The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rampant self rezzing in cyro (exploit using group finder somehow)

TineaCruris
TineaCruris
✭✭✭✭✭
There is absolutely rampant self resurrecting going on in cyrodiil these days. They are using the group finder somehow and then escaping out of it somehow, then popping up like they never got killed.

Please acknowledge an awareness of this bug/exploit ZOS. This one is really ridiculous. People are not supposed to be able to rez themselves in cyrodiil.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_KaiSchober
@ZOS_SarahHecker
@ZOS_Finn
@ZOS_MattFiror
Edited by TineaCruris on June 15, 2020 5:49PM
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait whuuuut?!
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on what kills you,and where you are there,you can rez yourself.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we tag a thread to make sure the devs see it, and make sure the cheat/exploit is at least known?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we tag a thread to make sure the devs see it, and make sure the cheat/exploit is at least known?

You report it in game, preferably with a link to a video showing the exploit.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before you even get that far, you should at least make sure it is a cheat or exploit. Right now, it doesn't sound like one at all. At least your comments are hard to understand.
    They are using the group finder somehow and then escaping out of it somehow, then popping up like they never got killed.

What does this even mean? Popping up where... the same exact spot they died from? And you have always been able to use GF (BattleGrounds) while in Cyro and you can also queue into IC, and vice-versa.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was someone self rezzing the other day. He was very blatant about it. He would self rez multiple times with many people watching. He used the word 'hack' as part of his name, fairly certain he was just advertising for a hack site.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

Before you even get that far, you should at least make sure it is a cheat or exploit. Right now, it doesn't sound like one at all. At least your comments are hard to understand.
    They are using the group finder somehow and then escaping out of it somehow, then popping up like they never got killed.

What does this even mean? Popping up where... the same exact spot they died from? And you have always been able to use GF (BattleGrounds) while in Cyro and you can also queue into IC, and vice-versa.

I don't think my explanation is unclear. People are using the group finder somehow, queing to random normal then escaping out or something, to exploit themselves back to life. They are not getting resurrected by another player. It absolutely, for certain, is an exploit or a cheat. No question.
    Edited by TineaCruris on June 15, 2020 5:48PM
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There was someone self rezzing the other day. He was very blatant about it. He would self rez multiple times with many people watching. He used the word 'hack' as part of his name, fairly certain he was just advertising for a hack site.

Yes, it is this person and a handful that run with them that are using the exploit the most. I have not seen any others using it, although I'm sure there are more. And yes, I of course reported the exploiter.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they are just Warlocks using a soul stone?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You tagged it already.

However, what you really need to do is record your game with them doing this. DO NOT post the video here. Report the players in-game and let them know you have a video of what was happening. They will ask you for the video they need it.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    idk wrote: »
    You tagged it already.

However, what you really need to do is record your game with them doing this. DO NOT post the video here. Report the players in-game and let them know you have a video of what was happening. They will ask you for the video they need it.

Hi all,

Just confirming that we have seen this as well as some similar reports, and are aware. If you see a player insta-rezzing over and over in combat, please try to capture it on video and report it to us via the in-game or Support portal tools. That behavior is not possible without intentional exploiting or other means that are a violation of our Terms of Service.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a macro hack that uses the auto revive feature of a successful que that cancels the que midway it being processed before the teleport. It should be an easy fix.

More reason though for client software integrity checks.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Sounds like a macro hack that uses the auto revive feature of a successful que that cancels the que midway it being processed before the teleport. It should be an easy fix.

I don't even know how people come up with these so far beyond reasonable ideas. It is just another bug, just having to do with spaghetti code. I'm working on the vid now, took like 2 seconds to figure the bug out.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by MincVinyl on June 15, 2020 8:21PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself and my PVP guild have seen and reported this. Players generally arent supposed to self-rez after they die to other players. Saw one guy doing over and over when we fought him

Edited by Katahdin on June 15, 2020 8:59PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tagged it already.

Hi all,

Just confirming that we have seen this as well as some similar reports, and are aware. If you see a player insta-rezzing over and over in combat, please try to capture it on video and report it to us via the in-game or Support portal tools. That behavior is not possible without intentional exploiting or other means that are a violation of our Terms of Service.

Thank you very much for confirming the exploit is known.

I did report it happening in game every time I saw it.

And, I edited the OP to include the tags, so they weren't there originally....I just copied how someone else did it.

• thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there was also a guy who could run into the tower stairs at Chal LM. he could hit you from underneath the floor of the tower, then run out and cap the flags. He didn't even try to hide the fact he was doing it. WE got it on video and Hopefully there will be something done.

For the future, If you do not fix these issues when honest players are reporting it. You are making your company and game look like a joke.

If it's true that this has been happening for 4 patches, I would fire every single one of the devs on the spot. Plain and simple.
    But keep the dislocated jaw bug that you knew about since the POS ( PTS) of Greymoor, That one i can live with.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

If ZOS finally does something about this, can we finally have some STATS like how many accounts sanctioned for this exploit?
    We don't need to know who, just some confidence that something has been done (and some idea of how widespread it was).
    We'll probably never even know how many people were using it when no one was around to see it and report it.

When players brazenly use exploits in view of other players they are cheating -- that's a sign that they don't expect any consequences of cheating.
    Can ZOS finally prove to them -- as well as honest players -- that there are consequences?

An end-of-season report like http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9841239#edit9841239 compiled once every 30 days or even once per quarter does not seem excessive.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 16, 2020 6:20AM
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty convinced it's not a group finder exploit. It's something much simpler. But I'm not going to post the method in here. Also not going to risk my account trying to replicate the exploit on video.

