Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Tired of fake dps

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or they're a DPS queuing as a fake healer/tank, giving you unrealistic expectations of the kind of DPS both actual DPS and actual healers or tanks really do.
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I queue for vet dungeons as fake tank and pull 60% of dps. The fake dps can't really say anything about it because they're fake too.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RageKing wrote: »
    I mainly tank but lately it has been brutal. The average dps i seem to get from random normal dungeon que is like 4-8k dps. its absolutely insane. My tank puts out 4-5k and the past few days im constantly seeing my dps being around 20%, with the total group dps being 25k or so.
    twice in a row today i got group with "dps" that was 4k. The entire group dps was 12k. AND ONE OF THE DPS WAS CP803! SImilar situation Happend right after. Both times by 30k dps on my mag sorc fake tank was 75% of group damage with total group damage being 41k. that means if the healers didnt do a single lick of damage the 2 dps were doing 5.5k between them.
    Now im forced to run on a hybrid tank dps. becuase of the absolute trash players that are so soft and complain and get angry when you try to give them tips to increase their dps. They yell about their play style and blah blah blah. Let people with crap playstyle be grouped together PLEASE. let them understand what its like to play with them. They arent punished in game at all for such low dps.
    Please for the love of god add a que that requires a certain difficult ingame achivement related to that role your attempting to que as. Let the casuals play with eachother and let us more serious player do the same.

I feel your pain. One solution is to talk to them and find out if they are relatively new to vet content. This way you can advise them on a simple rotation and slotted skills and that alone can make a world of difference. Some players don't understand rotations because they have been questing and just got into dungeon running on vet. They don't know, so help them out. The more people learn, the better it will be for everyone in the long run. I have run with noobs and generally I will go out of my way to get them a couple of decent blue starter sets in normal dungeons and advise them on skill slot order and rotations. I have decent DPS so it is a quick breeze to run through a dungeon on normal. If they have mats even better, I'll go craft them a Julianos or Hunding's to get them started. Once a player can get a simple rotation down, they should not be hitting a paltry 4k. Even with crappy sets or lack thereof.
  • slipciok
    slipciok
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fake mmo. So you get fake peopel in fake roles, playing in fake elder scrolls game.
    Edited by slipciok on December 6, 2020 2:03PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as an DD i have just one thouth to this DO YOU THANK THEIR MAKING UP FOR FAKE TANKS AND FAKE HEALERS BY HAVING SKILLS TO HEAL THEMSELFS AS WELL AS BUFF THEM TOO ?
    lots of players that que play solo so it seems they keep their solo builds that has to be well rounded into GF and dont change skills because tanks and healers dont do their roles anymore trying to make up for dps , so at the end of the day all the FAKE ROLES HAS MADE EVERYONE BAD AT THEIR ROLES BY TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR THE OTHER
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as an DD i have just one thouth to this DO YOU THANK THEIR MAKING UP FOR FAKE TANKS AND FAKE HEALERS BY HAVING SKILLS TO HEAL THEMSELFS AS WELL AS BUFF THEM TOO ?
    lots of players that que play solo so it seems they keep their solo builds that has to be well rounded into GF and dont change skills because tanks and healers dont do their roles anymore trying to make up for dps , so at the end of the day all the FAKE ROLES HAS MADE EVERYONE BAD AT THEIR ROLES BY TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR THE OTHER

Tbh I prefer a real tank. When I tank non vdlc dungeons, I have a rule of thumb, taunt, major breach and chaining in adds. As long as I do these 3 things and survive, i am content even with running on actual dd. Obviously because that's what I would expect of tanks to do to make my run easier when I queue for dd.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

depending on what dung I get...wait...Im always on same build as DD when Im DD :v
    it deosnt matter for me if I have fake tank or fake healer in dung, Im always in same setup for dps because it is enough for me, if I dont have selfheal iin skill from rotation to dps then I always have just single heal in skills

