The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Moon Acolyte nerf

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, three days after I gold out rings!
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »
    Set was overperforming, so not surprised at all. Besides losing 80 spd/wpd isn't that much.

Overperforming?! There is a set with ONE single piece that grants 2k damage. How in gods name was NMA overperforming while 2k is ok?! Not to mention that NMA is so easy accessible everyone can use it.

And don't tell me about downside of Stranglers. As long as heal scales with your damage stats there is no downside on this set.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on July 21, 2020 7:30AM
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

i was just about to gold out rings for my stamNB (PvP) and body for my stam. Necro.. i am sooo glad that i waited until i have ALL the gold materials, not golding it out piece by piece. sooooooooooooooooooo glad..
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, what set ZOS think I should buy from them instead? 😐
  • deleted210809-001958
    i'm glad they nerfed it. Never liked this set, but had to use it because BiS. Now there is a place for other good sets. But I'm disappointed because the developer's note can be interpreted as "we don't give a duck of solo players"
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyatos wrote: »
    i'm glad they nerfed it. Never liked this set, but had to use it because BiS. Now there is a place for other good sets. But I'm disappointed because the developer's note can be interpreted as "we don't give a duck of solo players"

Lol :D NMA is far from BiS, maybe for some specific PvP builds.Yes now you will be able to use one skill to deal 50k-60k (or even more) single target damage over 10s, just make sure not to rage when someone else will use it on you :)
    Edited by Mayrael on July 21, 2020 9:40AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They did buff other sets like briar heart, I think they want to reduce the power of sets with permament/super high uptime.
    Not necesseraly to push proc meta.
    They did buff shadow along with a few crit sets, so there are some nice options for burstier playstyle, and most procs are dots, so I can see the distinction they're making for sure.
    I don't mind them taking away power from tanky high damage bruises anyway.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many misconceptions in this thread.

It's a great set in PvE for multi-target fights, such as every trash fight or Cloudrest. Probably the best.
    The pen isn't wasted because you usually have optimised single-target CP, and every mob in trash doesn't get every debuff. 100% uptime, and the cost increase isn't noticeable. Could argue for uncoordinated groups it is noticeable, but just use crit set like Mother's Sorrow and it's almost as good if not better anyway.

I use MS over NMA, but saying it's not used or good is not factual.

Would rather see a Hundings/Julianos buff than NMA nerf.
    Edited by ThePedge on July 21, 2020 10:08AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how so much fuss is going on around NMA nerf while the Fury nerf passed quite smoothly.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how so much fuss is going on around NMA nerf while the Fury nerf passed quite smoothly.
    i guess most players are mad (myself included) because they are using the set as a front bar set only (in PvP). and have crafted the jewelry. and have upgraded it to gold. and that costs around a million, if i'm not mistaken. i know that there are billionaires in this game, but for the majority of players a million hurts like hell (again, myself included). another reason might be that we had (or still have, but not for much longer) a viable and good set that is easy to get and suits us perfectly. now we have to get gear that is not easy to get and may not suit us that much..

the Fury nerf is bad, no doubt about it. those that are using it are... well, kind of on the same boat as us, NMA users. IMHO nerfing gear for the sake of nerfing it is always a bad idea..
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    i guess most players are mad (myself included) because they are using the set as a front bar set only (in PvP). and have crafted the jewelry. and have upgraded it to gold. and that costs around a million, if i'm not mistaken. i know that there are billionaires in this game, but for the majority of players a million hurts like hell (again, myself included). another reason might be that we had (or still have, but not for much longer) a viable and good set that is easy to get and suits us perfectly. now we have to get gear that is not easy to get and may not suit us that much..

the Fury nerf is bad, no doubt about it. those that are using it are... well, kind of on the same boat as us, NMA users. IMHO nerfing gear for the sake of nerfing it is always a bad idea..

I agree. I'm actually more surprised about Fury passing so smoothly and not out cry regarding NMA.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Ouch...
    Now that you mentioned it, I feel kinda lucky that I use crafted sets on main armour for the undaunted passive...
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭
    Meeeeh, I really can't fathom why they chose to do this and I wish they bothered explaining in a bit more detail. I'm sure they have some data and could argue that the set was overperforming, was used too much, or whatever else.

From where I stand, I don't understand the reason behind it at all. And I, like many others, wouldn't really complain if getting a replacement sent wasn't so dang expensive.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    They did buff other sets like briar heart, I think they want to reduce the power of sets with permament/super high uptime.
    Not necesseraly to push proc meta.
    They did buff shadow along with a few crit sets, so there are some nice options for burstier playstyle, and most procs are dots, so I can see the distinction they're making for sure.
    I don't mind them taking away power from tanky high damage bruises anyway.

Yet they buff the heck out of proc sets. They don’t want people to have to build for damage and combos. They want people to just slot sets and get free damage. It is literally them pushing people to a proc meta.

It’s obvious they are catering to new players with these changes.
  • pma_pacifier
    pma_pacifier
    ✭✭✭
    Lortie wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand the reasoning behind this heavy nerf to NMA. VERY few if any players actually used NMA in pve and in longer fights even without NMA sustain is an issue. NMA was a pvp set plain and simple, and in pvp any set is easily sustained in groups with plenty of synergies. Hell, you could run stage-4 vamp with NMA (not that you should) in pvp with a decent sized group and have zero sustain issues because of synergies. Arguing it's easy to sustain in groups with synergies in pvp is ludicrous because anything is.

