Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 27 Combat Preview

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please change ambush to the same teleporting that is used on shadow image. Thank you
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Revokus wrote: »
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    Nevermind skills like Hardened Armor or Igneous shield that give less than 1k shield in PvP, better immediatly rush to the aid of poor p2w necro. KEKW

Seriously. I hope there's a LOT of improvements to all classes and not just the p2w duo.

StamDK>Magnecro so StamDK is P2W KEK

What this game need to is bring the lowest performing spec(magnecro,magblade etc) to the level of mag sorc and almost every stam spec in the game in pvp and yes StamDK is still one of the strong specs.

You people crying for your vanilla classes to be buffed when they are already strong is hilarious...It's giving wrong feedback and the reason Devs don't listen to you and why balance is so lopsided in this game.

To the level of Magsorc? So you mean not making them better at all?
    All magicka specs are pretty much in the same boat compared to stamina specs, with the only exception for me being magicka templar. Coming to the level of Magsorc means suffering class shattering nerfs every second patch. I would advise against wishing this. :D

If you seriously believe this, you should consider trying out a class other than magsorc. I recommend magblade.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think ZOS will nerf Magblade again , no matter how weak they are currently ;)
  • dave_harter_ESO
    dave_harter_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am really happy about the vigor change as I am not a fan of pvp. This will definitely make playing stamina characters a lot more fun for me.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to chime in on the “don’t f with Rapids when you change up Vigor” discussion.

No one really needs Vigor at level 10... they want Vigor without having to do PvP (which is fair enough as it’s pretty essential to any stam build). This change merely band aids the fact that class skills weren’t originally developed for stamina characters.

EVERYONE needs rapids at level 10. At level 10 ponies are slow and Tamriel is enormous. Without Rapids, playing a low level character in PvE is unbelieveably and unnecessarily painful, while playing a slow pony character in Cyrodiil is simply suicidal.

Sacrificing Rapids so a few Stam characters can have a self heal early on (when it’s totally unnecessary) would be catastrophic game design.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Never used rapid in 5 years on 18 characters cant be that useful

I've never used this skill so it's not useful? That's some cool logic there.

I don't think it is universally useful, or used, either. It would be interesting to find out from ZOS how many people actually have Rapid slotted. I only use it in Cyrodiil. It never makes the cut in my builds outside of there. I rarely see anyone using it outside of Cyrodiil. I see mainly everyone use it in Cyrodiil. My perception is that it is not used that much outside of Cyrodiil.

All 36 characters of mine have it slotted when doing writs.

95%+ of the time I'm doing overland content, I have rapids on my bar to run from place to place.

Only time I don't have it slotted is when I'm doing Dungeons/Trials/BGs

Hmm. Ok.

I see people farming. I have been known to hunt bots, so I definitely see people farming. Most of the farmers I see are not using Rapid. That is hardly a global statement, so keep that in mind. I can only speak to what I observe.

My guess is that they want something that is always on, rather than something they have to recast every few seconds. Personally, I use gear for speed, so I am liking the new Wild Hunt ring.

Try walking or slow ponying to the 5 separate locations you need to visit to acquire the Wild Hunt ring leads. Not fun for a new level 10 character with a slow pony and no Rapids.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Please, next time you will use example for classes rebalance - use as example one of vanilla classes, i.e. thos who actually need rebalance, not p2w class.

I agree.

Why are we buffing on of the strongest classes?

Can we maybe adjust down skills for classes that really need more class skill options.

Stam sorc has like 3 maybe 4 active skills it actually uses, and at least 6 passives that are completely useless.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

I agree.

Why are we buffing on of the strongest classes?

Can we maybe adjust down skills for classes that really need more class skill options.

Stam sorc has like 3 maybe 4 active skills it actually uses, and at least 6 passives that are completely useless.

