Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who else has high hopes about tomorrow's patch notes

• killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    I am unusually optimistic. Last update was the first good one we had in years without really any nerfs to classes directly.

You mean the patch that nerfed everyone but magsorcs? Yea right, that has improved class balance so much ...

No, the patch that had no direct class nerfs, as I clearly stated and that did not contain any class nerfs other than changes that affect everyone. The times where Sorcerers can rely purely on papershields are long over as well.

It brought good balance. From what I have seen, many seem to agree with the impression that this patch feels more balanced than any recent ones and that there are more build options than ever before. It can not be argued that it's the best patch we had in a very long time.

We right now got a good balance on classes and build options..?

Papershields? omegalul. It is nice to forget the facts about big shields that are comparable to big burst heals that you HoT yourself underneath them, while actual burst heals are nerfed for everyone so those who can use big shields benefit from this. Everyone knows this and can admit, except those who wanna stay on this messed up situation.

Best patch we had in a very long time, yet it actually only a good patch for Magsorcs, Stamblades (for good ones avoiding dmg and hitting hard) Stamdens (because of Shimmering giving protection against the FoTM magsorc, and for Stamcro, because of % mitigation and free Major Protection.

Still i see many who previously played Stamcro or Stamden went to their Magsorcs or Stamblades, since those 2 shine the best.. and in no-cp the Draugrkin Stamsorcs of course.

With the rest classes can make zergling hordes, all on Malacath, Overwhelming, Grothdarr and Stam zerglings all on Venomous, just spamming Poison Injection and Snipe and so on.. All who spends time enough on Cyrodiil know the real situation.

Exciting times on "this best patch in ages" at Cyrodiil and bgs.

Magdk,magden and magplar are doing more than fine aswell,the patch is not terrible balance wise beside some outlier.(on cp pvp)

And someone that change from stamcro/stamden to any other class is crazy unless is tired of the easy mode.

No CP is trash this patch sadly.

Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on July 13, 2020 8:19AM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Mother’s Sorrow must be a terrible set given it’s used on pretty much every Magicka build I see.

Much more seriously, why the f have they removed the update status banner from the posts pages? Something that was genuinely informative has been shunted to a single position on the main forum page, which almost no one will visit. That’s communication brilliance at its finest.

You can see the thought process, “oh if we put it there fewer players will notice that we’re taking the servers down again...” Idiot mindset 101
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I only need fixes for quests. Bugs kinda ruin mah immershun
  • Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably my top 1 or 2 MMOs that I have ever played. So yes, I do have high hopes that ZOS will make an attmept to fix issues. Now, by fixing issue do they cause more, that remains to be seen. With such a big world with many players accessing it all the time, there are always will be issue.

I am hoping that the dev reslove some of the major isses that have plagued to game since launch (animation issues on abilities, more stability in PvP, mounting and dismounting, etc)
    Stam Sorc ~ Ride Simpletree
    Pet Sorc ~ Scrupulous Simpletree
    Mag Warden ~ Sinister Simpletree
    Necro ~ Mystic Simpletree

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
    —Every single guard, everywhere.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey at least we are getting the ability to become a werepire for a time. So that is a boon for update 27. Even if its not as great.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unusually optimistic. Last update was the first good one we had in years without really any nerfs to classes directly.

You mean the patch that nerfed everyone but magsorcs? Yea right, that has improved class balance so much ...

No, the patch that had no direct class nerfs, as I clearly stated and that did not contain any class nerfs other than changes that affect everyone. The times where Sorcerers can rely purely on papershields are long over as well.

It brought good balance. From what I have seen, many seem to agree with the impression that this patch feels more balanced than any recent ones and that there are more build options than ever before. It can not be argued that it's the best patch we had in a very long time.

Papershields? omegalul. It is nice to forget the facts about big shields that are comparable to big burst heals that you HoT yourself underneath them, while actual burst heals are nerfed for everyone so those who can use big shields benefit from this. Everyone knows this and can admit, except those who wanna stay on this messed up situation.

Best patch we had in a very long time, yet it actually only a good patch for Magsorcs, Stamblades (for good ones avoiding dmg and hitting hard) Stamdens (because of Shimmering giving protection against the FoTM magsorc, and for Stamcro, because of % mitigation and free Major Protection.

Still i see many who previously played Stamcro or Stamden went to their Magsorcs or Stamblades, since those 2 shine the best.. and in no-cp the Draugrkin Stamsorcs of course.

With the rest classes can make zergling hordes, all on Malacath, Overwhelming, Grothdarr and Stam zerglings all on Venomous, just spamming Poison Injection and Snipe and so on.. All who spends time enough on Cyrodiil know the real situation.

Magdk,magden and magplar are doing more than fine aswell,the patch is not terrible balance wise beside some outlier.(on cp pvp)

And someone that change from stamcro/stamden to any other class is crazy unless is tired of the easy mode.

As said, MagDK and so on with Malacath can make a Potato Killer, or upgraded zerglings with enhanced AoE running around in groups of 20-50 as seen at PC-EU main campaigns.

But, when you in a discord with the people who been playing here for since the beginning of the game farming people solo or in small-scale and they tend to always move to the one(s) that are currently most suitable for it (mobility, zerg avoidance, enough damage to end most targets quick so can move out before the big zerg gets to help their fallen buddies that got a bit left behind or were at the edge of the siege).. then there are 2 currently that is best at it. Magsorc that can hit from range and Streak away from the zerg and HoT under shields and Stamblade with big boi burst that not many can after the heal reduction overheal anymore, and then Dodge roll/Cloak away and Sprint when in LoS.

