭
    Votes doesnt help btw. [snip]

Thats the best Example " We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same "
    from alot means from 2% of the Whole Playerbase huh?
    The most ppls are all sayin the Same.. Servers are GARBAGE LAGGY when the Tests Starts and doesnt have Changed

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 2:37PM
    Options
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Vyseman wrote: »
    [...]
    from alot means from 2% of the Whole Playerbase huh?
    The most ppls are all sayin [...]

I bet you have numbers to back that up heh
    Options
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just nerf proc sets & malacath instead of disabling everything, 6 months of boring bland pvp. WP zos you sure know how to take the lazy route.
    Options
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote to have ZOS actually support the game they sell/sold to us. Now they have taken our money and are asking for more of our financial investment while delivering a very different product than they are advertising or that we have paid for in some key regards.

Why can't they just support the game as they've always said they do and will?
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were builds in the game where some people would not die without multiple siege on them.

Sorry, those days are over and the game is fun as hell again.

Buying a DLC does not entitle you to use some broken proc set against me. Stack your stats and come have some fun.

Quit if you want. Cry if you want. Unsub if you want. More people are coming back to play than are leaving.
    Edited by Minalan on March 8, 2021 4:24PM
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooo 55% which is the majority. Interesting!
    Options
  • Vyseman
    Vyseman
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo 55% which is the majority. Interesting!

yes cuz its not up2date. ZOS Closed the newest Poll
    Options
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Build diversity is bad for PvP balance period. There needs to be small amounts of it that do not and can not overwhelm skill. I say this as someone who probably isn't very skilled, and can use all of the gear help I can attain, but it's not good for the game to have such a wide power gap, especially when the newer, less skilled players are already at that disadvantage. To add to that some wide gear delta that makes one person's light attacks more powerful than another's ulti's is a bad direction for the game to go.
    Build diversity shouldn't be the same thing as incredible power gap between builds. Build diversity isn't that there's some "secret" builds that give you twice the stats of someone else. Build diversity is that you have different plausible builds and you don't have to farm for the meta sets to be competitive.

I used to love running inefficient meme builds. I had a stam sorc with Prisoner's rags and dark deal who literally had to sprint all the time to have any recovery. Before the current vampire changes I had a vamp magicka NB who used Invigorating drain as CC and hunted cloak NBs. Sure they weren't great but I had fun. But with power creep it became impossible to run anything like that as you got erased as soon as someone looked at you. It became all about having the latest DLC for Malacath, Snow treaders, Balorgh, Crimson whatever.

Build diversity is good, it can make the game fun. But someone having twice your stats isn't build diversity.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Build diversity shouldn't be the same thing as incredible power gap between builds. Build diversity isn't that there's some "secret" builds that give you twice the stats of someone else. Build diversity is that you have different plausible builds and you don't have to farm for the meta sets to be competitive.

I used to love running inefficient meme builds. I had a stam sorc with Prisoner's rags and dark deal who literally had to sprint all the time to have any recovery. Before the current vampire changes I had a vamp magicka NB who used Invigorating drain as CC and hunted cloak NBs. Sure they weren't great but I had fun. But with power creep it became impossible to run anything like that as you got erased as soon as someone looked at you. It became all about having the latest DLC for Malacath, Snow treaders, Balorgh, Crimson whatever.

Build diversity is good, it can make the game fun. But someone having twice your stats isn't build diversity.

Yep, I was running around with Vicecanon and Sheer Venom for a while just because I like dot setups and wanted to get away from Venmous smite.
    Options
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Now we have Cyrodill with no diversity and the incredible power gap between class. A sorc destroying a magcro or a magblade or a magden or magplr it is the most unbalanced thing I ever see in this game.

Now the gap it is WORST!!!

And the server are infested by happy Sorcs claiming they are "skilled players" that love non proc Cyrodill.

Sincerely this is a joke that we are seeing in this patch a bad joke.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we have Cyrodill with no diversity and the incredible power gap between class. A sorc destroying a magcro or a magblade or a magden or magplr it is the most unbalanced thing I ever see in this game.

And the server are infested by happy Sorcs claiming they are "skilled players" that love non proc Cyrodill.

Yep, I rolled a new, purpose built magsorc after the announcement that I wouldn't have access to 95% of my hard earned gear for at least half a year, and probably longer, as there's no guarantee they will "have the code in place" by then. And I'm destroying everybody who isn't also a sorcerer.

Gear was a tool to fill the gaps in the class disparity, and ZOS has completely removed that variable. Cyro has already been boring since the start of the test.... and I don't forsee any changes for a long time, as ZOS already has their hands full trying to manage the unintended fallout of completely reworking one of the games core mechanics (CP.)
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Yep, I rolled a new, purpose built magsorc after the announcement that I wouldn't have access to 95% of my hard earned gear for at least half a year, and probably longer, as there's no guarantee they will "have the code in place" by then. And I'm destroying everybody who isn't also a sorcerer.

Gear was a tool to fill the gaps in the class disparity, and ZOS has completely removed that variable. Cyro has already been boring since the start of the test.... and I don't forsee any changes for a long time, as ZOS already has their hands full trying to manage the unintended fallout of completely reworking one of the games core mechanics (CP.)

I guess then it’s time for another well-deserved round of MagSorc nerfs.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options