The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMA and vDSA weapons should be upgraded to their Perfected versions. Do you agree?

• holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, weapons should upgrade automatically.
    I dont love whine and begging post.
    But IF the content that drop the perfected version is the SAME as the old content that dropped the non perfected,
    it is really a malpractice by zos.
    To add to this injustice, the same old drop can be not obtained in the supereasy normal version of the content.

I really cant understand why zos has done something like that
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, weapons should not upgrade automatically.
    It would be cool if they did, but Wheeler was so fast with the “no upgrade” and sticking to his guns about it. Ain’t gonna happen.

The plus side is these perfected bonuses suck so bad no one is even gonna care.

You’ll just farm it so yours says The Perfected Maelstrom Weapon ooooooooh!

With these genuinely worthless extra stats.

• CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    No they should not I finally may have the motivation to revisit some of the content I thought I’d never touch again, [snip]

I go on my own time once in a while and that's my business.

You say you want a motivation to go back in there but then call others lazy forn it wanting to pushed into a fabricated useless grind. Stop being lazy and just go back in there. You shouldn't need motivation, now go waste your time.

Wanting to play the game is not being lazy. I want to do something else. Already been in there 100 times. To me, when a dev creates a reason to revisit content in that way, I classify it as "artificial content". I don't have a better way of classifying it but my point is, you create a new zone, that's real content, actual new gear = real content.

Raising level cap and make you farm your gear again = artificial content. Adding a new bonus and making the current vet weapons as the new old weapons is the same as raising the level cap therefore artificial content.

The real lazy ones here are the Devs. They probably equate grinding "new" weapons to new content which it completely isn't.

That's lazy and your thought process is also lazy. You equate people finding this decision stupid to being lazy when the reasons can be many. Some is because they struggle in it and don't want to deal with it, some, like me, is because they want to play the game. Simply put, by principle, this move is arbitrary and childish from my point of view.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 7:03PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

1. Making us not do old content for the same level of reward, even if it had a new bell/whistle added to it, is what I liked about ESO vs. other games. I don't want to regrind the same content for new versions of the same gear whether it's perfected or CP180, etc. We already have enough events and things like pledges to funnel players into old content, I don't want to start the gear grind method in this game.

2. There is also a bit of a feeling that's it's pretty unfair to have someone do vMA right now and vMA one week from now and get a totally different reward. Plus to tell someone that doing nMA is worth the same reward in a week that something doing vMA right now would get. The difficulty difference in those two runs is night and day. I'm glad to see nMA get something useful dropping, but it should have been implemented more intelligently. What I see is that all my vMA rewards are being converted to nMA rewards and people doing the exact same stuff I did will be getting better versions of weapons. This isn't additional rewards being added like motifs, it's just a smaller scale version of a gear cap raise.

3. If it's not a big deal to not upgrade, then the opposite also applies. So there is no reason to disrespect and tick off an entire segment of the community. Of course there will be decisions we all don't like, happens every patch and sometimes you have to stick with it, but this isn't one of those 'for the sake of the game' changes. It would not be a technical problem to do this, and it's not a balance issue. It's simply done with callousness toward the end game community.

4. At this point, as just a pure customer service issue after ignoring multiple multi-page threads. It starting to feel that they don't view players as customers, just a necessary evil. Combine that with the multiple 'performance updates' that have made the game performance actually worse and they really don't need to provide additional reasons for players to leave the game.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Moose_Scout
    Moose_Scout
    ✭✭✭
    I already did the vet content and got the vet reward.

Why would they give me the normal reward for completing the vet content?

It makes no sense. I spent a lot of time in my life for the vet reward and all of that time is now wasted.

It makes farming...rather useless and makes the community mistrust the devs.
    "What a Grand and Intoxicating Innocence"
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    I think all this complaining has more to do with jealousy or saltiness that noobs can now get the weps from normal.

Whoever still can't do vMA in 2020 likely can't use MSA weapons anyway, so what gives? :D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no point in faring them, From what ive seen the backbar weapons (staves and bows) will perform the same. The DW weapons will not out perform 2 5x sets and a monster set... again..., like all the other changes they have made to vMA weapons in the past they are still horrible.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    You better upgrade them ZoS. You have to respect your veteran players at some point. I have an ARMORY of golded out VDSA and VMA weapons. Do not devalue my time and effort by making them sub par. Just because everyone and their mother can get the arena weps now, doesn't mean you need to spit on your veteran player's time and work.
    Edited by CurvedSwords123 on May 19, 2020 9:16PM
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    Its a simple matter of just respecting the players and the amount of time they have put into farming maelstrom arena, etc to get the stuff they wanted. Asking them to do it all over again with the reason 'just because' , thats really spitting in people's faces. I have always been fairly lucky with my farming, but not everyone has been so. Many people who just want to pvp burn out having to farm this stuff over and over again, and I feel sorry for them that zos treats its player base like trash.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, Maelstrom weapons should not drop in normal arena at all. Those, who can't complete vMA in 2020 can't use it properly anyway. Wanna BiS weapons? Go and earn it. Perfect run for perfected weapons, non-perfected for just a vet run. Can't do vet? L2P.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only should they not be, but more to the point they’re not going to be.