One would not have to explain these, you can see them from solo and small-scale players on Cyrodiil if you have played long enough. Reacting (adapting) to patch changes in this patch did mean MSorcs and Stamblades increased in numbers, it is a fact. Can see it on addons too that save data from all the encounters you meet, as in they have stats on how many of each class you been in combat with and so on. Stats do not lie.

And i said that Stamden with Shimmering has protection from the FoTM Magsorc so it is good, also protects from the Stam zerglings projectile spammers, so its still legit good choice, but i still see people switching out.

And also as said, mKD with Malacath, Grothdarr, Elfbane, Cyro Crest type of setups are good, but they get caught and stomped by the zergs fast since no mobility (same goes for Stamcros), thus.. many moved to the more mobile heavy burst hitters that i mentioned that can go in and kill and quickly out with their own special way of mitigation (mobility+shields on Msorc and Cloak+Speed on Stamblade).

It is all about those details.

This patch is more about Gear and using it on a zerg with the same gear. Or you play Msorc or Stamblade if wanna be most efficient while solo. Not saying others are "worthless", just that the fact is those 2 are best at CP environment currently when played using their strenghts.

No need to get defensive about these facts. I too play both of those 2 classes, like all classes. But the healing nerf + Mythic gear (while they are fun and a new thing to experiment) did not treat all classes/specs equally. So we are not in a balanced situation, far from it. And some even want to buff sorcs even more (be that directly or indirectly by nerfing others).. sometimes i feel i must be dreaming when reading this forum, since the levels of bias are unbelievable.

Stamcro still strong yes on pug stomping, but someone who has played Stamcro now for a year said to me, he feels Stamcro getting the nerf hammer this upcoming update due to "player requested changes" that ZOS mentioned in the update preview so he moved to Stamblade already in advance lol. :D
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

As said, MagDK and so on with Malacath can make a Potato Killer, or upgraded zerglings with enhanced AoE running around in groups of 20-50 as seen at PC-EU main campaigns.

But, when you in a discord with the people who been playing here for since the beginning of the game farming people solo or in small-scale and they tend to always move to the one(s) that are currently most suitable for it (mobility, zerg avoidance, enough damage to end most targets quick so can move out before the big zerg gets to help their fallen buddies that got a bit left behind or were at the edge of the siege).. then there are 2 currently that is best at it. Magsorc that can hit from range and Streak away from the zerg and HoT under shields and Stamblade with big boi burst that not many can after the heal reduction overheal anymore, and then Dodge roll/Cloak away and Sprint when in LoS.

One would not have to explain these, you can see them from solo and small-scale players on Cyrodiil if you have played long enough. Reacting (adapting) to patch changes in this patch did mean MSorcs and Stamblades increased in numbers, it is a fact. Can see it on addons too that save data from all the encounters you meet, as in they have stats on how many of each class you been in combat with and so on. Stats do not lie.

And i said that Stamden with Shimmering has protection from the FoTM Magsorc so it is good, also protects from the Stam zerglings projectile spammers, so its still legit good choice, but i still see people switching out.

And also as said, mKD with Malacath, Grothdarr, Elfbane, Cyro Crest type of setups are good, but they get caught and stomped by the zergs fast since no mobility (same goes for Stamcros), thus.. many moved to the more mobile heavy burst hitters that i mentioned that can go in and kill and quickly out with their own special way of mitigation (mobility+shields on Msorc and Cloak+Speed on Stamblade).

It is all about those details.

This patch is more about Gear and using it on a zerg with the same gear. Or you play Msorc or Stamblade if wanna be most efficient while solo. Not saying others are "worthless", just that the fact is those 2 are best at CP environment currently when played using their strenghts.

No need to get defensive about these facts. I too play both of those 2 classes, like all classes. But the healing nerf + Mythic gear (while they are fun and a new thing to experiment) did not treat all classes/specs equally. So we are not in a balanced situation, far from it. And some even want to buff sorcs even more (be that directly or indirectly by nerfing others).. sometimes i feel i must be dreaming when reading this forum, since the levels of bias are unbelievable.

Stamcro still strong yes on pug stomping, but someone who has played Stamcro now for a year said to me, he feels Stamcro getting the nerf hammer this upcoming update due to "player requested changes" that ZOS mentioned in the update preview so he moved to Stamblade already in advance lol. :D

Stamblade and magsorc are also potato killer for what it's worth.

Magdk is also amazing in 1vs1 and of course stamblade/magsorc with mobility in cyro(in the right place with los)can do better than less mobile classes like magdk but the other classes can do better in 1vs1/group play and BG.

Warden are FOTM not because they can protect them self against magsorc,stamden is just that good like stamcro.

30k+hp with amazing damage/heal defense and so on,shimmering shield is just another thing they got in their arsenal.

And no one here is getting defensive simply stating that the other classes are not behind magsorc/stamblade by any means.
    (beside magcro and mageblade i guess)

He feels stamcro is getting the nerf hammer because is just busted plain and simple (not just because pug stomping)that class is just broken,any one who played this game for some time should be able to tell that stamden and stamcro are the 2 strongest classes in the game.

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My expectation were low, but holy ****. It's been almost two month and Lady of Blood is still not fixed, Greymoor Rising is not fixed and Hounds of Hircine is not fixed. And those are not some minor "fetch me some skeever poo" quests.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is there any estimate on when those will be fixed?