Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why the hell crown sales doesn't affect crown to gold rates. It's still too high

Wow
Wow
✭✭✭✭✭
On the exchange discord I'm in (WCE) the rate is still the same around 400-450 gold per crowns. The same price before there's sales.
738687100576071770.png

I guess no akaviri crates for me this christmas
754569478099959808.gif
Edited by Wow on December 23, 2020 1:43PM
I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because most people who do regularly sell crowns are already buying them at discounted prices.

Also, WCE doesn't have a set price. It's set by the individual sellers/ buyers. And since plenty of people are happy to buy at 400- 450 it won't go down.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on December 23, 2020 10:58AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    Sales don't cause the price to drop overnight, anyways sellers have 0 issues offloading crowns for as much as 600, so why would they even sell for less on a server with no fixed rates?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find it funny that the exchange rates are 5 times higher on PC (500 to 1) than on PS network (100 to 1).

Makes one think that maybe add-ons that help search prices on all traders does make a big difference in the amount of gold that players have.

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    On the exchange discord I'm in (WCE) the rate is still the same around 400-450 gold per crowns. The same price before there's sales.

I guess no akaviri crates for me this christmas
    754569478099959808.gif

Find a better crown seller maybe?
    Mine sells at 100 gold per crown(but only sell to guild member tough) i play on ps4 if it change anything
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of in-game disgusting capitalism, of course. Buy low sell high.
    🏳️🌈 Ride with Pride 🏳️🌈
    Stamina/Damage Sorcerer - PC - NA - DC
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    For TCE there's been more of a demand and less sellers. Also I think the amount of crowns people can buy was affected by Covid. A lot of people are still out of work and can't afford to buy Crowns like they could at one point. With that said I do miss the days they were lower in price but I just try to make due. Akavari crates will be around for another 2 months. Maybe 3
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many Crowns can I get for 600$ USD at discounted price?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I find it funny that the exchange rates are 5 times higher on PC (500 to 1) than on PS network (100 to 1).

Makes one think that maybe add-ons that help search prices on all traders does make a big difference in the amount of gold that players have.

No. Writs, on the other hand, are a huge gold spigot.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the servers i know sell for more than 500, 600-700 and people even buy them.
    too many buyers, too few sellers, it's only natural to raise the price.
    however, where do you find those sellers for 400 or less?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Probably because most people who do regularly sell crowns are already buying them at discounted prices.

Or getting them with their ESO+ sub.
    (which, I suppose counts as "buying at a discounted price")
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sale just started, and given how a crown-exclusive house has been released (and people are also waiting on stone-eagle aerie as well), people might hold on to their crowns. Be happy that people are willing to sell at all in this (generally bad) climate.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is sad when crown trading is an issue. The crown store is very much secondary to the game.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is sad when crown trading is an issue. The crown store is very much secondary to the game.

A topic doesn't have to be "primary" to the game, for it to be important to some of the players, or discussed on the forum.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't sell crowns, but when I do buy crowns I buy them during a crown sale. Which is basically never since u25. I would not sell them at a discounted rate, as the opportunity is for me the seller not for those buying crowns. It would be silly IMO to sell at a discounted rate. You could simply wait a week and sell then.
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭

If you, by any motive, can't be a esoplus member or buy crowns, then its not secondary. Its pretty much primary, since you'll not be able to access the new content available for others. (more than 2m for 5k of crowns...)
    Edited by Nowa133 on December 23, 2020 3:26PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky, I'm in CN and its 675 for housing and 625 for everything else
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't sell crowns, but when I do buy crowns I buy them during a crown sale. Which is basically never since u25. I would not sell them at a discounted rate, as the opportunity is for me the seller not for those buying crowns. It would be silly IMO to sell at a discounted rate. You could simply wait a week and sell then.

Not to mention, we are talking about real money. Complaining that people are valuing their real money at more than you want to give them fake currency for is insane.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I played on Xbox and now play on PC.

While on Xbox (and I assume PS) things are a lot more expensive, netting more gold per sale, everything takes a lot longer.

Doing writs on 18 charts on console will take close to 2 hours. On PC it will take 30-40 minutes.