Imo one thing that stamsorc really needs is the daedric protection passive not needing summoning abilities slotted. Would help with bar space while still having access to a very strong passive.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Ventru7
    Ventru7
    I hope this update has some buffs to unused healer classes. Both in pve and pvp really only Templar and Wardens are used.
    Edited by Ventru7 on July 10, 2020 8:24AM
  • Scorpionwind
    Scorpionwind
    ✭✭
    • Performance-related example
      • Trial By Fire: This set will no longer grant Resistances to a unique type of damage category, such as Flame or Poison, for a short duration after being hit. Instead, it will grant your Armor while under the effects of any Elemental Status Effect, such as Burning or Poisoned.

This hit me hard....I have never complained about changes you guys make (I have had to change sets and skill set-ups before - no issues - just like so many other players), but this is such a unique set and it just got made a copy of so many others....another generic.

I am sure it is needed for your end-goals for performance, but is there no way to keep the 5-set bonus? At all?

I would settle for a rotation of elemental and poison resistance (still cringing though)....
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proceeds to sell his soul to a Daedric Prince for Stam Whip 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

We need a bigger sacrifice.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

We need a bigger sacrifice.

A bargain must be made.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapids is way more useful than vigor, and it is almost mandatory to unlock any other pvp skill on a newer character.
    Vigor is nice and all, but it only benefits 50% of players (stam) and most classes/weapons have a heal skill already. NO ONE gets the speed boost of rapids without using rapids. It is basically mandatory to even attempt pvp.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    Rapids is way more useful than vigor, and it is almost mandatory to unlock any other pvp skill on a newer character.
    Vigor is nice and all, but it only benefits 50% of players (stam) and most classes/weapons have a heal skill already. NO ONE gets the speed boost of rapids without using rapids. It is basically mandatory to even attempt pvp.

Shunting Rapids to, say, the third skill would have the effect of forcing all characters to do a certain amount of PvP. Unless they basically want to walk around Tamriel for six months.

It seems as if ZOS has looked at the effect that having Vigor at level 5 has had on forcing stam characters to do PvP and, rather than going, “let’s make Vigor attainable at level 2 as well”, has doubled down and said “imagine how many more characters would be forced into PvP if we made Rapids only attainable at level 5”.

I mean, call me dead cynical, but remove Rapids from level 2, force all characters into a basic level of PvP and then introduce a premium, paid for mount that allows experienced players to charge new ones for porting them around Cyrodiil? Surely that can’t be the thought process involved.....

Maybe I’m wrong and you’ll be able to get both Rapids and Vigor at level 2 (which would be fantastic) .... but I’m not holding out any hope for that.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone that doesn't PVP but has stam characters, I am fine with this change to Vigor :smiley:
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Can we now move Undaunted Mettle and Orbs up to Undaunted level 2?
    Seems fair.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems fair.

Would be a dream.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Try walking or slow ponying to the 5 separate locations you need to visit to acquire the Wild Hunt ring leads. Not fun for a new level 10 character with a slow pony and no Rapids.

I guess that depends on your impatience level.

Horses can be slow at level 10. I have a newly created character from March or April that is still not fully leveled in speed, but is Level 50. I have never felt that Rapid Maneuvers was worth slotting outside of Cyrodiil. I have felt that Vigor is worth slotting, and that is why I think that an equivalent skill needs to be made available outside of PVP. Making it easier to access the PVP skill is the second best choice.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i may be along way off the mark here, but i have an overwhelming sense of dread for the up coming "performance" changes, from what i have read so far and with previous changes it seems that the road map to improved performance that we mostly assumed would an overhaul of the servers and removal of dead code and bug/ crash fixes is actually the opposite. It would seem the only way to improve performance is to dumb down the combat system and rework the sets so the server has to do less calculations, this for me is not improvement of performance but an admittance that the servers are shot beyond repair and the bugs/crashes are so far entrenched into the code they are impossible to fix. i fear update 28 may see turn based combat (not literally).
  • Ventru7
    Ventru7
    Ah yes, necromancer buffs. We've all been desperately waiting for this.

I assume you are talking about necro dds that have no relevance to this buff.Tank/heal necro is kinda in the middle of picked classes so this is definetely a welcoming buff for support roles.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ventru7 wrote: »
    Ah yes, necromancer buffs. We've all been desperately waiting for this.

