Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Apex mounts are becoming a joke... compared to the older models...now its Radiant or bust.

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭

Next crates Apex mount:

aw_crwn_mounts_nenalataayleidhorse_1x1-1cb3cb17302e.jpg

Akaveri Apex mount

aw_crwn_mounts_akaviripotentatecharger_1x1-5b1b9158d693.jpg

Nightfall apex

ON-card-Cursebound_Horse.png

Previous Apex mounts that if they came out now would be a Radiant Apex for sure

4ead51bf41c810cb6a186ccd7b8ea6ff.jpg

360af0a0a9f7c3d02cb77ff0020f212f.jpg

Dxr2XXGVAAMVvUj?format=jpg&name=large

41cca710270ec2d263664b895c2949dc.jpg

Edited by WiseSky on February 11, 2021 6:43AM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't people been asking for more tame mounts? Ones not so fantastical?
    Options
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crates are getting worse and worse. It's been at least a year since i've really liked anything in the crates except for maybe a pet here and there that i just get with a stock of gems. The mounts in this game are the most boring of any MMORPG i have played. I really wish they put the effort into crown items that they put into them in beginning.
    Just the fact that every single apex mount are locked behind loot crates makes them useless and the normal mounts are behind micto transactions. So damn greedy

Nah you can get crown crates for gold now. Get 4 crates for 250k-500k gold. Make that much gold in an evening.
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly dislike mounts that look like Christmas tree. So I like "normal creature in fancy armor" mounts. What I don't like is the lack of diversity - it's always the same set of animals. On the other hand, if they add welwa mounts to crown crates I might have a bit of a money problem.
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I strongly dislike mounts that look like Christmas tree. So I like "normal creature in fancy armor" mounts. What I don't like is the lack of diversity - it's always the same set of animals. On the other hand, if they add welwa mounts to crown crates I might have a bit of a money problem.

Still wanting that Wamasu mount
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gloomspore was the last time the crates had apex mounts that were proper apex mounts, the Nightfall Apex mounts were alright visually save for the little known fact that they had NO SPECIAL SUMMON OR SPACE BAR ANIMATIONS!!!
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 11, 2021 8:39AM
    Options
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to perch on a little mudcrab and skitter along on that.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
    Options
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night Frost Artonach Steed is a joke, a little whirlwind and vapor emanating from it. This suppose to be a Radiant! ESO creators need to get more imaginative!
    Options
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion.
    Nightfall and Akaviri apex is the most beautiful one.

Radiant are to overtuned with glowing, the mount in the third picture looks too bulky, too many details have been put on it, which completely ruined the whole aesthetics. Radiant apex are ugly with exception of this skeleton horse, which looks quite bearable, does not tire the eyes, looks quite realistic for the TES universe that we know from previous games. I would buy it. The rest is just awful.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
    Options
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the very few MMOS where there is a very little chance to earn mounts by playing the game. I understand microtransaction but ESO is bit over the top
    Edited by mickeyx on February 11, 2021 10:05AM
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Haven't people been asking for more tame mounts? Ones not so fantastical?

I was not aware of that...

A lot of non magical mounts are found for 100 gems or the legendary rewards you can get for each crown crates season.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Terry_Arquett
    Terry_Arquett
    ✭✭✭
    Akaveri crates are really not outstanding in design(
    but Ayleid Crown Crates are very beautiful.
    besides the apex mount there are many other really beautiful items.
    Mount Bloodroot Wild Hunt Senche or Mount Culandaborn Senche)
    e4da4ccbd4db9471c8439a3d982c1e67.jpg
    ebd601bb528079ec52da9ebd4472b48a.jpg
    Necronomicon
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akaveri crates are really not outstanding in design(
    but Ayleid Crown Crates are very beautiful.
    besides the apex mount there are many other really beautiful items.
    Mount Bloodroot Wild Hunt Senche or Mount Culandaborn Senche)
    ebd601bb528079ec52da9ebd4472b48a.jpg

well you prove my point... those are Radiant Apex mounts

you need to buy 400 Crates to get one of them

so rent for the month or one of those mounts
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't go any faster I just don't see the point. You have to pay extra for these which is a definite no. IMHO most of these actually look stupid. Give me Mr Ed every time
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This mounts real name is the Canadian

Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think that all Apex mounts lacks something that makes them really outstanding, that sets them apart from "normal" mounts. Cheesy armor and the glow are a matter of taste anyway, but they don't have any special properties. You should get e.g. a certain bonus on your health/stamina/magicka, or a bonus on experience gain if you have equipped an Apex mount (thus, if it is activated, because you can't do anything else while riding).
    Options
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly I do not understand the importance of mount bling.
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm very sad that they keep making Apex mounts very boring. Plain mounts are not worth 400 gems for me :/
    I love to see interesting effects in movement, and if mount costs 400 gems... it better offer some quality effects for such price :|

Even Radiant Apex mounts rarely interest me in newer crate seasons.
    Nightfall Apex mounts were alright visually save for the little known fact that they had NO SPECIAL SUMMON OR SPACE BAR ANIMATIONS!

