The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you were the developer what problem would you address first...(POLL)

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would work on the overall game performance first and foremost.
    The basics... A product should function well before any new modified upgrades are available for the consumers.
    If the current development model doesn't work well, adding more of the same won't help at all.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well (not) sorry but I can't use my abilities in Trials, they simply won't fire.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer I would choose is not available. I would choose to work on multiple tasks at the same time since there are multiple teams that work on the game. It all comes down to having the Knowledge to lead well. Then again, we rarely see a well-crafted poll in these forums.

Of course, I would completely ignore the worst response in the poll, increasing the difficulty in the game. It is a very smart business decision to have tiered difficulties of content as ESO does. It is clearly a wise business model used by most, if not all, of the current major MMORPG titles. Besides, I doubt OP has cleared all the most challenging content (all vet HM trials) in the game to start with as only a very small percentage of ESO players.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This perpetuates the ridiculous delusion that some players have that there is only ever one thing that a company is capable of focusing on.

I imagine that ZOS are actively trying to focus on them all. Some of the tasks are significantly simpler than others. So it’s way easier to put, say, a dozen reskinned mounts together than it is to design a new class, or ‘fix’ Cyrodiil when no one can even agree on what is causing the problems.

Polls like this reveal less about what players want and more about their complete ignorance of game development as a process.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the above. (State below)
    I would solve my own ticket that's open for 2 days
    Edited by yRaven on April 5, 2020 10:45PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭
    none of the poll.

My wallet
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would increase the difficulty of the game; it's too easy.
    Knowledge wrote: »

Probably increasing the difficulty and adding an optional veteran version of each zone. That way high level players could have fun exploring and questing too. Because currently landscape content is just way too easy for experienced and well-geared players.

I'd also like to see the new CP system come out.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, they are working on performance. It's just not having the desired effect.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on April 6, 2020 2:12AM
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems kinda clear what the majority of players want from Zen.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a developer myself, I'd be much more inclined to fixing existing problems and optimizing my code base before adding new features, otherwise it just becomes unwieldy. Having said that, because I'm just a grunt I have to do whatever the client/boss tells me to. Generally they just want features, even when I tell them it's a bad idea. I'm sure ZOS devs are in a similar position themselves.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i find really annoying is the "stuck in combat" bug - this would have to be addressed - it happens far too often.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would add new quests to Guilds already in-game and also to the provinces that already exist. A passage of time from when you did the original quests in those areas.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Content, content and content. All story and lore telling. Even mini quest DLC for 5-800 crowns without voice (read a letter or book, go delve and read letter, go overland there and read a book, go somewhere and read a tablet. etc.etc. Little rewards like costumes or hats or similar (bought the story arc with crows anyway).
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would work on making better Crown Store items and incorporate an in-game secure gold-to-crown trading system.
    First of all, I would create ability to add crowns/crown store items into trade window between two players, as it should be the easiest thing to implement (compared to fixing all other game problems). It would be very safe and encourage even more players to buy crowns/spend gold.
    I also think that we should be able to gift crowns as well, not just items. That way, even if we can't gift in-game houses, we could buy 12k crowns from a player and use them to buy a house :)

[snip]

Next I would see what can be done with "stuck in combat" status, it's the worst bug in the game :/ I would remove all limitations of "in combat" status; maybe I would leave only some limitations (can't use doors/change gear if you're actively taking damage), but I personally don't see any reason for having any "in combat" limitations, especially that this bug is very common and extremely gamebreaking :|

And next would be performance.

[edited for off topic info]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 6, 2020 4:28PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if I was the lead Dev team; I’d make changes that affect the absolute most people possible.

I think you’d have to somehow do that through the UI. None of this back end stuff and messing with numbers.

It would have to be use-able. Completely unlike the last UI updates we got that shows a huge buff/de-buff bar across the screen that is completely un-intelligible.

There’s a number of stats in game that drastically affect performance and are shown exactly nowhere.

Really big things like Crit. And to make matters worse, they’re broken up between whole numbers and percentages; Critical Chance; and then Critical Damage Modifiers. Most people don’t even know what base crit is, and nowhere in game will it tell you.

Then there’s penetration. You have to go look through all your stats, bust out a calculator and start adding things up to figure it out. Then possibly figure out how much you need, because the game tells you exactly nowhere what the resistance values are on PvE mobs and bosses.

If light attack weaving needs to be such a big thing in game, perhaps some kind of counter could be added so players might have a clue if they are doing it right.

The base game UI just pitifully lacks so much information, IMO is the number one thing that needs be looked into.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you work on one thing at a time then it won't go so well for you. Come out with a "product" and then improve on it. Can never get anything right the first time, second or even third.

ZoS can spend an entire year improving and they will still have to improve later. Whether they focus on just the one thing or not.

My choice; they should work on making more content every quarter and start working on more difficult overland content.
    Edited by Yamenstein on April 6, 2020 12:12PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would close the skill gap.
    Right now, I would work on reducing the skill gap, but that is because, right now (since the last time my game crashed and it updated itself), the game has been working reasonably well, for me.

I might have a different answer for you later today, tomorrow, or next week...

Personally, I don't see why they can't both continue to work on performance and also, on adding an auto-attack function (which can be switched off, in Settings).
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 6, 2020 12:39PM
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd make sure my employees were given a voice of their own to help collaborate as a team on the whole experience and do my best to not let higher executives make serious decisions about the game.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »
    I'd make sure my employees were given a voice of their own to help collaborate as a team on the whole experience and do my best to not let higher executives make serious decisions about the game.

But they always will, because their head is on the chopping block if they fail to deliver good return on investment. Chief officers have more to loose than the normal run of the mill developer.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the wave of the my magic mouse, bibby bobbidy boop, Nightblades are now nerfed more.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s funny to hear people defend them and say they can work on two things at once. Clearly that’s not true considering the performance degradation the past five years.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My team.
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Champ points
    For the Horde!
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around bashing and slanderous comments. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would add more classes.
    I knew performance would be highest, so i chose classes.. because who doesn't need a battlemage or beserker class >:)
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Remove animation cancelling and balance class skills by the animation.

🤮
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    Collisions on canopy beds. Definitely.

This is one of the problems I do want to see addressed and it can be addressed by getting rid of collusion on the very top portion the canopy but keeping collusion on the bed itself that way we can interact with them.

Would really love to see this addressed, because what good is a bed you cannot even use? Since they have several different teams of people working on various aspects of the game this could be done by the furnishing team. Hopefully they will do so at some point fix them all up.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 9, 2020 12:35AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.