The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 26 Combat Preview

• Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

But does this mean that the current state of our arena weapons will change? Or will the new perfected weapons just be stronger then what we already have?
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank god the Uninstall button doesn't have a casttime yet.
  • tzmsce
    tzmsce
    ✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

You cant be serious.
    If you add a perfected version for vet and We All farmed vet, then we should get the vet version too.
    Farming them takes ages because of rng, this means we have wasted countless hours.
    This shows complete disrespect for our time and all the hours we spent to get these weapons.
    (I reported your post for obvious trolling @ZOS_BrianWheeler)
    Edited by tzmsce on April 17, 2020 4:22PM
    eat the children!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -x
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have done these arena's after you made changes to these weapons in the past. Since these changes we have beaten the content, there is no change in difficulty of the arena, just the weapons. Making us doing it again is just you forcing us to redo old content.

You make such a nice heads-up post but if this change goes through it's such a waste of positivity here and a big middle finger to your veteran players.

Please reconsider.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Are you aware that healing isn't all that big of an issue but rather the naturally high health pools and the abstinence of being burstable for most of the time, due to casttimes on ults, lack of offensive CCs.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I tend to agree, I now regularly see top players 1vXX and take no damage despite simultaneous multiple debuffs and ultimates. If anything you need to look at how much damage LOS and structures absorb with players playing ring-a-rosie around and in structures. It's simply ridiculous and it favors heavy armor to a point of unfairness.
    Edited by marius_buys on April 17, 2020 4:16PM
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really make sense to me why the current vMA/vDSA weapons will not be upgraded? Especially with the garbage loot RNG, don't think the majority of people are going to want to be re-farming their infernos or bows!
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all know you have the capability to update our current items. This is a direct insult to the players.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not cool at all that we have to refarm our weapons. Took many runs to get my masters resto staff. I don't want to farm it again with the bs rng the game has.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    many of us spent weeks farming vMA weapons. please, reconsider forcing us to re-farm them as perfected.

didn't vMA weapons used to have a stat-based set bonus that was removed at some point too?
  • Aynethol
    Aynethol
    Soul Shriven
    I am both happy and sad about this change! I`am delighted for the people who found vMA incredibly challenging and that were behind other players due to not having the maelstrom weaponry same with vDSA. But also I do believe they should auto-upgrade the current weapons people have so that players aren't screwed over for the material cost and possible transmutation crystals they invested to make sure everything was perfect.

I guess least we have more content to redo now but it will be tedious because nothing changed with the arena`s, just the fact we are at RNGjesus mercy again and possibly will have to start refarming vMA for hours and tons of attempts to get an inferno staff again :( hope a double drop event comes out for them when this change is released :(
  • veil_
    veil_
    ✭✭✭

Thats insane. So those who grinded out maelstrom and dragonstar arena when it was first released have to do it again? 4+ year old content? how is that in any way fair?
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    Calling it now the perfected versions will just have the 129 damage bonus that was removed from our existing weapons. So we have to grind all over again just to get back what we had in the first place.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ? People will feel like you are robbing them. Seriously.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    many of us spent weeks farming vMA weapons. please, reconsider forcing us to re-farm them as perfected.

didn't vMA weapons used to have a stat-based set bonus that was removed at some point too?

They did.

Basically they nerfed the weapons in the past - to now introduce new ones with a stat bonus that you have to farm again.

:trollface: endless endgame content
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You responded quickly before now after being repeatedly asked to give a reason for this absolute nonsense decision, you’ve chickened out. Those weapons were earned in Vet so they should be upgraded. Man up and face the music @ZOS_BrianWheeler

What is the reason?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I expect most people will not like this.

I can clear vMA in about half an hour. If I'm forced to re-farm my weapons, I can and it won't be that painful.

But I don't want to. There are things that I'd rather do than to re-run content that I've ran literally hundreds of times over the past 4.5 years.

Exactly this. I can do a vMA run pretty easily so I'm not worried about the difficulty of needing to get through again to refarm the weapons. That said, there are plenty of other things I'd rather be doing than running through vMA over and over again to get all the weapons I need when I've already done so and transmuted them all.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭

Please do not do this. Your community that has these weapons had to grind it on vet. We have spent hours and materials grinding this gear and golding it out. That's not fair to your players to not upgrade them.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like literally, vMA weapons had those bonus stats already back then, then u removed them, and now u're gonna put them back, but we need to farm them once again? Is this kind of joke here?
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Couple pieces of feedback on what you have written here @ZOS_BrianWheeler

1. Healing reduction via battle spirit. Ill be honest even in no cp our healthbars are really only "volatile", if we are running low mitigation. Healing is one part of the current tankiness issue, but not the only part. Anyhow i still think this is a good change.