Plus finding cheap items to flip is 100000x easier on PC.

To wrap it up, PC players started making gold almost 2 years before console.

In summary, there is a lot more gold on PC and it is a lot easier to make gold on PC, which might explain the inflation.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Was just gonna say this hell ps4 they fluxing on the 90g-100g ea too low for me to bother selling em
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there is hyper inflation and zos is not creating any real gold sinks.

On top of that you have people on forum cry about multi bid which is prolly the biggest existing gold sink.
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Not to mention, we are talking about real money. Complaining that people are valuing their real money at more than you want to give them fake currency for is insane.

That would be resolved if zos made a official way to trade crowns with a fixed rate.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not just Crown to gold rates, everything purchased with gold costs about double what it did a year ago. Chromium went from 70k to 140k, Spell Power potions went from 125 to 250 (caused by similar increase for alchemy reagents), Dreugh Wax went from 5k to 10k, Artaeum Pickled Fish went from 3k to 6k. Kinda makes sense that Crowns would also go from 200 to 400 with the reduced buying power of gold. I’m starting to believe the claims of inflation.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on December 23, 2020 4:52PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowa133 wrote: »

If you, by any motive, can't be a esoplus member or buy crowns, then its not secondary. Its pretty much primary, since you'll not be able to access the new content available for others. (more than 2m for 5k of crowns...)

Not at all. It is still secondary. The base game is primary.

More importantly, the wise person that buys crowns on sale for selling trading crowns for gold will not sell them at a discount. It defeats the purpose. They will wait until someone is willing to pay the normal price. They have no reason, or incentive, to sell them on the cheap.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not just Crown to gold rates, everything purchased with gold costs about double what it did a year ago. Chromium went from 70k to 140k, Spell Power potions went from 125 to 250 (caused by similar increase for alchemy reagents), Dreugh Wax went from 5k to 10k, Artaeum Pickled Fish went from 3k to 6k. Kinda makes sense that Crowns would also go from 200 to 400 with the reduced buying power of gold. I’m starting to believe the claims of inflation.

Similar happened in SWTOR. The inflation ran wild. In the end, it is the gold sellers that benefit from trading real-world currency for in-game gold.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of in-game disgusting capitalism, of course. Buy low sell high.

You’re more than welcome to spend your own money on Crowns and sell them cheap or even give them away if you wish.

I only part with valuable materials, Crowns, and other items that I could well use myself if the price is worth it to me to do so, if the gold becomes of greater value to me.

There is nothing “disgusting” about it. When both parties know what they are trading and what they are getting in return, both are satisfied.
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭

Not at all. It is still secondary. The base game is primary.

More importantly, the wise person that buys crowns on sale for selling trading crowns for gold will not sell them at a discount. It defeats the purpose. They will wait until someone is willing to pay the normal price. They have no reason, or incentive, to sell them on the cheap.

Like i said, this should be regulated by zos, not the players. And its a primary concern for some players.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

That would be resolved if zos made a official way to trade crowns with a fixed rate.

Do you mean a rate determined by supply and demand like GW2 has? That has the benefit of safety, to be sure, but value for both parties is reduced.

If you mean an arbitrarily fixed rate, then you can be sure of an absence of sellers, or I suppose buyers if they set the rate at something like 1000:1 — either way, nobody gets what they want.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By coincidence, I looked at the gold prices for crowns last night, and was quite shocked at the prices, as the last time I looked was Summer.

Clearly, demand is outstripping supply at the moment. As housing is more expensive, I wonder if it is the new house walkabout characters causing the hike.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that crown store items should be able to be codded.

I don't agree that Zos should regulate the market and set the exchange rate. If they are going to do that then they would have to do the same for all items in the game and no one would want that.

Nor do I agree that the price should fall because crown sellers can buy them cheaper, they still have to spend the real money so you don't have to. You want cheap crowns buy them yourself.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Nor do I agree that the price should fall because crown sellers can buy them cheaper, they still have to spend the real money so you don't have to. You want cheap crowns buy them yourself.

it's been tough year and I dont have spare money for that
    651995240282193943.png
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.