At the new weapon damage value this simply wont be worth it for pvp, so it will fall into the box of sets labeled "Stuff No One Uses". At only 400 weapon damage the cost increase doesn't justify the minor gains compared to something like 7th legion or even Hundings/Dragonguard. And falls even further behind when you compare it to sets like Briar or Truth. Briar, a set that is already top-tier in pve will become top-tier in every aspect of the game. So instead of encouraging diversity, their pushing people to use the same sets for every avenue of the game.

So in conclusion this is a over-nerf for a questionable justification. The only other reason I can think of for this change is to push people into using proc sets, with the recent aggressive introduction of new VERY strong (maybe a bit too strong) proc sets. But if these changes continue; the nerf of active game-play and the buff to passive game-play (procs), player engagement will suffer. Active game-play should always be more effective than passive game-play IMO, and in the proc meta your kill potential with one skill press has never been higher.

If you wanted a more reasonable nerf I would suggest; Reducing the Weapon damage from 481 to 450 and the Increased cost from +5% to +6%.

Guess what? Proc sets will be nerfed a patch or two later as part of “balancing and standardisation changes”. Very familiar feeling.

I’m so afraid of trying other sets now. Might just decide to go with oldest untouched sets like Julianos/hundings and spprigans. Or just give up and just quit playing this nonsense and just do eso housing

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Moon Acolyte: Reduced the Weapon and Spell Damage granted from this set’s 5 piece bonus to 401, down from 481. This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies.

and what if I am using it as soloplayer.................
    this is ridiculous, why??? WHY???
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We decided we didn't like the team-play synergies that we worshiped since beta and had to fix multiple times so we are gonna discourage synergy and group-play even more via nerfing NMA.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Blimey, Zos really hates solo players, don't they ?

Literally they detest us
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are balancing the game based on a cp enabled setting. They wanted to kill the tank meta, which they had made strides in Greymoor.

They are reducing sets that provide a lot of weapon/spell damage directly to keep healing low imo. They are making access to sources of damage very accessible, without allowing players to easily double dip via weapon/spell damage. This patch will be really tough in no cp environments.

I would like them to be more honest about their intentions as the reason for this nerf seems like nonsense.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets nerf a stat based while leaving procs untouched. This is just ridiculous.

Yes this is the real problem here. Nerfing stats and buffing procs means they don't want people to be good themselves, they want damage to come through procs. Silly.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of when ZOS nerfed Veiled Heritance right after I invested in gold jewelry. It triggered me to take a multi-month break from the game. Albeit the nerf to NMA is not as extreme as Veiled, but I’m really happy I didn’t gold out NMA jewelry, which I have come really close to doing several times.

If ZOS insists on nerfing it, Just keep the damage and increase the drawback
    Edited by jhall03 on July 21, 2020 1:31PM
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »
    ...If ZOS insists on nerfing it, Just keep the damage and increase the drawback
    many players don't realise that the 5% increase of cost applies to everything. Ultimate, abilities, dodge-roll, basically everything you do has a 5% increased cost. so increasing it even further would make the set even more crap..
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ITT people complaining set everyone was using because it was best for one half of them and among top5 best for the other half was nerfed. Good Riddance lmao.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not PvE nerf.
    Its nerf for ball groups in PvP, just like Harmony nerf it's good from this point of view, bad for small scale and solo, but such players already have skills to compensate nerf.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    ITT people complaining set everyone was using because it was best for one half of them and among top5 best for the other half was nerfed. Good Riddance lmao.

Yeah if by "everyone" you mean some player.
    Out of all my char only my stamblade use this set is not mandatory.

Also the reason people are complaining is because they went overboard with the nerf as always.

The reason they gave is also BS.

Then in a patch where every proc monkey set got buffed with malacath still in the game you nerf a stat set?
    Yeah everyone would love to see that./sarcasm

Now this set does not make any sense for 100 more weapon/spell damage you get a negative effect that affect everything you do?

They should either buff this set back a bit or change the penalty in to "3%cost increase" or the 5% cost increase affect only your offensive skill.
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    NO one with sense runs NMA in trials when there are other more powerful options with no sustain issues. In very optimized groups it worked, but most people don’t run in groups that are so organized.

NMA was my small scale pvp and Overland pve set... where I could (barely) absorb the increased cost. This nerf will relegate it to the decon pile.

Edited by HushAzrael on July 21, 2020 4:18PM
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    jhall03 wrote: »
    ...If ZOS insists on nerfing it, Just keep the damage and increase the drawback
    many players don't realise that the 5% increase of cost applies to everything. Ultimate, abilities, dodge-roll, basically everything you do has a 5% increased cost. so increasing it even further would make the set even more crap..

That is true, but what I also realize is that everyone uses it mostly consider the drawback negligible and would probably cry less than they are now about losing damage.
    Edited by jhall03 on July 21, 2020 6:57PM
  • SORjosh
    SORjosh
    ✭✭✭
    If there are any other sets that people want nerfed just let me know. Without fail, every time i gold a set of jewelry out ZOS pulls out the nerf hammer and crushes my efforts.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    SORjosh wrote: »
    If there are any other sets that people want nerfed just let me know. Without fail, every time i gold a set of jewelry out ZOS pulls out the nerf hammer and crushes my efforts.

You should gold out Caluurions next and maybe stuhns as well.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • SORjosh
    SORjosh
    ✭✭✭

I have stuhns on the body of the build that got nerfed with the new moon nerf lol. Ive never tried Caluurions. Ill have to check it out.