The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tired of fake dps

• Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RageKing wrote: »
    I mainly tank but lately it has been brutal. The average dps i seem to get from random normal dungeon que is like 4-8k dps. its absolutely insane.

Please for the love of god add a que that requires a certain difficult ingame achivement related to that role your attempting to que as. Let the casuals play with eachother and let us more serious player do the same.

Dude wants an elite que for normal dungeons. Now I've heard it all.
    Options
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I will never EVER do pledges (edit:) vet pledges with dungeon finder on my healer anymore. Doing Vet dungeons with 2 sub-10k DPSes is abhorrent and should be banned for cruel and unusual punishment. I dont understand how people can reach CP400+ and not be able to break 10k DPS. Slot some dirt cheap craftable gear like Julianos or Hundings plus New Moon Acolyte. Then slot 2 DOTs and a spammable. TADA! You too can reach 15k dps with no effort
    Edited by Eedat on December 5, 2020 2:44AM
    Options
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad im not the only one who feels this way. Believe me I have patiance. ive been playing since day 1 and have carried thousands of people over the years. But lately it just seems people are content with their ridiciously low dps and get angry and nasty when you tell them "hey, maybe you should look into
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    I mainly tank but lately it has been brutal. The average dps i seem to get from random normal dungeon que is like 4-8k dps. its absolutely insane.

Please for the love of god add a que that requires a certain difficult ingame achivement related to that role your attempting to que as. Let the casuals play with eachother and let us more serious player do the same.

Dude wants an elite que for normal dungeons. Now I've heard it all.

run a normal dlc dungeon as a tank or healer with your group dps being 12k. see how far you get. i wouldnt call expecting people to be able to do more than light attack asking too much.
    Options
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Sometimes my GF and I will queue with a terribly geared DPS toon, but only if the other is on their strongest DPS to help balance out the DPS.

Frankly though, I dont like running vets because most of my characters are worth about 20k DPS (in a dungeon) and I feel bad that I do not pull hard numbers for fast runs.

I really have no clue how players pull ridiculous numbers. I try to min max the race with the skills, rotations, weave etc etc and the best I have done is about 47k on the new trial target dummy on my best geared, golded, min maxed character.

I don't know if its because I play all magicka, or if I just suck but I just dont seem to be able to pull hard numbers. So, if I am one of these guys in your runs, I apologize. I dont want to suck, I just cant figure out how not to.

20k dps is sufficient to clear almost any dungeon on veteran, as long as mechanics are followed. The OP's post is aimed more at players who pull absurdly low numbers, such as less than 10k dps or even 5k. And also, playing magicka is certainly no hindrance to achieving your desired numbers, just an fyi.
    Edited by Suna_Ye_Sunnabe on December 5, 2020 1:51AM
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eedat wrote: »
    This is why I will never EVER do pledges with dungeon finder on my healer anymore. Doing Vet dungeons with 2 sub-10k DPSes is abhorrent and should be banned for cruel and unusual punishment. I dont understand how people can reach CP400+ and not be able to break 10k DPS. Slot some dirt cheap craftable gear like Julianos or Hundings plus New Moon Acolyte. Then slot 2 DOTs and a spammable. TADA! You too can reach 15k dps with no effort

Except a lot of people can't.. even in BiS gear... with practice.
    For those who don't just say 'sod it, I don't care, I'm hear to have fun'
    it's a full-time job of rotation practice and gods forbid you spend too much time on an alt.

(Am fully aware that there is that one class that can do that with one bar and one skill, but not everyone wants to be that.)
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, PvE tanks & healers are kinda in a bad spot. It is better to DPS boss to skip mechanics. :/

In a good group it is still better 1 tank for debuffs and support and chaining adds and 3 dds. Much faster. When you don't need to get them 1 by 1.
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you que as that role.....yes you should fulfil that role.....dont be shocked if people expect that from you. Simples.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop expecting activity finder to adhere to your standards. It's a rando group, expect a rando performance.

No matter how many of these posts you make here, or on reddit, or in facebook groups, or in zone, no one is going to stop doing it.

