The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Dear housing community how do you feel about Nord boat furnishing requiring vet trial achieve ?

• Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it being locked behind a trial completion, not really okay with it being vet trial. I've always thought they should tier rewards differently for trials in the form of something like.
    Trial - House Item.
    Vet Trial - Skin
    HM Vet Trial - Mount.

These are in order of what's most likely to be visually noticed that isn't tradeable. Housing items are the least noticed because not everyone can visit anyones house, it requires an addon and then requires the other people to even have the house setup or have it open to all visitors.

Skins are more noticeable because you can see them vaguely past the armor in the world. You can notice someone walking about with blue lightning crackle skin from a vet trial even if 90% of it is hidden by outfit.

Mounts are (I think) unarguably the most noticeable thing anyone can see. If I see someone running along with a lightning struck horse leaving glowing hoof prints in the ground I'm going to think to myself "Neat wonder where that's from." People do it with Crate mounts all the time and end up googling them or asking about it in guild chats.

Tldr I don't think vet trials is the right place to gatekeep furnishings.
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe normal instead of vet. Vet seems a bit out of reach for people only into housing... it's not an easy trial.

I'm into trials and housing. But if you tell anyone I'll deny it.

Most of the friends I run trials with pretend to not know anything about or show any interest in housing... but I think its more a fear of not knowing how to really make or create a cool house then anything else. If I'm not parsing, running a trial or dungeon, I'm probably housing.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    You seriously compare a house with 24 ppl to a 12 man vet trial? Lol. Makes no sense. That's an ACHIEVEMENT reward as it should be.
    And I am talking about ACHIEVEMENT (do I need even bigger letters?) BiS set reward as it should be.
    It makes no sense that 12-man trial is more MMO RPG than 24-man housing, since housing is more suited for massive online role playing.

No, it's not. Many MMOs don't even have housing so quit complaining already. You can get the boat easily if you want to.

Not everything should be handed to you. Earn them and be proud of them. That's the whole idea of mmoRPGs.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TigerDRena wrote: »
    It's a bit odd that a vet trial is required for a furniture like that. I personally haven't done any trials yet, and will still not do them in a very long time.

I don't think it was a very suitable choice to set that requirement because the main targets of those kind of furnitures are players that mostly just do housing, from what I've seen so far.

There are tons of furniture behind different achievements. Why suddenly you all freak out about a boat? You can earn it or do fishing which also require an achievement. Literally all zone furnitures are behind different achievements. Should they remove them too? No, of course not.

This is a great system and I do hope they continue rewarding furniture by achieving something in the game. This game covers all aspects of mmorpg, not just housing or vet trials.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    I personally think it's unfair to those of us who love housing but cant for reasons do vet trials. I can honestly say that after playing eso for many years ive yet to meet more than just a couple of endgamers that are into housing. They are rare.

I don't run dungeons because I don't always have time. I prefer things like dolmens, world bosses and Harrowstorms my for my group content, so I don't have to commit to a long period of time.

You do realise harrowstorms take the same time as normal dungeons, especially if you treat it like a 4 man content.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While discussing about this so called issue, if you cant put items behind achievements, all houses should be free then too.

They are earned by getting the required amount of gold. Since I don't grind for gold and only do housing and trials, they should be handed for free so it would be equal to everyone. Right?

Some items being it gear, furniture, title or whatever should be harder to get than others. Mmorpg is not fair to all, they have never been ans they never will.

I find the system absolutely fair and so hope they continue rewarding people who do trials some other way than lazy skins which you can buy with crowns anyway.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everything should be handed to you. Earn them and be proud of them. That's the whole idea of mmoRPGs.
    Yet you are against earning your BiS set to be proud of it from some housing achievement. A typical example of hypocrisy.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet you are against earning your BiS set to be proud of it from some housing achievement. A typical example of hypocrisy.

I never said so.

I'm fine getting the best gear by whatever means. I do think the best gear should be earned by doing something hard. Housing is not hard, I'm fine if they added it to some housing achievement.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said so.

I'm fine getting the best gear by whatever means. I do think the best gear should be earned by doing something hard. Housing is not hard, I'm fine if they added it to some housing achievement.
    Housing is hard. Housing achievements currently in game are not really hard, just gold consuming. Still, devs can use official housing contest like the recent one to reward a number of top winners with exclusive item sets, since only a human can distinguish between good house and a pile of items in the air.
    one mer to find them,
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said so.