if I get fake tank and heler I have no problem when it is ez dung because I dont care if these roles are faked because Im able to surviva at all if something will go wrong but I do care to not be doing over 70% as for 2DD's in group or 50%+ for 3DD's in group

but if we get fake tank for harder dungs like moongrave or scalecaller then it doesnt matter of my setup on dps...if there is no true tank there would be done nothing at all and for dung like this you wont see fake tanks at all unless they got by random dung queue which they will mostly understand and just leave or ask for kick

so at the end no...I as good DD dont have need to build specially for "solo" playing withing dung if I get into group without tank, I change nothing and I stay same as I was going with premade group with good tank
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont't get that at all . The game provides you with enough , so you can switch between builds without having to respec every time. I constantly carry my pvp and my pve dd sets, and i switch them on the spot depending on what i am doing. Besides , tanks have no problems with you doing 20k dps, as they said they are talking about lazy players who don't want to bother with performing well. You don't even need gold sets to reach 20k, just some extra dots and aoes.It comes to this , if you just want to play for fun that's comeplety fine, as i mentioned no one will complain to you if you do the bare minimum , which is achieved with easily accessible sets. The problems come when you have players who come along for the ride, making the whole run slow and annoying.

I think the way marketing promotes the game contributes to this as well. The whole "Play how you want" thing. You will be surprised how many people who are new or thinking about playing eso , don't even realize there are roles in both pvp and pve. Most of them are under the impression that it is like guild wars 2 , where you can get away with underperforming, or even not doing anything to help the group.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »

I dont't get that at all . The game provides you with enough , so you can switch between builds without having to respec every time. I constantly carry my pvp and my pve dd sets, and i switch them on the spot depending on what i am doing. Besides , tanks have no problems with you doing 20k dps, as they said they are talking about lazy players who don't want to bother with performing well. You don't even need gold sets to reach 20k, just some extra dots and aoes.It comes to this , if you just want to play for fun that's comeplety fine, as i mentioned no one will complain to you if you do the bare minimum , which is achieved with easily accessible sets. The problems come when you have players who come along for the ride, making the whole run slow and annoying.

I think the way marketing promotes the game contributes to this as well. The whole "Play how you want" thing. You will be surprised how many people who are new or thinking about playing eso , don't even realize there are roles in both pvp and pve. Most of them are under the impression that it is like guild wars 2 , where you can get away with underperforming, or even not doing anything to help the group.

not saying i have probloms as an dd farrrrrrrrr from that lol but tbh i like being 85% or higher dps in group lol even with an good dd with me i WANT TO BE THE TOP why because who wants to be the bottom but i get it but with tanks and heals always being fake im thinking some BAD dps might have set themself up to cover having an fake tank/healer and now has bad dps but can live and kill everything slow without dying due to tank/healer being fake
    so at the end of the day players need to stop BEING FAKE and do their roles easy
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ppl can have disabilities, be very young or very old, roleplaying, trolling or straight out bought a high cp account. Low dps can have many reasons.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As healer I think that most time in dungeons its better to maximize damage while provide resources and keeping people alive than running an trial setup there you objective is buffing and healing.
    Now with two high dps DD buffing makes sense but this is kind of rare in an pug.
    Unlike tanks healers can go from dd / off heal to trial healing swapping out gear and skills.
    And yes giving healer chance to change setup before HM on last boss is smart.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This^^ I see to many Healers in 4 man content that have trial setup.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    As healer I think that most time in dungeons its better to maximize damage while provide resources and keeping people alive than running an trial setup there you objective is buffing and healing.
    Now with two high dps DD buffing makes sense but this is kind of rare in an pug.
    Unlike tanks healers can go from dd / off heal to trial healing swapping out gear and skills.
    And yes giving healer chance to change setup before HM on last boss is smart.

nothing about healers but i like running 1 tank 3 dds myself so idc if we have an healer or not to me an fake tank is bad due to boss running crazy not held in place but what can you do cry or get it done i just do it and move on but its getting bad due to players just truing their heads to it as its not really cool of vet players to stomp on an new players learning by smashing out things they dont get the understanding what it is lol
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mostly solo. However for a change I made and levelled a magcro char to lv10, crafted a green lv10 Julianos set with purple damage glyph on staff for him and slapped on all my CP using some alcast build for reference just to see what happens in a random normal.