Get a group together if you want to farm, otherwise, accept reality.
    It won't change.

And Normal (non-DLC) dungeons don't need roles. Just run it, and accept the that randos will be randos.
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *signs up in a queue meant for new player, quester, roleplayer, player which dont care about dps, excursionists or anyone too lazy or too chill atm for other things*

*complains about getting new player, quester, roleplayer, player which dont care about dps, excursionists or anyone too lazy or too chill atm for other things*

clever smilie_frech_041.gif

Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    run a normal dlc dungeon as a tank or healer with your group dps being 12k. see how far you get. i wouldnt call expecting people to be able to do more than light attack asking too much.

Except that isn't what you asked for. You asked for a separate elite queue. For normal dungeons. With some unspecified "difficult achievement" as a requirement to get in.

If you think getting through a normal dungeon with 12k group dps is excruciating, try sitting in a queue that only lets the 0.2% of the playerbase that is able to earn "difficult achievements" in. See how many dungeons you even get into in the first place.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on December 5, 2020 1:55AM
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

this is not about people arn't so great, people dont need to be if they know what they are able to do or what they cant

just for vet dungs....you dont need to be even great but just good but if you are bad then you definitelly dont fit/you are not ready for this content because it was cleary designed for better player who are ready for this

it is sad how people cant differentiate bad and good, great players from ignorant players

you can be bad player but dont be ignorat by beiing bad player and still pushing to go for content wich is harder, to hard for this with hope players will carry you by just sacrifacing their own time, nerves for someone who dont care he isn't ready for this content and go for this
    BWVz6n8.png
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on December 5, 2020 6:12PM
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 100% onboard with the randomness of the Group Finder, expectations, RP, playstyles, casuals and all the rest of it.

But as I said... yesterday I had a DD pulling less than 2k in a veteran dungeon.

I have no problem at all with that in normal mode, but I'm just not gonna put myself through that in a veteran dungeon.
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    I'm 100% onboard with the randomness of the Group Finder, expectations, RP, playstyles, casuals and all the rest of it.

But as I said... yesterday I had a DD pulling less than 2k in a veteran dungeon.

I have no problem at all with that in normal mode, but I'm just not gonna put myself through that in a veteran dungeon.

^^^^This^^^ I will never blame the other players for being what they are as players... but I will not subject myself to that headache... and will just leave...
    Options
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iksde wrote: »
    Sorry that other players aren't as great as you are OP. 😔

this is not about people arn't so great, people dont need to be if they know what they are able to do or what they cant

just for vet dungs....you dont need to be even great but just good but if you are bad then you definitelly dont fit/you are not ready for this content because it was cleary designed for better player who are ready for this

it is sad how people cant differentiate bad and good, great players from ignorant players

you can be bad player but dont be ignorat by beiing bad player and still pushing to go for content wich is harder, to hard for this with hope players will carry you by just sacrifacing their own time, nerves for someone who dont care he isn't ready for this content and go for this
    BWVz6n8.png

The OP is literally griping about a normal though.

A normal.
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

BWVz6n8.png

A normal.

I havn't read anything mentione to be it normal, the only reference I can guess is he was running as "hybrid tank dps" but this is no problem for basic game veteran content at all

and everyone at all understand and talk here about veteran, not normal because it is also well known for people how normal dungs can be soloed and there is no reason going full tank on them so everyone here are on veteran dungs topic
    Options
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BWVz6n8.png

A normal.

I havn't read anything mentione to be it normal, the only reference I can guess is he was running as "hybrid tank dps" but this is no problem for basic game veteran content at all

and everyone at all understand and talk here about veteran, not normal because it is also well known for people how normal dungs can be soloed and there is no reason going full tank on them so everyone here are on veteran dungs topic

It's at the very beginning. I don't blame you though since the OP is very nearly just a wall of text.

Options
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    So fake tank, now fake dps.. Whats next?