Feel free to contact me, you guys can look into it yourselves. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

Ironically, this game launched with a very trusted client as much was done client-side. Those that have been around for awhile recall the CE debacle with players able to use an ultimate immediately after they used an ultimate as CE overrode the client check to make sure the character had enough resources.

Zos moved a lot of checks to the server-side which is part of the reason Cyrodiil lag is worse today than several years ago.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the future, If you do not fix these issues when honest players are reporting it. You are making your company and game look like a joke.

If it's true that this has been happening for 4 patches, I would fire every single one of the devs on the spot. Plain and simple.
    But keep the dislocated jaw bug that you knew about since the POS ( PTS) of Greymoor, That one i can live with.

I feel the blame has to firstly fall on the players who are cheating.
    On ZOS's side, they are working blind. They might find one way to stop this particular cheat but it might turn out to be done in another way.

If the time and resource cost is too high to find and plug the exploit, I would prefer to see them just get video reports and ban the cheaters.
    Just because you fix one bug (which can possibly cost a lot of time and resources that could be put somewhere else more useful) -- it won't necessarily change the CULTURE of cheating in the game.
    When ZOS shows they are taking action and cheaters have a harder time getting away, there'll be less cheating and exploiting from the deterrence and cheaters being forced to leave the game.

It's the same in real life. You can't protect everyone from murder all the time. But a lot of people don't wantonly go around assaulting and murdering people because a lot of these criminals get caught and persecuted.
    That's also why the Justice System in ESO is a joke. Guards can't do anything to players so all of Auridon gets massacred.
    Right now, the ZOS anti-cheat department is as useful as the Guards in Auridon.

If the resource cost to handle cheating -- not just coding out the cheats, not just investigating reports (seriously, just imagine how long that would take to do even one report, and that's IF the player could get a video because who's recording all the time just in case a cheat happens?), but responding to tickets and even handling the forum posts -- becomes way too high compared to the benefits of keeping open-world PvP in the game, it's time to just remove open world PvP and focus on Battlegrounds, where the environment and numbers can be more strictly controlled and monitored.
    You want to capture keeps and towns? Make them BG maps.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 16, 2020 7:13AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

On ZOS's side, they are working blind. They might find one way to stop this particular cheat but it might turn out to be done in another way.

If the time and resource cost is too high to find and plug the exploit, I would prefer to see them just get video reports and ban the cheaters.
    Just because you fix one bug (which can possibly cost a lot of time and resources that could be put somewhere else more useful) -- it won't necessarily change the CULTURE of cheating in the game.

In the case of this specific exploit it would likely be a simple fix as it is a specific condition that needs to be active in order to proc it.

But I agree with you about the culture of the game, cheating devalues gameplay.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

If ZOS finally does something about this, can we finally have some STATS like how many accounts sanctioned for this exploit?
    We don't need to know who, just some confidence that something has been done (and some idea of how widespread it was).
    We'll probably never even know how many people were using it when no one was around to see it and report it.

When players brazenly use exploits in view of other players they are cheating -- that's a sign that they don't expect any consequences of cheating.
    Can ZOS finally prove to them -- as well as honest players -- that there are consequences?

An end-of-season report like http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9841239#edit9841239 compiled once every 30 days or even once per quarter does not seem excessive.

I am inclined to agree that players who act downright criminal gets given a slap on the wrist. Intentional hackers and crown scammers are account banned but its so easy to make a free account these days. ZOS could perhaps look at not just banning an account but also the device the account was used from.
    Edited by marius_buys on June 16, 2020 8:39AM
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely rampant self resurrecting going on in cyrodiil these days. They are using the group finder somehow and then escaping out of it somehow, then popping up like they never got killed.

Please acknowledge an awareness of this bug/exploit ZOS. This one is really ridiculous. People are not supposed to be able to rez themselves in cyrodiil.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_Finn
    @ZOS_MattFiror

its not the only expilot they are using, they are back using the group port into pvp, [snip]

[Edited to remove Explanation of Exploit]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 16, 2020 11:00AM
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In the case of this specific exploit it would likely be a simple fix as it is a specific condition that needs to be active in order to proc it.

Maybe, maybe not. I do find it ironic that players are screaming for Greymoor bug fixes and PvP improvements. But players insisting on find and using cheats and exploits or other TOS violations like crown scamming create more work for ZOS on top of that.
    Maybe if we stopped making more work for them they can actually get useful work done and delivery a higher quality product for a change.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 16, 2020 9:32AM
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tagged it already.

Hi all,

People ganged up on the OP, now they are eating crow.

I haven't seen this particular issue, but this is a blatant example of how an online mob of "know it alls" almost invalidated the concerns of another person.

The OP had a legitimate concern and everyone else mansplained it away or joked about it.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if we stopped making more work for them they can actually get useful work done and delivery a higher quality product for a change.

Your argument is based on an improper conflation, and therefore invalid. It's not false, it's just an empty statement.

I find it extremely unlikely that the group asking for improvements and the blatant cheaters are the same people. I would even go as far as suggesting that the people who cheat are perfectly fine with a buggy product and wants it to stay that way, simply because it enables them to cheat.

You could just as well say "maybe if we stopped being mean to each other we wouldn't have to use as much public funds on the criminal justice system". Two very different and disparate groups with entirely different agendas and different motivations are conflated by an improper use of "we" to refer to both.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tagged it already.

Hi all,

This doesn't even need to modify game code?
  • Psyman
    Psyman
    ✭✭
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof. That's some seriously spicy salsa there. Glad to see developer response on this, and hope it is resolved quickly. I'm not big on PvP, but I can see how that can utterly ruin play for those who enjoy PvP.
          In verity.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, I didn't think we could add more bugs to this mess of a game, proved me wrong.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall