The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final... Part 2)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem is that I have to learn how to dizzying swing. They took out all the enjoyable spammables for stam.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    The only problem is that I have to learn how to dizzying swing. They took out all the enjoyable spammables for stam.

Dizzy has no second aim check anymore, no second directional check, shorter cast time, seemingly random stun, seemingly random snare. 26% less damage than you probably remember it hitting for
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy swing is even more annoying than before because of medium weave stuns from the OB, which can be near-unbreakable even at full stem. Or that you need to break free from twice because of current performance issues.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Dizzy swing is even more annoying than before because of medium weave stuns from the OB, which can be near-unbreakable even at full stem. Or that you need to break free from twice because of current performance issues.

yeah zos somehow got the notion that old dizzy was too strong(*cough* maybe because of the *** changes to onslaught) but instead of having an easy telegraphed knockup from a single 4-5 average human reaction time long cast , dizzy now has a debuff that allows ANY medium/heavy or next dizzy to stun. before the knockup came from a massive upwards swing animation that was clear and very noticeable so even newer players would pick up on what happened to them. Now one guy dizzys them and for some reason randomly they slump over because some random guy bow medium attacked them 28m away.

You know zos has been trying to push to dumb down the game for newer players, when it is their own fault for over complicating so many random things into uncounterable messes of mechanics. Newer players already have enough trouble as it is, why does zos expect them to figure out where random stuns come from that you have no chance to dodge/block because they are not tied to any specific animation. What makes it all even worse is how many random animations are in the game. ***, most sets now are as flashy as ultimates. Valkyn skoria literally has meteor animation, why the *** do we care if it has an animation, it is undodgeable anyways. Half of necro/wardens abilities look like ultimates. Idk makes little sense game design wise, shame to see the team ruin the game, and then want to dumb it down because they didnt expect the changes they made to make it impossible for newer players to learn.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can’t walk through dizzying now?
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can’t walk through dizzying now?

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6K7eDnk3g&t=207s

You can wrecking blow however....cuz ya know......zos
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully today I’ll have my EP done grinding and I’ll see you around!
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'll pop in and get roughed up a little when I get back from my little side trip to Sedona. Should be all rested up by then.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like I'll make an EP if anyone wants to fiddle around.

this is awesome! i wanna see it! I'll fiddle around with you LMFAO!!
    Edited by Enkil on June 15, 2020 7:46AM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »

yeah zos somehow got the notion that old dizzy was too strong(*cough* maybe because of the *** changes to onslaught) but instead of having an easy telegraphed knockup from a single 4-5 average human reaction time long cast , dizzy now has a debuff that allows ANY medium/heavy or next dizzy to stun. before the knockup came from a massive upwards swing animation that was clear and very noticeable so even newer players would pick up on what happened to them. Now one guy dizzys them and for some reason randomly they slump over because some random guy bow medium attacked them 28m away.

You know zos has been trying to push to dumb down the game for newer players, when it is their own fault for over complicating so many random things into uncounterable messes of mechanics. Newer players already have enough trouble as it is, why does zos expect them to figure out where random stuns come from that you have no chance to dodge/block because they are not tied to any specific animation. What makes it all even worse is how many random animations are in the game. ***, most sets now are as flashy as ultimates. Valkyn skoria literally has meteor animation, why the *** do we care if it has an animation, it is undodgeable anyways. Half of necro/wardens abilities look like ultimates. Idk makes little sense game design wise, shame to see the team ruin the game, and then want to dumb it down because they didnt expect the changes they made to make it impossible for newer players to learn.

2-H has been broken for many months!!! Please reflect, and check yourself! Have been advocating for a telegraph of 2-H BS recently, or have u and your little posse been exploiting it? Hmm...
    Edited by Enkil on June 15, 2020 8:09AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does that even mean? 2h is literally the only viable weapon line across classes as a primary DPS bar. There are some classes that can run other weapons main bar like stamplar, StamNB, etc can with dual wield, but the diversity among weapons has dropped dramatically.

They killed S&B as a spammable and dw never really had a strong option that wasn’t class-specific. On top of that, they nerfed literally everything they could regarding bash weaving down to the actual fluidity of animations.

I’ve been disappointed in 2h because the mechanics of the stun for dizzying swing are poorly relatable to new players and the inability to walk through the telegraph makes for a more boring, skill-devoid life. Some people in past patches had a good handle on the swing with 2x hit reg checks, but now it’s just the one.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »

2-H has been broken for many months!!! Please reflect, and check yourself! Have been advocating for a telegraph of 2-H BS recently, or have u and your little posse been exploiting it? Hmm...

If you keep up with the patches, s&b lost 8% damage across the board while losing major defile so stamcro could be the only class to have it. Dw is finally only becoming viable if you run master dw and run a gimmicky Xv1 dot build. Dizzy has been *** since elsweyr, back before when I was one of the few people that would even run it. Now it is the only weapon skill line to really use and without the long cast, double aim check, and easily telegraphed knockup, It has just become a mindless spammable with random effects tied to it.

