The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Moon Acolyte nerf

Sleep724
Sleep724
✭✭✭✭✭
New Moon Acolyte: Reduced the Weapon and Spell Damage granted from this set’s 5 piece bonus to 401, down from 481. This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies.

Why nerf this because of what a group does? Small groups and solo players weren’t getting any benefit from other sets or synergies. It really seems to just be pushing more players to use proc sets. Which they will only end up being nerfed again the next patch because of complaints anyway.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #ZOSlogic #ESOStandard
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with NMA like it's right now. I couldn't play it all time becuse some group can't support it at all (new player without dedicated gear for healing like symphony or Orb...)
    Or i was struggling to sustain it for some boss fight because of lack of Syn&Support...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't like this... I only play solo or small-scale and was absorbing the cost increase without help...
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed cuz I use it too, but not surprised.
    It's an MMO, they will nerf the popular things to force people to try out new things. Still funny people get outraged every time meta sets get nerfed.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who run meta builds rarely run NMA in PvE content with groups, especially now that sustain is such trash for prolonged fights and spell pen line is wasted on Magicka builds and as Stam you are most likely going to choose Lokk and Relequen.

This change doesn't make sense and just proves to me they aren't listening to people who actually play the game, but their supposed fantasy of how the game runs.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • puupaa
    puupaa
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I don't understand the reasoning, nerfing the damage because the cost increase isn't an issue in some situations, but leaving the cost increase untouched in situations where it is an issue. Doesn't seem worth using anymore in situations where the cost increase matters, oh well, at least I didn't make gold jewels.
  • kylermacdb16_ESO
    kylermacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do people wear NMA in trials and stuff? I figured trial gear would perform better, so nerfing this based on those activities seems pretty short sighted
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that they buffed damage specific sets up to around 600 if they did not impact healing or buff light attacks. NMA did both. The those sets seem to be all moved to the 400 range. But NMA probably got hit for no other reason than "too many people used it".

That said, it is not worth the 5% cost penalty at 401 and that should be removed.

• Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set was overperforming, so not surprised at all. Besides losing 80 spd/wpd isn't that much.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BS argument to push new sets... Shame. Kiss - Curse set turned into cursed set...
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    likecats wrote: »
    It's an MMO, they will nerf the popular things to force people to try out new things. Still funny people get outraged every time meta sets get nerfed.

Funny thing is there was a huge uproar when the set was released, people went as far as screaming about pay-to-win without realising that set can be obtained without buying dlc.
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I've noticed that they buffed damage specific sets up to around 600 if they did not impact healing or buff light attacks. NMA did both. The those sets seem to be all moved to the 400 range. But NMA probably got hit for no other reason than "too many people used it".

That said, it is not worth the 5% cost penalty at 401 and that should be removed.

They should reduce the penalty, perhaps to 3%. If they remove it entirely this set will become a direct upgrade over hundings/julianos, spinner's/spriggens etc.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That argument is rubbish. Why do keep bouncing all over the map with these sets?

There is and never was anything wrong with perfected false good and neither is new moon.

Stop this nonsense. Annoying as %#"%#"%"#
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »
    Set was overperforming, so not surprised at all. Besides losing 80 spd/wpd isn't that much.

It is when a set like BSW offers more with an easy proc condition and a small cooldown. 4 seconds downtime is far better than 5% cost increase. Or the new crit damage set that offers a ton of extra critical damage.

And pair it with the False God spell damage removal and it gets even worse if you were running both sets.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »

Funny thing is there was a huge uproar when the set was released, people went as far as screaming about pay-to-win without realising that set can be obtained without buying dlc.
    Not quite "P2W" set, as you could ask some one to craft it for you. P2W is when only way to obtain stuff is to Pay RL cash (Dungeon sets for example, as those can not be traded or bought in other way, like some Monster Sets at Gold Vendor).
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do people wear NMA in trials and stuff? I figured trial gear would perform better, so nerfing this based on those activities seems pretty short sighted

Yeah, it's really popular on stam chars from what I've seen- several stamplars in my groups run NMA + Deadly Strike.

