• Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    I would like Spellcrafting.
    For me, good combat balance changes are more than enough selling point though.

Spellcrafting sounds like something that would ruin balance not make it better, I honestly don’t understand the obsession some people on here have with it.

All Spellcrafting does is add more skills. That's it.
    People are "obsessed" with it because their characters are getting stale after 6 years, and they want something new.
    Nobody expects to craft a 1000000 point damage spell for 50000 magicka, promise. And I have a hard time believing people are against adding new skills on principle. Since launch, the number of skills added to ESO are miniscule compared to most MMOs.

We get tons of new, often incredibly imbalanced gear sets every year, yet virtually nobody asks ZOS to stop adding new sets altogether. In fact, they ask for specific new ones all the time (magicka Deadly Strikes, please).
    So I don't see how more skills would be fundamentally different, considering they are just as limited and even more standardized than gear.

But considering Firor's recent statement, we'll be lucky to see the champion system rework next year, lol.

Guarantee most of us would rather see a new weapon rather that this spellcrafting nonsense.
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope that there is not (as usual) a new quests area that will empty after a month because ZOS is not able to create a new quests/weekly system, or new vet dlc that nobody does (always after about 1 month) because the loot system, for players able to do it, sucks.
    But I think it will be just like that, add everything with eyes closed and then add stuff with eyes open in the game shop market.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spellcrafting sounds like something that would ruin balance not make it better, I honestly don’t understand the obsession some people on here have with it.

People are "obsessed" with it because their characters are getting stale after 6 years, and they want something new.
    Nobody expects to craft a 1000000 point damage spell for 50000 magicka, promise. And I have a hard time believing people are against adding new skills on principle. Since launch, the number of skills added to ESO are miniscule compared to most MMOs.

We get tons of new, often incredibly imbalanced gear sets every year, yet virtually nobody asks ZOS to stop adding new sets altogether. In fact, they ask for specific new ones all the time (magicka Deadly Strikes, please).
    So I don't see how more skills would be fundamentally different, considering they are just as limited and even more standardized than gear.

But considering Firor's recent statement, we'll be lucky to see the champion system rework next year, lol.

Guarantee most of us would rather see a new weapon rather that this spellcrafting nonsense.

New skills from weapons = great
    New skills not from weapons = nonsense

got it.

I'd love both, though.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    scrollcrafting

This is interesting. The other games did have one time use scrolls in it that any class could use at anytime. I main a dual wield stamdk, and I think it'd be fun to be slicing the heck out of someones chest, then use a scroll of lightning from my quickslot and finish the enemy off with a little sparky sparky.

Someone mentioned growing alchemy ingredients. That would be awesome too! It would definitely get people to continuously log in to check their crops and Bulk up the number of daily players. I also think this would add another nice element to the RP community. But does farming belong in eso? I'm not sure. We did have it in skyrim.

There are alot of really good ideas in this thread! I hope atleast some of your wishes get granted this next year! Especially for those who want performance fixed!

I won't be getting my hopes up though, harder to be disappointed that way.
    Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on December 27, 2020 1:20PM
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope we eventually get better 3d models for characters, specially faces that tend to all look alike.
    maybe not this year but soon.
    also i hope we get a new game changing system, like housing or antiquitities were.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New hat.

Only as long as an old hat is nerfed to make the new hat look better.

And hopefully, some skills moved to a different PvP tier for the hell of it. Just to screw a large part of the playing population over.

That would be just ducky.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed. Combat is getting very stale without any new weapon skill line or general combat skills since the addition of Psijic skills with Summerset back in May 2018... Not to mention that Summerset also brought jewelry crafting skill line with it too. Antiquities is yet another passive skill line like DB and Thieve's Guild and while it has mythics, it has little replay value to anyone not interested in the casual housing scene. Now they seem to be saying that there's not enough manpower at ZoS to make something original at all? It almost feels like that money from gamble crates and ESO+ must be going straight back into developing assets (reskins) for the clown store or something. I feel like up until Summerset they were more passionate about creating great content, but now with this 'year-long format' the quality of the game has been steadily going downhill in both gameplay and story. Some of the dialogue coming from Lyris and Sai is so dumbed down in the new dlcs it feels like they are targeting a 10yr old audience sometimes despite the game having an M rating.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the game failed to interest me since Elsweyr. Southern Elsweyr were a blank nothing and the Skyrim season just were the same as the elsweyr. seriously. even the plot settingd are the same too. bad guy escapes in main chapter and in dlc you have to hunt him down.

now we get this oblivion crisis. we get back the bad guy from oblivion also. i mean. why and how? at this point the game is non canon for me. its feels like the Legends from Star Wars.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    now we get this oblivion crisis. we get back the bad guy from oblivion also. i mean. why and how? at this point the game is non canon for me. its feels like the Legends from Star Wars.

