The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

new moon acolyte nerf, change it to target the problem

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
if synergies or party buffs are the problem add an effect to it that reduces THOSE effects.

and not destroy a set for everyone else because of "some groups"
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure the nerf will go through because its popular unfortunately, at that point ill just use Briarheart instead although stamwise the only thing worth it that you will lose is the line of pen.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't using it, but I feel like it was definitely nerfed too hard. I saw no problem with people getting +180 weapon damage on the 5th piece in comparison to the standard 300 weapon damage (Hundings Rage) for +5% cost, I think thats more than fair. Obviously, when looking at the whole set, it was strong because it also included Penetration instead of Crit Chance/Stamina, but the 5th piece bonus alone seemed like a fair trade to me.

Personally, I couldn't stand the set because I aim for a certain level of sustain in pvp, so the added damage from the set, would end up costing me more damage somewhere else to meet the sustain I prefer anyway. Maybe it meant I had to use an infused stamina regen glyph instead of swift + stamina regen, etc.

Now.. It's just underwhelming, as bad as the new set, Castle Thorn that trades +70 damage (beyond standard) for +10% increased fire/fighters guild damage taken. What is the point of these sets? They're laughable, they feel like filler. Just stick to sets we've had for 5+ years with no penalty.

What they should of done is increase the cost to 8-10% like many suggested early on. That way, the people who wanted to juice out reliable high static damage, simply had to think about their builds a little harder.

Now, the kiss-curse is so tiny that the people who want to juice out burst damage will just go with something else and the people who want a little more sustain won't touch this set with a 10ft pole.

Their reasoning for the nerf sounds fully pve related, to which I say.. well, in pve, you should be using many if any of the trial sets that would be much better suited for them. Sounds like a super niche scenario to blame synergies, I can practically sustain any build with a great group lol.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 21, 2020 1:00AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't using it, but I feel like it was definitely nerfed too hard. I saw no problem with people getting +180 weapon damage on the 5th piece in comparison to the standard 300 weapon damage (Hundings Rage) for +5% cost, I think thats more than fair. Obviously, when looking at the whole set, it was strong because it also included Penetration instead of Crit Chance/Stamina, but the 5th piece bonus alone seemed like a fair trade to me.

Personally, I couldn't stand the set because I aim for a certain level of sustain in pvp, so the added damage from the set, would end up costing me more damage somewhere else to meet the sustain I prefer anyway. Maybe it meant I had to use an infused stamina regen glyph instead of swift + stamina regen, etc.

Now.. It's just underwhelming, as bad as the new set, Castle Thorn that trades +70 damage (beyond standard) for +10% increased fire/fighters guild damage taken. What is the point of these sets? They're laughable, they feel like filler. Just stick to sets we've had for 5+ years with no penalty.

What they should of done is increase the cost to 8-10% like many suggested early on. That way, the people who wanted to juice out reliable high static damage, simply had to think about their builds a little harder.

Now, the kiss-curse is so tiny that the people who want to juice out burst damage will just go with something else and the people who want a little more sustain won't touch this set with a 10ft pole.

Their reasoning for the nerf sounds fully pve related, to which I say.. well, in pve, you should be using many if any of the trial sets that would be much better suited for them. Sounds like a super niche scenario to blame synergies, I can practically sustain any build with a great group lol.

*Group* PvE, though. As a solo player I'm disappointed with the 5th bonus damage nerf, but, as I use heavy attacks a fair amount, I'd be fine with a 10% ability cost increase up from 5%.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already people are haggling with ZOS to change their minds - guess what, keeping the current value of Weapon/Spell Damage and increasing the cost to 8-10% also makes the set unusable.

How about ZOS just doesn't nerf it at all, 5% cost increase to break free, roll dodge, block, etc in PvP is already very noticable. The "reason" for the nerf is just unbelievable, a complete insult to the community.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bye NMA.... thank goodness there are many other sets that's interesting now!
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . The "reason" for the nerf is just unbelievable, a complete insult to the community.

nothing new under the sun
    PC-EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 401 weapon / spell damage, NMA is outperformed by Spriggans. Tested it on PTS.

So with 401 & 5% cost penalty this set is not worth running. 450 or less cost penalty (3%) however - then it could still be worth consideration.
    So 401 damage with 3% or 450 damage with 4 or 5 % cost penalty to make this set above "garbage" level. Otherwise, people will run this set only for 4 piece bonus + mythic.

Fun thing:

Molag Kena:
    (2 items) When you deal damage with 2 consecutive Light Attacks you trigger Overkill for 6 seconds, which increases your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 560 but also increases the cost of your abilities by 8%.

So 560 damage with 8% cost increases (yes, Molag Kena was standardised & looked at in previous patches). And you can have 100% uptime on it too.

Compared to that, NMA looks fine (current live version). It feels like they are nerfing it because too many solo players use it, and they did not have the courage to simply say: "Hey, we underestimated skilled gameplay, we did not think that solo players will be able to sustain with this set."

Instead they went for BS & obviously false argument. Because, lets be serious... Who runs NMA in a group ? Is it meta in group ? Are there many people running it in group ? In PvP & PvE you have way better options. I 110% doubt it is the reason.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 21, 2020 10:41AM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "reason" for the nerf is just unbelievable, a complete insult to the community.

Agree. Sadly, it's not the first and not the worst insult... Do not forget about vMA and vDSA weapons change in Greymoor.

I am also using New Moon set on some of my characters, and only for solo PvP.
    I count battlegrounds as solo as well; teamwork is almost non-existent there, and I'm always shocked if an ally sometimes gives me any synergy :o It happens very rarely.