If the issue is that the cost increase is easy to overcome, why not just increase that vs. nerfing the damage? What they've done now effectively kills the set.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna give me back millions of gold for all the dreugh wax for golding out all my nma pieces across 5 magicka toons? This is whack.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    People who run meta builds rarely run NMA in PvE content with groups, especially now that sustain is such trash for prolonged fights and spell pen line is wasted on Magicka builds and as Stam you are most likely going to choose Lokk and Relequen.

This change doesn't make sense and just proves to me they aren't listening to people who actually play the game, but their supposed fantasy of how the game runs.

@brandoncoffmannub18_ESO : Lokke is strong only with enough Syn sadly. And it's a little nerfed on PTS. Rele is also nerf and a bad set for most fight if you have to move or switch target (but it's BIS if you can stick the ass of the same target of course)
    I use to have multiple set to switch and adapt to fights, Deadly was my core (i'm Stamplar) and the other set was either NMA, pLokke, Rele. I just added AY and VO to this list. I might work on more sets as the meta is switching apparently. I'm just a bit too new to the game to see the option available (Aegis? Alkosh?)
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, what in the flying fudge is this?

Have they no brains? That's the point of a kiss curse item, you hairy skeevers. You find a way to deal with the curse so you can benefit from the kiss, you dead-weight horkers.

Why does anything have this dynamic then? Vampires can get fire resistance, quickly increase their fire damage taken! Molag Kena's cost increase can be offset by synergies too, quickly nerf it! The speed malus of Immovable can be bypassed by dodging and speed rings, hurry make it useless. Equilibrium can be mitigated by allied healing, fast fast, make it bad!

Look at all these sets and skill we need to nerf. NERF! NERF!
    Only useless sets, only curses. Curses, lag and crown crates!

giphy.gif

• FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's really popular on stam chars from what I've seen- several stamplars in my groups run NMA + Deadly Strike.

If the issue is that the cost increase is easy to overcome, why not just increase that vs. nerfing the damage? What they've done now effectively kills the set.

Very fair point.

Either way this nerf is silly considering how strong proc sets might become.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They should reduce the penalty, perhaps to 3%. If they remove it entirely this set will become a direct upgrade over hundings/julianos, spinner's/spriggens etc.

Any set that offers more than 300 is a direct upgrade to those sets. None of them have cost penalties.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably swap NMA to Briarheart. It gives 450 wep damage + heals (no proc chance).

The problem is that I run Snow Treaders (medium boots), So I will be missing Undaunted passive. With crafted set I could simply craft one in different weight.
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any set that offers more than 300 is a direct upgrade to those sets. None of them have cost penalties.

Not a direct upgrade because most sets that offer more than 300 have cooldowns OR they do not effect healing or apply on all abilities, or on light attacks.

NMA offers 400 weapon dmg that benefits healing, works on all abilities, always on, and buffs light attacks. That's why its an absolute upgrade (if it had no cost increase).
    Edited by likecats on July 20, 2020 4:21PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should nerf the damage buff to 10 damage, because Suzanne drinks tea with sugar when playing in Trials.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like an over nerf. reduce to 450 would probably to the trick.
    With sword singer set going to 600 and with buffs to sets like Briarheart /thief essence/Yandir's Might etc...I don't see how NMA can compete.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blimey, Zos really hates solo players, don't they ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, I will wait for some content creators (Isth3reno1else, Alcast etc) to do patch review and listen to their angry rants... At least there will be some fun out of it... :|
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love, adore actually, how they tell us the cost increase penalty can be "easily alleviated"... When playing as a vampire mag dk, ash cloud alone costs about 6.5k mag...Sustain isn't an issue at all in Pve, especially with the loss of blood for blood, right? Please assume more about how we only wear New Moon Acolyte in *specifically* group content, Zos. More assumptions are always better right?
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Ajaks
    Ajaks
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, given the fact that we are getting close to a new proc set meta, this nerf seems non-logical to me as well. Besides - healing was already reduced via Battle spirit by 20% even if it was never the main problem to begin with (cross healing is). So improving specific damage sets, while further nerfing an all around damage set is counterproductive.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    This single handedly is the worst excuse I’ve ever seen for a change.

It’s literally being done to push players into the proc meta.