100% agree! :'( I was sure that designers would add effects to these fierce mounts based on our feedback... Such a wasted opportunity to make proper creepy mounts :/ I mean, they all have non-default voices to match their appearance - why don't they also have any summoning animations and effects? I almost never use these mounts cause of this.
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I think that all Apex mounts lacks something that makes them really outstanding, that sets them apart from "normal" mounts. Cheesy armor and the glow are a matter of taste anyway, but they don't have any special properties. You should get e.g. a certain bonus on your health/stamina/magicka, or a bonus on experience gain if you have equipped an Apex mount (thus, if it is activated, because you can't do anything else while riding).

It would be cool to have special things like that but then.. it would not be a Cosmetic it would be P2W and that would break the whole ESO community.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭

LORE
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    It would be cool to have special things like that but then.. it would not be a Cosmetic it would be P2W and that would break the whole ESO community.

That's true, then there should be the possibility that Apex mounts with certain properties can be earned for everyone in the game and are not limited to crown crates. But that will probably not happen, then the source of income will be lost.
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many mounts after 4 years of playing, I don't need anymore. I mostly use the New Moon Horse, the Frostbane Horse or when its Halloween, I'll mount the Hollowjack Rider Horse
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tuxon wrote: »

LORE

You mean the lore that Argonians have had progress in taming wamasu?
    Edited by Iccotak on February 11, 2021 12:23PM
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I much prefer the more "normal" looking ones. Despise the fiery, fungi, corpse, sparkly and whatnot garbage. The Baandari apex mounts are underrated!

Yes, instead of eyesores, give us unique lore fitting mounts! Wamasu, echatere, netch, welwa (with fur!) etc.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me and mine the flashy mounts are just too much.

i specifically dont buy crates because i dont want that overly complex league of legends mounts taking up space in my menu's

i do grab the nicely textured normal looking mounts when i see them, but they are few and far between.

but then again i dont care for the opal stuff either.

just not to my taste, though im sure they make lots of money off it all.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I want is the Shadow-Rider Senche mount. If I were ever lucky enough to get one I'd have it equiped for all my chatacters B)

p.s. I looked it up again to see what crate to be on the look out for and I see its been discontinued from the scalecaller crates :(

A8ndn57.png
    Edited by Odovacar on February 12, 2021 8:58PM
    Options
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    We need hoverbord mounts 😂
    Options
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Atronach and Gloomspore Mounts were pretty cool. Unfortunately, it's been a year since those.

The Mounts that are "Funny colored/transparent regular animal in Fancy Armor" are pretty lackluster.

I'm very hopeful for the Iron Atronach Crate Mounts. If they look even slightly like an Iron Atronach, they'll be really damn awesome.

Riding around on a Wolf made of Jagged and Molten Iron sounds pretty Metal. Pun intended.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly I do not understand the importance of mount bling.

This.

They're all ugly. I wouldn't take them for $10 if they were direct-buy.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 11, 2021 4:02PM
    Options
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normal mounts with armor shouldn't be more than purple legendary mounts (unless its really good armor).

I think they realized they couldn't keep up that level for all Apex mounts and lowered the quality immensely. Now I have tons of Apex mounts but you wouldn't be able to tell them from one offs that sell for 2k crowns.
    Options
  • Tesman85
    Tesman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, the OP is basically saying that good taste is a joke. Namely, those two mounts on the top look ten times better than the ones below. Sleek clear lines with nice-looking clean-shaped armor vs ridiculously gaudy, busy, over-the-top "hard-core" designs. The answer to the question which ones are aesthetically superior should be clear, but apparently isn't.

In general, I don't understand at all this obsession with apex/radiant apex mounts. To me they are rather ridiculous, and don't have better stats than normal ones. So what's the cry and hue about them? I have to admit I laughed out loud when someone was so very indignant about some mount not having special summoning animation and sound. Really, that's a reason to get worked up?

Then again, one of the apex mounts is ridiculous in a good way. The dwemer spider mount I would like to have, because it's so deliciously campy. But to pay upwards of 100 euros to get it? No way.

In sum, all the noise about mounts is a bit incomprehensible.
    Edited by Tesman85 on February 11, 2021 4:46PM
    Options