The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killed same player 7 times in a row with flaming oil

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Same battle.

Is there really anything in Cyro to look forward to after that?
Edited by tinythinker on July 3, 2020 11:50PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, killing someone that has the ability to fight back is much more rewarding.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Technically they could have stopped standing under the oil anytime. Most people weren't fighting under that spot. The highlight isn't killing someone a lot, it's how unlikely the same person would be in the same spot over and over and over again getting killed by the same easily avoidable thing. I was just mindlessly clicking a button, but then I scrolled up to read something and noticed the same name over and over.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed a magsorc 1v1 5 times in a row as a magnecro the other night because he kept coming back to fight me. I finally just left because I was tired of killing him. A man can handle only so much death...

If it didn't work the first 4 times why would it work the 5th? Does not compute!
    Edited by Akinos on July 4, 2020 2:52AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    I killed a magsorc 1v1 5 times in a row as a magnecro the other night because he kept coming back to fight me. I finally just left because I was tired of killing him. A man can handle only so much death...

If it didn't work the first 4 times why would it work the 5th? Does not compute!

Well I mean even that is different than just standing under oil to die over and over.

Maybe your guy was just trying to practice and improve his skills, so I can understand if that's the case.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That wouldn't even be the warm up if the magsorc had been BBTDP :#
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Practice maybe? At least he was trying to get better
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically they could have stopped standing under the oil anytime. Most people weren't fighting under that spot. The highlight isn't killing someone a lot, it's how unlikely the same person would be in the same spot over and over and over again getting killed by the same easily avoidable thing. I was just mindlessly clicking a button, but then I scrolled up to read something and noticed the same name over and over.

It's always possible they kept getting ressed but kept standing up in the oils and immediately dying.
  • Gol Barr
    Gol Barr
    ✭✭
    im new wha are oils
  • Gol Barr
    Gol Barr
    ✭✭
    Gol Barr wrote: »
    im new wha are oils

>?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lag.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Technically they could have stopped standing under the oil anytime.

PZvbhqr.jpg

I've made jokes while oiling crowds that would stand under me about them being so impatient for their exfoliating treatment

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gol Barr wrote: »
    im new wha are oils

Flaming Oil is a type of siege weapon purchasable from quartermasters and siege merchants in Cyrodiil. If places on the edge of an flat surface that is above other players, like over the main gate of an outpost or keep, you can activate it to drop oil on anyone in a splash radius below. The UI of nearby players will give an AoE indicator before the oil hits if they want to make a quick move to get away, plus unless it is drowned out by other sounds activating the oil makes a distinct creaking sound. The oil hits for a decent amount of damage and places a flame damage-over-time affect on anyone standing under the oil when it reaches their position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SihBdxHcgeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52DsWpZoYl0

When ESO was first released you could put oil on the ground and still it enemy players with it, a technique known as "ground oils", but this was changed so that the oil had to drop a certain distance to cause damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXq-LT5PFq8

• doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there really anything in Cyro to look forward to after that?

Killing the same person 8 times in a row with oils? ;)