I assume you are talking about necro dds that have no relevance to this buff.Tank/heal necro is kinda in the middle of picked classes so this is definetely a welcoming buff for support roles.

I am referring to PvP where tank/heal/DPS trinity does not exist and classes are judged based on how much they have in TOTAL rather than in a specific niche. Though its also no secret that they hold a problematic spot for balance in PvE aswell.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems fair.

This seems more than fair.

Should be: Orbs -> Inner Fire -> Altar -> Bone Shield -> Spiders.
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="FierceSam;c-6855311"
    EVERYONE needs rapids at level 10. At level 10 ponies are slow and Tamriel is enormous. Without Rapids, playing a low level character in PvE is unbelieveably and unnecessarily painful, while playing a slow pony character in Cyrodiil is simply suicidal.
    [/quote]

Add to this the player-hostile wayshrine placement in the most recent zones. Do the right thing ZoS. Rapids > Vigor
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    Just move vigor to support since its healing ability anyways.
    That way rapids could remain assault 2 and vigor could be support 2
    I agree with Rake. It should be in support since that is what it is. At least both can be unlocked. Rapids is used in pve just as much as PvP.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is DK's slinging poop of fire going to be updated?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Wodensbeard
    Wodensbeard
    Soul Shriven
    Moving rapids further away up the assault tree will mean that lower level characters will be missing out of AP from their group captures and as well as forcing them to linger behind the group without a babysitter.

I play all aspects of the game to some degree and often bring inexperienced players into new aspects with me so they don't feel completely overwhelmed.This past event I brought 3 players who were new to Cyrodiil into the 7 day campaigns and they had a blast capturing and defending. We started to lose members when they were lagging behind and got wiped by yet another stealthed gankblade time and time again only to have to respawn even further from the group and miss the captures.

It's easy enough to get vigor if you can keep up, but making a change that forces Non-PVP speced characters to be innately slower than their experienced counterparts is just going to hinder newer and less experienced players.

For those Wanting to swap vigor for siege shield, that would also have to overhaul the Meritorious Service set, otherwise every small man group will have an extra 3010 resistance essentially permanently.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving rapids further away up the assault tree will mean that lower level characters will be missing out of AP from their group captures and as well as forcing them to linger behind the group without a babysitter.

I play all aspects of the game to some degree and often bring inexperienced players into new aspects with me so they don't feel completely overwhelmed.This past event I brought 3 players who were new to Cyrodiil into the 7 day campaigns and they had a blast capturing and defending. We started to lose members when they were lagging behind and got wiped by yet another stealthed gankblade time and time again only to have to respawn even further from the group and miss the captures.

It's easy enough to get vigor if you can keep up, but making a change that forces Non-PVP speced characters to be innately slower than their experienced counterparts is just going to hinder newer and less experienced players.

For those Wanting to swap vigor for siege shield, that would also have to overhaul the Meritorious Service set, otherwise every small man group will have an extra 3010 resistance essentially permanently.

That’s already achievable with purge. IMO it doesn’t really matter if Vigor can also proc Meritorious, just gives another option.
  • Wodensbeard
    Wodensbeard
    Soul Shriven

That’s already achievable with purge. IMO it doesn’t really matter if Vigor can also proc Meritorious, just gives another option.

Purge is almost 3x as expensive as vigor... plus vigor can be a group HOT, draws from stam, and is already slotted in over half the stam builds out there. A healer wearing this with a 14k stam pool can proc it 3x with vigor and still sprint or dodge roll and have a full magica pool to heal or buff.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Purge is almost 3x as expensive as vigor... plus vigor can be a group HOT, draws from stam, and is already slotted in over half the stam builds out there. A healer wearing this with a 14k stam pool can proc it 3x with vigor and still sprint or dodge roll and have a full magica pool to heal or buff.

3X Vigor’s 2984 = 8952. Purge costs 5300, nobody is using the Cleanse morph at 7830. You also get 10% Magicka Recovery just for slotting Purge. It’s an expensive skill, but not that bad.