With whoever joined from guild chat: 1) It was a really smooth and fast Spindleclutch and everyone was happy. 2) If I did not misunderstood Combat Meter my dps was about 10k with light /heavy attack and skull & bones with no rotation (rest of slots levelling skills). 3) Gained 3 levels in one run. (With no Training traits cause not in hurry to get in difficult dungeons.)

Edit: Also had to waste a min or 2 to que full group 4 or 5 times before the group finder mercifully did it's job.
    Edited by rpa on December 7, 2020 10:30AM
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Fake tanks or fake healers are dps that queue as tanks or healers to cut queuing times and are not fulfilling their role.

There's no such thing as fake dps; only bad dps.

This is another 'git gud' thread.

no this is a 'we need a actual veteran que that has some sort of proving grounds for your role' thread

You need the same in normal for DLC´s like MH, MOS and the like. It starts with fake role like fake tanking and carries in normal and moves to vet.
  • Curryganz
    Curryganz
    ✭✭✭
    eh, if its an easy one I carry and be done with it insteada chatting and wasting a lot more time, plus there can be a lot of reasons these guys can pull 5k tops. I'm a super average DPS, pulling 35k max with a Sorc, consistently tracking 80-91% dmg according to cm because the others are simply clueless as of late. Not sure why. I just slay everything and finish it
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Ppl can have disabilities, be very young or very old, roleplaying, trolling or straight out bought a high cp account. Low dps can have many reasons.

Disabled =/= completely helpless. There are people whose gaming skills are better than average despite their disability. Like this guy, for example.
    https://youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI
    Same with older folks, don't assume that they're bad at games because of their age. It's kinda patronizing and almost rude tbh. A lot of bad players are just your average able-bodied dudebros and the reason why they're bad is simply because they don't care. You can see that by the way they usually reply (IF they reply, that is) when you try to help them.
    As for kids and people who buy accounts, the game is technically 18+ and you are not allowed to sell accounts so...
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 7, 2020 10:38AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • pajdoman
    pajdoman
    Soul Shriven
    Elitism in ESO is the worst.
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Dps takes too much research, training, and skill for a game that seems so story-focused. I'll probably never be a good dps because of this. I can't be bothered to learn weaving plus a rotation. Oh well.

This is the approach of most players in this game. Using the DF will get you groups that represent what the player base is like. Don't blame players. Most want to login and have a little fun in their free time...not take on a second job of theory crafting and endless hours of practicing a weaving rotation. This situation was created by the combat system and the grouping system ZOS created, not players considered too lazy to learn.

If the DF system frustrates you, then invest whatever time it takes to put together your own group. Seriously, the extra time it takes will be worth the frustration avoided. If you've been around for even a short time, it should be pretty clear by now that complaining about it will get you nowhere.

BUT....with their ''FUN'' most of times annoys other playtime..wanna get fun,play single player games or do public dungeons...dont ruin or slow other players because you only want to get fun...and im dont get fun when not give anything good to group..its awful for me when i suck..like some days ago was sucked with my magcro with Zvavi :D pulling 25k-30k and vscp and see that is 35% of group dps is shamful :D nowhere near fun :# But promise wont abandon my 65k trial dummy magcro...will pull more when level all :D hehehe
  • Youmee
    Youmee
    ✭✭✭
    pajdoman wrote: »

What I really can not get is why all these elitists keep queuing for random dungeons? Do they not have elite players in their elite guilds?
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

worse is ignorance like you know....you are not good player as for example you are just begginer which is fine but this is not fine when you choose to go on harder, veteran content for which you are definitelly not ready and then whine about toxicity or elitism of player who actually are ready for this content and want to run this normaly but they cant when they have literally ball on chain in group,
    this is creating more toxicity, elitism against noobs, begginers because they are more prejudiced after such ignorant randoms as they will get them again when they see anyone not good

yes elitism itself is not good thing for most, for average players but tbh this will and is raising with more bad ignorant players we will get, good players will just stop care about begginers over time as how often they will be getting ignorant players which doesnt care even more about rest
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youmee wrote: »

