The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 26 Combat Preview

• Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what everyone after a hard week wants to see ... wth is wrong with you all at ZOS hq??

I mean, you can get them only in veteran, how does it make any sense to downgrade it? If you'd put in tokens as rewards, that we can exchange for weapon of choice, that would make more sense, but this...
  • sounsauce01
    sounsauce01
    ✭✭
    I have probably never posted on these forums in my life until now, and I have played this game since beta. The amount of damage you have done with changes in this game in regards to healers has been downright abysmal. They have become obsolete in most of the aging dungeon content after nerfs to orbs/springs, and most definitely in PvP after this. You guys slid in the BG solo queue change deep in your patch notes, which has already destroyed a "TEAM" based feature and also made BGs as a healer impossible to play. Why even have healing trees if you can't utilize them? I thought PvP was your initial end-game ideology, yet you are excluding a very specific type of class that has been in MMOs since the beginning.

And then to make huge changes to bis weapons in content that has been out for years, and force us to refarm them? Is this your idea on how to keep the game "alive"? That is dirty and disrespectful to your player base.

I have invested literally thousands of dollars into your crownstore between PS4 and PC with hope that my money would help fund this game into progressive changes, but these are not progressive changes. I personally have been downright disappointed in the majority of your content for the last year.

I recommend that you put more focus on fixing the bigger issues occurring, like the desynching issues /dungeon queue/disconnects visiting houses that we're experiencing that is making the game nearly unplayable, instead of just making us more mad and forcing us to farm content we have completed quite some time ago.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me over 50 runs to get my inferno staff. Many times more for other weapons. I’ve investmented substantial amounts of gold materials and many hundreds of transmute crystals for my vMA weapons. Yet more for DSA weapons. Are we now re-grinding old content for low drop rate items that we thought we’d already farmed to death? Is this fun?
    Edited by Kolzki on April 17, 2020 4:28PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfair to not upgrade already arena weapons.

New players can improve their build with non perfected weapons, but you are forgetting to reward vet players.

Personally im ok with vma, but in vdsa its a old content and sometimes its a pain to find a group (and its a long arena to run).

If you are going through that idea, at least give us some "save point", like vma, on vdsa (quest).
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.
    That is genuine shenanigans.

We earned our weapons in Veteran Maelstrom, and many (most) of us had to farm them for-ev-er to get the exact weapons we needed. If the difference between Perfected and non-Perfected is Veteran versus Normal, and all of us earned our weapons in Veteran, then why shouldn’t we get the upgrade?

Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BrianWheeler wrote: »
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions

If this is coming i'm out, definitly.

Hekat'e / Hel'a Niflheim - Sorc / Necro - PS5 EU
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone reiterate how new Spectral Cloak will work please. This description is so vague. I get it as instead of manually activating it, it will grant both buffs passively?
    Edited by Cinbri on April 17, 2020 4:48PM
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Unfair to not upgrade already arena weapons.

New players can improve their build with non perfected weapons, but you are forgetting to reward vet players.

Personally im ok with vma, but in vdsa its a old content and sometimes its a pain to find a group (and its a long arena to run).

If you are going through that idea, at least give us some "save point", like vma, on vdsa (quest).

Apparently is a common trending to not reward veteran, long standing players that grinded this for days, weeks, or even months.
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    So that I'm on the same page as the admins here, let me spell this out.
    So what you are saying, those of us who earned our Maelstrom and Dragonstar gear (by completing maelstrom on vet), are about to have players earn that same gear on NORMAL now, and that if we want to earn our end game weapons back on perfected versions that we will need to complete maelstrom on vet, the same exact way we have ALREADY completed it, to get the perfected versions?
    That is the most asinine decision I have seen. Can we stop trying to find ways to punish your vet and end game players? We've been here supporting this game the longest.
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]

But realistically, these will be interesting changes although as mentioned above, health stacking is more of an issue than healing tbh (especially with some heals scaling with %health).

Interested to see the all these new bonuses tbh on vDSA and vMA weapons, especially the vma S.b and 2h and all the dsa weapons.

perfected master 2h brawler O.o <3

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 17, 2020 5:03PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you manage to make all Arena Weapons to work through barswap by the way? that's the first reason why ppl dont use them. Add some fancy +129 stat points wont change much if the bonus granted is negated by barswaping...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dillpat wrote: »
    [Snip]

But realistically, these will be interesting changes although as mentioned above, health stacking is more of an issue than healing tbh (especially with some heals scaling with %health).

Interested to see the all these new bonuses tbh on vDSA and vMA weapons, especially the vma S.b and 2h and all the dsa weapons.

perfected master 2h brawler O.o <3
    [Edited for bait]

the weapons (VMA at least) ALREADY had the bonuses... ZoS took them away. Now adding them back in, but have to re-farm.

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 17, 2020 5:03PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Vaz2013
    Vaz2013
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even have any of the weapons in question and I think not converting the existing weapons people farmed so hard and long for is forked up. [snip] who decided this...and who's the smart person on the team who warned them it was a bad idea?

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on April 17, 2020 4:35PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

What is the reason for this?
    (Hopefully its that you have introduced a great new token system to allow people to buy the weapons they want right?!)

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by bonus granted i mean the "Real" effect, like the stack on Asylum destro staves, the DoT proc from BRP bows and so on, not the 129 stat points (even if it could be fun for it to last through barswap too, like in the good old days ^^)
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you tell us what is gonna happen to current MSA and DSA weapons we have? Will they be categorized as normal or perfected versions? As there's no weapon dropping from normal now, i believe the weapons we already have should be reverted to perfected version automatically.