Fake hEale-oh wait think thats been done too.....
    Fake...pver?
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
    Options
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    *signs up in a queue meant for new player, quester, roleplayer, player which dont care about dps, excursionists or anyone too lazy or too chill atm for other things*

*complains about getting new player, quester, roleplayer, player which dont care about dps, excursionists or anyone too lazy or too chill atm for other things*

clever smilie_frech_041.gif

if they are new players yes i understand. but these are more times than not cp600+ people.

And if your playstyles consists of roleplaying in a group dungeon with completely trash gear. maybe it isYOU that should be grouping with friends and not using the que. SInce YOU are in fact out of order and being toxic to the other players who are forced to carry your YOUR slack. YOU are the problem. Dont infect and make other peoples experience miserable because YOU dont want to put in effort.
    Options
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldnt be using the que if your not a group player. putting out less than 10k dps when you signed up in a group tool as a dps is knowingly lying and a false role. what if my playstyle as a tank was to wear light armour an not taunt? or only put out minimal heals. People would be yelling at tanks or healers for any mistakes. yet so much trash dps gets the "ts my playstyle".

i bet those dps doing 5k dps would yell and scream if they werent getting healed or yell at tank for not taunting. Hey im a casual deal with it should not be a response.

Its a GROUP TOOL. if your cant be part of a group and do your role then group with other friends and stop roleplaying and using the group tool as your means playing the game when you are clearly a solo player.
    Options
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    Oh BooHoo. Its a game, if you use group finder its the luck of the draw. What annoys me is the leaders who speed run rather than letting the group find stuff and do quests.
    Create a guild if you want players that suit your gamestyle.
    Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if they are new players yes i understand. but these are more times than not cp600+ people.

What is your point? These days it is entirely possibly to get to high cp without doing more than overland content, never being exposed to anything that would force you to learn how to play "properly".
    And if your playstyles consists of roleplaying in a group dungeon with completely trash gear. maybe it isYOU that should be grouping with friends and not using the que. SInce YOU are in fact out of order and being toxic to the other players who are forced to carry your YOUR slack. YOU are the problem. Dont infect and make other peoples experience miserable because YOU dont want to put in effort.

M8 you are complaining about bads queuing for normal dungeons. The content designed for the bads to be able to get through. If random normals are such a terrible experience for you as a tank, and you are in fact several skill levels above the bads, then throw on some dps sets and skills and just power through the dungeons like any skilled dps can.

Otherwise, if you are dead set on doing random normals as a tank, then just accept that bads are a part of the game and you will never escape them while doing randoms. This is true of any game with a random matchmaking feature.
    You shouldnt be using the que if your not a group player. putting out less than 10k dps when you signed up in a group tool as a dps is knowingly lying and a false role.

Oh boy are you ever overestimating the degree to which the average person in the random normal queue is even aware of their dps numbers. Your expectations are all kinds of out of step with reality.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on December 5, 2020 3:06AM
    Options
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazza1033 wrote: »
    Oh BooHoo. Its a game, if you use group finder its the luck of the draw. What annoys me is the leaders who speed run rather than letting the group find stuff and do quests.
    Create a guild if you want players that suit your gamestyle.

exactly. and if your playstyle is to not put effort into your build. you shouldnt use a publig group finder as a dps when you cant fulfil your role as a dps.

You should find a guild and group with friends who can carry you and show you the ropes.
    Options
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »

What is your point? These days it is entirely possibly to get to high cp without doing more than overland content, never being exposed to anything that would force you to learn how to play "properly".

M8 you are complaining about bads queuing for normal dungeons. The content designed for the bads to be able to get through. If random normals are such a terrible experience for you as a tank, and you are in fact several skill levels above the bads, then throw on some dps sets and skills and just power through the dungeons like any skilled dps can.

Otherwise, if you are dead set on doing random normals as a tank, then just accept that bads are a part of the game and you will never escape them while doing randoms. This is true of any game with a random matchmaking feature.