Canon says that Mehrunes Dagon made several attempts to invade Nirn, it was not only Oblivion Crisis. ESO takes place before Oblivion Crisis, they are not bringing him back, they may tell a story of one his previous attempts or whatever.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

Canon says that Mehrunes Dagon made several attempts to invade Nirn, it was not only Oblivion Crisis. ESO takes place before Oblivion Crisis, they are not bringing him back, they may tell a story of one his previous attempts or whatever.

Since when has canon mattered in the ESO universe? There are (were) no dragons in the Age of Man, but they magically appeared in Elsweyr to sell content.

You can't use lore to rule potential story lines out with these folks. Anything is possible, and since they didn't even bother to retcon the unexplained reappearance of the Companions, don't expect it to make sense, either.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor was already lackluster compared to previous chapters.

Add a pandemic into the mix and the "fewer new systems" for 2021 and I don't really expect anything significant.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Since when has canon mattered in the ESO universe? There are (were) no dragons in the Age of Man, but they magically appeared in Elsweyr to sell content.

You can't use lore to rule potential story lines out with these folks. Anything is possible, and since they didn't even bother to retcon the unexplained reappearance of the Companions, don't expect it to make sense, either.

Who said that there were no dragons in the Age of Man? O.O Nahfahlaar and Paarthurnax would like to have a word with you xD. Especially Nahfahlaar, who appears first in TES: Redguard (1998).

EDIT: also dragonlings from TES: Daggerfall and dragons in Elsweyr being part of TES lore.
    Edited by Scardan on December 27, 2020 9:25PM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Who said that there were no dragons in the Age of Man? O.O Nahfahlaar and Paarthurnax would like to have a word with you xD. Especially Nahfahlaar, who appears first in TES: Redguard (1998).

EDIT: also dragonlings from TES: Daggerfall and dragons in Elsweyr being part of TES lore.

Dragons have been around in the Age of Man

BUT Dragonlings are not True Dragons - this is a misconception

imo I think ESO is very canon friendly
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more more new new. Stop. There already is so much into the game. It is overwhelming for veteran players, not to say for new players. There are so many zones, and very well built like Elsweyr or Murkmire. Make current stuff we have more interesting, make more things to happen in those zones. Maybe add the damned portals to oblivion or whatever these TES4 things are, to all zones like a world event or something. The atmosphere doesn't feel serious, every player is like a walking demi-god among stupid mortals. There is so much stuff to work with right now, that there is no need for something new.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Dragons have been around in the Age of Man

BUT Dragonlings are not True Dragons - this is a misconception

imo I think ESO is very canon friendly

Same. The worst lore breaking they do are things like remove stealth passive from bosmer and poison immunity/resistance from argonians etc.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But we're in the middle of the second era, dragons don't reappear until the fourth era.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Destruction is coming, it says
    PC EU

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been mentioned before, but from a development bandwidth standpoint, a new weapon* is not happening. Not with the amount of art assets that would be required for all the motifs out there.

Note the asterisk though. "1H-and-Rune" could just use pre-existing 1H weapons and have the rune image perhaps match an equipped ability or something (or something else that requires less creation of assets).

In all honesty, I'm just getting tired of waiting for all the major changes to settle down. There's no point in working towards specific playstyles or equipment when the meta changes too much and all that hard work is just abolished after a few months. When they've finished their re-balance passes and the bulk of things are stable, then I can start planning and working. Until then, I'll just settle for stable mediocrity.
          In verity.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading the responses in this thread, I conclude the new content will be a new fish species in each alliance zone for Master Anglers to appreciate.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    I hope so, a new non elf/human race would be great.
    Would be great for who?
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »
    Greymoor was already lackluster compared to previous chapters.

