The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Major Courage set changes are illogical

• peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    The whole idea of even having a set that encourages bad healing is kind of ridiculous. If people are not in danger of dying, we shouldn't be standing there and spamming heals at them (overhealing is bad). If our HoTs are placed, we should be focused on keeping up ele drain and fetcher and refreshing altar and blowing horns and placing synergies for tanks and all kinds of other things. This set just encourages bad practices. But if we have to have it, the poorly designed set should not perform better for 12 person content than the well-designed set. This change was just not well thought out.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Ty for remembering!!

The time of SPC has passed.... overhealing was a thing back when the servers could kind of handle stacked heals and sets like Z'en didn't exist. Going back to an overhealing meta now is a bummer.

The theory in this thread that SPC is being tuned for PvP is interesting but in that case there is no reason to nerf Olorime!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, given how strong major courage is and how braindead easy it is to keep it up with Olorime, no wonder it got nerfed. Target cap of 6 people per second should go away, but I think they will keep it given that many heals that would be used in overhealing for SPC also have cap of 6 people. This looks like their train of thoughts to me at least.

If you look at stronger dps enabling sets and how they are applied, Olorime is completely different. They all need you to do some work to get dmg out of it. Alkosh needs group coordination with synergies, Zen and MK have their conditions that aren't as braindead easy, RO wasn't too bad but you still had to coordinate group burst to get most out of it. Olorime is just bruh. You exist therefore 100% major courage uptime.

I welcome this change. And given how group healer is easiest role in raids most of the time, I also welcome the chance for better healers to shine.