Bro its just as bad in vet. Im saying its happening in normal as well and people dont care. my whole point is that we need a seperate group finder for casuals and veterans, its know a crazy idea. other games have them as well. ESO needs one
    Options
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Eedat wrote: »
    This is why I will never EVER do pledges with dungeon finder on my healer anymore. Doing Vet dungeons with 2 sub-10k DPSes is abhorrent and should be banned for cruel and unusual punishment. I dont understand how people can reach CP400+ and not be able to break 10k DPS. Slot some dirt cheap craftable gear like Julianos or Hundings plus New Moon Acolyte. Then slot 2 DOTs and a spammable. TADA! You too can reach 15k dps with no effort

Except a lot of people can't.. even in BiS gear... with practice.
    For those who don't just say 'sod it, I don't care, I'm hear to have fun'
    it's a full-time job of rotation practice and gods forbid you spend too much time on an alt.

(Am fully aware that there is that one class that can do that with one bar and one skill, but not everyone wants to be that.)

I'm not trying to be mean but this just isnt true. If someone has looked into a proper build and took the time to copy and practice a good rotation they aren't going to be below 10k dps. They just arent. I got three friends to start playing and even at level 40ish 0cp they are hitting 8k in the training Julianos I made for them lol
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

BWVz6n8.png

A normal.

It's at the very beginning. I don't blame you though since the OP is very nearly just a wall of text.

oh you are right, sorry but although this thread cleary went for veteran dungs, as I see this post stating for normal was already just overwritten by newer posts and flooded with same bad experience from vet dung :| as for my missed response to your 1st post here
    Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bro its just as bad in vet. Im saying its happening in normal as well and people dont care. my whole point is that we need a seperate group finder for casuals and veterans, its know a crazy idea. other games have them as well. ESO needs one

Other games use things like gearscore to separate that stuff, which ESO doesn't really utilize. And even if it did it would be meaningless as what the game recognizes as "powerful" gear is easily acquired by anyone of even the lowest skill level.

Expecting people to go for achievements to gain access to a queue is a great way to ensure almost no one bothers getting access to that queue.

There is no practical way to implement such a thing in this particular game, and even if there were it would be far far down the list of priorities to be worked on by the devs when the game barely functions a significant chunk of the time.

Accept that being grouped with bads is a possibility when queuing randoms. Or don't, it's your stress levels.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    And this is why I play a "healer". And by a healer I mean a DPS with Spell Power Cure slotted and Energy Orb. If the DPS are fake I'll be able to make them deal a little more damage while I deal the damage that needs to be done, and if they are not well... Now they will be pulling even better damage numbers!

That's what I do, except I'm a little realer, in that:
    • I usually slot some kind of emergency heal. (Often it's Combat Prayer, and if the group does have good DPS then Combat Prayer may be in the rotation.)
    • I wear Earthgore.
    • I slot a Magickasteal skill. (It's been Siphon Spirit for a while, but with the change to Breach/Fracture it makes sense to switch back to Elemental Drain.)
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why queue for veteran content if you're just not ready?

Because fake tanks with their Super High dps (fake healers too, tbh) blasting through normal dungeons carrying the bad dps make them think they're competent enough to actually do it. They don't even KNOW they're not ready for it. They don't know their dps is in the can because they cleared the content, right? And really fast, too! They're practically dps gods!

All these bad dps see is themselves pugging into normal dungeons and clearing the content easily with a "healer" and a "tank" and it makes them think that they're absolutely capable of doing it on vet.
    Options
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I had to stop healing for pugs. Even on normal i'd get dds who just heavy attack or spam 1 skill and I wind up doing more damage than both of them combined because they refuse to even try to pull their own weight. These days I only pug on a dps. It takes longer to get into a dungeon, but at least we'll actually be able to complete it.
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on December 5, 2020 4:56AM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    Options
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BWVz6n8.png

A normal.

oh you are right, sorry but although this thread cleary went for veteran dungs, as I see this post stating for normal was already just overwritten by newer posts and flooded with same bad experience from vet dung :| as for my missed response to your 1st post here

That's my point. Every comment here defending OP is completely invalid because OP wasn't talking about players in veteran dungeons.

You don't even have to be level 50 to do a random normal lol.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.