2h isnt broken, it is literally the only weapon skill line viable. Dizzy does *** damage now and has random stun/snare, I would hardly say it is broken. If anything it now only favors Xv1 players that dont care about timing combos and love unskillful random events in combat.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be objective, it’s hard to say dizzy was underpowered- it just didn’t have a need for a nerf or change especially when we had a tank meta.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Makes no difference to me.... by the time I wind up a Dizzy, the intended recipient has had a cup of tea and a biscuit, ran around me three times and then gone to Bruma. My latency in Kyne is 330-350 (via Perth western Australia).
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run elude and they never get away.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzza45 wrote: »
    Makes no difference to me.... by the time I wind up a Dizzy, the intended recipient has had a cup of tea and a biscuit, ran around me three times and then gone to Bruma. My latency in Kyne is 330-350 (via Perth western Australia).

From my experience with aus guildies over the years, sadly you have to just find abilities that go off quickly and animation cancel quickly for things to work. For instance dizzy hits at the end of a gcd, where something like suprise attack hits at the beginning almost instantly. Another one would be ransack, which is still one of the fastest abilities in the game. There are avenues to play at a decently high skill level, but you will always be ~200ms behind
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been some reasonably fun PvP these last few days. Kinda glad I’m playing. Still take issue with the dizzying swing meta - it is nice that you end up getting stunned so infrequently.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh it is worse now that the stun is random. It would be better if the stun happened everytime from the dizzy. Currently it randomly happens 7s after the initial dizzy without any animation to counterplay off of, you just randomly slump over.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like it on the receiving end. So many folks are running it that you don’t get CC’d in CD. Sure, it doesn’t have as much counterplay and that blows.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is less frequent stuns, but at the same time zos destroyed an ability that was perfectly fine before balance wise with 26% more damage and a knockup on each hit. Tbh they shouldnt have removed the aim checks....but the real issue was the random changes to onslaught that made 2h BiS for a year.

Imo any amount of simple basic counterplay being removed when the devs are making comments saying they want low apm players to be at the same level as higher apm players is worrying.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

There are many things that divide us in this life, from politics, to wealth, to personal opinions. In Cyrodiil, alliances divide us. Zone chat can be toxic and I am sure that the majority of people reading this have had at least one salty /whisper on the battlefield. But this ESO community, and even more specifically the under 50 PCNA community never fails to prove that we truly are a community that can transcend these things.

I did not know Borch, but may people who play in this campaign called him a friend. He passed away recently and his guild wished to honour him in the game he loved. And specificity, in Cyrodiil. They asked for a truce so his guild mates could ride a lap around Cyrodiil in his honour, and asked that EP and DC join them. We did, and I feel this epitomizes how this game can knit perfect strangers into friends... and even a truly dysfunctional family (and I say this with love!). Below is a short video showing the event from my perspective.

#ESOFamily

https://youtu.be/qY_jg_9CjGY
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice tribute guys.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool video Tacoma! :D I made one too but it's almost identical to yours! XD Yours has nicer music though :)

I also did not know Borsh, apart from fighting against him on the battlefields of Cyrodiil, but it was amazing to see so many players give a tribute to a fellow PVPer. Massive respect to all the players from all 3 factions that attended & held the truce.

Special thanks to Ja'nessa of AD for organising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7EXQzEet-w
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭

Lumsdenml wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

There are many things that divide us in this life, from politics, to wealth, to personal opinions. In Cyrodiil, alliances divide us. Zone chat can be toxic and I am sure that the majority of people reading this have had at least one salty /whisper on the battlefield. But this ESO community, and even more specifically the under 50 PCNA community never fails to prove that we truly are a community that can transcend these things.

I did not know Borch, but may people who play in this campaign called him a friend. He passed away recently and his guild wished to honour him in the game he loved. And specificity, in Cyrodiil. They asked for a truce so his guild mates could ride a lap around Cyrodiil in his honour, and asked that EP and DC join them. We did, and I feel this epitomizes how this game can knit perfect strangers into friends... and even a truly dysfunctional family (and I say this with love!). Below is a short video showing the event from my perspective.

#ESOFamily

https://youtu.be/qY_jg_9CjGY

Absolutely fantastic video of the memorial to Borch. He ran in our little PvP group virtually every night and just loved it. Gotta say there were a few tears (me included) as we went through the gate and saw the lines of 'enemies' honouring the old rascal. Just shows how a community can come-together and forget about conflict for a short while. Thanks to you all for the tribute - he would've been amazed..!
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late in the party seeing this, but RIP. Cool to see the community banding together like this still.

I miss old BwB days where folks would regularly do this sort of stuff to show respect.
    Edited by Adenoma on September 5, 2020 2:43PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... how's everyone doing? Also, where's @DeadlyRecluse ? I was supposed to travel across the country this summer to help him clean up cat poop.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly is in hiding........I am not allowed to speak any further
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly is in hiding........I am not allowed to speak any further

Oh no! Well if he needs money while he's on the run just let me know.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    So.... how's everyone doing? Also, where's @DeadlyRecluse ? I was supposed to travel across the country this summer to help him clean up cat poop.

I'm just living my best Tacoma life.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »

I'm just living my best Tacoma life.

I just had a new house built in Mount Vernon. Listed my house in Bellingham last night and have 3 offers already. Moral of the story.... Mount Vernon is like Tacoma only smaller.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all