Add a pandemic into the mix and the "fewer new systems" for 2021 and I don't really expect anything significant.
    Technically yes, but a story and characters were surely made before pandemic and they're very bad.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the game failed to interest me since Elsweyr. Southern Elsweyr were a blank nothing and the Skyrim season just were the same as the elsweyr. seriously. even the plot settingd are the same too. bad guy escapes in main chapter and in dlc you have to hunt him down.

Someone is salty people love legends and its slowly being recanonized and sequels are being de-canonized. Sequel "fans" aren't welcome around me or here or anywhere go back to reset or twitter.
    Edited by Aptonoth on December 28, 2020 7:52AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main Selling point?

Based on what I’ve seen it’s very likely seeming to be an Argonian Chapter - bringing something both familiar and new (much like how Dragons we’re introduced in a Khajiit Chapter)

I’ll wait and see what the systems and worlds are - I’m really just excited that we’re getting an Argonian themed year.

Person on this thread pointed out the evidence for why they think it’ll be Argonian.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555837/thoughts-on-the-gates-of-oblivion-trailer

For me, not only the things they pointed out - but the swamp and Argonian architecture we see in the teaser.

Also there’s leaks of various Argonian themed crown store items coming.

Also the twitch linked account stream award is a very Black Marsh themed pet.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Main Selling point?

Based on what I’ve seen it’s very likely seeming to be an Argonian Chapter - bringing something both familiar and new (much like how Dragons we’re introduced in a Khajiit Chapter)

I’ll wait and see what the systems and worlds are - I’m really just excited that we’re getting an Argonian themed year.

Person on this thread pointed out the evidence for why they think it’ll be Argonian.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555837/thoughts-on-the-gates-of-oblivion-trailer

For me, not only the things they pointed out - but the swamp and Argonian architecture we see in the teaser.

Also there’s leaks of various Argonian themed crown store items coming.

Also the twitch linked account stream award is a very Black Marsh themed pet.

I would say that the "swamp" is a city of ash. And the "city in the distance" is skingrad
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt hyped for Skyrim because I didnt saw what could they add to make it better than Elsweyr chapter.
    After the announcement where they showcased what Skyrim will have I was disappointed.
    Questing a bit on PTS made me not preorder the chapter.

I didnt enjoy the story at all, it was way too predictable and mellow.
    I didnt enjoy antiquarian minigames.
    Only redeeming quality of 2020 chapter for me was ring of wild hunt.

Now that we have general idea about chapter for year 2021, I cant say I am hyped at all.
    On the other hand I cant see it being worse than what we got this year.
    Since they said no new class will be released anytime soon, I expect einter new weapon skill lines or new guild.
    Not sure what the guild would be, but for weapons if we get them it might be long time requested spears for stamina chars and some sort of magicka melee weapon, either scepters or similar.

Depending on what the extras will be Ill decide if Ill preorder or not.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings.
    Good day.
    What's the news from the other provinces?
    Performance plan is still ongoing, we're still crashing.
    I see.
    Bye.
    Take care.

Well met.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Or maybe a new weapon type?
    stamina weapon with channeling type attack. Can't even imagine what could it be though.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »
    Or maybe a new weapon type?
    stamina weapon with channeling type attack. Can't even imagine what could it be though.

I mostly play stamina or tanky hybrid and I think magicka needs more choice before stamina gets something new.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    It's been mentioned before, but from a development bandwidth standpoint, a new weapon* is not happening. Not with the amount of art assets that would be required for all the motifs out there.

Note the asterisk though. "1H-and-Rune" could just use pre-existing 1H weapons and have the rune image perhaps match an equipped ability or something (or something else that requires less creation of assets).

In all honesty, I'm just getting tired of waiting for all the major changes to settle down. There's no point in working towards specific playstyles or equipment when the meta changes too much and all that hard work is just abolished after a few months. When they've finished their re-balance passes and the bulk of things are stable, then I can start planning and working. Until then, I'll just settle for stable mediocrity.

I saw that post but that is not an impossible thing to address. If they want to add a new weapon, making it an exception on the outfit system is trivial until the art team catches up.

I do not see that as a blocker for a new weapon line.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading the responses in this thread, I conclude the new content will be a new fish species in each alliance zone for Master Anglers to appreciate.

Yes please. Fishing is the true endgame, after all. :D
    Halcyon Black