Housing is hard. Housing achievements currently in game are not really hard, just gold consuming. Still, devs can use official housing contest like the recent one to reward a number of top winners with exclusive item sets, since only a human can distinguish between good house and a pile of items in the air.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Only make it pc only and console only and I'm all in favour for that.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm just picking bad times but I can't get a group together to do normal Kynes Aegis nevermind veteran. Maybe it's easier to get a veteran group together.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You seriously compare a house with 24 ppl to a 12 man vet trial? Lol. Makes no sense. That's an ACHIEVEMENT reward as it should be.
    And I am talking about ACHIEVEMENT (do I need even bigger letters?) BiS set reward as it should be.
    It makes no sense that 12-man trial is more MMO RPG than 24-man housing, since housing is more suited for massive online role playing.

No, it's not. Many MMOs don't even have housing so quit complaining already. You can get the boat easily if you want to.

That would be fine if we were talking gear and stuff, or even a flashy, trial-related furnishing.

This is just a basic boat.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Housing is not hard, I'm fine if they added it to some housing achievement.

It's hard to do well.

For many, at least.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mmorpg is not fair to all...

...I find the system absolutely fair

:lol:

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, given that the only other boat is locked behind the Master Fisher achievement, I think the new boat should be difficult to get as well.

Still easier than Master Fisher...

I hate ESO fishing.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Weird. I do end game trials and housing. We do exist. It's rather easy to get so I wouldn't change anything.

There are many items behind achievements and such and I find it a good thing. Makes the reward worth it and not everything should be handed to you freely.

It's MMORPG, not Sims or Cities: Skylines.

You have, literally, written that directly under the comment of someone saying it is impossible for them.

The issue isn't requiring people to do things to get certain things.

The issue is giving people, who don't even do a certain area of the game, something they won't even use; while leaving people, who do the area of the game it is designed for, without any way to get it.

It's just inanely stupid and unthoughtful, in terms of design, quite frankly.

I do zero pvp so I will never get those items from it. Fair? Yes. You can achieve everything in this game but not all should be easy.

I also will never finish the fishing achievement because that is something I won't want to spend my time so there goes that boat for me. Fair? Yes.

I love the idea some items are harder to get because after all it is, again, a MMO, not a housing simulator. There are tons of free items to get, not all should be achieved easily. You are more proud of items you work for.

No, it's not fair (in either case).

Basic stuff (as this boat, undoubtedly, is) should be acquired by doing the part of the game associated with it, or something which is at least on an equal plateau, ability-wise.

Sticking something, that is for an activity which is extremely laid back, behind an activity that is extremely frenetic makes no sense, because not everyone who can do the laid back activity can also do the frenetic one.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was disappointed when they made some Elsweyr achievement furnishings dependent on vet content, namely the Khajiit statues. I remember some others expressing their unhappiness with this as well.

The problem with vet content is, even if you are in a guild with 500 active members, unless you are on the trials team you will never find anyone to run that trial you want to complete.

You really need to run the trial on normal first to get some idea of the mechanics as well. My experience with pugging trials has been a disaster, even in normal trials. I have partially completed nmol twice but my group gave up before we completed it. I had to run nss 3 times on normal before I got a group to complete it.

I guess if I wanted the completion on vet for any trials I’d have to buy a carry, even though I could probably hold my own but not be the top dps on the team.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    I personally think it's unfair to those of us who love housing but cant for reasons do vet trials. I can honestly say that after playing eso for many years ive yet to meet more than just a couple of endgamers that are into housing. They are rare.

I don't run dungeons because I don't always have time. I prefer things like dolmens, world bosses and Harrowstorms my for my group content, so I don't have to commit to a long period of time.

You do realise harrowstorms take the same time as normal dungeons, especially if you treat it like a 4 man content.

Haven't done a lot, as they are disappointing, especially after dragons.

However, so far, they haven't taken me as long as half a normal dungeon, in a 4 or 5 man (or person!); let alone a whole one.

...and when they first came out, I would estimate they took less than a minute, with everyone doing them.

There again, I am way beyond max CP, at this point, so it could just be that.

Maybe if you have 4 people at below 160CP, that could be the case.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Honestly, given that the only other boat is locked behind the Master Fisher achievement, I think the new boat should be difficult to get as well.

I hate ESO fishing.

So, because something is ridiculously difficult (if not impossible, if you don't PVP!) to get, something else should be equally difficult (if not impossible, if you don't endgame!) to get?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Seriously, I'm glad I don't care about boats much, otherwise I would be livid, at this point. :lol:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Call me a cynic, but I'm starting to think it's the people who sell trial carries who just LOVE this arrangement...
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me a cynic, but I'm starting to think it's the people who sell trial carries who just LOVE this arrangement...

I hate people who sell those. Takes the fun out of a game.