Thanks in advance.

I can only say, this is the perfect conclusion of what should happen...
    If not, well... you'll better make sure you fix your server capacity for vMA farm

(or introduce a way where you can choose a weapon on the first time completing it on every char that completed it in the past @ZOS_BrianWheeler )

|Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So having to redeem vma and vdsa again AND trait change all of our hard earned pvp gear.... at least upgrade current weapons to perfected the impen changes I can understand...
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Forums are gonna explode over this. I don't envy you guys.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you be so very kind to tell us the reasoning behind this?

I imagine the issue is logistical... :cry:

Why? They were able to remove the 1 piece bonus in the past, so they should be able to add whatever buff to the current set items as well. Just introduce a new item set with a new ID for normal modes. This is only to prolong the grind.
  • Rinthetharmo
    Rinthetharmo
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt farm vMA or even finished it myself yet, but i have many guildies who have for their weapon, and i find this incredibly rude and disrespectful to all the ppl who HAVE farmed this place with the current rng it has:( HAD i farmed this place for my own weapon and if this ends up being the case in the end, i would NOT go bk in there simply on principle. Everything has a limit, even humans.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Here I was, knowing that the world would be set on fire, with no way to prevent that from happening.

This is probably the saddest statement in the topic for me.

The classrep - the people ZOS chose to present community issues to them - probably told them in advance what a horrible decision this is and they were ignored.

How horrible must it feel telling someone they´re making the wrong decision and watch them do it anyway because they´re in charge @masel - i honestly feel bad for you.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler i hope you will have time to lay back at some point and look at this topic and think about what happened:

1. You chose to make a nice upfront post communicating about your new update.
    2. Then you managed to derail and ruin that entire topic and fill it literally with only negativity and animosity towards you and your company by communicating a decision that every vet player could have told you is wrong.

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, do you just really despise your veteran players or what?
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭

So i will have to re-farm:

2 inferno staff, 1 Restoration and 1 Bow of vMA;
    1 Bow, 1 inferno, 1 Lightning, 1 Greatsword and 1 Restoration of vDSA;

This while the lag never get fixed? Time for a NEW WORLD to go
    Edited by yRaven on April 17, 2020 4:38PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you just funnel players back into the same RNG infested content all over again, to get a perfected version of the item they have, which is a reward for completing an objective they have ALREADY COMPLETED? Are you really that afraid people will run out of things to do in your game? The most hilarious part is the weapon used to have a 1 piece bonus! So you removed that, only to reintroduce it now for players to farm the *** maelstrom arena over and over again as if they haven't done that a thousand times before... This is just so predictable as well, it's not as if you guys dont grab any opportunity to milk every last drop out of the playerbase. Seems recycling content is the new meta in game development land. You just treat your customers like the purest form of ***, what a disgrace!
    Edited by Koensol on April 17, 2020 4:39PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

So you just want to force players that already complete the content on vet to rerun old content for the sake of it - because running an arena you already did 200 times for another 50 times is fun.

I really hope you get the backlash this deserves.

^this
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naw, I just got my masters bow for my pvp build. I'm not farming that dungeon and transmuting another item [snip]. We all did the arenas in vet already for these items, stop treating your playerbase like ***. [snip] Update the existing item with the new stats and introduce the non-prefected item as a new item instead of nerfing the existing item.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on April 17, 2020 4:40PM
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaUnicorn wrote: »

This absolutely makes no sense to me nor to any of my guild mates.

We spend hours upon hours farming those weapons, then hours upon hours farming transmutes, upgraded them and now you are saying they are going to trash and we need to go and redo all of that all over again?! I
    will have to re-farm 3 vDSA restos, 4 vMA infernos, 2vMA lightnings, 2 vMA bows! And with my luck I will get 10 of 2-handers and 10 of S&B from each arena way before getting any of the relevant weapons.

This is so not cool and impact of it on the community it so not thought through.
    You are re-making existing sets all the time, not like it will take any more effort to upgrade existing weapons to perfected than it took "fixing" Vykosa or Ice heart. There is no good reason and no excuse not to upgrade existing vMA and vDSA weapons to perfected versions.

Same. I have 5 infernos, 2 lightnings, and 5 bows vMA currently in use on different characters, plus a master resto and a couple master's bows. Most have been transmuted because they rarely come in the right trait. They've changed these weapons before, so they're perfectly capable of doing it again. But they'd rather us all go redo old content.

Maybe Greymoor chapter is going to be that light that we'll need something old to occupy our time and distract us (disclaimer: this is just the cynical conspiracy theorist in me, not a real observation).

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When you nerfed vMA weapons to remove the weapon damage from them, you altered the weapons I had already earned to reflect the new change. But now that they're being buffed, you can't do the same thing again? That makes no sense.

It sounds like there are lots of excellent, long-time-coming changes being made in U26. Things that could dramatically impact the health of the game in a positive way. And all of that will be overshadowed by this one bad, anti-player decision. No one will notice or care about the good things because they are all outweighed by this.

Please reconsider.
    Edited by casparian on April 17, 2020 4:40PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I eager to see changes of templars because so far it looks like its long-standing problem of class entire defense to be healing will get even worse.
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    Jack-0 wrote: »

So, do you just really despise your veteran players or what?

Beginners got their reward... but ours? a punishment?