Move along.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wyrd88 The only reason I disagree with this is that I've seen so many people who don't have their maelstrom inferno and think that's what is holding back their dps.

At least this way they have their BiS gear and maybe realise that the issue isn't the gear at all.
  • Lord_Umbranox
    Lord_Umbranox
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they should upgrade and normal arenas shouldn't give end-game gear for no effort, but devs don't care. Sunshine-bowing-butterfly-chasers are happy so ZoS think they do the right thing and our opinion doesn't matter :s
    "To give up the hard road is to bring suffering to the next traveler."
    Master Ahram
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    @Wyrd88 The only reason I disagree with this is that I've seen so many people who don't have their maelstrom inferno and think that's what is holding back their dps.

At least this way they have their BiS gear and maybe realise that the issue isn't the gear at all.

vMA staff requires you to weave. If you can't weave, your DPS won't change. And the primary reason for low DPS is not knowing how to weave.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 20, 2020 1:34AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These poll results are telling. Like the backlash in their announcement thread of this wonderful idea.

Yet ZOS presses on. Makes bad decisions. Does not communicate with the community. Ignores all feedback. The ZOS MO.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 20, 2020 1:43AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t mind that they’re adding the weapons to the normal arenas, that’s not the beef here, It is however an absolute insult that they’re not upgrading the weapons people have already earned. They were earned in vet they should remain vet rewards. It’s becoming very clear that ZOS don’t value the time put into their game from their players. Wheeler’s month long silence on the issue is very telling. So much for “improving our communication with the playerbase” what an empty promise that was.
    Edited by MattT1988 on May 20, 2020 7:27AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going back in there
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    It would be cool if they did, but Wheeler was so fast with the “no upgrade” and sticking to his guns about it. Ain’t gonna happen.

The plus side is these perfected bonuses suck so bad no one is even gonna care.

You’ll just farm it so yours says The Perfected Maelstrom Weapon ooooooooh!

With these genuinely worthless extra stats.

There are no worthless stats to a hybrid ;)
  • Ultravylence
    Ultravylence
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should simply make a short quest chain to "Attune" your VMA weapon and make it perfected. This quest would be available to anyone who has completed VMA.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think they should upgrade the existing weapons for people that have them. I’m someone who will never torture myself to try the vet MA and was resigned to never having them. But I’ve done normal MA once Just to experience it and now that I can get the weapons that will drop on normal I’m very happy to do it again. I think the people who suffered through the vet version time and time again shouldn’t have to do it again just to get something similar to what they once had. 🙂
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS wants us to farm “new” arena weapons they should make new arena content for us to farm instead.[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 20, 2020 7:17PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The perfected versions will be rewards for completing the content on vet. People currently holding arena weapons got them for completing content on vet. Upgrading them would simply be appropriate alignment of rewards for content difficulty.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any comment?

Or just more deafening silence?
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy people can get weapons on normal, mad my current stuff isnt upgrading. Simple as that.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to have a reason to enter these arenas again! Both are very fun.
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason to autoupgrade them. Ppl got exactly what they farmed for any many got it years ago. They benefited from farming it. Now that a better version is available ppl beg for free upgrades. Feels lazy to me.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    There is no reason to autoupgrade them. Ppl got exactly what they farmed for any many got it years ago. They benefited from farming it. Now that a better version is available ppl beg for free upgrades. Feels lazy to me.

Nah, the better version point is moot. These weapons used to have attached stat bonuses, that were nerfed, now they are getting upgraded again.

It's not a free upgrade if we completed the exact content required to earn these "new" weapons. The relative stat discrepency earned won't even exist anymore since the current weps will be owned by everyone via normal difficulty.

Your argument is lazy. Coercing players to revisit old content is lazy.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you are hating the Antiqueties System then because it is essentially exactly this.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭

I guess you are hating the Antiqueties System then because it is essentially exactly this.

I'm not crazy about it. But no, it's not the same thing. The only issue I have with the mythics is they are nerfing monster helmets to make them more appealing.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a terrible comparison.

Antiquities are new content. You aren't being forced to redo quests you've already done.

What new content has been added to vMA?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 21, 2020 2:25AM