You can achieve the boat too if you want. You just need to expand your gaming experience beyond housing too which isn't the main focus on the game. The fantastic aspect of the game is that it makes you grow as a player and you improve your skills.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

I hate ESO fishing.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

True, they don't - also ESO isn't a game about housing. Housing is a one part of the game. Some rewards should be rewarded from other aspects of the game so people can experience that side of the game too.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some rewards should be rewarded from other aspects of the game so people can experience that side of the game too.
    No. People should feel the need to experience only those parts of the game that they like. "If you like to eat a chocolate and you want to taste some special chocolate, then you must also taste bat guano, because reasons" (or because the one who is saying this is just a sadist) is beyond stupid.
    one mer to find them,
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with that. On the contrary, I believe that certain areas of the game should not be separated so much, they should overlap more.
    PC/EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some rewards should be rewarded from other aspects of the game so people can experience that side of the game too.
    No. People should feel the need to experience only those parts of the game that they like. "If you like to eat a chocolate and you want to taste some special chocolate, then you must also taste bat guano, because reasons" (or because the one who is saying this is just a sadist) is beyond stupid.

This. Just because I can PvE, or PvP, or run dungeons, or vet trials, or harrowstorms, or world bosses, or craft, or antiquities, or role play, doesn't mean I have to experience ALL of them. I can choose to do the activities that I find enjoyable, and not do those I don't. Just like in real life.

You wouldn't tell a football player that he can't get his championship ring unless he also earns one in basketball and baseball too, would you? So why lock furnishings behind vet dungeons?
    PCNA
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were more ships available, this wouldn't be an issue.

I don't have the slightest problem with ZOS putting furnishings as rewards for different content like PVE group content or PVP. I think ZOS views housing as integrally connected with the rest of the game, not something where you can say "I just do housing" and also expect to get every furnishing. As with other rewards in game, if you don't do all the content, you'll miss out on the rewards.

But where its a problem is that ZOS only produces a limited amount of items the housing community wants. There's only 2 ships, and one is for a vet trial achievement. Create more ships and make them available from a variety of in game content, and suddenly it's less of a problem.

This comment really makes the most sense to me . I totally agree.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in that logic I want to test or have all the houses so they should be free too, right?
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Just because I can PvE, or PvP, or run dungeons, or vet trials, or harrowstorms, or world bosses, or craft, or antiquities, or role play, doesn't mean I have to experience ALL of them. I can choose to do the activities that I find enjoyable, and not do those I don't. Just like in real life.

You wouldn't tell a football player that he can't get his championship ring unless he also earns one in basketball and baseball too, would you? So why lock furnishings behind vet dungeons?

Yes, like also in real life you can not achieve everything you want. Makes sense. Why should a game feel any different?

Why should any housing items be locked behind achievements? With many of your logic you all want everything free and you want to earn none. Makes no sense.

Seems most of you forget this is MMMORPG, not housing game. It makes perfect sense that you EARN some items by achievement something in the game. It makes you feel proud of them, make you feel you earned then. Not all items should be available for everyone. Some items are rewarded to those who earn then. That's the nature of games.

Sims is a housing game mainly and not even that you can have all items without paying. This is a free game with housing option in which you can EARN items for free. No one is forcing you, you just need to experience the aspects of MMORPG.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in that logic I want to test or have all the houses so they should be free too, right?

That's a strawman that has nothing to do with what he said?... "Rewards should be rewarded based on the parts of the game they pertain to" does not lead into "I should be able to obtain all houses for free." Feel free to explain the link between those two conclusions but you're wrong since one is a matter of logically adding in achievement furniture obtained based on related things (The curse doll in W. Skyrim comes from its related quest, the stinky mammoth cheese comes from the cheese connoisseur, etc). The other is an opinion on whether or not ZOS should charge for housing in general and require some crown-only homes. A better logical argument is to say.

"If rewards are linked only to the parts of the game they pertain to then gold-purchased houses should be gated behind achievements like completing the zone the house is in."

Which of course many large and manor houses already have those requirements so that's an irrelevant point. If the furnishing was a statue of Lord Falgravn and it required vet completion then it'd make a good bit of sense. Those are related content and it can be argued for. Veteran Kyne's Aegis is not the only location of the Nord Fishing Boat so it's senseless that it requires veteran completion for it. Logically if I have millions of gold there are plenty of NPCs in W. Skyrim who would happily sell their boat to me if they could.

Anyone can see that this scenario is a good bit different from the N Elsweyr statues which directly pertained to the trial they were awarded from.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should any housing items be locked behind achievements?

What I and the OP said is why are housing items locked behind vet trials.

PCNA
This discussion has been closed.