2. Crit resistance changes. No, just no. At least not with the current meta. Let me explain,
    After the latest changes to dots(nerfed to the ground), direct damage, timed burst combos have become the staple, and really the only way to kill competent players. Of course most of us has turned to the 1 thing that can completely negate even the deadliest of combos: sword and board.
    What the proposed changes will allow us to do, is to put on more and more pieces of sturdy gear, and become freaking unkillable, even more so than now.
    It's easy to look at the crit resist changes in a vacuum and say theyre good, after all: Variety!Nice!
    But really, its just going to push more people into running sword and board backbars, and turte at the first sign of trouble.
    I would really reconsider buffing dot damage again, not to the point where they are as oppressive as before, but where you can actually create dot based builds on most classes without completely gimping yourself in every other aspect, as well as encourage people to run at least 1 dot, like we used to.

3. Monster set changes: Sure, works for me, id love it if you guys could look at the 1sec-ish delays on most of these sets and remove them, at the cost of higher cooldown, as opposed to higher damage.

4.VMA+VDSA changes: Sure i dont mind more people having access to these weapons, but i urge you to reconsider not upgrading the current ones to perfect, before the Forums explode into drama, and youll have to change them anyway.
    We did afterall, complete veteran modes of those dungeons for those weapons, i think its only fair, and lets be real shouldnt be any technical issues that would prevent you from doing so.

5.Spectral cloak change: GREAT! Now my stamcro can stack major/minor protection, 10% from ghost AND spectral cloak. Yes, keep this change please XD
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so mad. I mean.. it's just mean. My transmutations are hard to get. RNG. The arena itself in V is a long process... dang.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Are you aware that healing isn't all that big of an issue but rather the naturally high health pools and the abstinence of being burstable for most of the time, due to casttimes on ults, lack of offensive CCs.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Well - healing is definetly part of the issue.

The problem is that not every class or build does produce this insanely high healing numbers but the nerf is universal again.
    This will (again - like most past changes) affect the builds more that didn´t have overblown heals in the first place.

For a build with 6k vigor crit ticks it will hardly matter that much dropping to 5k - because they had insane overhealing anyway.
    For a build that only healed for 2k crit dropping to 1.66 will be pretty significant - because they didn´t overheal as much.

It shows again a disregard for actually trying to understand the issues in pvp and tackeling them directly and specifically and instead is ONCE AGAIN a sledgehammer approach that will not fix the issue but aggravate it.
    Edited by Derra on April 17, 2020 4:25PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    Another question: why so much focus on spell penetration? At least for PVE with a semi-optimized group its a less than needed set stat. Valkyn Skoria is great with health for newer players who can’t get a DLC monster set yet, and the health bonus helps them. If penetration is becoming important, it needs to be added to the base UI for console players.
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    It's like... the older I get playing this game, the less rewarding it gets.

Like the morrowind case. Now everyone has it free, and to me it costs 35$.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's should be looked at as we are already have taken them from veteran difficulty and also leaderboard rewards. Also having 18 characters some of which have 2-3 of each weapons in various enchantment and trait options, had transmutation stones, mats spent into deconstruction matarial again? Not even taking about farming for a right trait or a weapon type that some of us did for months grinding, why should we be punished with more mindless grind on top?
    Edited by colossalvoids on April 17, 2020 4:25PM
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This absolutely makes no sense to me nor to any of my guild mates.

We spend hours upon hours farming those weapons, then hours upon hours farming transmutes, upgraded them and now you are saying they are going to trash and we need to go and redo all of that all over again?! I
    will have to re-farm 3 vDSA restos, 4 vMA infernos, 2vMA lightnings, 2 vMA bows! And with my luck I will get 10 of 2-handers and 10 of S&B from each arena way before getting any of the relevant weapons.

This is so not cool and impact of it on the community it so not thought through.
    You are re-making existing sets all the time, not like it will take any more effort to upgrade existing weapons to perfected than it took "fixing" Vykosa or Ice heart. There is no good reason and no excuse not to upgrade existing vMA and vDSA weapons to perfected versions.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on April 17, 2020 4:30PM
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you are all forgetting is : Even if we have the weapons in hand, will we be able to play from 5pm - 12am on PC EU Cyrodill in a correct manner? :o
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes zero sense to me to lose goodwill from players by not upgrading existing weapons. They all had one-piece bonuses originally, you took them away, and now you’re adding them back but requiring the grind again.

I think the addition of non-perfected weapons to normal MA arena is great. It will help newer players catch up to vets more easily and, once they get their normal weapon, encourage them to improve and work on vet. Rewarding people who beat it on vet with an extra bonus is something people have been asking for ever since you removed them, and gives a bit of an extra reward for doing vet without creating a dramatic power imbalance. It’s a great change!

Yet, forcing players to regrind everything again...basically ruins all of that good will for no reason at all. New patch drops, do you want people exploring the new zone? Playing the new trial? Doing the artifact mini game? Or...endlessly grinding vMA again?
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    The vMA change is a disgrace. And an insult to the people who farmed for weeks on vet.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG. Do you know how long it took me to farm a vma inferno?! Months of grinding and now they're telling me they're not going to upgrade them? Yeah, go ahead - cater to the low skill and effort players. GG.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat