The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Gates of Oblivion" selling point

Wolf81
Wolf81
✭✭✭
With the various comments they made from QuakeCon suggesting we "probably" won't get a new class, and I doubt ESO will break from the elder scrolls legacy and add a race, what will be the next chapters main selling point? I am trying to figure out what could spark a hype for the pre-order sales, I doubt a new crafting is either wanted or needed.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, the anniversary year of TES IV. It will no doubt be better than this year's stuff at least from my PoV.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a skill line, like the psijic one in Summerset.

Or maybe a new weapon type?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m hopeful for a new weapon type myself. And new gear that doesn’t look based that’s always a plus.
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is a skill line related to the Mysterium Xarxes.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - New skill line would be a good option.
    - A new feature like housing or antiquities, Personally in my opinion those are some of the best features to be added in game. Giving us new things to do is always a plus.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hyped for Skyrim, and deeply disappointed.

So I don't think they can "hype" me again this time.

And there is another problem. In the current mail survey they ask (like in the last), if I enjoy new content and many events.
    Yes of course I do.

BUT:
    I do not enjoy, that older content gets unplayable.
    Today I had the quest to kill Zalsheem in Elsweyr. On a well populated Server, xbox NA.
    I cancelled the quest, as I was not willing to solo him - nobody else around.

I adressed the same issue already a year ago, when Summerset was deserted in a similar way on EU, one reason why I switched to the better populated NA. But now NA we see the same issue.

So as long as new content is not taking in account the increased difficulty level of old content (because of less players there), the game does not get more attractive by the new content.
    It just gives a short "high" until you have explored it, then people spred to all places, reducing the chance to find others to finish daily quuests. This issue MUST be adressed!
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    The selling point will be 300% zoom into NPCs' faces when you engage conversation with them.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the increased difficulty level of old content

This is an unusual complaint, dragons/harrowstorms/geysers and world bosses perhaps aside.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the increased difficulty level of old content

This is an unusual complaint, dragons/harrowstorms/geysers and world bosses perhaps aside.

you list most of the old content. And concerning the dragons and harrowstorms, people adressed it too, here in this forum, like I did with worldbosses.

Only thing not effected are delves and regional quests. Or fishing *lol
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure they are revamping pvp and adding new pvp zones......... :(
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO team is 95% artists, 5% tech talent. New release will be new map, new skill line, new quests, new art resources, nothing ambitious. They are making a profit running this on a skeleton crew, they don't have the bandwidth for sweeping changes.

Is the same old, same old.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hyped for Skyrim, and deeply disappointed.

So I don't think they can "hype" me again this time.

And there is another problem. In the current mail survey they ask (like in the last), if I enjoy new content and many events.
    Yes of course I do.

BUT:
    I do not enjoy, that older content gets unplayable.
    Today I had the quest to kill Zalsheem in Elsweyr. On a well populated Server, xbox NA.
    I cancelled the quest, as I was not willing to solo him - nobody else around.

I adressed the same issue already a year ago, when Summerset was deserted in a similar way on EU, one reason why I switched to the better populated NA. But now NA we see the same issue.

So as long as new content is not taking in account the increased difficulty level of old content (because of less players there), the game does not get more attractive by the new content.
    It just gives a short "high" until you have explored it, then people spred to all places, reducing the chance to find others to finish daily quuests. This issue MUST be adressed!

This 100%

New content is great, I really liked the greymoor year and thought it was one of the best years content wise for eso. However they really need to work on keeping older content relevant and playable.

One of the best things about antiquities was that it got players going back to older zone. I think if once or twice a year they added some new drops or antiquities to the zones it would do alot to make older content more relevant
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried it will be Oblivion 2.0. Or like Elsweyr and Greymoor, with the latter being the worst. These year long stories feels more like they make the story suffer than make it better. They just feel dragged out and predictable.
    I desperately cling to hope that this with Mehrunes Dagon and the Gates is just a ruse. That it will just be some reference to the Oblivion event and the story will take another path and not be yet another "epic" predictable and cliché story where a prince is trying to take over or destroy Tamriel.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting.

I kid, I kid.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell crafting

New Weapon

A follower that worships the ground you tread.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new zone that will be abandoned 2 months after release.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real selling point would be stable performance but its simply impossible due to incompetence and/or some resource management reasons
    "The Year of Performance" failed badly despite of promises how it will fix stuff and for next year there's nothing about performance increase
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion nostalgia.

And lots of Guard ears.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My predictions would be:

- Larger scale BG's (12v12v12 or 24v24v24)
    - Undaunted Ultimate
    - More Mythic Items
    - New Trial
    - New Race
    - 1h and Rune or Unarmed Skill lines.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion anniversary? constant 100% invisibility...
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This year was the absolute worst in performance I have ever gone through. What is more troubling is that they said, improving performance was this years goal. It was heavily talked about and advertised to current players. It didn’t happen.

This year just pushed me into other games for the first time. For me that worked out great.

I still love eso and find it a really amazing game. Though that is more nostalgia at this point than anything else.

If they would not implement such constant drastic changes and make the gear you just (paid for) and got in the new dlcs worthless, that would certainly help. Furthermore, they need to actually improve the performance without taking things away. Those things would be a selling point to me.

Other games have far better selling points for PvP and PvE and do not have nerf happy devs but build on the combat. It is fun.

Nostalgia will only go so far. If they want me to spend more money they need keep their promises and add content in a positive way.

Lately it just feels like they are adding content just to add content and nerfs to sell that content.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on December 22, 2020 4:56PM
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is how they'll add Vet to overland? Something you can obtain from the Deadlands that makes the world around you tougher. Then again, it'd be hard to sell that to the people who don't care about that sort of thing...
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it or not ESO needs a new class or a new skill line. So those would be my guesses. Also Oblivion gates as the new World event like harrowstorms/anchors/geysers
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New race?! New skill line?! New weapon?! Dudes... all we need atm are real fixes, true performance upgrade and moar QoL changes...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it will be TES IV "Nostalgia"
    Imagine that those two are talking about state of the game... :joy:
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More solo and 4 man arenas please. And a 2 man arena.

I like arenas.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I expect more of the same: a morsel of good casual content with issues which makes PvPers and endgamers whine. I will buy it from the inevitable sale if I'm still playing this gaem by then.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    My money is on spell crafting or a new weapon.

I genuinely do not think they'll give us 1 skill line that isn't a new weapon, a new race, or a new class.

The latter two are absolutely not going to happen. Adding in a 7th class makes no sense.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I'm probably the only one sitting here wishing I was able to dive and explore underwater content...
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My predictions would be:

- Larger scale BG's (12v12v12 or 24v24v24)
    - Undaunted Ultimate
    - More Mythic Items
    - New Trial
    - New Race
    - 1h and Rune or Unarmed Skill lines.
    New trial is very likely as all expansions has had them.
    New mystic items is also an obvious one.

Undaunted ultimate makes sense but is one skill.

1h and rune makes some sense and would be pretty easy to add.

Larger BG, kind of doubt it with the finder issues and with 36 players fighting each other some will get performance issues.

New race, here I say no as its the wrong expansion.
    They could added Maomer with Summerset granted then they needed much more focus on them.
    In Elsweyr they could easy added more playable Khajiit types, better as technically its not an race even if is for game-play reasons, could even make it purely cosmetic as in same Khajiit racials.

My guess is some new skill line if not an new weapon.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.