It felt nice, to craft actually interesting set for my characters after years :'(
    I can hardly work up enough energy to care anymore. This team is going to do whatever they want for whatever reasons they want. Player input is nothing more than traffic noise.

It's sad how well-said it is :(
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should either reduce the cost increase to 3% or increase the WP/SD to ~450. If not, there are just better options and this set will probably won't be used much.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...The "reason" for the nerf is just unbelievable, a complete insult to the community.
    if they said something like "we think that too many players are using it in PvP and want to push other sets to have more diversity" i'd accept that. would not be happy about it, but i'd accept it. they'd have a sort-of valid reason. but you're 100% right. sometimes it seems to me that they are deliberately trying to insult the community. like with the Maelstrom weapons. they knew it would cause an uproar, it did and they didn't care. would it be too hard to do, hurt them or the game if they upgraded our weapons to perfected? nope. would it be too difficult to improve other sets that nobody uses instead of nerfing NMA? nope. so why are they taking this approach of "we know it will p*ss you silly players off and there are ways to make everyone happy but we care not" i have no idea. somebody in ZOS must be bored to hell and comes up with these "balance changes" to laugh at our expense..
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭

This change is unwelcome and unnecessary.

The 5% increase to ultimate, block, break-free, etc, as well as the auxiliary costs rippled from those increases is sufficient deterrent to balance this set.

Please listen to you player-base and do not change this set.

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    if synergies or party buffs are the problem add an effect to it that reduces THOSE effects.

Completely agree with you
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS SET IS NOW ONLY VIABLE IN A GROUP. IT WAS NERFED BECAUSE GROUPS WERE ABUSING IT, NOW IT HAS MADE THEM STRONGER BECAUSE NO ONE WHO IS SOLO WILL RUN IT.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already people are haggling with ZOS to change their minds - guess what, keeping the current value of Weapon/Spell Damage and increasing the cost to 8-10% also makes the set unusable.

How about ZOS just doesn't nerf it at all, 5% cost increase to break free, roll dodge, block, etc in PvP is already very noticable. The "reason" for the nerf is just unbelievable, a complete insult to the community.

EXACTLY. NERF GROUPS NOT EVERYONE. THIS SET JUNK NOW.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This set is currently usable on SOME classes that have good sustain in trial/dungeon environments with good resource return. Why should that even be nerfed? Isn't that exactly when kiss-curse sets SHOULD be used? When the curse can be partly compensated for?

Totally agree that the set either doesn't need a nerf, or could nerf Magicka/Stamina return from using synergies or from other players.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sick of nerfs with sets. They should have buffed sets to its level instead. Buff Kagrenacs and other damage sets to a higher level and maybe revert some max stat changes like bone pirate and btb. Even making Julianos and hundings up to 450 would have been good since they have worse item set passives. Really sick of this nerf mindset that ZoS has had over the years.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 sets all golded out, all I can say is.....woohoo!!!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite enjoyed Alcast's reaction to the reason for the nerf. I won't link or anything but it's on his latest video.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because its easier to change a single number than do something that makes sense.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because its easier to change a single number than do something that makes sense.

when they admitted that the mythic changes were done because of trial groups, and then vaguely said this change was because of "groups" i just rolled my eyes.

as it seems we are now balancing around what trial players are doing.

great.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about targeting ballgroups and zergs directly instead of nerfing sets that they may (likely don’t) use? I think that the synergy resource reasoning was just an easy scapegoat excuse, ZOS just really dislike the idea of 2 or 3 stam builds that can run more tankyness thanks to NMA giving so much upfront damage. Stam Wardens, DK, necro, templars in a group are too good at stomping out bots, even with a huge nerf to small scale healing and giving a flat crit resist, those 22k health light armour builds still get packed up anyway.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    How about targeting ballgroups and zergs directly instead of nerfing sets that they may (likely don’t) use? I think that the synergy resource reasoning was just an easy scapegoat excuse, ZOS just really dislike the idea of 2 or 3 stam builds that can run more tankyness thanks to NMA giving so much upfront damage. Stam Wardens, DK, necro, templars in a group are too good at stomping out bots, even with a huge nerf to small scale healing and giving a flat crit resist, those 22k health light armour builds still get packed up anyway.

your confusing group types.

ball groups and zergs are PvP related groups, ZOS does not care about them nor balances around them.

trial groups are PvE related groups, ZOS apparently does care enough to balance sets and skills around them.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

your confusing group types.

ball groups and zergs are PvP related groups, ZOS does not care about them nor balances around them.

trial groups are PvE related groups, ZOS apparently does care enough to balance sets and skills around them.

Then why the hell they have PvP in place? I hate trials and doing the same things over and over against stupid mechanics for a long time and it does require a little to none thinking or talent with a fully equipped high cp group. PvP on the other hand is the real "AI" and always a challenge and fun.
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    RIP NMA 12/09/2020
    I deconstructed all of them today because i wasent using it anymore since patch. :Sad_Cat:
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NMA was imba and ruining build diversity, just go get titanborn
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think nma nerf was fair, it gave too much wpd for very little downside, and unlike most sets its 100% of the time.
    Compared to for example hundings, it just has better stats for a very easily ignorable downside.
    It's still a good set, but now we have choices, which is good.
    The other option would've been to over buff other sets like fury, ravager etc, and I think we still remember how good those were.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    They should've increased the ability cost increase to maybe 10% or even 15%, not butchered the damage.

There's been enough razor-nerfing and fake buffs of late...