What I really can not get is why all these elitists keep queuing for random dungeons? Do they not have elite players in their elite guilds?

as I was explaining for someone else to similiar question....if we have players, guildmates, friends on our gameplay lvl they dont need to want to run this content, these dungs we want to farm or just go for pledges so here we are in gf

and as many will say...not everyone from endgame is elitist, most is nice and more elitism you will just just in toxic players or not even in good players in endgame because of their toxic demand to "carry" them as efficient as it can be

many veteran players are willing to help when they see someone bad but not everyone who are not good are willing to even listen and still queue for content for which they are not ready and from their side this is not specially better than elitism, it is same way bad and yet barely anyone is talking about this
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭

the ignorance and care for others game experience is the worst in eso.

Its a MMO yet people use it as a single player game in group content thats meants for specific roles.
    Its extremely toxic to join a group finder and que for a role that you cant fulfull and complain and yell at the people who dont want to carry you through the group content for your single player experience-THE MOST TOXIC THING YOU CAN DO IN GAME.

The least i can do to this toxic person is give them tips to help their build and if they complain and get ugly.
    The best thing I can do as a member of the ESO community is to shame them and make them feel like crap in hopes they either get better or shame them into no longer queing for dungeons.

If your constantly getting bashed about your crap dps and yet you still dont do anything and eventually leave the game because you cionsider it toxic for other players to call you out on your extremely lacking group play... well thats completely fine by me.

This is gonna be my new stance on people not pulling their weight in group content. I will call you out and shame you into hopefully getting better, if it turns you off and lyou leave the game... well one less single player in a MMO is fine by me.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mainly tank but lately it has been brutal.

I think it's because a lot of people who otherwise don't run dungeons do it now because of the undaunted event and the goodie boxes.. I notice I sometimes do 50% of the damage with my tank in many pugs during this event. I'm not complaining though, it just takes longer to get things killed... Only problem I have is when they start blaming the tank or healer for their poor dps..
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭

the ignorance and care for others game experience is the worst in eso.

Its a MMO yet people use it as a single player game in group content thats meants for specific roles.
    Its extremely toxic to join a group finder and que for a role that you cant fulfull and complain and yell at the people who dont want to carry you through the group content for your single player experience-THE MOST TOXIC THING YOU CAN DO IN GAME.

The least i can do to this toxic person is give them tips to help their build and if they complain and get ugly.
    The best thing I can do as a member of the ESO community is to shame them and make them feel like crap in hopes they either get better or shame them into no longer queing for dungeons.

If your constantly getting bashed about your crap dps and yet you still dont do anything and eventually leave the game because you cionsider it toxic for other players to call you out on your extremely lacking group play... well thats completely fine by me.

This is gonna be my new stance on people not pulling their weight in group content. I will call you out and shame you into hopefully getting better, if it turns you off and lyou leave the game... well one less single player in a MMO is fine by me.

[Quoted post was removed]

I only get called toxic by low dps people when our group kicks them. WHenever i start dungeon i ask if we can do it fast. (90% of the time they say yes. sometimes they say i have quest or looking for chests. I say ok, let me know when you need a break for quest, and we open any chests that we see.
    I simply just dont go through the dungeon slow. I go fast.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on December 7, 2020 6:11PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of time they say yes* :P

asking at start gives everyone the opening to say no , its nice that YOU ask but lets be real most dont they take off running before everyone else loads in or stays in load spot so long everyone starts to go to 1st adds only to have player run pass them and keep going then cry even when they die because everyone else just hold up for it to happen as we know 80% of the times it well lol
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review this thread has been closed as the thread has derailed and devolved into Baiting.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.